Mariah waited until the doctors came back to sign out. Darla and Peter were in her surgeon's office discussing her status. She just wanted to get out of there. She finally could walk now and she was happy as ever to get that back. She glanced at her finger and noticed her ring was gone. Still gone. Whoever he was, he had it. She couldn't breathe without that ring. She promised to never take it off, but she did to a total stranger. Yet... was he? His face looked awfully uncanny, like the one in her dream. The man that saved her. She felt with all her heart he was in some way part of it.

She needed to go to the bathroom badly now. She stood up and nearly ran to the bathroom. After she finished and washed her hands she walked to her room. Right next to her's was #16. The door was halfway open and she looked around if anyone was watching. She placed her hand on the handle...

"What are you doing?" she heard a stern voice behind her and froze.

She gulped and turned around to see a women, mid-40s with red-brown short hair, "Uh, I'm-I'm sorry, I'll go."

The woman came in her path, "Wait a sec, are you here to see Josh?"

"Huh?" she raised an eyebrow.

"My son? Joshua, listen I know him better than this. I can't believe he would do this. He's such a good person. I mean, anyway... what's your name sweetie?"

"Mariah," she said softly.

"Would you like to see him? He needs people around him in these times."

"Um, yeah I-I guess," she followed the woman to the door as she opened it all the way.

Mariah looked at the bed which a held the same sleeping body. He was looking much better than last time. Color returned to his lips and the lines around his face had softened. But he still looked ill. Mariah was cautious.

The woman came over to her reposed son and gently touched on his shoulder. He slowly opened his blue orbs and lazily smiled at his mother. Mariah figured this was as good a time as any to bolt and do it now. She gulped silently and turned her body back toward the door. Her hand on the handle she was almost there.

"Mariah, sweetie, come here," she heard before anything happen.

She was stuck. Damn her brain working so slowly. She shut her eyes in tenseness and slowly turned around. She met the man's eyes and couldn't move. His eyes were imperious it seemed. She felt her hand being led over to the man. His eyes never blinking once. Hers haven't moved under his Dracula-like trance.

He suddenly licked his lips and cleared his throat with a blink, "You..."

She swallowed in a strangled manner. "Um..."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc