I would do anything for her and that includes making sure we could leave when she wanted to. After the food arrived I told Trace and Misty that Anais wanted to leave that night and gave them the option of going with us or meeting us out there. Of course seeing as how we all decided on this trip we were all going to make it that night.  We’re in the night sky and I’m watching Anais look out the window. I can tell she’s in lala land, but I’m not sure if she is really thinking on one particular thought.

 

“Clear skies tonight.” I say

 

She doesn’t turn away from the window but simply smiles. “Yea it is. I like being on planes at night rather than the day.” She laughs.

 

“Yea it’s been like that since we were younger. You also always had to have the window seat.” I laugh

 

She finally looks at me at me and rolls her eyes. “Whatever punk!”

 

“You know I think you are becoming a little to happy calling me a punk.” I say.

 

“Yea well if the shoe fits.” She says while looking at me.

 

I can’t even say anything at the moment. As I’m looking in her eyes I realize it’s the 1st time in a few days that her eyes aren’t sad. I hope this is the start of her feeling better. Seeing as we are on a private jet Trace and Misty are in the back watching a movie. I honestly believe they are gonna end up together, but hey what do I know. I break my stare with Anais when I hear Misty walk in.

 

“I’m not interrupting anything am I?”  She asks.

 

“Nope nothing at all.” I say facing her.

 

“Trace and I were just wondering if you guys wanted to watch a movie or something.”

 

I look over at Anais to see what she wants to do.

 

 “I don’t know. I’m really not into watching a movie right now. I kinda just wanna sit here and look out the window.” Anais replies.

 

“That’s cool. Well if you change your mind you know where we are.” She says walking back into the back room.

 

“You could have gone to watch the movie if you wanted to.” She says turning back to face the window.

 

“I know what I could have done, but I would rather stay here with you.”

 

********************************************************************************

 

He is just too sweet. He wants to make sure I am more than okay and I’m not sure when that is gonna happen. I can’t believe that my friends cared enough to come up with this whole idea to take me away to some island. To be honest it sounds wonderful and I can’t wait to get there. I have him here alone with me and the thought is entering my mind to just come out and say how I feel even though it probably won’t change a thing. Just as I am about to say something I hear the pilots voice come over the intercom telling us that we are about to land. Maybe this is a sign that I’m not supposed to say anything.

 

“I can’t believe we are almost there already. Seems like we just left LA.” I say

 

“Yea you know time flies when you aren’t paying attention to it.” Justin laughs.

 

I sigh. “Yea I guess that’s true.”

 

I continue to stare out the window just thinking why is this happening to me. I guess maybe its cause I was to scared to tell Justin how I was feeling. I'm thinking about telling him while we are on this trip. I know once we get there I am gonna wanna be all up under him and I'm going to want him to stay in a room with me, and if I'm not careful I just might try to make love to him. I hear Trace saying something and it tears me from my thoughts.

 

"Did I ever tell you that you think to hard?" He asks me. I notice that Justin is gone and Trace is now occupying his seat. I smile at him.

 

"Yea you use to tell me that all the time while we were in high school. Although I don't recall you complaining about it so much when you needed to copy my homework." I laugh.

 

"But see back then it was needed, now you're just stressing yourself out and you're way to fine for that!" He says rubbing my hand.

 

I smile at him as I think of a way to change the subject that doesn't involve Justin or I or the current situation I am in.

 

"So what's the story with you and Byrne? You guys cool or what?

 

He looks at me and kinda smiles. “Well Byrne and I broke up last week.”

 

“WHAT???!! Why didn’t you tell me?” I ask shocked that he let this kind of information go past me.

 

“Well at the time you were just getting back into the swing of being back to work so I figured I would tell you later.” He says shrugging it off.

 

“Was it bad?” I find myself asking. I know I wasn’t real real close to Byrne but I would hate to see her hurt.

 

“Nah it was all good. I think we both started realizing things had changed a lot and we were becoming more of friends than anything.”

 

I laugh. “I guess this must be the season for breaking up huh?

 

“Must be!” Trace jokes back

 

Soon the pilot informs us that we are about to land soon so to fasten our seat belts. I’m so glad to be away from everything. I feel as though ever since I found out I’m pregnant everybody wants to stress me out. Why is that? It’s as though they know. They want me to be stressed and lose it. I shouldn’t think like that. I should be positive. I’m here with my three best friends. Everything is going to be ok.

 

********************************************************************************

 

She looks a little scared. I don’t think I have ever seen her look this scared before. Trace glances over at her and then looks to me. I can tell he is thinking the same thing I am. I don’t want her to be scared. I want to run to her and hold her and let her know that everything is going to be all right, but I can’t do it at this very moment.

 

“She looks like she is going to be sick.” Misty says

 

“I hope not.” I say still staring at Anais.

 

“Stop staring at me I am fine.” She says not even bothering to make eyes contact with us. “I just got a little nauseous, but I’m fine now so stop worrying and stop staring like I am some freak show.”

 

I feel the turbulence from us landing and I’m really trying hard not to look over at Anais. I know she is starting to get into one of her moods. I hate when that happens cuz then she wants to snap at the world. I’m not sure if it’s cuz of the baby or if she is really still thinking hard about what’s going on in her life.

 

Once we land Anais sits there for what seems like an eternity. She looks up at me and shakes her head at me as if to tell me just go ahead. I need a second. I haven’t seen her freaked out over a plan ride since we were 10. I slowly make my way off the plan to see Misty and Trace waiting for us.

 

“Where’s Na at?” Trace asks.

 

“She needed a minute so I left her on the plan.” I say

 

“Is she ok?” Misty asks.

 

“She will be. I think everything is just really overwhelming to her right now. She just needs a few minutes to relax.” I say.

 

It feels as though I am saying this to convince my self more than actually feeling it to be true. It’s fine though I have to believe that deep down in my heart that Anais is going to be fine. Just as I am turning back around to pick up my bags I see Anais coming off the plan. I want to rush over to her and make sure she is ok, but I don’t want her to get angry.

 

“J I wanna lay down.” I hear her say.

 

I reach out to her and wrap her in my arms. “You ok Snggus?”

 

“I just feel really tired and all I want to do right now is curl up and go to sleep.” She says.

 

We walk to the car and make the ride to the private villa that I rented out for us to use. It has 3 bedrooms. I know that Trace and I are gonna want to have our own rooms, but I figured Anais may need to talk to Misty sometime and would want her around. I can’t say that I don’t wish it would be me that was laying next to her but hey just as long as I can be there for her.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story