Congratulations. I’m getting married. That’s supposed to be a good time right? It’s supposed to be exciting and one of the happiest moments of my life. I should be having all these congratulation moments and instead I’m back to saying good luck.

Good luck getting married to pretty much a complete stranger. All I know about him is that he really cares about his image to the public, so much so that he will marry a girl he hardly even knows.

I walked inside as soon as Justin dropped me off and it wasn’t until I was sitting on the couch that I realized he was still here. He sat down on the chair by me and neither of us said anything. I looked up at him and he was looking at the blank television.

I need to bake something.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen. After finding a pan and cracking eggs into the bowl I noticed that Justin was sitting at the island, “What are you making?”

“Cookies”

“Don’t you think you have enough cookies?” he asked looking around the kitchen that was full of baked goods.

“I bake when I’m stressed.”

He nodded his head, “I eat when I’m stressed so it works out,” he grabbed a cookie, “Don’t you eat them?”

“No, I just cook them and smell them. It works if you just smell it.”

“Oh please,” Justin laughed, “There is no way smelling food is as good as eating it.”

I smiled as I added the flour, “I’m sorry I’m being such a bitch.”

“Nah, don’t say that.”

“It’s just weird ya’know? Well you know. You’re taking this much better than I am.”

He shrugged, “If you don’t want to do it we won’t do it. I don’t want you to think that we have to because it’s what your father wants. It’s about us, it’s not about him.”

I nodded my head, “I know I just… I don’t want to ruin your image or Daddy’s image.”

“It’s not all about images though. I mean we can fix the images.”

“You’re a cool kid, I don’t want you to think that it’s like anything against you. I just don’t know you that well, that’s the only reason why I don’t like the idea. But I mean we’ll get to know each other. We have eight months until this thing pops out.”

“Yeah, we’ll be alright. We’ll give it a try. If it doesn’t work out it doesn’t work out.”





I watched Ray as she stuck her finger in the batter and licked it off. Even when I’m trying to be mature and look out for my future I can’t help but think about her licking me in numerous places as she innocently licks batter off her finger. I don’t think suggesting she lick me would be the best idea right now. It’s good to know that all I think about is sex.

Getting married to Ray won’t be all that bad. The sex is good, that’s always important. But then again I always hear those stories about how the sex stops after getting married. I don’t think that’d be possible. Let’s be honest, she wants it just as bad if not more than I do half the time. I do love that about her.

Plus it’s always good sex. It’s new and exciting and she’s up to try anything. I mean anything . I like that. I should probably stop thinking about fucking her right now.

“I thought smelling it was enough,” I said with a smile as she dipped her finger back in the batter and froze as I spoke.

“You can’t smell the batter though, you have to wait for it to bake.”

She licked it off her finger and I was getting hard behind that counter. She has to be doing it on purpose. It’s not like she’s just licking her finger, she’s like licking her finger. “Oh, so it’s ok to eat the batter?”

Ray nodded her head and held the bowl out for me, “Go ahead, take a lick.”

I would very much like to take several licks Ray.

“Do you think they’re going to fall for it?” she asked as she took another lick, clearly she’s not getting the sexual meaning behind the licking that I’m getting.

“Who?” I asked as I stuck my finger in the batter.

She shrugged, “Everyone. Like the media?”

“They will, everyone gets married after knowing each other a couple days in this city. We’ll fit right in.”

“What about Jen?” one thing that I’m starting to hate about Ray is her always mentioning Jennifer.

“Don’t worry about her. It’s over.”

“I know, I don’t mean it like that. I just feel bad.”

“Don’t feel bad. It was over before I met you.”

She nodded her head, “We used to be friends.”

Ray has told me that many times. I don’t know why she tells me that all the time.

“I don’t… I mean…” she paused like she was really thinking about what she was going to say, “I don’t date… well I date, I mean I don’t have a lot of boyfriends. It’s hard for me to let people in. I thought that he was worth it, but clearly he wasn’t. She really hurt me and like… she still doesn’t care, ya’know? I usually like to get even, I mean that’s why…” she paused. Why she slept with me, I get that. “I mean, usually I like to get even but I don’t know if I’m getting older or something. But this is kinda taking it to another level.”

“Don’t even…”

“I know. I’m just saying you shouldn’t tell her, because she will tell everyone and start shit. I know she’s your…well like, you probably don’t think she would but she would. Trust me.”

I nodded my head, “I don’t plan on talking to her again. Don’t worry about her. Forget about her.”

She nodded her head as she scooped the batter on a cookie sheet. “Let’s never talk about her again.”

“That would be wonderful.”

Ray put the last of the cookies in the oven then walked to her living room with the bowl of cookie batter. She sat down on the couch and stuck her finger in the bowl before licking the batter off her finger.

