Author's Chapter Notes:
ok here is another long chapter!! yay!!!!
Justin.

I woke up the next morning with a killer hangover and groaned. I found myself in the bed I hadn’t slept in for a long time and Jen was MIA. I frowned as I recalled the events of the night before, JC serenading my wife, and quickly jumped out of bed. I found myself half naked, not really knowing how I managed to undress myself, but ignored this as I pulled on some clothes and headed out the door.

I walked out of the room, and squinted my eyes as the sun streamed in through the windows at the end of the hall and I heard laughter from downstairs. I instantly recognized the voices. One was the hell bent loudness, belonging to none other than Jen and the other was a somewhat squeally voice that I had grown up half my life with belonging to JC. My headache got worse.

I managed to not trip down the stairs and break my back as I realized the noise was coming from the kitchen. And as I stepped in I saw them, the two of them. They had the radio blaring some God awful music and JC was sitting at the table laughing at something Jen had just said, while she stood over the stove top cooking. For him.

“Good morning!” I pronounced myself walking into the kitchen and causing JC to stop mid-laugh. He looked in my direction and nodded.

“Look what the cat dragged in,” he commented, folding his arms on the table in front of him and grinning at me. I raised an eyebrow at him. “Slept well?”

I rolled my eyes at him and sauntered over to where Jen had stopped mid-fry and grabbed her by the waist, before planting a few small kisses on her neck causing her to nearly jumped two feet out of her skin and JC to nearly have his eyes replaced as they bulged out of their sockets, obviously shocked at my behavior.

“How’s my lovely buttercup doing this morning?” I asked, ignoring both their reactions and keeping my grip firm on Jen’s waist as she tried to struggle free.

“How many times have I told you not to call me that?” she asked, as I let her turn around to face me. Her eyes were glaring with ice and I gave her a cocky grin.

“Not enough,” I murmured and captured her lips with mine, softly nibbling at her bottom lip. The Timberlake charm could so kick the Chasez charm any day. I felt her go weak at the knees as I pulled away and looked deeply into her eyes. “So what did you two get up to last night after I crashed?”

“We…” Jen stammered and I managed to sneak a look at JC, who had turned beet red.

“You what?’ I whispered in my sexiest voice, managing to grab another kiss before she could protest and pull away from me. “I hope you didn’t have too much fun without me.”

“J!” JC managed and laughed nervously as Jen leaned against the counter breathing heavily, trying to catch her breath. I raised an eyebrow at the two of them, and crossed my arms across my chest.

“Yes Jayce?” I asked, and also leaned against the counter top, waiting for him to finally admit that he tried to pull a fast one on my wife. “By the way Jayce, did the guitar sound a bit out of tune to you? Because I thought so. I mean it sounded really…squeaky, especially after I heard you play it last night.”

“Well I …” JC began totally taken aback about my comment, staring at his shoes to avoid all eye contact with me.

“Or were you too busy checking out my wife to notice?” I quipped and they both nearly choked on the air they were inhaling. I had them good, especially JC. Timberlake one, Chasez zero.

“Justin!” Jen warned and I passed her a glare.

“Oh please Jen,” I replied and rolled my eyes at her, “You can not tell me you didn’t notice him looking at you all googly eyed all night? I mean you must have noticed, especially after he pulled out the old ‘let me show you a new song I’ve been working on’ trick.”

Jen glared at me and JC just looked as if he’d been caught with his hand in the cookie jar and wanted the ground to swallow him up right then and there.

“I better go,” JC grumbled and quickly stumbled to his feet, “Thanks for letting me stay.” I shook my head as he got ready to leave; he wasn’t getting away so fast.

“Hold up Chasez,” I called after him but he had already disappeared out the door and I couldn’t get after him because I felt a hand grab my arm and someone dig their fingernails into my skin making me wince.

“You’re such an asshole,” Jen hissed in my ear as she let go of my arm a few minutes later as the front door slammed shut and she went back to her cooking.

“Why?” I asked her, still glaring at the door and rubbing my arm tenderly. “I wasn’t the one undressing you with my eyes okay? You should thank me.”

“I should thank you?” Jen asked, turning back around after she turned off the stove and waving a hot spatula in my face. “For what? Letting that nice, kind man feel like a jerk for trying to make me feel better after you made a total ass out of yourself and embarrassed the shit out of me?”

“Nice?” I asked and laughed in her face, “Is that what we’re calling it these days?”

“What do you care anyways?” she challenged and slammed the spatula down on the counter top, glaring at me. “Not getting jealous are we?”

“What?” I asked incredulously as if this was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard and crossed my arms over my chest. “Of course I’m not jealous.”

“Huh huh,” she nodded, unbelieving and gave me a smirk, “What ever you say Mr. ‘Or were you too busy checking out my wife’. I totally believe you.”

She laughed right back at me and reached for the burnt eggs on the stove stop before turning around and slamming them with a loud clang into the sink. Leaving me at a loss for words she laughed once more (once she realized the cat had my tongue) and turned her back on me, walking out the room and into the depths of the house.


Trace doubled over in laughter and I scowled at him, reaching over and beating his shoulder hard.

“That’s not funny dude!” I told him and he shook his head, still laughing as tears fell down his face.

“I can’t believe she called you out!” he howled and fell back on the couch; I rolled my eyes at him and pulled my knees to my chest, folding my arms across the top of them.

“That’s not the point!” I snapped and flicked on the TV, before muting it, “The point is, Jayce was fucking... I dunno he was trying to get into her pants!” Trace stopped laughing, wiping away the tears at the corner of his eyes and looking at me.

“Oh I see,” Trace nodded in understanding and I looked at him as if he was insane.

“You see what?” I retorted and Trace shook his head at me, propping his feet on the table in front of us.

“I see that you’re jealous,” Trace replied and folded his hands behind his head.

“I am not jealous!” I barked and threw my hands in the air. “Why do you all keep saying that?”

“Because you keep on going on and on about how Jayce was busy giving her the eye,” Trace replied calmly and chuckled deeply.

“Because he was degrading her!” I said in aspiration and glared at Trace who raised an eyebrow at me. “He was!”

“He was just being nice to her,” Trace replied and sat up.

“Well you weren’t there,” I said angrily and put my feet back down on the floor, crossing my arms across my chest and leaning into the couch a bit more.

“No I wasn’t. But Kia told me everything,” Trace replied with a small smile and I groaned, “And Jen tells her everything. Kia said they just talked after you went to bed.”

“Yeah right and I’m Michael Jackson,” I grumbled and looked at him, “Since when do you talk to Kia anyways?”

“Since we began going out,” Trace grinned but quickly became serious again, “Don’t try and change the subject J.”

“I wasn’t,” I said and shook my head, “I was just pointing out an observation.”

“Well then maybe you’d like to use those observation skills for something more useful?” Trace asked and poked my shoulder. “Like maybe actually realizing what an ass you really are towards Jen. Maybe then she wouldn’t go looking for affections somewhere else.”

“Lest you forget…” I began holding up a finger to him, but my sentence was interrupted as the doorbell rang and Jen’s voice rang through the house.

“Justin can you get that?” she hollered from somewhere, “I’ll be down in a sec. I’m just taking a shower!”

“That’s a mental image I did not need,” I commented and pushed myself off the couch, Trace rolled his eyes at my comment and I turned to face him. “You coming?”

“Nope,” he grinned and shook his head, grabbing the remote as he did so, changing the channel. I sighed and kicked him lightly in the foot.

“Okay whatever,” I said and moved forward, “Move shorty.” Trace grunted and muttered something under his breath, but I brushed it off and went to get the door.


“Johnny?” I asked, my mouth open as I tried to calculate in my brain why he was here. My manager stood on my door step and smiled, pushing me aside so both he and Marcus could enter the home.

“Hey kid,’ Johnny nodded and looked at Marcus then at me,
“Where’s Jen?”

“Uh,” I began as they entered the house and I pushed the door closed behind me. “She’s in the shower. Why are you here? Are we having a meeting no one told me about? Trace!”

“Trace is here?” Johnny asked, he looked concerned. I nodded and Johnny sighed heavily. “I asked him to let you know we were coming over.”

“Well he didn’t,” I retorted and Johnny shook his head.

“I’m sure Jen knows we’re coming,” Marcus smiled and if on cue both Jen, who was wearing a pair of red silk pajamas, and Trace appeared behind Johnny.

“Of course I knew you were coming,” Jen smiled walking up to us, “Kia let me know this morning when I called her.”

“And why didn’t you tell me?” I asked angrily and Jen shrugged, glancing over her shoulder at Trace.

“Kia said Trace would tell you,” Jen answered and hugged Marcus then Johnny. “Good afternoon.”

“Afternoon Jen,” Marcus replied and I tuned them out as I glared at Trace.

“T dude you’re supposed to tell me these things!” I told him in aspiration over Johnny’s shoulder and shook my head, “That’s what you’re paid for.”

“Actually…” Trace began but Johnny cut him off.

“It doesn’t matter,” Johnny said and looked at Trace, “I’m sure it just slipped your mind Trace. All that matters is that we’re here now. Let’s go into the kitchen so we can talk about this.”

“This?” I asked and raised a questioning eyebrow.

“Yes,” Johnny stated and then looked Jen, “This arrangement?”

“Oh right,” I said finally registering what he was on about and followed him, Jen and Marcus into the kitchen as Trace mumbled something and disappeared back into the den. I sighed and sat down at the table next to Jen.

“So Kia didn’t really say what this was all about…” Jen began before I could say anything and looked at Johnny and Marcus.

“I know,” Marcus nodded and looked at Johnny, who nodded, before continuing. “Well Johnny and I were talking and we think we should release another statement and photo.”

“What?” Both Jen and I asked together, I was not going through the whole photo shoot thing again and act all fake.

“Like a date? But why? I thought we already did that,” I said and Marcus nodded, but Johnny cut in.

“Yes you did,” Johnny said, “But you know how the rumors have been flying lately. They’re saying that you two have been fighting and are considering divorce.” I could feel Johnny’s glare on me and I felt like sinking into my chair at that very moment, this day was just getting worse by the minute.

“And it won’t be exactly a photo shoot,” Marcus added and glanced at Johnny briefly, “It would be more of a shopping trip and we’d have the paps informed of when and where you were going to be.”

“And especially after your little stunt…” Johnny warned, referring to my escapades the night before and I rolled my eyes.

“Well it wasn’t really a stunt…” I began but Jen silenced me with a kick under the table and I winced.

“Well he’s sorry for that; he just had a rough day that’s all. And we’re not fighting,” she smiled and looked at me, “But if it’ll make you feel better we’ll release a statement saying we’re happy and have photos to prove it.”

“Great!” Marcus grinned and looked at Johnny who nodded as well. I groaned, wondering why Jen was so intent to keep this crap going. I thought she was as miserable as me and wanted out.

“After all I did make a promise to help Justin,” Jen said and then she did the most unpredictable thing, she reached over and took my hand in hers, lifting them so they were on the table and in view of Johnny and Marcus to see. “And I don’t back out of my promises, especially if they’re for a friend.”

A friend? Okay now this was official, this day was not happening. In a moment I would wake up and this would all be over like a bad dream. I closed my eyes and opened them. I was still there.

“Well I’m glad you two are getting along,” Johnny smiled and looked at me, “You okay with this kid?”

“I..” I was unable to form a sentence, I just closed my mouth and sighed with a defeated nod.

“He is,” Jen answered for me and rubbed her thumb over my hand making me squirm uncomfortably.

“Good,” Johnny said and stood up giving Marcus the cue to stand up too. “Well, we’ll see you kids later ok? When we get the statement sorted then we’ll call you and let you know about the time and place. And remember kid, you’re leaving for Australia Friday night.”

Both of us nodded, and Jen let go of my hand, letting it drop unceremoniously to the side, and stood up.

“Let me walk you out,” she said but Johnny stopped her and looked at me.

“That’s okay Jen,” he smiled and gave her a hug, “You better stay here and look after the kid. It looks like he needs you.” I managed to glare at Johnny, but he silenced me with his look and Jen opened her mouth to respond but Marcus silenced her with a nod.

“Johnny’s right Jen,” Marcus said and hugged her, “Looks like he needs you. I’ll call you later and check in alright?”

“Alright,” Jen nodded and sat back down as the two men said their goodbyes and quietly left. Although I could swear I heard them chuckling down the hall as the door shut behind them, leaving both me and Jen speechless in the kitchen.



Jennifer.


1:45 a.m. the night before


As I headed down to the laundry room to put Justin's clothes down, I remembered me that I needed to do the laundry tomorrow anyways, so I left the clothes on the drier in the basket and headed back out. On the way I ran into JC, who was talking on his phone in the living room.

"Hey...is he sleeping?" JC asked, ending the call as he noticed me walk in. I nodded and he smiled.

"Passed out. I think he will be having a serious hangover in the morning,” I smirked and JC laughed "I want to thank you for your help with him...I've never seen him like that."

"Well you should have seen him when he broke up with Britney," JC commented and headed over to the couch, I followed behind.

"Really? How so?" I asked as we sat down, and JC gave me a questioning look.

"He never talked to you about it when you were dating?" JC asked. I sighed, I wanted to tell him the truth but I knew I couldn’t. I had to lie, and I hated to lie.

"At the time I was so wrapped up in him chasing me I didn't think about his exes," I lied knowing that I had to come up with a story quick.

"Well..." JC began and went on to tell me about Justin and Britney and how she really wasn't a virgin when he hooked up with her. She lied to him which caused the break up. Hmm interesting, I thought but I wanted to change the subject. All this talk about Justin’s ex was making me uneasy and I didn’t know why.

"Can I ask you how you felt when Justin career took off and Nsync wasn't getting back together...anytime soon at least?" I asked and noticed his face fall slightly. JC sighed and picked up Justin’s guitar that was lying on the side of the couch.

“I wasn't upset...” he clarified and I nodded as he continued, “We all knew Justin was going to be successful...I was upset with the label. They were kind of sneaky with it ya know? Having Justin being the only lead vocals on Gone just to see the reaction from the public if he was ever to go solo.” There was an uncomfortable silence before one of us spoke again.

"So on to something more cheery. How many tracks have you done so far?" I asked as I played with the heel on my boot trying to take them off.

"I have about 10 I know I want to put on the album but 21 in total," He replied as he played with the guitar. His fingers moved swiftly as be plucked the strings, he looked so engrossed in what he was doing. "Any requests?" he asked, noticing me watching him and I laughed "I know the perfect song."

He started to play my heart swelled with each word he sang, he made me forget about what had happened hours before. I could see that this was his passion and it made me realize that my situation wasn’t the same thing. I started to cry, I’d never been serenaded before.

“You made me cry," I laughed nervously as the song ended and we sat there in silence just looking at each other. He reached over to hold my hand and played with my fingers, and then he did the unthinkable he leaned over and kissed me on the lips.

His lips were soft but in my head I knew had to stop him.

"JC...stop." I pushed him on his shoulder, causing him to look at me embarrassed.

"I am so sorry...I don't know what I was thinking." he said nervously.

“You just got caught up in the moment," I said I played with my diamond wedding band out of nervousness.

"How bout we forget what just happened?" JC suggested, he could see I was nervous about it and wondered how to explain that to Justin. I looked up at him.

"Deal,” I said and we shook hands before he pulled me into a hug. "Well it's going on 4:00 and I really need to get to bed I have a meeting tomorrow...you can stay in one of the guest rooms since it is so late."

"I think I will take you up on your offer I know where the guest rooms are I'll just pick one,” he said and I nodded, getting up and picking up my boots as I did so before heading for the stairs.

"Ok...goodnight,” I told him.

"Night," he whispered and let me climb the stairs and make my way to the bedroom.

I opened the bedroom door to see Justin still passed out and remembered what had just happened. I quickly picked up my pajamas and went into the bathroom to get dressed for bed. As I took off my makeup I couldn't help but to think about the kiss and how it didn't do anything for me which was weird because I did have a little crush on JC. I thought he was sweet, kind, and sexy so why didn't I feel anything?


I woke up to see the clock on the night stand read 9:00 a.m. Dang I missed my morning run, I thought and I rolled over to see Justin till sleeping. I sighed and climbed out of the bed, knowing I wouldn’t wake Justin up as I went to take a shower and prepare for some serious cleaning. I picked out a purple track suit, slipped into it and headed down stairs, as I walked down the stairs I could smell coffee. Thinking that JC must get up early, I went into the kitchen only to see my suspicions confirmed. JC had his back turned to me as he stood by the coffee maker making coffee.

“Good morning," I said as I entered the room, causing him to turn and face me.

“Morning," he replied as I walked over to the fridge to get some eggs and bacon.

“Would you like some eggs and bacon?” I asked as I closed the fridge with my foot and placed the food items on the counter.

“You cook?” JC asked with a raised eyebrow and I nodded, pushing him aside so I could get the frying pan and some oil.

“Ever since I was 12 my grandmother told me food was a way to a man's heart," I replied and turned on the stove, placing the pan on it and cracking some eggs.

"Justin is a lucky guy," JC stated and I laughed as he went over to the radio on the counter. He flipped through the stations until he stopped at a classic old school Marvin Gaye Got to Give it Up.

"You like old school?" I asked surprised as I opened a drawer and looked at JC.

"Like it? I LOVE it," JC laughed and I laughed too as I got out a spatula and began to tend to the bacon and eggs while JC took a seat at the table.

"Good morning" Justin pronounced a mere few seconds later, causing us to both stop laughing and causing me to stop what I was doing. I wondered if he remembered anything from the night before.

“Look what the cat dragged in," JC commented “Slept well?”
Justin didn’t answer and I let out a sigh of relief, maybe he wasn’t going to cause a fuss after all. But before I could fully relax Justin sneaked up behind me and grabbed me by the waist.

What the hell is he doing? I thought, then he planted three small sensual kisses on my neck, I nearly jumped three feet in the air because his lips, which should have been like poison, felt so good. Okay I had to stop that train of thought before it got too far.

"How’s my lovely buttercup doing this morning?" He asked as I tried to get away but he kept a firm grip on my waist.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?" I asked as he allowed me to turn around in his arms to face him. I gave him the iciest glare I could muster, but he returned it with a cocky grin.

He leaned in and whispered, "Not enough." Then he captured his lips with mine. His lips were so soft softer than JC's and he managed to nibble softly on my bottom lip. I will admit that I had never been kissed like that before. I felt my knees go slightly weak, but I refused to let it in and finally as he pulled away I felt that a part of me wanted him to stop and the other part wanted him to keep on going. But then I remembered that this was just a game to him, not real.

Justin then looked deeply into my eyes and asked, "So what did you two get up to last night after I crashed?"

"We...” I started, damn him now I was lost for words thanks to him and I had to look to JC for help.

“You what?" Justin whispered in the sexiest voice I've ever heard and grabbed me for another kiss. “I hope you didn't have to much fun without me." I had to regain my balance I held on to the counter trying to catch my breath as he finally let go of me.

"J!" JC’s nervous voice broke our concentration on each other and Justin turned to face him.

"Yes Jayce?” Justin asked, folding his arms across his chest and leaning against the counter. “By the way Jayce, did the guitar sound a bit out of tune to you? Because I thought so. I mean it sounded really…squeaky, especially after I heard you play it last night.” I just stared at Justin in shock, wondering how he knew JC had played his guitar. Was he spying on me?

“Well I …” JC began totally taken off guard and I knew something had to be done quick before Justin got out of hand. But I was too slow.

“Or were you too busy checking out my wife to notice?” Justin asked, and I felt my breath catch in my throat, this was not good and poor JC looked as if he wanted to die.

“Justin!” I warned and Justin glared at me angrily.

“Oh please Jen...” He began, I could not believe he was acting this way. Like a jealous husband. “You can not tell me you didn’t notice him looking at you all googly eyed all night? I mean you must have noticed, especially after he pulled out the old ‘let me show you a new song I’ve been working on’ trick.”

I looked at Justin totally at a loss for words, knowing he had at least seen something last night. Had he seen the kiss?

“I better go," JC mumbled and got up from the table
"Thanks for letting me stay." I looked in his eyes and saw that he was really sorry about the night before, and I felt really bad for him. I had to help him.

"Hold up Chasez," Justin called after him, ready to pounce but I grabbed Justin's arm, digging in my fingernails before he could go after JC, letting JC get away safely.

"You’re such and asshole," I hissed in his ear as we heard the front door slam shut. I let go of his arm and went back to my cooking.

"Why?" he asked rubbing his arm and I sighed heavily. "I wasn't the one undressing you with my eyes okay? You should thank me." My eggs started to burn and I was beginning to get annoyed with the tone in his voice.

"I should thank you, for what?" I asked, taking the spatula and pointed to the door. I really wanted to hit him with it. He had gotten on my nerves so much that I had almost forgotten about the whole kiss thing. "Letting that nice, kind man feel like a jerk for trying to make me feel better after you made a total ass out of yourself and embarrassed the shit out of me?”

“Nice?” Justin asked and laughed in my face, “Is that what we’re calling it these days?”

“What do you care anyways?” I challenged and slamming the spatula down on the counter top, glaring at him as a revelation hit me. I raised my eyebrow at him. “Not getting jealous are we?”

“What?” he asked in shock and crossed his arms over my chest, I wanted to slap him so hard. “Of course I’m not jealous.”

“Huh huh,” I nodded, unbelieving. I finally realized that he was jealous. All the signs were there. I gave him a smile, “What ever you say Mr. ‘Or were you too busy checking out my wife’. I totally believe you.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed right back at him. He stared at me as I made a scene, turning around and snatching up my burnt eggs from the stove top and throwing them into the sink, for once he couldn’t think of a word to say. I laughed at this revelation and stormed out of the kitchen, leaving him gawking like a guppy behind me.


Kia screamed from the computer I was playing with Justin's laptop and web cam to see if it worked.

"Can you see me now? Good," Kia laughed.

"Girl you’re crazy,” I commented and rolled my eyes at her.

"Seriously can you see me?" she asked more seriously and I nodded.

"Yes, I can see you, can you see me?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes I can see you,” she replied and we both laughed. "Girl why are you not dressed? It's like 4:00 in the afternoon!"

"I did a lot of cleaning today and I got sweaty at the same time." I answered brushing if off and sitting down.

"You know Marcus and Johnny are coming over to talk I don't know what it's about but I know that it's important," Kia informed me with a knowing look and I nodded.

"You told me this morning,” I reminded her, “It's probably something about releasing our wedding photo to the public, you know all the money that the press gives for the picture is going to charity. Justin and I have to split it."

"That sounds great." Kia said half heartedly, her tone suddenly changing.

"Kia, what's up girl?" I asked in a motherly tone.
"I think I'm seeing Trace,” she replied and I just looked at her not knowing what to say.

"Why didn't you tell me this last night... wait what do you mean you think?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"What I meant was that we went out a couple of times and he is so smart and kind he's a true gentleman,” she answered but I knew there was more.

"But?” I asked, “What’s the problem girl?”

"He's not my IBM," she stated and I rolled my eyes. IBM was code for Ideal Black Man.

"Kia he may not be your IBM but do you have fun with him?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"Yes,” she replied and I gave her a small smile.

“You just said he was smart and kind right?” I asked and she nodded. “Well then just live in the moment and enjoy your time. A lot of sistas sit around and wait for a good brotha and they end up alone. You know I love my brothas but I don't want to wait till I'm like 50 to find him ya know? So let’s say your IBM showed up when you’re really serious with Trace, would you leave him?"

"If I'm happy I wouldn't," Kia said

"See like I said live in the moment," I told her and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Like you are?" Kia asked, wondering where I was getting all this great advice from.

"What I'm going through is different,” I informed her and got chills again just thinking about Justin and….

"How so?" Kia asked, interrupting my thoughts. I looked at her and sighed.

"I don't like Justin in that way,” I told her, “We’re just friends helping each other out. It's a game with him."

"Ok if that's what you think but kissing you all sensual..." she began and I cut her off quickly not wanting to get into the subject.

"I'm going to change the subject now,” I warned, “Have you talked to Crystal lately?”

“Yep, this morning. She said that she still hasn't heard from Curtis, how in the hell are you gonna leave your pregnant wife?" Kia asked angrily and I shrugged.

Crystal, my other best friend from Chicago grew up across the street from me. Kia lived next door. Crystal was the shy one, she was a foster child. A lot of people think that if you were adopted or a foster child then you had this sad horrible childhood but that was not the case for Crystal. She was always happy. I don't think I ever saw her upset or anything. She was always the one who took care of everybody.

Crystal and Curtis were high school and college sweethearts. So no one was surprised when they got married. When they got married, Curtis was starting to make his way into the corporate world, climbing the ladder higher and higher. Crystal had always wanted a family, which had always been a dream of hers, but when Curtis got caught up in his career he didn't have the same feelings anymore. Then when Crystal told him she was pregnant he told her to get rid of it, Crystal refused, so of course he left her.

"Well Crystal is coming to visit Friday we can have our Waiting to Exhale moment." I laughed wanting to see both my girls.

"OK..." Kia began but the door bell rang before she could finish her sentence.

"Kia hold on for a second." I ran out of the bedroom to the banister. "Justin can you get that? I'll be down in a sec. I'm just taking a shower!" I yelled I ran back to the laptop "Kia I got to go babe talk to you soon."

"Alight. Love you." Kia replied and we ended our conversation.

I turned the laptop off and headed to get dressed. I looked at the clock, it was 5:35. I thought this meeting was supposed to be at 6:00. I sighed and lotioned myself before picking out red silk pajamas and slipping them on. I put my hair into a ponytail and headed down stairs where I heard Marcus and Johnny talking by the door.

“I’m sure Jen knows we’re coming,” Marcus smiled and I walked up behind Johnny. As I did so so did Trace.

“Of course I knew you were coming,” I said walking up to them, “Kia let me know this morning when I called her.”

“And why didn’t you tell me?” Justin asked angrily and I shrugged, glancing over to Trace.

"Kia said Trace would tell you" I went over to hug Marcus and Johnny "Good afternoon."

“Afternoon Jen,” Marcus replied as Justin bickered with Trace, I managed to tune him out.

“Let’s go into the kitchen so we can talk about this,” Johnny said and I nodded but Justin just looked confused.

“This?” Justin asked and raised a questioning eyebrow, he was so dumb sometimes.

“Yes,” Johnny stated and then looked me, “This arrangement?”

“Oh right.” It registered in Justin's mind what he was talking about and we all headed into the kitchen while Trace disappeared back into the den. We walked in and Justin sat next to me at the Kitchen table.

“So Kia didn’t really say what this was all about…” I began and looked at Johnny and Marcus.

“I know,” Marcus nodded and looked at Johnny, who nodded, before continuing. “Well Johnny and I were talking and we think we should release another statement and photo.” That was understandable.

“What?” Both Justin and I asked together and Justin looked at me all wild eyed.

“Like a date? But why? I thought we already did that,” he said and Marcus nodded, but Johnny cut in.

“Yes you did,” Johnny said, “But you know how the rumors have been flying lately. They’re saying that you two have been fighting and are considering divorce.” Johnny glared at Justin, and I could swear he sunk two feet into his chair.

“And it won’t be exactly a photo shoot,” Marcus added and glanced at Johnny briefly, “It would be more of a shopping trip and we’d have the paps informed of when and where you were going to be.”

“And especially after your little stunt…” Johnny warned, referring to Justin’s escapades the night before.

“Well it wasn’t really a stunt…” Justin began but and I rolled my eyes at him, kicking him lightly under the
table.

“Well he’s sorry for that; he just had a rough day that’s all. And we’re not fighting,” I smiled and looked at him, “But if it’ll make you feel better we’ll release a statement saying we’re happy and have photos to prove it.”

“Great!” Marcus grinned and looked at Johnny who nodded as well. Justin groaned.

“After all I did make a promise to help Justin,” I said reached over and took Justin’s hand in mine, lifting them so they were on the table and in view of Johnny and Marcus to see. “And I don’t back out of my promises, especially if they’re for a friend.”

I glanced at Justin, and his eyes were nearly out of their sockets as he tried to squirm away from me.

“Well I’m glad you two are getting along,” Johnny smiled and looked at Justin, “You okay with this kid?”

“I...” Justin stuttered and nodded with a defeated sigh.

“He is,” I answered for him and rubbed my thumb over his hand.

“Good,” Johnny said and stood up giving Marcus the cue to stand up too. “Well, we’ll see you kids later ok? When we get the statement sorted then we’ll call you and let you know about the time and place. And remember kid, you’re leaving for Australia Friday night.”

We both nodded, and I let go of Justin’s hand and stood up.

“Let me walk you out,” I said but Johnny stopped her and looked at Justin.

“That’s okay Jen,” he smiled and gave me a hug, “You better stay here and look after the kid. It looks like he needs you.” I began to respond but Marcus silenced her with a nod.

“Johnny’s right Jen,” Marcus said and hugged me, “Looks like he needs you. I’ll call you later and check in alright?”

“Alright,” I nodded and sat back down as the two men said their goodbyes and quietly left. Leaving both me and Justin speechless in the kitchen.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story