Story Notes:
Feedback is much appraciated. :-)

They say that ignorance is bliss but in this case I would like to strongly disagree. If I hadn’t been so blind I could have seen the best thing for me was right in front of my face! I knew that night after we made love that I wanted to be with her. I guess the problem was I didn’t really think she felt the same way. It was just a bad night for the both of us and it just looked as though we found comfort in each other’s arms. Maybe I was wrong though. Maybe if I had taken the time to find out she would be with me right now. I get snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

  

“Justin man are you almost ready? The car is here to pick us up!”

 

I turn towards the door and open it. “Yea sorry I’m ready.”

  

As I walk down the stairs I see Veronica sitting on the couch waiting for us to come down. She and I have been together for about a year and a half now. She’s great, a wonderful girl and beautiful, but I think I realized about 3 months into the relationship that I was just using her as an out. A way to escape how I was feeling and whom I really wanted to be with.

  

“And they say woman take for ever getting ready!” Veronica jokes.

 

I put on my cover up face so she doesn’t see anything wrong. “Yea well you know perfection takes time!”

 

“What ever, we better hurry up before we are late and then your little sister is gonna kill you and Trace!” Veronica states while heading for the door.

 

“You know the bad part about that is that Roni is right Na is gonna kick our ass if we’re late.” Trace laughed as he and his girlfriend Byrne headed out to the car.

   

I looked around the house to make sure everything was ok before I walked out the house. I set the alarm and proceeded to the car. I wasn’t even sure why I agreed to go. I didn’t want to see them there. Even though she is my best friend I don’t want to walk in the club and see him where I am suppose to be.

    

“Justin are you gonna stand there all night or are you gonna get in the car?” Veronica asked.

 

I snapped out of my daze. “What? Oh yea sorry.”

 

I get in the car thinking what have I gotten my self into?

 

***************************************************************************

 

“So who exactly is throwing this party for you?” He asked me while I put the finishing touches on my make-up.

 

“I told you already Misty is. Why are you acting so strange tonight?” I ask with a slight chuckle in my voice.

 

“Nothing is wrong with me I just wanna know who is throwing my girl a party.”

 

“That’s not it. You just wanna make sure it’s not something Justin is putting together.” I laugh.

 

“Why are you laughing? I don’t think anything I said was funny and one of the things I didn’t say was if I was making sure Justin wasn’t putting this party together.” He huffs.

   

I finish my make up and close the compact mirror and just look at Devon. He is so cute when he gets jealous. I don’t even know why he is so up tight about it. Justin and I aren’t even as close as we use to be. Yea we have the occasional outing or hanging at the others house. But out of respect for the significant others we gave back house keys, even Trace gave me back the key. I’m not saying that I am neglecting my friends it’s just that a lot has changed in the past year. I have a boyfriend who is crazy about me and vice versa.

 

We’re headed to North it’s a really hot club in West Hollywood. My best friend Misty is throwing me a party because of my big promotion at work. She is the only female that I can call a real true friend. I mean I get along with Trace’s girl but we’re not tight like that. I grew up with Justin and Trace and come on do you really think I would be all best buddy with Justin’s girlfriend? No I don’t think so.

   

“Is he gonna be there at all?” Devon asks breaking me out of my thoughts.

 

“Yes I’m sure he will be. Misty told me she invited him and Trace. But quit acting like that. I’m sure Veronica will be on his arm.” I say even though I really wish she wouldn’t be.

   

Devon makes a loud huffing noise as we pull into the parking lot of the club. To say that tonight is going to be interesting is in my opinion the understatement of the year.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story