“So…” I began as I grabbed some batter for myself and sat down next to her. I need to focus on something else and not on her licking. “Is it just you and your father?” she nodded her head, “No brothers or sisters?”

“I have a brother.”

“Really? I thought you were the only Dontayo kid.”

“He’s my mother’s son, not my father’s.”

“So he’s older then?”

She nodded her head, “32”

“Is he a director? Actor? Writer?”

“Environmental engineer.”

That one surprised me.

I nodded my head, “Isn’t your mother an actress or something?”

“A model” she corrected me.

“Do you see her a lot? You don’t talk about her.”

“She’s dead.”

Shit. Smooth Justin, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Great. I sure have a way with words. Maybe this whole getting married thing isn’t going to work out. I’m sitting here with nothing to say so I start talking about her dead mother.

“I have to go to London next Wednesday.”

She nodded her head. I tried to change the subject since she obviously doesn’t want to talk about her mother but she doesn’t seem to want to talk about London either.

“If you want to come you could uh… come. It will be fun. I mean I have to work… obviously but I’ll have some time off.”





He sounds nervous. Why is he nervous? I hate this awkward shit. And I know there’s going to be a lot more of it. Why would he want me to go with him to London?

“You want me to go with you to London?”

“Well I mean if you want to. You don’t have to. But it could be good. We could talk and I mean, it would be good to be seen and everything so they don’t start shit when they find out we’re getting married. I mean we should get out there as soon as possible I guess.”

He said ‘I mean’ and ‘I guess’ way too much. I just really hate how he’s acting so weird.

“I’ll come.”

“Alright. Cool. I’ll get the ticket and everything settled.”

I nodded my head and watched him sitting there uncomfortably. Who would ever think that Justin Timberlake would be in any situation and not be confident?

Awkward. This whole situation is awkward.

“So… what do you have to go to London for?”

“I had some shows awhile back that I had to cancel I was sick,” he nodded his head.

I want him to leave so I can call Izzy. How can I get him to leave? I know he’s just trying to be nice but seriously, he has to want to leave too.

He took a deep breath and looked at me.

I looked back at him.

“You can leave.”

“What? No…”

“I was just going to take a nap. I’m feeling kind of sick.”

“Are you sure? I can get you something.”

He’s kind of annoying. It’s like he’s trying too hard. “Positive. I’m just going to lay down, I’ll be fine.”

“Alright,” he stood up, “I’ll call you tomorrow or something when I find out about London.”

“OK,” I nodded my head, “Thanks Justin. For everything.”




“Yeah, no problem. Later Ray.”

Do I hug her? Kiss her? Shake her hand? I would very much like to rip her clothes off and fuck her. But I can tell when she’s not feeling it. I’m not a complete idiot.

Within the past three weeks I have found out I’m going to be father, I dumped my girlfriend, and found out I’m going to get married. What an eventful few days it has been.

I drove in my driveway and waited a minute before going inside. I walked inside and sat down next to Trace on the couch. “How’d it go man? You’re still alive.”

“That’s always a good sign.” I said as I opened a bottle of beer, “He wants us to get married.”

“Are you fucking kidding me?”

I shook my head; “He thinks it will ruin his image so he thinks we should get married.”

Trace laughed, literally laughed. It’s always good to know your best friend has your back no matter what. “What is he fucking crazy?”

“Apparently.”

“So you’re getting married?”

“Apparently.”

“What does your mother say?”

“She agrees with him”

Trace laughed again, this time he threw his head back to catch his breath from all the laughing, “At least she’s hot.”

“Yeah she’s hot. That’s pretty much all I know about her is that she’s hot.”

“It could be worse. She could be one of those girls that’s only hot after a bunch of beers. Then you’d be stuck with some ugly girl for the rest of your life.”

I took a deep breath and shook my head; “You’ve got a way with words man.”

He laughed, “We’ve entered the fucking twilight zone.”




“You sounded pissed on the phone so I stopped to get you lots of carbs,” Izzy said as she unpacked a brown back with roasted potatoes and chicken.

“Thank you,” I said as I grabbed a potato.

“What happened at the meeting?”

“Daddy thinks that we should get married so we don’t ruin his image.”

She looked at me for a second unable to respond, “You’re getting married.”

I nodded my head.

“That’s good Rayne, it’s good,” she is always trying to find the best of the situation, “He’s nice, he’s a good guy and he’s cute.”

“Yeah he’s cute, so I’ll marry him” I answered sarcastically.

“It’ll be good to have him around, especially for the baby. It’ll be fun I’ll help you plan it. You’re going to look so beautiful in a wedding dress.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story