Author's Chapter Notes:
here is ch 12!!! nice and long as usual!!! Enjoy!
Chapter 12.

Justin.


"Happy fucking New Year!" Trace screamed at the top of his lungs causing me to roll my eyes. It was a few minutes past midnight and we stood outside on the balcony of Trace and Kia's room at the Setai where Jen was hosting their annual New Years Eve bash and we were watching the people below us have a good time as we spent a few moments indoors with Sara and the girls.

"Trace get down," I said and pulled the back of his shirt causing him to clamber backwards back onto solid ground. "You're so fucking embarrassing."

"Hey now!" Trace warned and raised his glass to something behind me, I turned around just as Jen walked out to join us with Kia at her side. She shook her head and laughed at something Kia whispered in her ear.

"So ladies," I said and walked up to them, wrapping my arm around Jen's waist and pulling her close, "How is 2008 so far?"

"Great," Jen grinned back and leaned into me, "But I need to get back downstairs."

"Alright," I nodded as the band that had been playing began to wrap up and look down at her. "At least tell me you got a few minutes with Sara."

"Yeah," Jen replied with a nod and smiled softly, "Your mom just took her back to the room to put her to bed."

"Cool," I smiled although disappointed I hadn't got to spend too much time with her since I had been babysitting a very drunk Trace while Kia and Jen made sure Sara had been fed and changed and wished a Happy New Year. "So shall we get going?"

"Yeah lets," Jen agreed and looked over her shoulder to Kia, "Can you get Trace downstairs okay?"

"I think we may stay here," Kia replied with a laugh as Trace started dancing for the crowd below even though no one was watching him, "I think he's partied enough for tonight."

"Alright," Jen nodded and pulled away from me for a minute to kiss Kia's cheek softly. "I'll see you tomorrow. Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year," Kia replied and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and gave her a smile before hugging her as well.

"Bye Kia," I said and glanced at my best friend. "Take care of him."

"I will," Kia nodded and pulled away from me quickly before going over and pulling Trace back from the edge of the balcony as I had done a few moments before. "Trace get down here and say goodnight."

"Goodnight!" Trace yelled not even caring we we're leaving causing both Jen and I to chuckle as we bid our final goodbyes and left the room. Once we were out in the hall Jen glanced at me with a surprised look.

"What?" I asked her, and she shrugged, leaning into me a bit more as my hand fell on the small of her back.

"Nothing," she sighed as we made our way down the hall and to the elevator, "It's just that I've never seen you be so warm towards Kia until now."

"Well it is New Years," I reasoned and kissed the top of her head, "Time to make new resolutions right?"

"Right," she nodded, although I doubt she really cared. I smiled and pulled her closer to me, not noticing Mike jog up to us a few moments later.

"There you are," he panted as he reached us and took out the walkie talkie he had been given at the beginning of the night, "They're waiting for you Jen."

"Alright tell them we're on our way down," she replied and Mike nodded giving me a small smile.

"Having fun?" he asked and I rolled my eyes with a grin.

"Yeah," I answered and looked down at Jen, "It's the best year yet."


The next day, after Trace called with a major hang over to tell me he and Kia were going out early to explore a nearby beach, I decided to take Jen out for dinner before she left for North Carolina to film her movie. I spent a few hours in the afternoon with her and Sara, then later on we managed to rope Kia and Trace into looking after Sara while we went out.

I found this perfect place by the beach, where the lights were low and the music was just soft enough for us to hear each other from across the table. Yet Jen seemed very quiet, and it bugged me for some reason because for the past few weeks she had been so receptive towards me but now it was like she was retracting those feelings and everything else. The waiter came over to pick up our plates and as he did so I noticed Jen was staring into space. I smiled lightly and brushed my fingers against her cheek.

"Baby you've been quiet ever since we left," I commented and reached across the table to take her hand in mine.

"Justin...Have you talked to Jessica lately?" she asked suddenly, causing me to stare at her in shock. Where had that come from? The waiter brought the dessert, and I nodded at him before he left noticing our tense silence.

"Is this your way of asking me about what happened?" I asked her and she kept quiet. I sighed and shook my head. "Nothing happened Jen, I told you that."

"Really?" she asked looking up from her dessert of chocolate cake and I nodded.

"Yes really," I assured her and looked into her eyes. "Okay she came over to the hotel, and were both drunk..."

