Mariah sat up a little, slowly regaining movements that she'd misplaced in the week. She felt so...alive suddenly. Like someone breathed in what was missing. Not just life... something else. Inexplicable. She was barely paying any attention to her talkative father. The one who did this to her. Along with the witch who gave birth to her boasting with the nurse for her sudden arrival. Seeing her so happy was sickening. Where the FUCK was that happiness before when she wasn't covered with deathrow? They both had the nerve to come and care for her. They might as well let her die. She wanted to die so bad. She had no life left. Clutched with the avid animosity she felt in her veins she had also felt saved in some way. Even though her heart was set on ending this life, she felt like she was given a will. It was a face. She couldn't see who it was, but something or was it someone told her to live. It felt amazing to hear those words and the voice who said them. That voice will stay with her forever.

She shook her head and lied back down. "I want to rest for a while. Can you leave please?" They did help bring her into this world, it was least she could do.

Peter nodded, "Alright. We'll be right outside if you need us. Bye sweetie," he kissed her forehead and so did Darla as they closed the door.

Mariah suddenly really had to pee. Only her luck would have it that the bathroom in her room is locked. "Dammit! I really have to go!" she got up and took the oxygen plug from her nose and the rest of the plugs from her body as she barely got up.

She made her way slowly to visible wheel chair and pushed herself out of her room. She wheeled downward, it was hard but she had to do it. Than, she heard something. No, wasn't the nurses. It wasn't the doctors. And she heard the number 16.

"What the fuck? This isn't Field Of Dreams and I ain't schizo." she finally reached the unisex restroom to the right and wheeled toward it.

She came out feeling a million times better. She was finding the pushing of the wheelchair much easier now. All of a sudden, it ended. Ended?! Wait, she didn't stop it. Hold up. She turned her head and read the number 16 on the door. This is weird. Why did it stop here? She felt compelled to this room. The door was left a smidge open so she looked around and entered slowly.

She neared the bed and stared at the person laying on it. She shook her head slightly. "Who are you?"

The person looked a bit older than her. Say 22 or 25. He looked tired. Dried. Drained. So lost and blue. It was the color of his lips. His face had lost color. His filled out pout, a lavender pinkish shade. He was breathing slowly, calmly. It almost scared Mariah. She wasn't sure what to think. For some reason, she had will to live. It wasn't her will, it was another's. What did this person have to do with that?

On a finger, there was a ring. A ring given to her by her best friend years ago who had passed away. A voice, so placid said, take it off. And she did. Her now movements were controlled by some spirit lurking somewhere. She took his hand and placed her green jeweled ring in his palm, closing it so gracefully.

She licked her lips still holding his hand, wondering why she was doing any of this. This wasn't her. Human contact was out of the question until Jessica left her alone. Her face suddenly twitched as she moved over his face.

"Whoever you are, you must be someone amazing. I hope you can hear me. I hope you wake up too," she smiled a little as she kissed his cheek.

Over and over this other voice is saying, why are you doing this? Why are you kissing strangers? The other would just say, sometimes life can't be about you. Maybe there's an angel in all of us if we try to see that. Maybe it can happen.

She felt abrupt movement from the hand. Her eyes stared down as she removed her hand and wheeled out of there as fast as she could but not without hearing, "Who are you?"

She left quickly before he had a chance to say anymore. Man, his voice freaked her out even more. He couldn't be. Not the same one.

"Why did I give him my ring? Whoever he is, he has it now." she whispered.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc