Author's Chapter Notes:
ok we're prob gonna get loads of shit for this but it's finally here!! Yay!! sorry about the delay we just had so much, well I did... i got sick and had loads of essays due this month... I'm very grateful to megan for putting up with my sorry ass... so for a treat we have two parts of this long chapter for ya!! here is part one enjoy!!!
Chapter 11.

Justin.


"I'm really nervous," I told Jen a week later as we were getting Sara ready for her doctor's appointment. This was my first doctor's appointment with Sara and I was as nervous as a bunny on crystal meth.

"What is there to be nervous about?" Jen asked me as I put on Sara's hat and I looked at Jen.

"He's probably going to tell social services that were not taking good care of her," I answered and Jen laughed at me as she put Sara's diaper bag together. I just stared at her and wondered if she was for real.

"Dr Troy is very kind and he would never do something like that," Jen answered putting her cap on and I rolled my eyes. I sighed and placed Sara in her carrier before hading out the door.

"Lets go," I said walking down the stairs to the garage. We reached the car and I opened the door for Jen before walking to the back seat and strapping Sara in and getting in myself. The ride was quiet except for the radio until we pulled up in front of the building and drove through the side to the back way. I placed the car in park and stepped out, then I jogged over to Jen's side and opened her door before taking Sara out of the car before leading us through the hall to the front desk.

"Good afternoon how may I help you?" The perky receptionist asked us as we walked up and I placed Sara's carrier on top of the desk briefly.

"Yes, my daughter has an appointment with Dr. Troy?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. The lady nodded and checked her computer.

"Sara Jones 1:30?" she asked.

"That's her," I smiled as she nodded and handed me some forms.

"You can fill out these forms and have a seat in our waiting area," she told us. I nodded and took the forms from her.

"Thank you," we both said in unison and I picked Sara back up and walked over to the waiting area. I handed Jen the forms to fill out as she looked at me.

"You feeling ok?" she asked as she filled out the forms.

"Yeah why?" I asked scratching my head, wondering why for the past week she had kept on asking me that.

"You were tossing and turning all night. You want to talk about it?" she asked and I shook my head. I had been trying to figure out a way to tell Jen for ages now but every scenario I played out in my head just was shit.

"I'm just still on Australia time," I lied and Jen nodded.

"Sara Jones!?" One of the nurses asked, causing us to both look up. We stood up and walked towards the nurse. "Right this way." The nurse lead us through the halls to a room with mint green wall paper that was covered with animals. "Dr. Troy will be with you in a moment," She informed us and left, closing the door behind her.

As soon as we were alone, Jen sat in the chair next to the exam table and I put Sara on the floor as I sat in the chair across from her, just as Sara decided to wake up and make a racket.

"Is that Ms Jones wailing like that?" A tall man asked as he walked in.

"Yes it is. She just woke up from her nap," Jen said as I tried to calm Sara down by picking her up and rocking her gently in my arms.

"You must be daddy, it's nice to meet you," the man said holding out his hand for me. "I'm Dr Troy."

"Same here," I smiled shaking his hand with the one free hand of mine that I had.

"Shall we get started? I can take her," Dr. Troy offered and held out his arms for Sara. I passed my daughter to him and watched as she laid her on the bed before stripping off her clothes, causing Sara to squeal loudly. Jen reached over to touch her hand to give some comfort. Dr. Troy measured and weighed her and then checked her belly button to see if her cord fell off easily. "There is no need for a shot this time. She had her hepatitis shot at the last check up. I did notice her diaper rash on her thighs? Just use cotton balls and dab the area with warm water and use a barrier ointment that I will prescribe."

"Ok," Jen nodded as I was secretly freaking out with the whole thing. She was acting so calm and I was waiting for the moment for the guy to pick up the phone and call social services.

"How are you bonding with her?" Dr. Troy asked putting Sara's pants back on.

"I sit and hold her all day and sing to her," Jen said taking Sara from him.

"What about you daddy?" the doctor asked, turning to me.

"Oh, well. I talk to her like a regular person and I hold her and sing to her," I said hoping this was the right answer and smiling at Sara for good effect.

"Jen I suggest that you use your breast as a pacifier. Some adoptive mothers feel that connection with their baby," Dr. Troy suggested. "Well I think that's it. We'll see you next month."

I let out a sigh of relief and thanked the doc, before quickly getting Jen and Sara ready to leave before rushing them out of the building and back to the car.

We got to the car and Jen mumbled something to me as I opened the door for her and let her get in before putting Sara in the back seat and getting in myself. I started the car before Jen spoke again, this time I heard her.

"Justin did you hear what I said?" she asked.

"What? No," I confessed as we pulled out of the parking lot and headed out onto the main road. Jen sighed in frustration and leaned back in her seat.

