Mariah’s POV

I awoke with a loud crash. I gasped and got out of bed. It was nearly dusk when I ran down the hallway to the living room. I covered my mouth at the site. Josh & Jake were tossing punches left and right and I could do was just stare wide eyes. The two men I cared about, beating the shit out of each other. I had to do something. Say something.

"Jake no! Stop it." I came in between Jake and tried to push him but of course, being a guy, he shoved me to the floor and my back hit the wall with a loud noise that followed.

I heard glass break, things fall with a thump on the floor all around me as I lay there semi-conscious. Why was Jake doing this? I couldn't figure it out. Why now? I lifted my head as I watched the fight ensue on. It was like my legs were held together and I couldn't get up. It looked like Josh was winning, I wasn't sure.

I groaned as I forced myself up. My head felt dizzy and all the sounds in me got quiet now. I knew I wasn't dead but the world around me sure felt like it. I was barely watching Jake and Josh try to kill each other and it was scarier than anything else. It was like watching a horror movie unfold before me. And I couldn't stop it. It seemed to real to be a nightmare. I hoped it was. But this was too fucking real.

"Please don't." My eyes dazed though fogginess.

I screamed out loud when I saw Jake the fire poker and hold it back to take a hit. Again, even than, I couldn't get up. My muscles were paralyzed and it was too late. One blow to the head, followed by another to the temple. The sign of blood signified something so dark. Josh was out cold. My world collapsed. Was I really here or is this, no! I was, I couldn't believe this. My life, a piece of my, a big piece was dead.

I wanted to die. I know it now. Nothing mattered anymore. That's when I struggled to get up and I ran straight for Jake. I ran so fast I barely felt the poker stab through my chest. I was numb to everything. It was too late. I could feel my body draining and my heart getting cold. I suddenly felt mounds of sweat pouring all over me. It just appeared out of thin air. I couldn't breathe.

When I fell, it wasn't over. It was just beginning.

My eyes sprung open and I jumped up covering my face. No? It was too real. I looked to the side of me and things were different. I felt my body just to make sure if this was not another terror. I felt him take my arm and held onto me with a surge. It was seeing a ghost. Only neither us were the spirits. But just a second ago, too real to confront. I wasn't ready.

I was balling now. Just breaking down my fears and thoughts. I knew it. Now I knew something bad will happen and neither of us will escape alive. This was more than a premonition. This was going to just happen without much warning. Does he know something I don't?

"Did something happen before? I feel like there's something you're not telling me. Please don't say there's nothing." I had to pull away to look and see if he was telling me the truth.

I was trying to trust him. He placed forehead against mine. Than he looked with almost piercing eyes, like a vampire. It was chilling me. "They know. I don't know what's going to happen but they know. I need time to think of something."

I shook my head, not believe what I was hearing, "They know? They saw us? But how? Oh my god, this is not happening."

"It is. Jake saw me when we were leaving. That was why I was manic on the road. But I got this call from Jake and it freaked me out. It was like he was warning me of something really bad. He said to bring you back. I'm not taking you back there."

I can't go back there. I know I can't. "What did you say back?"

"I just told him off. I said you were an adult and you're not going back there. I'm sick of them treating you like a slave."

I sniffed back and wiped at my eyes, "For most of my life, that's what I was. I couldn't do anything because I was young and everyone in the neighborhood liked them. If I had, than I would get it later."

He nodded gently, "They hit you?"

"After a while, it becomes part of your day. They were building that line for me until I cracked finally. That's why I was there. You know, the hospital. When I was brought there by accident, I was so upset that I was going to be saved. But I wasn't saved by the hospital. I didn't know what it was, and than I saw you. It didn't make sense then, but it does now."

He cupped my face and pulled me in for a kiss. "Maybe we could just go somewhere, you know, before they find you here."

"You would do that for me? Just leave your life and go? Are you sure about this?"

He nodded, "They'll put us both away if we're caught. You gave me so many reasons to live I don't care what I have to do to keep you in my life. Whatever it takes. I love you, Mariah. I would do anything for you."

So much inside me fluttered around as my soul was lifted. I covered his mouth with mine, not leaving a spot untouched. I rolled over on top of him, feeling how hard he was under me. I wanted this. I needed him. The perfect time is now.

I sat up and lifted my shirt revealing my nakedness underneath. Out of nowhere, he flipped me over so he was on top. I wondered why he did this.

"What--" He covered my mouth with his lips.

He pulled back and dropped down to my ear, "Let me handle everything."

I shivered and he caught me. More than caught me, I was tangled in this desire that radiated off of his body. I wanted this man. It was too long since we made love. Too long and forever. I let out a sigh and relaxed under his hold.

I sucked in my bottom lip as he took off my panties, like a lover. I was engulfed into this passion, it was too much. Everything around me was moving so slow.

The wait was slowing as his strong finger penetrated my folds. I missed those hands. And when he pumped it in and out of me, I was practically gripping the sheets. I turned my head side to side and was growing out of control. And he barely did anything yet.

"Josh, ahh, please go, ah, deep. Yeah, like that."

"Like that? I'm just getting started. Let me know how you like it?"

I smiled, "I like everything you do."

This was about trust. If I could trust him in bed, than its limitless. I knew I could trust him completely. I had to test him. I had no one else that I could.

He disappeared under the sheet a little lower than I expected. I felt even more heat as warm air and a tongue brushed me. That was it. I was gone.



Josh's POV

My tongue and mouth was doing everything. She was so hot it almost burned my mouth. I placed two fingers to spread her apart so I could get more of her. It was all about her. She was shaking but I held her hips down. That were bucking as my tongue penetrated her insides.

I sucked in her juices and took in everything she gave. I could feel her walls clenching, its imminent.

"Josh, I'm there. Oh god! Ahh." She came hard and I cleaned her out.

She tasted sweet. Like candy. I licked my lips and went up through the sheets to kiss her. But this wasn't just any kiss. I knew what she wanted. She tasted herself as I thrust my tongue and swirled it around in my mouth. This was it. It was this simple.

"Mhmm, Josh. No one ever did that for me before.”

She gathered the sheets up and covered herself. She had to take a moment to maybe collect herself.

"Well, I'm glad I was your first for something."

She giggled and I followed after.

She turned onto her side, her brown eyes staring away than planted themselves on me. “I wanna move away, like as soon as possible. I don't wanna worry that something will happen."

I sighed, sort of frustrated that I knew I could magically take all the shit away. As long as we're still here, she'll keep worrying. I have to come up with something. But I couldn't just up and leave my work. I haven't done anything since I met her. My last project was completely last month and I was behind on all these deadlines.

But I couldn't leave her. I was torn again. My life for hers? There has to be something.

"Josh? Are you OK?"

No, I was mentally dying and there was nothing to pull me up. I rubbed at my face, wiping at the access sweat left there, "I don't know."

Of all the times I could lie and I really couldn't. The truth was, it was difficult to lie now. With all the lying going on, I couldn't stomach another one. 

I felt the bed shift as she got started dressing. I knew I was being an ass but I didn't want her to just leave me.

"What are you doing?"

She didn't stop to look at me, she continued on, "Relax, I'm just dressing. Where else am I going to go?"

Shit, that tone. I hated that I caused that. Just as she finished she left the room which prompted me to get up and see what was going on.

She sat on the couch with a huff, took the wine glass in one hand, and downed the rest of the blood red liquid. She placed the glass down and shook her face like she was hallucinating. I wasn't sure exactly.

I just stood there as she bit at her nails, god knows what she's thinking. She looked as if she wanted to just scream at me but was doing a hell of a job holding it in.

"Mariah, what? What is it? Just say it, ask it? I don't give a shit anymore."

Her hand was shaking in her mouth and she took it out fast. She gulped and stood up pacing. I stopped the moving and made her face me.

"What? This is scaring me now. Say it."

She pushed me back making me stumble a little bit but I regained the balance. What was scaring me was her eyes. They held everything all at once.

"I can't do this. I'm not going to do this to you."

"Do what? Mariah, what is it?"

She was crying, but it was soft, just like a child, "He's going to kill you. I know it. I can't let that happen. I can see it. If something happened to you, I-I couldn't go. Josh I can't do this with you."

I took her hands in mine and gripped them like they were my own, "Who's going to kill me? Can’t do what? I love you, and I’m willing to show you everyday how I feel.”

"Don't you see what's been going on? It doesn't work like this. We have to pay a price for cheating death. We have to die. And he's going to kill us. It's too late already."

I stepped back. It was like a blow to the head. I can't help back think I've been through this before. "Why do we have to die?"

It was like she was realizing it herself as I was trying to piece this together, "Because you saved us."

She ran up suddenly, embracing me, as she kissed with such a passion and urgency, almost like she was saying goodbye. She pulled away to my dismay.

"I have to do this..." And that was when she ran out the door.

I realized this for a second and sped up but it was like she flew down before me. When she reached the ground I called out to her, but it was too late. The bullets had gotten to her before anything else to could stop this.

"NO!" I screamed and ran with a full speed outside.

It was just like I was flying on thin air too. I couldn't think of anything else. She was shot in the head and chest. She was already dead when I got there. I picked her up in my arms and was drenched in her blood. It was me, a part of me. It was ME who was died. I was screaming at nothing.

Here I was, on the floor, crying everything I had out, and everything was taken away just like that. And than--

Two shots fired once more. But in me. I stilled but managed to turn around behind me.

"I knew it was you."

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc