It’s a good thing that coffee isn’t bad for a baby other wise I would be in trouble. I think I need the energy from the coffee to get me going. We’ve been here for about 10 minutes and already I can tell this conversation is going the same way it went before I told my parents what happened to make me break up with Devon. I see Justin coming back and I’m so grateful.

 

“Listen Mrs. Stewart I understand you want nothing more than for your son to be happy, but trust me I can’t be happy with him.” I say

 

“What was so bad that you can’t work it out? Did he cheat?” She asks sounding more and more desperate as the conversation goes on.

 

“No he didn’t I would probably be able to forgive that. Mrs. Stewart I really think you should talk to Devon and get him to tell you what’s going on." I say

 

Justin takes a set next to me and hands us our drinks. I can feel Mrs. Stewart eyeing Justin very carefully. I know she wants to ask something, but she’s just not sure how to go about it. Finally I can see in her eyes that she has figured out how to get out what she is thinking.

 

“Is he the reason why you two can’t be together anymore?” She finally asks.

 

I look over at Justin and smile. “No he’s not. He is just a really great friend.” I say

 

I can tell she really doesn’t believe that but I really don’t give a damn. We finally finish talking and head out. I just wanna go home and curl up in the bed right about now. I don’t want to do anything else in the least. I’m ready to lock myself away from the world and never come out. Justin and I get in the car. As we are driving back to my place I am so lost in thoughts that I don’t even notice we have made it back to my place.

 

“You gonna sit here all day or are you gonna come inside?” Justin asks.

 

I finally notice we are at my place and I slowly open the car door.

 

“Anais what did she say to you?”

 

I look up at Justin. Very rarely does he call me by my name.

 

“You know the same thing my mother was saying to me before she found out what really happened.” I say shrugging my shoulders.

 

“So why didn’t you tell her what really happened?” He asks

 

I sigh. “Justin it’s really not my place to say anything to them. It’s not even my problem to deal with. If he wants to go on letting them believe this is my fault then fine. As long as the people that I care about know the truth I am fine.”

 

We head up the stairs and to my apartment. As I step inside a rush of depression comes over me and suddenly I just don’t wanna be here anymore. I go into my room and grab my purse and car keys and head back out the door.

 

“Na where you going?” I hear Trace asks me.

 

“I really just need to get outta here.” I say on the verge of tears.

 

I see Justin get up and walk towards me.

 

“Come on I’ll go with you.” He says as he takes me in his arms

 

I pull away from him. “No Justin. I need to be alone for a little while. That means no you or Trace following me. Nor do I want either of you to get slick and try and send Misty after me.” I look over at Misty and I can see in her eyes she understands where I am coming from.

 

“Ok, Ok we got it. You want to be completely alone.” Trace says.

 

Justin looks a little hurt at that. “You want us to leave?” He asks barely above a whisper.

 

“Only if you want to. I don’t mind you staying here. I just need to get out of here for a little while. It has nothing to do with any of you. I just have so much on my mind.” I say.

 

I walk over to Misty and Trace and give them both hugs. Then as I walk up to Justin I can tell he is more and more hurt by the way the day is going. Justin more so than Trace has always wanted to protect me from the world. I give him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and I walk out the door.

  

I can’t believe I had to just do that. Watching her walk out the door knowing that she didn’t want me around. That really hurt. Then again I guess I can understand how she feels when I’m upset and I just want to be left alone. Although maybe just maybe the situations are a little different. Whatever the fact reminds that I just watched my heart walk out the door and I’m standing here looking as though she is never coming back!

 

“Hey man why don’t we use this time to talk to Misty about were we could take Na.” Trace suggests.

 

I nod my head and we head in the living room and we all take seats

 

“So where were you guys thinking of taking her?” Misty asks.

 

Trace shrugs. “I don’t know. Somewhere she can get her mind off of things and just relax for a little while. She has been under so much stress lately.”

 

“How about some place tropical?” Misty suggests.

 

“ That sounds good, but where exactly?” I ask

 

“Its gotta be some place we all agree on since we are all going.” Trace says.

 

Misty looks up kinda baffled by that statement. “You guys want me to go as well?” She asks shocked.

 

“Yea. Why wouldn’t we? We want Anais to have a good time and when the 4 of us are together we have a great time. Besides sometimes she would rather talk with you than horse around with us.” I say

 

“Are we talking some place she has been before and would like to go again or what?” Misty asks.

 

“I guess it doesn’t really matter. Just so long as she can relax.” Trace says.

 

“Well I have been reading about these private villas on the island of St. Thomas. A lot of celebs go there to get away from everyone and everything.” Misty says.

 

My eyes light up at that idea. No paparazzi, no fans, no Devon, no work, no one to bother her. It’s the perfect trip.

 

“You know what Misty that sounds like a great idea. I’m gonna make some calls and see what is the soonest we can get out of here.” I say as I grab my phone

  

“Now what could be making a beautiful girl like yourself cry so hard?” This annoying voice says and I can tell it’s dripping with sarcasm.

 

“None of your FUCKING BUSSINESS KYLE!!!” I scream at him “I don’t I repeat don’t need your bullshit today!”

 

“Oh little Miss Feisty are we? Serves you right for breaking up with Devon!” He says almost smugly.

 

“Don’t you have some frogs you need to be eaten by instead of bugging me?” I say

 

“You know he’ll take you back if you go crawling back to him.”

 

At that moment I was beyond pissed. All I really wanted was some time alone and this dumb ass just had to keep pushing me. I got up and as much as the urge was there to hit him. I walked passed him and got in my car. I however made a mental note that the next time Trace was in the vicinity of Kyle I would let him crush Kyle.

 

It had been a while since I left my apartment and even though I told them I wanted to be alone I knew if I was gone much longer Justin would send out a search party for me. I walked into the door not sure of what to expect. I heard the TV on and headed into the living where I found Misty and Trace watching a movie.

 

“Where’s J?” I ask

 

“In your room. Not sure if he’s sleep or not.” Trace says.

 

“How you doing babe?” Misty asks while engulfing me in a hug.

 

“I don’t know. I just feel really lost right now.” I say.

 

“You want anything to eat?” Trace asks

 

“Yea. I am kinda hungry. Can we order some Italian food?” I ask

 

“Sure no problem.” Trace says heading toward the kitchen to get the take out menu.

 

“Let me know when the foods here. I’m going to lay down for a while.” I say heading to my room.

 

I could tell as soon as I stepped in the room he wasn’t sleep. I crawled in the bed next to him and wrapped my arm around his waist.

 

“I’m glad you’re in here I feel like cuddling.” I say getting closer to him

 

I hear him chuckle and he wraps his arm around my back. “You feeling a little better?”

 

“No not really.” I reply honestly.

 

“Is there anything you need me to do?” He asks

 

“Yea just lay here with me for a while.”

 

“Did you eat anything while you were out?”

 

“A hotdog. Trace is ordering us some Italian food so I will eat something more filling when it gets here.”

 

 “We need to talk about something.” He says and it makes me a little nervous.

 

I move my head to look at him and he opens his eyes to stare at me for a second.

 

“Trace, Misty and I were talking and we think it’s a good idea that you get away for a little while. You have been dealing with so much shit over the last month and a half. So I booked us a Villa on the Island of St. Thomas and we can leave as soon as tomorrow if you wanted to.” He states.

 

I am completely speechless. I can’t believe they thought to do something like that for me. Getting away is exactly what I needed and wanted. I know for sure I could get the time off from work. So the only thing I could think to say was.

 

“Can we maybe leave tonight instead?”

  


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story