Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok i know we've been away far too long but we had some issues (mainly me and some personal tragedy) but all is well now and here is the new chapter and hopefully updates will be more frequent as we're starting chapter 9 on the weekend... so please enjoy and review!!
Chapter 8.

Justin.


"Alright munchkin," I said as I picked up a wailing Sara from her bassinet and cradled her to my chest. "You need to turn the volume down a bit."

I sniffled a yawn and glanced over to the bed, where Jen lay fast asleep with her hands tucked neatly under her head and smiled. She looked so peaceful and I really didn't want to wake her up, but with Sara wailing like a banshee that was going to be hard. So humming the first few notes of my grand momma's lullaby I began taking Sara out the room and into the hallway.

It was still fairly dark, and glancing at the clock on the wall it was still early, around eight am. Sara had quieted down now, her eyes lulling closed as she pressed her small body to me and her small hand grasped my shirt, that I was willing to risk a trip to the kitchen and heat up a bottle. I had somewhat become an expert on baby maintenance in the past week.

The week itself had been a mixture of emotions for everyone, especially Jen. Sometimes I would find her alone in the bedroom, curled up on the bed crying. She missed her friend, and the only thing I knew helped was Sara. Often when I found her crying, I would get Sara and place her gently on the bed beside Jen, who would immediately look up and her tears would be dry. The smile on her face at those times was infectious.

Sara and I made our way downstairs and into the kitchen, already finding it semi-full with my mamma by the stove cooking something and Trace and Kia sitting closely side-by-side at the table drinking what looked like coffee.

"Good morning," my mother said and turned around and watched me walk in. I stopped humming and Sara immediately woke up again. "How was your night?"

"It was good," I grinned and patted Sara's back, "But I think Sara needs a bottle. She woke up wailing like crazy, I'm surprised Jen didn't wake up." My mother smiled and nodded, reaching behind her for a bottle that was already heated.

"I thought so," she said and beckoned for us to walk over, "I heard the noise a few moments ago."

"No wonder I love you," I smiled and walked over to her before kissing her forehead, "You know exactly what to do."

"That's what mothers do," she said and held out her arms to take Sara. I shook my head and took the bottle from her.

"It's ok mamma," I said and readjusted Sara with my other arm, "I got it."

She smiled with a nod and glanced over to the table where Trace and Kia were sitting, totally oblivious to the fact that I had just walked in with a screaming baby.

"She's really good for him," mamma commented referring to Kia and I nodded, she had always seen Trace like a son since he'd hung around with me so often when we were younger, she was always worried about his life like she was mine.

"She is," I agreed and gave Sara her bottle, while looking at my friend, "Hey shorty."

"Hey man," Trace said, snapping the two of them out of their conversation as I walked over and mamma went back to her cooking, "Didn't see you guys come in." I laughed and rolled my eyes as I sat down with them at the table.

"You didn't see anything but each other," I said with a wicked grin and leaned back in the chair before glancing down at Sara, "Isn't that right munchkin?"

"Munchkin?" Trace asked laughing and looked at Kia, "I think he's officially gone crazy. He's talking to a baby."

"Hey!" I smiled and looked up at him, "You do it to! So don't act all innocent."

"I wasn't," Trace grinned and leaned on the table with his elbows, "I was just stating a fact. So what's the plan for today?"

"You are going out to buy groceries," my mamma said from the stove over-hearing our conversation, "We've run out of a lot of stuff. Honestly Justin I don't know how you survive in this house."

"Frozen pizza," I replied and she sighed shaking her head at me.

"Yes well you have a family to take care of you know," she smiled and turned off the stove before walking over to us, "So I'm afraid frozen pizza won't do."

"Fine," I said dramatically causing everyone to laugh, "I'll go, but only if these two love birds come with me. I wouldn't want to be caught by the photo hogs alone with Sara."

"Well you can leave Sara here with me until everyone else wakes up," she said and sat down, " And you'll need to take Tiny anyways."

"What about them?" I asked looking and Kia and Trace who both looked at me with open mouths. "I need to take them too. I can't find my way around a store and neither can Trace, you know that. We need a woman with us, so Kia has to come too."

"You are useless," my mother laughed and looked at Trace then and Kia, "Will you two along? Kia you can keep them out of trouble for me."

"Sure Lynn," Kia smiled and looked at Trace and I, "I'll keep them in line."

"Good," mamma replied and stood back up, "But before any of that let me make y'all some breakfast. Can't do groceries on an empty stomach."


"Are we done now?" Trace whined as I picked out the particular cheddar cheese my mother wanted and dumped it into the shopping cart.

"Yup," I nodded and wiped my hands on my jeans, "Where's Kia?"

"How should I know?" Trace asked, "Last I saw she was walking down the feminine product aisle."

"Too much info," I said and wrinkled my nose, grabbing the cart from Trace and wheeling it down the aisle. "Tiny let's get the hell outta here!"

"Keep your voice down," Tiny hissed coming around the corner and shaking his head at me, "Do you want to attract more attention?"

"What do you mean more?" Trace asked for me as I began to answer but was cut off and Tiny nodded to the front of the store. I groaned.

"Shit paps," I said and rolled my eyes, "Trace go get your lover so we can go."

"But J..." Trace began and I shook my head pointing in the direction of the aisle Kia was at.

"Go," I demanded and continued to head to the cashier without waiting for his reply. We reached the cashier and as we did so Trace returned with Kia, looking red as a beetroot.

"Ok so why are we..." Kia began but her voice trailed off as there as a click and her eyes drifted to the doors of the doors. "Crap. How did they know we were here?"

"One guess," I stated and looked around us at all the cashiers and customers who were staring at us, "Let's just pay for this stuff then we can go."

"Ok," Trace agreed and began piling things on to the conveyor belt and I looked at the cashier who was still staring at me dumbly.

"Hello?" I asked and waved my hands in front of her face, Tiny batted them down.

"J," Tiny hissed in my ear and shook his head at me before looking at the cashier, "Miss? Would you mind?" I just shook my head and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Look missy," I stated and glared at her, "If you aren't going to help us I want to talk to your manager. This is appalling customer service!"

"Justin!" Tiny sighed aspirated and I shook my head, knowing that my comments had just snapped the cashier out of her trance. "Miss please can you serve us? We'd hate to call the manager for something so small."

"Small?" I almost shrieked and looked at Tiny who gave me a warning glare and smiled at the cashier. "This is not..."

"Trace, please take him to the car. I'll take care of this," Tiny asked ignoring me and looking at Trace then the cashier, "Sorry."

"And I'll help," Kia put in, obviously not wanting to anywhere with my crazy self. I glared at them all and shook my head.

"I am not a child he will not just 'take' me anywhere! I can go by myself!" I ranted, now my patience was wearing thin. I needed to go home and see Jen and Sara before I lost it completely.

"Justin!" Trace snapped, getting impatient with my attitude and grabbing my arm, "Let's go wait in the car ok? Kia and Tiny will finish up here."

"Fine," I mumbled and reluctantly let Trace lead me out the store as Tiny and Kia finished paying.

The paps must have obviously heard my little rant, because they were swarming all over us. Flashing their fancy ass cameras and making smart ass comments about all sorts of things.

"Justin!" someone called and I ignored them, "Where's Jen!"

"Justin! How's life as a father?"

"How did we not know Jen was pregnant?"

"Why the secrecy?"

"Are you ashamed of her?" I spun around at the last comment, causing Trace to fall to the ground and hastily pick himself up as I did so.

"I'm not ashamed of anyone but you!" I snapped glaring around and causing a few more clicks to go off, Trace re-grabbed my arm.

"J..." he warned and I shrugged him off.

"Then why won't you talk about her?" one of them asked and I glared around the lot, my blood pressure was getting the best of me.

"Because," I hissed as Trace grabbed my arm again, "That's personal shit!"

"Justin!" Trace said and tugged on my arm, "Let's go before you say something you'll regret."

"I won't regret shit," I snapped and glared at him, "As long as these ass wipes are around I'll..."

"Watch your mouth," someone called as more flashes went off, "You won't want Sara to hear her daddy talk like that now would you? Justin Timberlake the perfect daddy not so perfect after all."

"Who told you her name?" I bellowed glaring around and spotting the podgy little guy who had just spoken. He was stunned into silence by my outburst. "Who? Answer me!"

"Justin let's go," Trace snapped and finally managed to pull me away, "You're just provoking them." We reached the car and he yanked the door open, shoving me inside. "Get in."

"I wasn't finished!" I snapped as Trace pushed me aside and slammed the door shut as he climbed in behind me.

"Yes you were," Trace stated and glared at me, "Crap." He sighed and leaned back against the seat shaking his head. "Johnny is going to hate this."

"Hate what?" I asked, "The fact that I was protecting my family against those devils?"

"Protecting them?" Trace asked glaring at me, "Is that what you think you were doing? Because it didn't look like it to me. You were just creating more problems for her. Jesus Justin do you ever think about anyone but yourself?"

"What? Of course I do!" I snapped.

"Well it doesn't look like it to me," Trace said and shook his head, "I can just see the headlines, Justin Timberlake makes an ass out of himself. AGAIN. You know Jen is going out to film the movie next week right? Or did you forget about that while you were off your rocker?"

"I was..." I began but the trunk doors swung open and Tiny's angry face appeared behind us.

"Justin!" he warned and I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I asked, and Tiny shook his head.

"What did you do now?" Tiny asked as he placed the bags in the back, "Because there's a lot of spewing going on out here."

"Does it matter?" Kia asked from behind him and placing a few more bags down, "Let's just get in the car and go home. We'll talk about it on the way home."

"Alright" Tiny nodded and stepped back slamming the doors shut as Kia walked round the car and climbing into the passenger seat before he did so to.

The ride home was quiet, and we got home after twenty minutes. It was the longest twenty minutes of my life as everyone glared at me from their seats silently.


"Hey we're back!" Kia called as we entered the house and walked into the kitchen to find it empty with no one but Darnell ready to open up the bags and start unpacking.

"Good," Darnell smiled, oblivious to the events that had just occurred, "Now I can start making dinner. Kia honey can you help me unpack?"

"Sure," Kia nodded and grabbed something from one of the bags, "Trace?"

"I'll help too," Trace replied, he was clearly avoiding me as he opened one of the bags.

"Well here's the last one," Tiny said coming in and placing the last bag on the counter, "I'm gonna head out."

"Alright," I nodded and Tiny gave me a stern look of warning, "I'll call you if we go out."

"Ok," Tiny nodded and turned to leave as mamma and Julia entered the room.

"Hi guys," I greeted as they both walked in and my mamma walked over to me.

"Hi honey," mamma smiled and kissed my cheek, "How was shopping? Uneventful?"

"He wishes," Trace mumbled from the other side of the kitchen and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, pretty much," I replied and kissed her cheek, "Where's my beautiful wife? Has she woken up?"

"Yup, she's in the den with Sara," Julia informed me and I smiled in appreciation before jogging out of the room to find her before anyone said anything about our little trip to her. I walked into the den to find Jen feeding Sara on the couch, they looked perfect together.

"You look just like your mother," Jen said talking to Sara. I smiled and walked over behind them, kissing Jen's lips then her cheek causing her to jump.

"She does look like her mother," I whispered in her ear and moved from behind her to sit on the couch beside her.

"I wish that Crystal got the chance to see her," Jen said, looking up at me and I nodded.

"I know," I said playing with Sara's foot and making funny faces at her to make her laugh. "You want to tell me what that kiss was about when we brought her home?" Jen asked, causing me to sit up in surprise.

"What?" I asked confused. What kiss was she talking about?

"You kissed me usually you kiss me when someone is around but last night we were alone?" Jen reminded me. Oh that kiss.

"Oh well that was just an impulse," I said, pretending as if it meant nothing.

"Yea ok," Jen said with a smirk and tried to change the subject. "What did you guys buy from the store?"

"The usual," I replied scratching my beard, "Paps were all over the place."

"Really?" Jen asked and I nodded.

"Yea I started to bring Sara with me but mamma suggested that I didn't," I said and she smiled.

"I'm glad she did, otherwise I would have killed you if something happened to her," she replied and I nodded.

"I would have killed myself also if something happened to her," I said and we laughed.


"That pot roast was really good," mamma said smiling at Darnell. We had just finished dinner and I nodded.

"Well I'm glad you liked it," Darnell replied and I nodded.

"It was really good Darnell," I said getting up, "I'll get the dishes."

"Wow Jenny you caught a good one. A man who offers to do the dishes," Darnell said suprised.

"I know," Jen said rubbing my back and I turned to look at her with a wink.

"Well hopefully I will get something in return tonight," I said with a smirk.

"OOOH well I won't be suprised to hear a little something somethin from yall's room," Julia said with a smirk and I felt myself go beet red.

"Julia you need to be quiet," Jen said to her sister and I sighed in relief.

"You didn't deny it," Julia commented.

"Julia it will be on tonight ok?" I asked getting our plates from the table causing Julia to laugh.

"Justin!" Jen said playing with the baby monitor. I was about to reply when the door bell rang. "I'll get it."

"Okay," I nodded and leaned forward to kiss her as she got up and left the room, "And I'll get these to the sink."

No one was really listening and I sighed as I moved to the sink, winking at Sara (who was lazily sleeping in her baby seat) in the process, and placing the dishes in the sink.

"So have you told Jen about what happened today?" Kia's voice asked, causing me to jump and notice her standing beside me and placing dishes in the sink as well.

"What?" I asked and looked at her as I turned on the taps, "Of course I did."

"Really?" Kia asked and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Of course," I lied and pulled on some rubber gloves, "Well okay I didn't tell her everything."

"Well when are you going to tell her everything?" Kia asked and I shrugged, "She needs to know Justin."

"Why?" I questioned and turned around so we were facing each other, "To cause her more stress? She's had so much stress this past week with Crystal and everything."

"And I haven't?" Kia asked and I shook my head.

"That's not what I mean," I said, "Of course you have been through the same but have you had to raise a baby as well? No. Jen has been through a lot as it is. I'm just protecting her."

"From what Justin?" Kia asked and crossed her arms across her chest, "If you haven't forgotten Jen's shooting the movie next week and with the craziness you caused....."

"I caused?" I asked and scowled at her, "I didn't cause anything okay? They caused it."

"Okay maybe they did," Kia reasoned and I nodded, "But do you know what they will write? And the consequences for Jen and Sara?"

"Is everything alright?" Trace asked walking up and I rolled my eyes as Kia shook her head and allowed him to wrap an arm around her.

"Yeah it is," I lied and glared at Kia before turned back to the dishes, that girl was getting on my nerves. I picked up the sponge and placed some soap on it as I began to scrub the dishes.

"Justin?" Jen's voice asked in my ear, causing me to jump like ten feet in the air and splashing water everywhere in the process. "Johnny's here."

"Shit," I muttered and grabbed a cloth to wipe up the mess, "Johnny? What is he doing here?"

"Yeah," Jen smiled and placed a hand on my arm, "Is everything alright? He said something about a meeting?"

"Meeting?" I asked and sighed, "Oh yeah. Trace told me that this morning."

"Okay," Jen nodded and took the cloth from me, "Why don't you go see him? I'll finish up here."

"Okay," I nodded and peeled off my gloves and handing them to her, "See you in a bit ok?"

"Ok," she smiled and I leaned forward to kiss her, I had been doing that a lot lately.

"I'll be back."


"Hey Johnny," I said as I stepped into the den to see my manager standing with his back to me by the fireplace.

"Hey kid," Johnny half smiled, turning around to face me. I knew something was wrong and I gulped. "Heard you had quite a day."

"You could say that," I nodded and walked further into the room nervously. "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"I wanted to discuss the tour, and other things," Johnny stated and I nodded. I had wanted to talk to him about that, I didn't want to go back on tour. Not now anyways.

"Okay," I replied and shuffled on my feet, "Um, when can we start?"

"Well I've booked the flights for day after tomorrow," Johnny began and I looked at him sharply. "It'll give you time to say goodbye to Jen and the baby."

"Can I make a suggestion?" I asked and Johnny nodded, allowing me to continue. "Can we reschedule the flights for a week or so? I just.. now's not a good time for me to start again."

"But kid," Johnny began and walked over to place a hand on my shoulder, "The arenas are booked and tickets sold. People paid to come see you, you can't let them down."

"I know," I sighed and rubbed my chin, "But I can't let down my family either. Jen's in such a fragile state. And you know Johnny, family always comes first."

"I know but kid..." Johnny began and I shook my head.

"No Johnny," I sad and looked him in the eye, "I don't care. My wife needs me. I need to stay here."

"And your fans need you to Justin," Johnny stated, "Look if you're worried about Jens safety I can hire a few more guards to look after them ok? But you need to go back out on tour."

"But Jen..." I began and Johnny shook his head.

"Jen will understand. Besides I'm sure she wouldn't want you to let down the fans," Johnny said and patted my back, "Now get prepared to leave in two days alright? I need to go and get some stuff finalized but I'll call Tiny and let him know when to pick you up and give Trace the details."

"Okay," I sighed in defeat and Johnny smiled at me.

"Don't worry kid," Johnny said and looked at me as he walked out, "Everything's gonna be okay."


"Justin, we need to talk." I groaned and turned around as I heard Kia walked into the room a few minutes after Johnny had left.

"I thought we were done talking," I told her and saw her standing by the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest with an angry expression on her face.

"No we weren't," she stated and walked a few steps into the room. "You are such an asshole."

"What did I do now?" I asked with a sigh and rolled my eyes at her, I didn't have time for this. I had to go talk to Jen about going back out on tour.

"What did you do now?" she repeated and glared at me, "How about you called Jen a fat ass hoe looking for her next trick?"

"What?" I almost shrieked and glared back at her, "I... that's none of your business."

"When it comes to Jen it is," Kia stated and I snorted.

"Well this is between me and her. Between husband and wife. You are not included in that conversation ok?" I informed her, "And besides that's in the past."

"Funny, that's what she said too," Kia replied and I stared at her.

"She did?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, "And let me guess she also told you to stay out of it too?"

"Well..." Kia began but I cut her off.

"I thought so," I snapped and eyed her angrily, "Some friend you are, going behind her back like this."

"It's not like that," Kia retorted, "I'm protecting her."

"From what?" I asked, "From me? The big bad wolf?"

"No from your ego," Kia snapped back and I rolled my eyes, "You always think you're so great, as if we all owe you something for falling into this big hoax with you."

"This big hoax?" I asked, "You think I tricked Jen into marrying me? If you forget she agreed to marry me to help me out okay? She knew what she was doing No one tricked her into anything."

"That's what you think," Kia retorted, "If you really knew her you would know that she had no say in it. She just did it because she had to."

"If you really believe that then you must be really stupid," I snapped with a hoarse laugh wondering why at that moment Trace liked her so much. "Jen would never allow anyone tell her what to do. She does things because she wants to."

"Well she didn't want this," Kia snapped back and I shook my head.

"Really?" I asked, "Then why did she sign that
paper?" And without waiting for her mumbled response I stormed out of the room, going to find Jen before Kia did.


"So what did Johnny say?" Jen asked as I walked into the bedroom a little later. She was lying on the bed, playing with Sara who giggled happily.

"Nothing much," I replied shrugging and pulling my sweatshirt over my head with a yawn.

"Did he mention when you're going back out on tour?" Jen asked, sitting up a bit more and looking at me. I looked back at her and walked over to the bed, sitting down beside Sara and nodded.

"Yeah," I said and gently took a hold of Sara's foot, "Hey munchkin."

"And?" Jen persisted and I glanced up at her.

"He said day after tomorrow," I answered and noticed her face fall a bit, "I tried to get out of it but..."

"No," Jen smiled and reached over Sara to take my arm, "It's okay. Your fans need you so you should go."

"But what about you and Sara?" I asked, "It's too early after..."

"We'll be fine," Jen assured me and moved her hand to sir on Sara's other foot, "Did you talk to him about extra security for us?"

"Yeah he said he'll organize it," I replied with a sigh and leaned back on the bed, "Has she eaten yet?"

"Yeah I just gave her a bottle," Jen replied seeing that I wanted to change the subject pretty quick.

"Good," I nodded and offered her a half smile. Jen smiled back and picked Sara up softly.

"Come on Sar-Sar," she cooed and held the baby to her breast, "Time for bed."

Sara giggled as Jen slowly moved off the bed and towards the crib. I watched as Jen placed the baby down in her crib and sang a soft lullaby to calm her down. Jen was a natural with Sara.

"Come on let's get some sleep," I said once Jen had finished her song and was readjusting Sara's blanket on top of her. Jen nodded and stood up slowly, turning to face me as she did so.

"I'm really going to miss you when you go," she told me, and I stared at her wondering if she meant it. But recently things had changed between us, and I knew she meant it.

"Me too," I replied, and she looked at me curiously, "I mean I'm gonna miss you too." She smiled slightly and moved back to the bed, pulling back the covers as she climbed in beside me.

"This week has been really hard for me," she admitted after a while and I nodded, as I knew what she meant and moved closer to her.

"I know it has," I told her and without knowing it wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her to me, startling her slightly. "But you know what? I'm really proud of you."

"You are? Why?" she asked, wondering what I meant and looked up at me, her beautiful brown eyes brimming with tears.

"Why? Because you've... well you've been so strong. Not only for yourself but Sara as well," I replied and leaned forward to place a kiss on her forehead, "And that takes real courage."

Jen glanced back up at me, and then on her own accord she leaned up to kiss me with a smile, "Thank you Justin. That means a lot to me. Thank you."


"Justin?"

"Hmm?" I murmured running my and through Jen's hair and nibbling slightly on her bottom lip.

"Justin," Jen said against my lips and I pulled her closer to me and ran my left hand up and down her side. "Justin!"

"What?" I asked finally pulling away from her for a moment before kissing her again. I could hear her sigh underneath my lips and it made me weak at the knees.

"Justin," Jen laughed slightly, "Justin it's your turn to feed Sara."

"In a bit," I replied and snaked my tongue through her lips, which she managed to push back and squeeze her lips shut.

"No," she said and pushed back as she grabbed both my shoulders, "Now, she's crying like crazy."

"But baby," I whined and grabbed her hands from my shoulders as I pulled her closer.

"Baby?" she asked me with a raised eyebrow, "Come on Justin wake up."

"I am awake!" I said wrapping my arms around her waist.

"No you're not," she replied, "So come on wake up!" Just then I felt a great shake as she placed both hands back on my shoulders and shook them violently.

"Hey!" I called, but she just shook her head at me and smiled, "Come on! Okay I'll wake up!"



I woke up with a sore head, and looked around me. Jen was sleeping peacefully beside me and I frowned, wondering about my dream. I sighed heavily, glancing at the clock which read 9:30am. I was late.

"Jen?" I asked leaning over to her side of the bed and placing a hand on her shoulder causing her to shrug slightly but not move. "Alright, I guess I'm the only one awake."

I nodded and climbed out of bed, before stumbling towards the bathroom to take a nice hot shower before getting ready for the day. I wanted to make my last day at home with Jen special, and in order to do that I had a lot of calls to make, the first one was meant to be an hour ago.

I entered the bathroom and closed the door behind me before turning to the shower and turning on the hot water faucet. Soon a small steam filled the room and I stripped myself of all my clothes and climbed into the shower.

It was nice, the water was hot and it gave me a few minutes to myself as I lathered up and thought of what I was going to do that day. I needed to convince Jen to part with Sara for the night, as well as leave the house. Jen hadn't left the house in a while, not since the accident and she needed it. She needed a say to just relax and have fun.

The shower was begriming to get cold, and as I turned off the taps and thought about calling Trace to get a masseuse to come over for Jen I heard something at the door. Curiosity got the better of me, and I stepped out of the shower only to see Jen staring at me from the doorway.

I smiled slightly at her, and waited for a moment as she lifted her head and our eyes locked for a moment. I heard her take in a sharp breath before she finally let a small smile creep onto her face out of shyness.

"Sorry," she mumbled and turned her face slightly away a moment later and I shook my head with a smile.

"It's okay," I said and grabbed the white towel that was on the towel rack beside the shower. "I should have closed the door."

"Well..." she stuttered and covered up her eyes as well, I hid the urge to laugh. "I'm gonna wake up Sara."

"Ok," I nodded and watched as she hurriedly stepped out of the room and closed the door tightly behind her.



Jennifer.


I woke up with my palms sweaty and my leg feeling weak. The past week had been the worst week of my life and some what joyous. I lost a friend but became a momma at the same time.

I rolled over to see the empty space next to me and the clock on the night stand read 1:45pm. I never slept this late. I got out of bed, limped over to the fireplace and grabbed my crutches and left the room.

When I opened the door I could smell this aroma of something sweet, like peach cobbler, momma must have been making granny's famous cobbler, and headed down the hall to find Julia.

"Hey it's sleeping beauty herself," Julia said meeting me in the hall.

"Good morning or should I say good afternoon?" I asked.

"Afternoon," she said leading me to her guest room. I sat in the chair near the door while she unpacked some of her things. "So you never answered my question."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said. Did she remember that I was on drugs for half of the week? She put her suitcase in the corner and sat on the bed across from me.

"What's the sex like?" she asked with a goofy grin and I stared at her.

"What!? Why are you asking me this?" I wanted to know, why did everyone want to know?

"Because Jenny, you up and married a man who we've never even met or heard about and when I come home Momma tells me your married then two days later it's all over the news. I think I deserve a answer, so tell me," she said.

"It's nice," I lied, not really knowing what or how to explain it.

"Nice? Girl I want details. I know you were a virgin so you didn't have anyone to compare him to but everyone says he has a big package so is it true?" she asked, with a wicked grin. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"Yeah," I said and she nodded.

"Ok here we go. We're making progress," she commented, "You guys didn't go on a honeymoon did you?" She was too damn nosy for her own good.

"Umm...no we got married in a hotel suite and spent the night there," I said, playing with my wedding band nervously.

"Go on. What happened that night?" she asked with a nod. I hadn't even got the chance to think of a what I was going to say when it just came out.

"Well Justin is very romantic, the room was filled with candles all around. The floor was covered with red, pink and white rose petals you couldn't even see what color the floor was," I elaborated and she rolled her eyes impatiently at me.

"Ok and you know," she said moving her head.

"Oh well he was very gentle..." I began but stopped, she didn't need to know the rest that didn't happen, that was private. Or supposed to be anyways. "Julia this is between Justin and I so that's all you get."

"I understand it's none of my business anyway," she said with a sigh.

"I wish you would have said that in the beginning," I said rolling my eyes at her.

"I was just testing you and what you would say?'" she said.

"Yeah right," I replied not believing her so Julia changed the subject.

"I want you to know that you don't have to worry about the funeral. Momma and I will take care of it," she said, great she knew exactly how to change the mood too. I had forgotten all about that. My mind had been on Justin and Sara so I didn't even think about funeral arrangements.

"Thanks," I said and tried to continue the conversation without it getting weird. "I have to go back to New York next Thursday and Justin goes back on tour soon so I haven't really thought about the funeral, I'm kind of glad that I didn't."

"Well I'm glad too. You've got too much on your plate," Julia smiled and sat up, "And speaking of plates, something smells good." Julia was a woman with a lot of jelly but she never let that get her down. I think she's the reason why I don't let Hollywood get to me.

"It smells like cobbler," I stated and got up slowly.

"Come on lets go," she said coming over and helping me out of the chair and leading me down stairs.

When we walked down the stairs the smell got stronger, it was kind of making me nauseated. When we walked in the kitchen Julia dashed for the cobbler leaving me for myself, I saw my mother by the stove and Lynn holding Sara and quickly closing what looked like a catalog.

"There's the Misses of the house," Lynn said with a smile as they both looked up.

"Here I am," I said going along with her. I walked over to the stool by the island to sit. "How is she?"

"She's fine," Lynn replied knowing I was referring to Sara, "Justin said you were sleeping so hard you didn't hear her cry this morning." She handed me a sleeping Sara and I adjusted her on my shoulder.

"Where is everyone?" I asked looking around and my momma shrugged.

"Justin, Kia, Trace and Tiny all went to the market to get some groceries," my momma said.

"Oh ok has she had her bottle yet?" I asked Lynn.

"No not yet would you like me to make it?" she asked.

"Do you I think she's going to wake up soon?" I asked. While I was in the hospital Justin and I had a intimate baby class on how to take care of Sara, you know the usual bathing, changing diapers, and feeding. "I think I would like to feed her in the den." Julia took Sara and helped me into the den soon as I sat down on the couch she woke up. "Right on time." Julia picked up the blanket that was on the end of the couch and helped put it on my shoulder. Sara was screaming at this point "Yeah I know." Julia handed me Sara. I cradled her in my arms and fed her her bottle.

"Hey! were back." Kia said.

"Let me to see what they brought back are you ok?" Julia asked.

"Yea I'm fine." I said looking at Sara. "You look just like your mother."

She had her mothers big brown eyes and puffy cheeks, black curls on her head and light brown skin tone. She did have Curtis' nose. I jumped when I felt lips hitting my cheek and neck.

"She does look like her mother," Justin said. I kind of half smiled as I kept thinking about that night and what he said to me. We never got to really talk about it. He said he was sorry but calling someone out of their name is no excuse. I watched him move from behind the couch and sit next to me.

"I wish that Crystal got the chance to see her," I said.

"I know." Justin said playing with Sara's foot and making funny faces to make her laugh.

"You want to tell me what that kiss was about last night?" I asked after a while causing him to jump slightly.

"What?" Justin didn't know what I was talking about.

"You kissed me. Usually you kiss me when someone is around but last night we were alone," I said and he sighed realizing.

"Oh well that was just an impulse," he said.

"Yea ok," I said with a smirk. "What did you guys buy form the store?"

"The usual. Paps were all over the place," he said scratching his beard.

"Really?"

"Yea I started to bring Sara with me but mamma suggested that I didn't," Justin said and I looked at him.

"I'm glad she did otherwise I would have killed you if something happened to her," I told him and he nodded.

"I would have killed myself also if something happened to her," he said and we laughed.


Later in the day


"That pot roast was really good." Lynn said smiling at my momma.

"Well I'm glad you liked it." momma said.

"Yeah it was good. I'll get the dishes," Justin said standing up.

"Wow Jenny. You caught a good one. A man who offers to do the dishes," momma said suprised

"I know," I said rubbing Justin's back as he turned to wink at me.

"Well hopefully I will get something in return tonight," he said with a smirk.

"OOOH well I won't be suprised to hear a little somethin somethin from yall's room" Julia said with a smirk.

"Julia you need to be quiet," I said, noticing Justin getting a bit uncomfortable.

"You didn't deny it," Julia said.

"Julia it will be on tonight ok?" Justin commented getting his and mine plates from the table causing Julia to scream with laughter.

"Justin!" I said playing with the baby monitor nervously as the door bell rang saving me. "I'll get it."

"Okay," Justin agreed, kissing me as I stood up, "And I'll get these to the sink." I nodded and went to the door, opening it to find Johnny standing before me.


"Hey Johnny," I said giving him a hug.

"Hey Jen. Is Justin ready for our meeting?" Johnny asked hugging me back as I looked at him questioningly.

"Meeting?" I questioned.

"Trace didn't tell him," Johnny sighed and I shook my head.

"No he didn't. But come on inside we just finished dinner," I said and stepped back to let him in. "I'll go get Justin."


"Justin?" I asked in his ear, causing him to jump in the air and splashing water everywhere in the process. "Johnny's here."

"Shit," he muttered and grabbed a cloth to wipe up the mess, "Johnny? What is he doing here?"

"Yeah," I smiled and placed a hand on his arm, he seemed really nervous, "Is everything alright? He said something about a meeting?"

"Meeting?" He asked and sighed, "Oh yeah. Trace told me that this morning."

"Okay," I nodded and took the cloth from him, "Why don't you go see him? I'll finish up here."

"Okay," Justin nodded and peeled off his gloves and handing them to me, "See you in a bit ok?"

"Ok," I smiled and he leaned forward to kiss me, he had been doing that a lot lately.

"I'll be back," he said and walked out the kitchen. I watched him go before Kia walked in.

"Hey Jenny, you got a minute?" she asked.

"Sure." I said wiping out the sink and placing the cloth down.

"It's about Justin." she said making me sit on a nearby stool.

"What about him?" I asked with a smile, one that came up for some reason whenever someone mentioned his name.

"He said some things..." she started to say but I interrupted her.

"So you found out what he said to me before he left to go on tour?" I wanted to know, she looked at me and nodded.

"Huh...I...Umm...Yeah," Kia said and I knew she was lying to get the answer.

"Well Justin and I got into an argument because he thought that I was sleeping with J.C..." I explained and her face went red.

"What!?" Kia exclaimed.

"And so I obviously told him that I wasn't. Then he said that I was acting like a fat ass hoe looking for her next trick," I said calmly rubbing my leg to get some pressure off it.

"HE WHAT!?" Kia exclaimed.

"Will you be quiet? He's in a meeting. He said he was sorry and I've learned that life is too short to hold grudges," I said trying to calm her down but Kia was pacing back and forth. "Kia relax ok? It's over now."

"Oh it's not over! You know what? I am going in their right now," she said pointing to the room and I shook my head at her.

"No you're not," I said grabbing her arm. "Johnny does not need to know about that ok? It would make it even more mess ok?"

"Jennifer I'm not going to let this go," she said, and I knew she was mad. She would always use my full name when she was mad at me.

"Well you are," I snapped, she was now making me angry. I noticed Sara beginning to wake up out of the corner of my eye and looked at Kia. "Look I need to go check on Sara, please don't make this bigger than it already is." I got up from the stool. I was so tired I really didn't need this too.

"Yeah ok," Kia said giving in.

"Great," I said giving her a hug and pulling away, picking up Sara and heading out of the room.


After getting into it with Kia I decided to go to bed, I said my good nights to momma and Lynn then headed upstairs with Sara. I'd been spending a lot of time alone and I know that it isn't healthy but right then I wanted to be by myself to reflect on my situation.

I laid Sara in the bed next to me, getting her ready for the night and went to my side of the closet to pick out something for Sara to sleep in. Everything had been so hectic that Justin and I hadn't even gotten a room ready for her. I slipped her into her lavender pajamas with matching mittens, so she wouldn't scratch herself, and went into the closet to get myself ready for bed.

"So what did Johnny say?" I asked as Justin walked into the bedroom a little later as I was lying on the bed, playing with Sara who was cooing happily. I still couldn't believe how she had grown, it'd only been a little more than a week and she knew when I walked into the room. It was like we had a special language with each other.

"Nothing much," he replied shrugging and pulling his sweatshirt over his head with a yawn exposing his abs.

"Did he mention when you're going back out on tour?" I asked, sitting up a bit more and looking at him. he looked back at me and walked over to the bed, sitting down beside Sara and nodded.

"Yeah," he said and gently took a hold of Sara's foot, "Hey munchkin."

"And?" I persisted and he glanced up at me.

"He said day after tomorrow," he answered and he noticed my face fall a bit, "I tried to get out of it but..."

"No," I smiled and reached over Sara to take his arm, "It's okay. Your fans need you so you should go."

"But what about you and Sara?" he asked, "It's too early after..."

"We'll be fine," I assured him and moved my hand to play with Sara's other foot, "Did you talk to him about extra security for us?"

"Yeah he said he'll organize it," he replied with a sigh and leaned back on the bed, "Has she eaten yet?"

"Yeah I just gave her a bottle," I replied seeing that he wanted to change the subject pretty quick.

"Good," he nodded and offered me a half smile. I smiled back and picked Sara up softly.

"Come on Sar-Sar," I cooed and held the tiny baby to my breast, "Time for bed."

Sara gurgled as I slowly moved off the bed and towards the crib. Justin watched as I placed her down in her crib and sang a soft lullaby, an old hymn that my grandmother would sing to me, to calm her down.

"Come on let's get some sleep," Justin said once I had finished the song and was readjusting Sara's blanket on top of her. I nodded and stood up slowly, turning to face him.

"I'm really going to miss you when you go," I told him, even though he had been a real bastard in the past he had been really sweet, kind and caring about Sara lately that I felt that it wasn't just the Justin Timberlake show anymore.

"Me too," he replied, and I looked at him curiously, "I mean I'm gonna miss you too."

I smiled slightly and moved back to the bed, pulling back the covers as I climbed in beside facing him.

"This week has been really hard for me," I admitted after a while and he nodded, and moved closer to me.

"I know it has," he said and before I knew it he had wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him, startling me slightly. "But you know what? I'm really proud of you."

"You are? Why?" I asked, wondering what he meant and looked up at him.

"Why? Because you've... well you've been so strong. Not only for yourself but Sara as well," he replied and leaned forward to place a kiss on my forehead, "And that takes real courage."

I glanced back up at him, and leaned up to kiss him on the lips with a smile, "Thank you Justin. That means a lot to me. Thank you."


I woke up feeling a lot better than I had been in days. I looked over to see if Sara was still sleep which she was and looked on the night stand to see the time, 9:38 a.m. I heard the bathroom shower turn off and noticed the door was cracked, I started to get up and close it but before I could I saw something that made me think twice.

It was in slow motion. A reflected image in the mirror of a wet Justin Timberlake walking out of the shower. Water drops sliding down his tight abs to his navel and my eyes locked on his member, his very large pink member.

I looked back up to see his eyes looking at mine and I felt my breath get catch in my chest.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story