"I should have guessed," Jen sighed and put down her fork. I sighed and reached over to grab her hand.

"Can I finish?" I asked her, and she nodded. "Okay, so we were both drunk and she was very persistent. I had tried to make her leave, because I didn't want her there and I was married but she wouldn't listen. And then she began taking off her panties, then I really knew it was time for her to go. At first I told her nicely, but she wouldn't listen. She just kept on pushing and pushing. Finally I had to physically get up and drag her out the door."

Jen kept quiet and didn't say anything. I sighed before catching the eye of the waiter for the check.

The ride back to the hotel was quiet and as soon as we got back Jen went straight to the bedroom to get undressed while I went over to Trace and Kia's room to get Sara. I came back with a sleeping Sara in my arms and laid her in the bassinet while Jen was in the bathroom.

I took a few steps back and headed for the bathroom, opening the door and slipping inside. I watched Jen for a few moments before going up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me. She looked at our reflection in the mirror and smiled. I leaned forward and begun kissing her neck and shoulder.

"Justin?" she asked.

"Hmm?" I asked between kisses.

"What are we doing?" I whispered causing me to stop and look up at her.
"Justin I think were taking this marriage too seriously."

"What do you mean too seriously?" I wanted to know. I unwrapped my arms from her waist and leaned against the counter, facing her.

"What I mean is the kissing and the hugging. We need to get our priorities straight," she explained.

"We're married Jennifer," I told her, "That's what married people do."

"Justin we're on contract," she reminded me. "Where in it does it say that we make out behind closed doors?" I just looked away and there was a knock on the door. I sighed and went to answer it, not waiting for her reply.

"Yeah?" I asked as I opened it and saw a young man standing before me with a boquet of yellow roses.

"Mrs Timberlake?" he asked and I scowled.

"Do I look like a woman to you?" I snapped and took the flowers from him. "I'll take them. Here." I thrust some change at him and shut the door in his face before going back to Jen. This night was just not how I wanted it to be. "These are for you, I'm going to take a walk." I handed Jen the flowers before turning around again and bolting out the door.

I went for a long ass walk, along the beach and thinking about everything. I thought about how to get better with Jen and Sara, and how I should try harder to make her trust me again. She had suddenly changed, she didn't trust me and I was beginning to suspect it had something to do with Kia.


It had been a few weeks since that night and I had been busy working with Esemee on her album when Trace all of a sudden decided it would be a good idea for us to hit the beach and go down to the Bahamas.

"Come on man," Trace bugged me for the hundredth time that day as we just sat around the house doing nothing. We were about to have five days off for the weekend and I wasn't in the mood to do anything.

"No," I muttered and closed my eyes, I really didn't want to get on some crazy ass plane out of the country, especially with my birthday coming up.

"Why not?" Trace asked flopping down beside me on the couch. "They'll be sun, sand and babes and you need the break."

"One I do not need a break," I replied opening one eye to look at him, "And two I already have a 'babe' and I don't think she'll like me going down to the beach with
you to canoodle with some random women. Besides what about Kia?"

"What about her?" Trace asked, "She'll be in North Carolina with Jen. She won't even notice I'm gone."

"So you're gonna lie to her?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and Trace shrugged.

"No," he replied and took a sip of his water, "I'll just not tell her where I am if she asks."

"Yeah that's called lying," I affirmed and he groaned.

"Come on man," he said in frustration and I shook my head. "Please?"

"Oh alright," I snapped, I was getting tired of his moaning and groaning, "Just as long as you tell Kia the truth ok?"

"Ok," Trace grinned and bounded off the couch into the other room.


Trace had left me to my devices as soon as we got settled into the villa that he had booked with my money, and told me to get ready so we could go checkout the courses and hit a few balls before it got dark.

"Trace we better go check out the golf course before it gets dark," I called walking through the villa, trying to figure out where the hell he'd run off to now. We had just gotten ready to leave when he'd dashed away, something he'd been doing very often the past few hours. I walked into the foyer of the villa and stopped dead in my tracks at what I saw.

"What are you doing here?" Jen and I both said at the same time. She was standing by the door with Kia looking great in a short white dress and flip flops.

"Yeah what are you doing here Justin?" Kia said, obviously as shocked as I was to see them there.

"Uh, Trace told me that he and I were going to take a guys weekend," I stuttered glancing at Trace for some sort of explanation.

"Trace!?" Kia yelled placing a hand on her hip. "This was suppose to be you, me and Jen. Not Justin."

"Suprise!" Trace said and we all looked at him as if he was crazy. He was crazy, thinking that Kia and I could sit in the same room together for more than three minutes. "I thought we all could get together for Justin's birthday. So Happy Birthday J!" I stared at him, the whole room was silent as no one said anything.

"Trace can I talk to you for a minute?" Kia asked pulling him over to the side. Jen and I just stood there, watching them whisper at one another. Kia sounded more pissed off than anything. After a few moments Trace walked back up to us, grinning like a moron. "Let me show you to your room."

"That's ok man she'll be staying in my room," I said grabbing Jen's hand and intervening before he did anything else stupid.

"Whoa hold up! I didn't see any paps around when we came through today. Jen will be staying with me in my room," Kia said grabbing her other free hand.

"Well she's my wife and she needs to be with her husband," I snapped, pulling Jen closer to me.

"Well, Jen's my best friend and we have a lot to talk about," Kia said pulling Jen towards her.

"Guys! Please!" Jen snapped at us, causing us both to stop and look at her. She looked at Kia and shook her head. "Kia Justin is my husband and I will be staying in with him, plus you and Trace need some time alone." I grinned and started walking to the room with Jen, just as we did so Tiny walked into the house with Sara in his arms and handed her to Jen before she moved in front of me. I glanced back and saw Kia giving me the death stares, I stuck my tongue out at her. "I saw that." Jen added as she turned back to face me. I rolled my eyes at her and urged her forward, leading her up to the room.

"This is our room," I said opening the double doors. "I'll have Tiny put Sara's bassinet together." Jen just nodded and as she walked over to the balcony, I jogged out of the room and called to Tiny. He jogged up the stairs to meet me.

"Yeah boss?" he asked with a grin and I shook my head.

"So is that where you had to go this afternoon?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Trace asked me to do him a favor," Tiny answered. "I didn't know Jen would be on the plane. You mad?"

"Nah," I shook my head and glanced into the room where Jen was still admiring the view. "Can you do me one favor though? Can you put Sara's bassinet together?"

"Sure thing," Tiny nodded, "Anything else?"

"Not that I can think of," I answered and Tiny nodded. "I'll call you if there's anything."

"Ok," Tiny replied and walked back down the stairs, "See you later. And be careful."

"Ok," I called after him and walked back into the
room and over to Jen, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind. "I'm so glad the both of you are here."

"Me too," Jen answered and smiled when Sara started making noises and sucking on her hands. "You're getting mommy's shirt all wet."


"Let's see if I can get a good one," Kia said, sitting on Trace's lap after dinner when everyone had calmed down. Trace had gotten it into his head that we were to play this stupid game where everyone had to write down a question and put it in a hat then it went around for someone to pick. Right now it was Kia's turn to ask the question. "Ooh, Justin this is for you, What's the worst thing that could happen to you?"

"Umm," I thought for a moment then smirked. "My penis stops working." Jen slapped my chest.

"That is not funny," she said, causing both me and Trace to burst out laughing.

"No seriously I think losing Jen and Sara," I said seriously, causing Jen to go quiet.

"Ok Jenny your next," Kia said ignoring my last comment and passing Jen the hat. She ruffled her hand in the hat and pulled out a folded paper and opened it.

"J you must have written this," she said and looked at Trace with a smirk. "What is your favorite Sex position Trace?"

"I think we should ask everyone on this one," Trace said. "My favorite position is Kia on top."

"Next!" Kia yelled as Jen fell into fits of laughter.

"Kia are you going to answer the question?" I asked taking a sip of my beer, and curious at her answer.

"No."

"Well if you don't you have to do a dare," I said and Kia shook her head.

"Trace never said that in the beginning," Kia protested and Trace smirked.

"Justin's right baby," Trace said, Kia stayed quiet.

"I like being on top," Kia said smiling and I rolled my eyes.

"Ok this is getting to much for me," Jen commented.

"Jen, same goes for you?" Kia asked looking at Jen.

"No," Jen replied getting all shy and embarrassed.

"Well then what's your favorite?" Trace pressured and I glared at him.

"I don't know, I never had sex before. Enough about me why don't you ask Justin?" Jen asked changing the subject very quickly.

"Ok Justin?" Trace wanted to know and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I really enjoy hitting it from the back," I laughed and Trace laughed too.

"Well I think we don't have to worry about Jen, I think she will be able to answer this question before we go home," Trace cackled but Kia sobered him up quickly.

"I don't think so," Kia interrupted sipping on her wine.

"Why not?" Jen asked, clearly shocked at Kia's statement as much as anyone else was.

"Oh come on Jen, you would never lose your virginity to someone you don't love," Kia said, and I felt like breaking her neck. Screw how Trace felt about her.

"You don't know that," Jen replied nervously, and scratched my beard.

"I think I do, Jen you not his type," Kia continued to rant and I rolled my eyes at her.

"How do you know what my type is?" I asked causing Kia to rolled her eyes back at me."Maybe Jen's my type."

"Justin you have sex with boards not pillows," Kia replied sarcastically and I shook my head. This girl was on her last legs.

"I think you've had to much to drink," Trace said, finally intervening taking Kia's glass from her.

"It's nice to see you man up, not acting like a little bitch," Kia snapped trying to pull the glass back. Trace went silent and I knew he was pissed, he hated when people referred to him as a little bitch.

"Kia!" Jen warned glaring at her friend who just stared back.

"What!" Kia asked angrily and Jen shook her head, standing up.

"Come on I'm taking you to bed," Jen said getting up and walking over to her.

"You're not taking me anywhere. We still have a lot to talk about like how Trace tells me everything that comes out of Justin's mouth," Kia continued and I sighed, she was really making a fool out of herself.

"Kia go to bed you're just embarrassing yourself," I told her and she glared at me.

"You know what Justin. Fuck You!" Kia yelled and I rolled my eyes as Jen let her out of the room.

"Ok Lets go," Jen said pulling her away, leaving Trace and I alone in silence.

"I'm really sorry about that man," Trace spoke up after a while and I shook my head, standing up slowly.

"Nah man it's ok," I replied and helped him up, "She was just PMSing or something."

"She was drunk and shouldn't have said those things," Trace pointed out and I nodded. He was right.

"Yeah well let's just forget about it ok?" I asked and he nodded quietly. "Look man seriously don't worry about it. She won't even remember it in the morning."

"Yeah but I will," Trace pointed out and I sighed, he had a point.

"You ready to get to bed?" I asked trying to change the subject as I had no clue what else to say.

"Nah I think I'm gonna stay out here for a while," Trace said and sat down on the couch. I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Ok. But dude seriously don't let it bug you ok?" I asked and Trace looked up a t me sullenly. "At least go sleep in a warm bed tonight."

"I don't think I can," Trace answered and I didn't know what he referred to. "I think I'm just gonna crash out here tonight."

"Alright then," I nodded and looked towards the room, "Just..."

"I know J," Trace snapped and turned away from me to look out the window. "Good night."

"Night," I muttered and walked out of the room.


When I got back to the room Jen was there, turning down the bed. She had knocked over a clock or something and was bent over the edge of the bed picking it up. She wore a tiny little nightie that barley covered her ass and it turned me on. I walked over and climbed on the bed behind her, and gripped her waist from behind.

"What are you doing?" she asked, a little suprised and I grinned, leaning forward to whisper in her ear.

"Getting ready to hit it from the back," I whispered.

"Boy you better get off me," she answered in a stern voice, and I smirked, rubbing up against her before moving.

"I'm going to take a cold shower," I told her climbing off the bed and walking into the bathroom. I got into the bathroom and turned the shower on, giving her the impression I was in there but really I was just leaning against the sink trying to get my head on straight. It had been a few months now since Jen and I got married and I had been an emotional roller coaster ever since I walked into that room that day. Finally I stood up and turned the shower off, walking out of the room and quickly changing into a pair of sweat pants before joining a sleeping Jen in bed. I smiled at the sight and slipped under the covers, moving close to her and falling asleep.

"Jen?" I had just woken up from having weird dreams of Jen in nothing but a black thong. It didn't help my situation much and as I leaned over her the next morning, calling her name she remained silent so I wrapped an arm around her waist. "Jen?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you sleep?" I asked kissing her shoulder.

"Not anymore," she replied opening her eyes then closing them again. "What is it?"

"I'm horny," I confessed and she turned over to
face me.

"What?" she asked, clearly confused.

"I'm horny, come on lets do the nasty," I said kissing her.

"How did this come to your mind?" she laughed.

"Well Jen when you grow up you go through what is called puberty..." I began and she rolled her eyes.

"I know that smart ass, weren't you like this yesterday?" she asked, and I sighed.

"Yes I was," I told her and moved on top of her, as she automatically opened her legs to me.

"We can't do the nasty," she said closing her eyes as my lips moved to her neck.

"Yes we can," I answered and rubbed up against her. She squirmed beneath me.

"No we can't, what about Sara?" she asked trying to be rational.

"We'll be quiet, come on you know you want to," I whispered in her ear and she laughed.

"Justin," she said as I bit her neck gently. "You need to stop." I sighed and moved to lay next to her.

"What am I going to with this?" I asked her.

"What you've been doing since you were 15 years old, use your hand," she said laughing, before pecking me on the lips and going to check on Sara.


When I left the bedroom a while later to get Jen and I some coffee as well as heat up Sara's bottle I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see a scruffy looking Trace sprawled out on the couch, hiding under a thin blanket.

"Hey man," I called to him as I passed the couch and caused him to stir. He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes.

"Hey," he muttered, he looked terrible. "What time is it?"

"Around seven?" I answered and played with Sara's now luke warm bottle. "So were you out here all night?"

"Yeah," he replied and pushed the sheet off him, "I couldn't go in there after..."

"I know," I replied sympathetically and walked over to him as he stood up. "So you gonna talk to her?"

"I don't know," he answered and stretched himself out. "You wanna go hit the course or something?"

"Sure," I nodded and looked towards the bedroom, "I'm sure Jen and Kia...."

"No," Trace replied curtly and shook his head. "Just me and you."

"What do you mean no?" I asked him, "I would like to spend time with my wife you know, after all it is my birthday and...."

"Fine," he replied with a huff. "Since it is your birthday and all..... You can bring Jen along. But ask Kia to watch Sara, that way I can get away from her for a bit please?"

"Alright," I nodded understanding where he was coming from and grinned, "Just make it seem as if it was my idea to take Jen to the course and you wanted to come along to get some practice."

"Ok," he nodded and folded up the sheet on the couch, "So we'll leave in about an hour?"

"Sure," I nodded, "Let me just go give Sara her bottle and get Jen ready. Then we can go."

"Ok," Trace nodded and picked up the sheet in his arms, "I'll see you in a bit."


The next day, after Trace had begged me to go golfing with him again, Jen and Kia brought us some dinner guests. We had been golfing all day, after Jen politely declined joining us, opting to stay with Sara and Kia for the day, when I heard footsteps outside the front door. I walked over and opened it, knowing it could only be Jen bringing Sara back in from the sun.

"Hey," Jen said smiling as I opened the door. I looked at her and nodded, noticing the two guys behind her with Kia.

"Hey," I answered with an uneasy smile, moving aside to let Jen inside. "Who..."

"Justin this is Chris and David," Jen finished my sentence for me, "We met them on the beach and I invited them to dinner." I just stood there looking at them, wondering why in heck she would invite two complete strangers over. One of the guys held out his hand.

"Hey I'm Chris," he told me and I nodded, shaking his hand.

"And I'm David," the other one said walking up to me. I nodded and gave them a weary smile.

"I'm Justin," I answered and closed the door, "Jen's husband. How did you guys...."

"Chris shooed a paparazzo on the beach," Kia said as we walked through the house and into the living room. She laid their things on the couch.

"How did they find out we were here?" I asked surprised, looking at Jen for an answer but Kia answered instead.

"Someone must have tipped them off," Kia shrugged as if it was nothing. I looked at her as if she was crazy. I needed to talk to Jen about this.

"Why don't you guys go sit down while I lay Sara down?" Jen suggested, breaking the silence that was in the room. David and Chris both nodded and allowed Kia to lead them to the other couch and sat down. Jen turned to me and must have noticed my eagerness to talk to her. She grabbed my hand and lead me to our bedroom.

"How can you bring someone off the street in here?" I asked her as soon as we were alone and closed the door.

"They're really nice guys," Jen answered simply walking over to where Sara's bassinet was.

"You don't know what there agenda is," I pointed out, folding my arms across my chest. Jen laid Sara in her bassinet and grabbed the baby monitor.

"It's ok I promise," Jen assured me wrapping her arms around my neck and pecked my lips. I pulled her closer, giving her a hug.