"Justin I don't like it when you don't talk to me if something is bothering you," she told me, I just shrugged and didn't bother telling her what was really bugging me. These past few days weren't my best. We got home and I took Sara out of the car before heading inside.

"I'm going to put her down," I told Jen walking through the garage door.

"Justin, please," she said knowing I probably wanted to talk but couldn't.

"Jen it's nothing," I snapped at her and shook my head before walking up the stairs, "I wish you wouldn't keep asking me."


I went upstairs and panicked. As soon as I put Sara down to sleep I leaned against the door of the bathroom and took in huge breaths. I had been trying to avoid a lot of things this week, one of which was the whole Hanna situation, but Jen was constantly asking how I was and if I wanted to talk, so it didn't help. I really hope she hadn't found out, but I wouldn't be that surprised if she did seeing as what a big mouth Trace had gained these days.

I heard the front door vaguely open and close and I shut my eyes before opening them again and walking over to the crib where Sara lay. I placed a hand on her chest as I pulled her blanket up.

"Sorry munchkin," I whispered and adjusted the blanket around her little feet. "Daddy's really sorry." She didn't move, just lay there sleeping and I sighed.

I stepped away from the crib and moved to the bed, I needed a nice long nap. I lay down on the bed, and closed my eyes before drifting off and waking up an hour or so later to someone shaking me awake.

"J?" I opened my eyes slowly and saw Trace standing above me, he held Sara with one arm and was shaking me with the other.

"Huh?" I asked confused as to what he was doing there. He chuckled and stood up.

"Jen asked me to come up here and let you know dinner's ready," he said and patted Sara's bed. "Also the monster here needs to be fed."

"What? What time is it?" I asked sitting up and rubbing my head, "And what are you doing here? Aren't you going out on that date of yours?"

"It's seven o'clock," Trace replied and readjusted Sara in his arms, "And yes we were going out for dinner but then Kia suggested we come here instead. So here we are."

"Great," I grumbled and swung my legs over the side of the bed before standing up and reaching for Sara. " Hey munchkin. You hungry?" Sara squealed with delight as Trace handed her to me and I laid her on my shoulder. "I guess so. Shall we?"

"Yeah the girls are waiting down stairs for us," Trace replied and led the way out of the room, I followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Well if it isn't Mister sleepy head," Jen said with a smile as we walked in and walked over to her. "Have a nice nap?"

"Definitely," I grinned, that nap had definitely done a lot of good to me. "So what's for dinner?"

"Steak, broccoli and baked potatoes," Jen replied and took Sara from me, "Why don't you guys start while I feed Sara? I'll join you in a bit."

"Ok," I nodded and passed Sara to her before kissing Jen on the lips and taking a seat at the table where Trace had parked his ass and Kia was sitting with a glass of wine and serving out the food. "So Kia enjoying my food?"

"Justin!" Jen warned from the side and I looked at her.

"What?"

"You know what!" Jen replied as she patted Sara's back as she gave her a bottle, "Just ignore him Kia. He's just grumpy, he's been like that since we got back."

"I'm not surprised," Kia replied and glared at me, I shook my head and grabbed a beer from the center of the table.

"I'm not grumpy," I grumbled and took a swig of beer as Trace laughed at my comment.


"So man how come you've been so grumpy?" Trace asked me an hour or so later as we were sitting on the couch relaxing as the girls cleaned up the kitchen.

"I'm not," I lied and shifted in my seat, rubbing my hands together.

"Has Hanna contacted you since Aussie?" Trace asked concerned and I groaned. I had told him about Hanna and now I wished I hadn't.

"No thank God," I replied, and Trace frowned.

"Then what is it?" Trace asked, "And don't give me that crap that it's nothing cause I know you better than that."

"Fine," I mumbled and leaned back against the couch, rubbing my forehead. "I met up with Jess while over there."

"You what?" Trace asked, his voice raised slightly and I glared at him. "I hope you didn't do anything stupid. Did you?" I sighed and sat in silence for a while, wondering how to frame the answer before he spoke. "Shit J, don't tell me...."

"Tell you what T?" I asked him and looked at him, "Don't go making assumptions alright?"

"Then what am I supposed to do?" he questioned back, "I ask you if you did anything with your ex and you don't give me a straight answer. So what am I supposed to assume? That you just talked? Yeah right!"

"Well... Okay so we didn't just talk but nothing happened either," I responded and Trace snorted. "I'm serious man, nothing happened. She was filming a movie and heard I was in town and wanted to see how I was doing after the accident."

"So you let her? After what she said about you and Jen?" Trace asked unbelievingly.

"Well yeah. I mean we had a lot to talk about," I replied realizing how much more relieved I felt by talking about it. I had kept this a secret for a long time.

"You didn't have anything to talk about J," Trace returned, "You should have just told her to hit the highway."

"Well I didn't alright? And now I feel like a tool because of it," I grumbled and shook my head, "She came over to the hotel, we had a few drinks and things got a bit heated but I stopped it before it went too far."

"What do you mean things got heated?" Trace wanted to know, leaning forward and looking at me.

"I mean," I began and took a deep breath in but before I could continue Kia walked into the room and over to Trace.

"Trace can you come help me with some thing in the kitchen? Jen's just putting Sara to bed and I said we'd help finish the dishes," Kia said totally ignoring my presence as she walked in. Trace looked at me and I looked at him, silently begging him not to tell her what I'd just said.

"Yeah sure," he nodded and looked at me, "Uh, I'll be back in a bit and we can finish this convo then ok?"

"Ok," I nodded and licked my lips nervously as Trace stood up and followed Kia out the room. I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping and praying that Trace wouldn't tell Kia anything because I knew that if he did she would automatically tell Jen without knowing all the facts first.


"Justin!" I snapped my eyes open at the sound of my name being called and widen them as I saw Kia storming into the room, looking very much enraged.

"What?" I asked her, standing up and wiping my hands on my jeans. She stormed up to me and before I knew it her hand had connected with my face, causing it to sting. "What the fuck was that for?"

"You know very well what that was for," she hissed as Trace rushed in to the room and grabbed her from behind. "I knew you were good for nothing."

"Kia please," Trace hissed, "I thought we talked about this."

"Talked about what? Trace what is...." I began but stopped as soon as I saw his face and Kia's scowl. "Shit. Look Kia I can explain...."

"You don't have to." We all turned and looked towards the door. Jen was standing by the door, her arms crossed over her chest and she looked pretty angry. "I think Justin and I need to talk."

"Yeah," Trace agreed and grabbed Kia's arm, "We'll see you guys later. Come on Ki, they need to talk."

"But..." Kia began but Trace shook his head.

"No Ki. They NEED to talk. Let's go!" He snapped and dragged her out the room and past Jen, throwing her a small smile as they left. Once they were gone Jen walked further into the room and shook her head.

"Jen look I know what you're thinking..." I began and she looked at me, uncrossed her arms from her chest and as she did so I noticed she was holding something in her hands.

"Do you?" she asked and held up the object in her hand. "I don't think you do."

"Jen let me explain," I began and again she cut me off.

"Do you remember these? I found them under your bed in your Hotel room. Who have you been laying down with Justin?" she asked and I just kept quiet. "SAY SOMETHING!!"

"It was a mistake," I replied looking up and into her eyes.

"You promised me," she whispered, with tears in her voice. "You promised that you wouldn't hurt us."

"I was missing you and Sara I had to many drinks," I tried to explain. "But I stopped it before it went too far."

"You're a coward," she said taking a few steps back. "You would have had more sympathy from me if you just told me. I gave you opportunity after opportunity to say something but you didn't. Did you honestly think you could keep this from me?"

"I never meant to hurt you or Sara," I said to her, reaching out to her.

"I'm tired, I am so tired," I said turning away from me and walking out of the room. I quickly followed her.

"Wait Jen! Where are you going?" I asked following her.

"You're not in the position to ask me anything," she replied as I walked in behind her to see her pick up the phone and dial a number. "Mike? Yeah I'm ready."

"Ready for what?" I asked as she hung up the phone and pushed past me, making her way through the house and up the stairs to the bedroom.

"I'm leaving you Justin," she stated as we walked into the bedroom and I reached forwards to grab her arm. I looked around and saw she was serious, beside the bed were two ready packed bags. Hers and Sara's.

"Leaving? But what about..." I began but Jen shook her head.

"The contract?" she answered, and shook herself free as I loosened my grip on her arm. "Don't worry about that. I will be back in a couple of days."

"So that's it?" I asked her and she nodded. "You're just going to walk away and not let me explain?"

"What is there to explain Justin? You've made your decision quite clear on what you want," She replied picking up Sara from her crib and grabbing her bag with her free hand as the door bell rang. She started walking out the room down stairs, I ran after her and managed to jog past her to the door, swinging it open only to see Mike.

"You're not taking them away from me," I told him, blocking his way.

"Justin we don't need any confrontation," Mike said trying to get past.

"Well I'm not moving," I confirmed and placed my hand on the door frame.

"Justin. Please," Jen pleaded from behind me, causing me to look over my shoulder. I saw the look on her face and sighed, stepping aside to let Mike pass.

"Fine. But can't I at least say goodbye to my family?" I asked looking at Mike. Mike nodded and grabbed Jen's bags from her.

"I'll be by the car," her said to Jen before walking away. I turned to Jen and pulled the blanket from Sara's face kissing her forehead.

"Bye Munchkin. Daddy loves you," I told her and looked at Jen. "I will fight for you."

"I know," she whispered sadly and turned away from me before I could kiss her and walked to the car to meet Mike.


As soon as Jen left and I could no longer hear the tyres on the gravel I leant against the door and sunk to the floor. Yup my life was crap. I couldn't believe t, all those weeks of trying to figure out how to tell Jen about the night when Jess turned up at my hotel and tried to get it on with me just went to waste. Thanks to Trace and his big mouth. That and my carelessness.

Jess had been very persistent that night she had decided to come plonk herself on me, and I had tried to make her leave. But in my drunken state I don't think it had done much good, until she began taking off those panties. Then I knew it was time for her to go. At first I told her nicely, but she didn't respond to that much. She just kept on pushing and pushing. Finally I had to physically get up and drag her out the door. I didn't even notice the present she left behind for Jen to find.

And I never got to even explain that to Jen. I didn't get to tell her the whole truth because Kia wouldn't let me and she wouldn't listen. Women were so hard to get sometimes, and they were the bane of my existence right then.

I didn't know what to do, I knew I needed to call Johnny and let him know what had happened, but I wasn't in the mood. That and I was scared shitless of what might happen if I did. I took in a few deep breaths and closed my eyes, leaning my head back in the door and trying not to loose it. But it wasn't really working, And that ringing wasn't helping either.

I opened my eyes and stood up slowly, stumbling a bit as I did so as I walked through the house to grab the phone that was ringing constantly. I stumbled into the kitchen and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked as I sat down on the nearest chair, my knees were still weak.

"Kid?" I groaned inwardly as I heard Johnny's voice and wondered if I could just hang up.

"Hey Johnny," I answered glumly and leaned against the back of the chair. "What's up?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Johnny replied causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I wanted to know, had Trace opened his big mouth again??

"Nothing. You just sound a bit down that's all," Johnny replied and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Me down?" I lied with a laugh and shook my head, "No I'm fine."

"Really?" Johnny asked and I nodded.

"Yes really," I lied again and tapped finger on the edge of the table that held the phone consol.

"Are you sure?" Johnny asked again, "Because I just got a call from Trace and he told me...."

I hung up. I knew I was going to get reamed out for it later on but I really didn't want to hear what Johnny had to say. I didn't want him to pretend that he cared and I certainly didn't want to hear him tell me what I told Trace.

I unplugged the phone and stood up, walking through the house and into the den. I entered the den and walked over to the liquor cabinet that was in one corner of the room and opened it. I needed a drink, something strong that would help me relax so I could just sleep the whole night. I scanned all the bottles and finally settled on a dark brown bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey. I pulled it out of the cabinet and unscrewed the top, glancing around for a glass.

Screw it, I thought after a moment and brought the bottle to my lips, taking one huge big sip before I made my way out of the room and up to bed.


The ringing in my ears hadn't stopped for the past two minutes, and as I groaned and rolled over I opened my eyes to check what time it was. The clock read two pm, and the red numbers blinked wildly at me as the phone rang noisily.

"Hello?" I asked grumpily with my eyes half closed.

"Don't hello me." It was Johnny. I groaned and slowly sat up. "I've been trying to call you for the past twenty four hours. Where the hell have you been?"

"I've..." I began and tried to weasel my way out of this one. I wondered if he knew about Jen and I. "I've been busy."

"Really?" Johnny asked with sarcasm dripping off his lips. "Well I hope you've been busy trying to get Jen to come home."

"What?" I asked him, he'd definitely heard and I wouldn't be surprised if the snitch had been my dear old friend Trace.

"Don't act stupid Justin," Johnny's voice was stern. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"How did you find out?" I asked although I knew the answer.

"I called Trace after you hung up on me and I couldn't get a hold of you," Johnny replied, "What the hell happened Justin?"

"I don't know," I lied and leaned back against the bed. "She just left."

"Really?" Johnny asked again with a angry laugh. "Well you better come up with a better excuse than that. Now get up. Plug the phone back in and get dressed. I'll be there in an hour for a meeting."


I got out of bed and stumbled around, cleaning up and getting ready. It was about three pm by the time I looked presentable and was sitting down with Johnny at the table waiting for Jen to turn up with Marcus so we could have this 'meeting'.

"Honestly Justin..." Johnny was muttering to me and I rolled my eyes, still nursing my huge headache from before. "I've warned you about this over and over...."

"I know," I grumbled and sighed heavily, causing Johnny to glare in my direction but not say anything as we heard the front door open and footsteps walking through the house as Marcus appeared in the doorway with Jen right behind him.