"Did the paps say anything to you?" I asked after a while.

"They know about you and Jessica."


"So?" I asked Trace once we were alone in the kitchen a few hours later grabbing some more drinks from the fridge. Trace shrugged and opened up the beer in his hand.

"So what?" he asked and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Do not tell me you haven't noticed," I told him and he looked at me blankly. "I'm talking about Kia. Now she's ignoring you?"

"She not ignoring me," Trace retorted and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Really?" I asked him and shook my head, "Man you must be blind."

"What do you mean? You've been watching her now?" Trace asked bitterly and I knew he had noticed that the whole evening, after he decided to forgive Kia and talk to her, she had been ignoring him and flirting with David.

"No," I replied and grabbed the bottle of wine from the fridge, "Just something I happened to notice."

Trace didn't say anything and neither did I. I didn't see the point of making it any worse. I knew Jen didn't notice because the whole night she and Kia had been happy go lucky about everything. I picked up my beer from beside Trace and walked out of the room, with him following me closely.

"That's not true!" Kia's voice came from the living room and I looked back at Trace. His eyes got dark and I frowned. The tone in her voice was one she usually gave Trace when he gave her a compliment.

"Trace..." I began but he shook his head.

"No it's ok," he said and finished off his beer quickly. "I think I'm just gonna go to bed."

"You sure?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah. Tell Kia I'll be in the room," he answered and walked away from me. I nodded, opening my mouth to say something but closed it again. I sighed and walked back into the living room to join everyone else.

"Hey," Jen said as I walked in and glanced around the room. Kia was sitting very close to David, as he leaned close to her, whispering in her ear.

"Hey," I said and sat down next to Jen, placing the drinks on the coffee table and laying a hand on Jen's knee.

"So where's Trace?" Jen asked, leaning close to me. I shrugged and looked over to where Kia was.

"He said he was tired. Must have gotten too much sun," I answered and cleared my throat. Kia stopped what she was doing and looked over to us.

"I need another drink," she said, totally ignoring the fact that Trace wasn't even there. I frowned and rolled my eyes.

"Just ignore her," Jen whispered in my ear and made me lean back on the couch so she could lean against me. "So Chris was just about to tell me what he does."

"Was he?" I asked, pretending to be interested but really wasn't. Chris had turned out to be a nice guy after all, but his friend was a whole other story.

"Yeah," Jen answered and looked at Chris with a smile. I nodded, and pretended to listen to what he was saying in response but I couldn't help my eyes wandering across the room to where Kia was sitting.


After a while Chris decided to leave and Jen and I headed off to bed, leaving Kia outside with David. I was a bit upset and wanted to talk to Kia about it but Jen dragged me back to the room to go check on Sara.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked Jen as I left the bathroom and turned off the lights, walking over to the bed and turning off the light on the night stand.

"I'm not," she lied and tried to look away from me.

"Yes you are," I said pulling the covers back and slipping between them. I leaned forward and Kissed Jen on the lips for a moment, then kissed her again this time longer.She slipped her tongue out lightly touching mine as I wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her close. I ran my hand slowly up her thigh, leaning into her a bit and pressing her to me. She moaned softly, and wrapped her arms around my neck. I rubbed small circles on her back and she moved her leg up so that it fell over mine, and as I pulled her closer again I head a loud bang.

"Do you hear that?" I asked, stopping and looking down at her.

"Hear what?" she asked as if I was completely crazy. I placed a finger on her lips, and we stayed quiet for a moment, then we heard it. A small moan followed by another bang. "Are they doing what I think their doing?"

"Yeah," I said with a smile glad that she'd finally figured it out and Trace and Kia had made up. We laid there as the moans became louder and the banging faster. "Damn Trace." "They're going to wake up Sara," Jen said looking to see if Sara was still sleep. I smiled at her and kissed her neck.

"Doesn't hearing that get you in the mood?" I asked her softly and she laughed.

"Are you serious?" she said rolling her eyes and I laughed.

"I guess they're back on track," I grinned moving off her.

"I hope I'll be able to get some sleep," Jen groaned and I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively.

"I know of a way to put you to sleep," I said rubbing her thigh. She smiled and moved my hand away.

"I don't think so," she said, before laying her head on my chest and closing her eyes.


Half way through the night I woke up feeling very thirsty. Jen was still asleep, so I quietly slipped out of bed and left the room. As I stepped into the hallway I heard a door open and close nearby. I presumed it was coming from Trace and Kia's room so thought nothing of it as I headed down the stairs to the kitchen. But as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard footsteps behind me and grinned.

"So I heard you guys made up," I said presuming it was Trace behind me. There was no answer as the footsteps stopped and I rolled my eyes. "Come on man you know we heard you."

"Uh..." came the reply and I frowned, turning around to face whoever was behind me. My mouth dropped open at the sight behind me.

"What the hell?" I asked as a meek David stood before me, glancing at his feet. "What are you still doing here?"

"Well, Kia said..." David began but I cut him off.

"Kia? It was you?" I asked totally shocked. "Where the hell is Trace?"

"Trace?" David asked, a look of confusion coming over his face and I nodded.

"Yeah Trace. You know Kia's boyfriend and my best friend?" I asked him crossing my arms across my chest. He looked at me for a moment before glancing over his shoulder.

"Kia's boyfriend?" he asked, and went totally pale. "Shit man, look I didn't know. She told me they'd just broken up and I..."

"And you what? You thought you'd just tap that ass?" I asked angrily and pointed to the door. "Just get out of here man. Before he finds you."

"I'm really sorry," David grumbled before shuffling past me and hurrying out leaving me wondering what the hell I was going to tell Trace. I turned back around to head back into the kitchen, but as I did so I heard more footsteps and groaned, thinking I'd woken up Jen and would have to explain all this to her. "David?" Kia's voice called quietly from the top of the stairs and my blood began to boil. I spun around and glared up at her.

"Sorry no it's just me Justin," I called up to her, "Expecting someone else were you?"

"Justin..." she began, her eyes dashing wildly about the place as she looked around her. "I didn't see you there. I was just looking for Trace."

"Oh spare me the crap Kia," I told her and made my way up the stairs to her, "I know all about your little sex fest with the architect."

"You do?" she asked, I could see shock in her eyes and I grinned with a nod.

"Yup I do," I answered and crossed my arms over my chest. "Care to explain? Where's Trace?"

"I don't know," she replied looking down at her feet.

"Well you better start knowing," I told her and rolled my eyes. I couldn't believe her, here she was going on about how I was sleeping with every Tom, Dick and Harry when she was here actually doing it! "Or else I'm going to start talking."

"You wouldn't!" she gasped looking up at me and I nodded.

"Oh I would," I told her curtly, "Because in case you've forgotten he's my best friend. You know what it's like to be a best friend don't you?"

"Justin please..." Kia begged and I looked down at her all helpless and shit.

"Please what?" I asked her, "Don't tell Trace? Why? What would I get out of it huh?"

"I don't know but I can think of something," Kia pleaded, she was obviously desperate.

"Well think fast," I said and let out a long breath. "Man I can't believe you."

"What do you mean?" she asked and I rolled my eyes at her, was she really that stupid?

"What do I mean? Geeze I don't know. How about the fact that while you're busy ragging me out for something I didn't even do your busy laying the moves on someone other than Trace? Talk about your own personal hypocrite," I said.

"Didn't even do? Come on Justin we all know what you're like," Kia answered and I glared at her.

"Oh really?" I asked her, "What am I like? Like you?"

"We're nothing a like," Kia snapped back and I shook my head.

"No we are. Because according to you we're a perfect match," I retorted, "No wonder Jen is so in love with us both. We're both assholes to the people we love."

"I don't hurt the people I love," she answered and I laughed at that.

"Really? Then what would you call this?" I asked her and she shrugged at me, "Yeah that's right you wouldn't. Because this is exactly what it is. You cheated on Trace."

"Okay so I cheated on him," she said and looked at me with tears in her eyes, "Are you happy now?"

"Yes," I smirked and leaned forward, "But I still need to tell him."

"No please don't," she said and grabbed my arm which I pulled away. "Let me tell him."

"Really?" I asked her, "Are you really going to tell him?"

"Yes," she replied with a nod and I glanced at her skeptically.

"When?" I asked.

"As soon as he comes back," she answered and looked at me, "But please Justin don't say anything."

"Fine," I muttered giving in to her, "But I swear if you haven't told him by five I'm telling him alright?"

"Alright," she nodded, and leaned forward to give me a hug but I backed away.

"Man you owe me," I told her and began walking away back to bed and Jen, "You owe me big time."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story