"Afternoon Marcus. Jen," Johnny greeted them and Jen smiled with a nod.

"I need to change her diaper," Jen said looking at Marcus, not looking at me at all and I felt a knot form in my stomach. Mike came up behind Jen and gave her Sara's diaper bag and she took it before walking into the den.

"So I guess she hasn't cooled off yet," I commented and Johnny glared at me.

"Of course not!" he hissed and shook his head at me, "And I don't blame her. Now get off your ass and go see if you can't talk to her. If not we'll have to come up with something else pretty quick."

"Fine," I mumbled and slowly stood up, offering Marcus and Mike half a smile as I did so, both men just rolled their eyes at me before falling into a hushed conversation with Johnny. I sighed and followed Jen's trail into the den where I saw her sitting on the couch changing Sara.

"My goodness it gets worse every time," she laughed as she pulled off Sara's diaper. I smiled and moved to sit next to her, leaning in and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I missed you," I whispered in her ear. She remained silent and I sighed, getting up and sitting on the other side of Sara, playing with her fingers."Johnny called and asked to have a meeting today. Trace must have said something to him." I kissed the back of Sara's hand.

Jen put Sara's pants back on and laid her on her shoulder before getting up and leaving the room, I sighed and leaned back on the couch. This was getting hard but I knew I had to pull through it. I got up and straightened myself out, before walking back to where Johnny and Marcus were.

"Now that everyone is here we need to talk about the last three days," Johnny said looking over at me with a warning glare and I rolled my eyes. "Justin told me what happened and I am very disappointed. I honestly don't blame you Jennifer for leaving...So it's up to you, would you like to continue or call it quits?"

"It's not like I have a choice, I'm going to loose Sara," Jen snapped angrily, patting Sara's back as I walked around the table and sat down.

"No you won't, only Justin will lose Sara," Johnny explained calmly and we both looked at him. WHAT?? How come no one told me this?

"What?" Jen asked glaring at me, causing me to sink in my seat a bit, "Justin you told me that if we break the contract I would lose Sara as well. Or did you lie about that too?"

"At the time I didn't know everything..." I began but Jen cut me off.

"Well if there's a next time, get your facts straight," she snapped angrily.

"Fine," I grumbled and rolled my eyes. I heard Johnny grunt from beside me and I turned to look at him. "What?"

"Jen's right Justin," Johnny began and opened up a folder that was before him, "You should have asked for the full details when I explained this to you..."

"The full details?" I asked angrily and shook my head, "You should have given me the full details, I shouldn't have needed to ask."

"Alright," Marcus boomed and glared at everyone to make us quieten down. "Let's go over the contract one more time so we're all clear okay? Then Jen can make what ever decision she needs to that would be best for her and Sara."

"Don't I get a say in all this?" I asked and Jen glared at me.

"I think you've said enough," she snapped and Marcus rolled his eyes.

"You two please," he sighed and glanced at Johnny, "Johnny do you have the document with you?"

"Yeah, it's right here in the folder," Johnny replied pulling out a leaf of papers and flicking through them.

"Okay," Marcus nodded and took a sip of water from the glass Kia handed him. "So to start off maybe we should cover the basics? Johnny would you please?"

"Okay," Johnny stated and looked at me, "As you guys know that once Sara was born we had to draw up a new contract and the old one became void..."

"Wait," Jen began and held up her free hand, "How come neither Justin or I saw this new contract?"

"Because it was right after the accident," Marcus explained softly, "And it wasn't much different, it just factored Sara into the equation so that if anything happened she would be safe guarded. The contract is not much different from the one you both signed at the beginning of the marriage. It now just states that if the contract were to be broken in anyway Jen gets to keep Sara and Justin needs to stay at least a hundred feet away from them at all times."

"What?" I asked angrily, that was crazy. I had never heard of anything so insane in all my life. "That's crazy."

"No actually it's not," Johnny put in and I glared at him.

"Oh really?" I snapped, "And how would you know? You're not the one who's being treated like some sort of crazy lunatic that he has to stay a hundred fucking feet away from his family if his wife decides to leave him. I didn't do anything to deserve that!"

"Justin calm down...." Johnny began and I shook my head as I stood up.

"No I won't bloody well calm down!" I almost yelled and saw Jen covering Sara's ears from my rant. "I want to know why...."

"You want to know why?" Marcus asked standing up as well and glaring at me, "Look at yourself Justin. Look how you're reacting. This is why the contract is set up the way it is. Your behavior in the past few weeks....."

"My behavior is what?" I asked him and glared at him steadily, "My behavior is normal okay? I'm just protecting my family."

"Are you sure about that?" Marcus asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"What? Of course I'm sure," I replied.

"Then maybe you should ask Jen that," Marcus answered causing me to look to where Jen was seated only to find her chair empty. I looked around the room and saw her standing by the door, shaking her head at me.

"Jen wait," I called and made a move to follow her as she left the room but I felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Let her go Justin," Johnny's voice said and he looked at Marcus. "You need to calm down and so does everyone else. Go with Trace and play some golf or something. We can talk about this later."

"Fine," I grumbled and rolled my eyes before storming out of the room.


"So what should I do?" I asked Trace as I lined the ball up to the hole and surveyed my shot. "I mean can they really do that?"

"Well..." Trace began and took a swig of water from his water bottle.

"Come on," I muttered and took the shot, the ball landed an inch off center and I shook my head before glancing at Trace. "Tell me the truth."

"What truth J?" Trace asked as I walked over and picked up my ball, "That what you did was wrong and they have every right to protect Sara the way they did?"

"But I'm not a crazy man," I replied and climbed into the cart beside Trace, "Only crazy people get restraining orders put against them."

"Maybe Johnny knows your temper too well?" Trace suggested and I glared at him, "What? Come on J you know you have a short fuse in there and it can prove to be lethal."

"Okay so I have a short attention span..." I began as we pulled up to the next hole and Trace looked at me with a roll of his eyes.

"Not attention span, crazy span," Trace corrected and shut the cart off before stepping out. "J your temper can get you into a lot of shit and you know it."


We came back from the golf course a few hours later, and Trace drove. He had noticed me piling on the drinks after the game and insisted I take a nap while he drove us back to the house. I didn't want to go back, I didn't want to see Jen, but I knew I had to. It was a loosing battle as I stumbled into the house and asked Mike where Jen was.

"She's in the guest bedroom," he began but grabbed my arm, "Justin don't you're too drunk. Go upstairs take a nap and see her when you've sobered up a bit."

"Oh shut up," I grumbled and shrugged him off as I bustled my way through the house. Mike watched me go shaking his head at me and giving Trace a warning glare to call Kia just in case. I fell down the hallway and reached the guest bedroom, opening up the bedroom door and slamming it shut behind me as I did so.

"Kia did you forget something?" Jen's voice asked as she walked into the room and stopped in her tracks. "What are you doing here? Justin you need to leave."

She walked over to the bed where I had managed to plonk myself and moved in front of me. "Did you hear what I said?" I reached out and grabbed her waist, pulling her close and laid my head on her stomach. I had such a huge headache. "Justin Please..." She whispered and ran her fingers through my hair slowly. It felt nice and I began kissing her stomach and nibbling it through the gown.

"I need you...I need you so bad," I whimpered like a little child and she sighed.

"Justin I can't..."

My lips moved up her stomach, in between her breasts, while my hand slipped under her night gown rubbing her thighs. I knew it was partly because of the alcohol but I couldn't help it. I grabbed the back of her knee and pulled it over my lap, she leaned into me to catch her balance as I did the same with the other leg. She sat on my lap and she made me go hard. I began kissing her chest and pulled her closer, grabbing her butt to get better access.

"We shouldn't...be... Mmmm...doing this," she said between moans. My hand slipped under her night gown over her butt and bare back. I kissed behind her ear and I knew she had given in. I smiled slightly and my right hand massaged her breast and kissed her ear, my lips moved to her mouth then I kissed her. "Justin stop." I didn't hear her, I actually thought I was imagining things and continued kissing her neck. "Justin I said stop." I still thought I was going insane and my hand pulled her breast out of her gown and pinched her nipple roughly. "JUSTIN STOP IT!"


I don't really remember what happened after that, but I do know I somehow ended up in bed and had a killer hangover the next morning. Jen didn't talk to me much over the next week and before I knew it Christmas has come and she was going to visit her family.

"So you and Sara'll come down to Memphis once you're done?" I asked her as she packed her bags. She stopped what she was doing and looked at me.

"How many times are you going to ask me that?" she
asked, "You know the answer."

"I was just making sure I wasn't hallucinating," I answered and looked over to Sara, "I mean after what happened I wouldn't be surprised if..."

"Justin stop," she sighed and closed up her bag, "I know what happened ok? I don't think we need to go into it."

"But..." I began and she shook her head, walking over and picking up Sara.

"No buts," she smiled and kissed my forehead, which surprised me because it was the first 'nice' thing she'd done for me in a while."Now Mike should be down stairs in a bit. Are you going to make it to the airport okay?"

"Yeah Tiny'll be here in about an hour to pick me up," I grumbled and she nodded.

"And you have everything packed?"

"Yes," I answered and stood up, "You're beginning to sound like my mother." She smiled and shook her head.

"Well someone has to look out for you," she answered and nodded to the bags, "Can you bring those down?"

"Sure," I nodded and picked the bags up off the bed and followed her out the room to the front door just as the door bell rang. "I guess that's Mike."

"I guess so," she smiled and opened the door. "Hey Mike."

"Hey Jen," Mike smiled and looked over to me, "Justin. Let me take those." I nodded and handed him the bags, before reaching over and taking Sara out of Jen's arms.

"Bye Munchkin," I whispered to her and kissed her nose, "Missing you already. See you in a few days." Jen smiled and shook her head at me.

"Okay we need to go or else we'll miss our flight," Jen said as I handed Sara back to her.

"Fine," I pouted and leaned forward to kiss her, "Bye Jen."

"Bye," she whispered kissing me back before stepping out of the house and leaving for the airport.


I had been sick all since yesterday and I felt like shit. I could have sworn I got that bug from Jon who had conveniently left the house the moment I began sneezing to go see his best friend with Stephen. I leaned my head against the toilet and coughed loudly, before sitting up and trying to get my bearings before flushing the toilet.

"I guess he is up. I'll be down stairs if you need anything," my dad's voice came from the other room and I frowned. I grabbed a few pieces of toilet paper and stood up, blowing my nose as I did so and walked into the room to find Jen staring at me with a smile.

"Hey you," she said and I smiled, walking over to her but she took a step back. "This will be the only time I let you hug me when your sick." She wrapped her arms around my neck and my arms fell around her waist, it felt good to see and feel her near me again. She scratched the hairs on the back of my neck, it was a pretty long hug.

"I missed you," I whispered hoarsely.

"I missed you too," she replied and gave me a frown. "Justin you're warm." She broke the hug looking up at me, I moved away from her and let out a loud cough. She rubbed my back. "Na Huh. You are getting in the bed and you're going to stay there for the rest of the night." She pulled me over to the bed and straightened up the bed. My hands stayed on her waist.

"Are you going to get in it with me?" I asked squeezing her hips.

"No," she said turning to face me. "Now get into the bed." I groaned but got in anyways, realizing I wanted to see Sara.

"I want to see my baby girl," I whined.

"You'll see her in the morning, if you're better," she said walking into the bathroom to get a wash cloth. She walked back into the room a few moments later. "Move over." She sat on the side of the bed and rubbed the cloth over my forehead and arms. She pulled the covers back and lifted my shirt up to my chest when the cloth hit my chest I let out a small hiss, that shit was cold and she was laughing at me!

"What are you smiling about?" I asked with a smirk.

"Nothing," she said as she leaned forward and a diamond cross fell from her neck, I reached up to touch it.

"This is pretty," I said.

"Thank you, it's from J.C. An early Christmas present," she told me and I glared at her. Didn't that boy get it? The woman was married, he needed to lay off!

"You know I don't like it when you play like that," I said after she burst into laughter and I rolled my eyes, playing with her necklace.

"I know," she whispered and then she kissed me. I was shocked, but glad as she stayed up with me for the rest of the night making sure I got the care that I needed, until I fell asleep drugged up on Nyquill.


A few days later I felt a lot better, but it was short lived as I woke up early to feed Sara and Johnny decided to call and come up with a crazy idea.

"Justin?" Johnny's voice asked as I put Sara's bottle into the sink and made my way back to the bedroom.

"Hey Johnny," I grumbled and patted Sara's back, "What's up?"

"Nothing much," Johnny said, "Just calling to check up."

"Really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow as I stopped outside the bedroom door. Jen was inside reading a movie script and I didn't want to disturb her.

"That and I wanted to run something by you," he replied and I sighed. I knew he had something up his sleeve.

"Okay so run it," I answered as Sara gurgled on my chest.

"Well the guys from People called..." Johnny began slowly and I knew exactly where he was taking this before he finished. "And they want to do a photo shoot with Jen and Sara."

"What?" I asked him and shook my head. "Are you serious? No way."

"Listen Justin, I know how you feel about the press but..." Johnny began and I shook my head.

"No Johnny. I don't think it's a good idea," I answered and walked into the room.

"They're offering a good price for the shots. Five million..." Johnny tried again and I growled.

"Listen Johnny, we're not doing it," I repeated. "I don't care how much money is involved Sara is not going to be part of it. You're crazy if you think...."

"If I think what? That this would be good for your career?" Johnny interrupted and I rolled my eyes, I looked over at Jen and put the phone between my ear and shoulder and gave her Sara.

"What's wrong?" she mouthed and I shook my head and walked over to the window continuing the conversation.

"Johnny can we talk about this later?" I asked and
heard Johnny sigh. I didn't really want to talk about this right now.

"Alright. But just think about it ok?" he asked and I rolled my eyes again.

"Yeah I will," I nodded and rubbed the back of my neck. "I'll talk to you later."

"Ok bye Kid. And Merry Christmas," he answered and I nodded.

"Merry Christmas to you too," I said before hanging up and turning to face Jen.

"What's wrong?" she asked rubbing Sara's back.

"People Magazine want a photo shoot of you and Sara they're asking for five million," I said.

"Wow we're worth more than Brad and Angie's baby," she replied laughing, I didn't find it amusing. "Come on Justin, I think we should do it..."

"Why?" I asked her.

"Maybe doing this will take some of the pressure off the paps trying to get a picture," she reasoned and I rolled my eyes.

"Having Sara on the front of a magazine is not going to stop the paps, trust me," I said walking back and forth.

"Justin relax. We have plenty of time to think about this, enjoy the time with your family. This is Sara's first Christmas," Jen said smiling. I smiled back and came over to pick Sara up.

"I heard that Santa has lots of presents for you," I said kissing her nose.


Later in that night, everyone came over and we had a great Christmas dinner. My grandparents came down and grandma made her famous peach cobbler.

"Alight," my dad said taking a sip of his wine and giving everyone a big grin. "Let's turn these light on!"

Everyone cheered loudly and I picked Sara up from in her bassinet,that mamma had given her and held Sara high in the air so she could see the star on top of the tree. I knew she probably wouldn't even remember it but it was the idea that counted.

My dad laughed and turned on the tree, the lights shone brightly through the room and I stole a glance at Jen who smiled at me as I laid Sara on my shoulder and started humming old Christmas carols to her.

"Sound like you need to be at the old piano," My grandfather's voice came in my ear and I laughed turning to face him. "You can teach her all of my old songs."

"Your old songs?" I laughed and shook my head before looking down at Sara, "What do ya think munchkin? You wanna learn an old song or two?" Sara giggled in her baby way, and I took that to mean a yes. "Alrighty then." Grandpa laughed as I made my way to the piano and sat down with Sara. "Okay kid." I smiled and took her tiny hand in mine. "This is a C major." I placed her tiny hand on he key and made it play a sound, Sara gurgled in delight and I laughed. "You're a pro already."

"Just like her daddy," my dad said walking over and placing his glass down on the piano. "Why don't I take her? Then you can play us all something, and maybe even get your wife to sing too."

"Really?" I asked and looked at Sara, "What do you think Munchkin? You wanna hear your daddy and mommy sing?" She gurgled again and I chuckled, handing her to my dad. "Okay why not?"

"Of course girl." I heard Jen say and turned to look around, Rachel had disappeared into the kitchen with Lisa and Jen was walking over to me. She rubbed the back of my neck and leaned against the piano. I took this opportunity to take up my dad's suggestion.

"Any requests?" I asked smiling.

"Ummm how about Amazing Grace? The Baptist version," she replied and I raised an eyebrow.

"You think I don't know that version?" laughed and she laughed too.

"Just play the song," she said and I nodded, beginning to play the notes on the piano as her melodic voice filled the room with awe.


I was laying on the couch in the basement later on and we were enjoying American Gangster.

"Why are you sitting all the way over there?" I asked Jen, who was sitting very far away from me. "Come over here and lay next to me."

"Are you asking me or telling me?" she asked staring at the T.V

"I'm telling you," I said and she looked at me before getting up and laying next to me with her back against my chest. I wrapped the blanket around us. Ten minutes later I placed kisses on the back of her neck, and I could tell she was trying to ignore them but she closed her eyes slowly and I grinned. She leaned her head back and I wrapped my arm around her waist, my lips ran up her jaw and captured her lips. She slipped her tongue out lightly touching mine. I felt her smile against my lips and I shuddered. I leaned over her forcing her onto her back and she opened her legs and I eased between them. Our make out session continued for a couple of minutes till she stopped us.

"Justin we should stop," she said breaking our kiss but I ignored what she said. "Someone might find or come looking for us."

"No they won't," I said pulling the blanket over us. She giggled and continued our session.

"Hey Justin!" Jon's voice came booming through out the room followed by little running feet, causing Jen to push me off her and me land flat on my ass. Jen tried to fix her clothes before he saw her.

"Hey Jen have you seen Justin?" Jon asked from somewhere.

"I'm right here," I said from under the blanket on the floor.

"Sara needs her diaper changed and mom and dad are getting ready to go out," Jon said, and I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

"Ok I'll be there in a minute," I replied, flinging the blanket over my head and seeing Jon leave the room.

"That was close," Jen commented, I nodded and got up, leaving the blanket on the floor and she bent over to pick it up when she did so I smacked her ass.

"I'll deal with you later tonight, Sexy Thang," I said huskily,walking away.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story