I walked into the club with the full knowledge that Anais would be there soon. If she wasn't already!  I can’t even believe I let Misty talk me into coming here tonight. Actually she didn’t have to do a lot. She just said hey I’m throwing a party for our girl and you and Trace gotta be there. I’m gonna be honest here. I’m not all that crazy about Devon. He acts like he is the shit (which by the way he is not). I don’t even see what Anais sees in him! At any rate we’re here and I can’t very well back out now so I follow everybody into the club. Misty is standing right by the entrance greeting people.

   

“J I’m so glad you made it!” She gushes. I love Misty she’s a really cool girl.

 

“Yea wouldn’t miss a party for our girl. Besides she deserves it. I think it’s about time they gave her a promotion.” I say while hugging her.

 

“Yea I agree. Well you guys go get started parting. It’s free drinks and food so go have a ball.” She says all happy.

 

“Hey Misty has the guest of honor arrived yet?” I ask cuz I don’t wanna get bitched out.

 

“No not yet. Don’t worry she won’t kill you. When she gets here you’ll know. They are gonna announce it. She gets pimp treatment tonight.” Misty laughs.

 

I laugh as well “Ok thanks Mist.”

  

I walk into the club and spot Trace, Bryne, and Veronica sitting at a table not to far from the bar. I’m looking around the club just waiting on her to walk in. I haven’t seen her in almost a month. Between her being busy with work and me being in the studio we’ve only been able to talk on the phone for a few minutes at a time. Still I miss her so much.

  

“Hey J you want a drink man?” Trace breaks me out of my thoughts.

 

“Yea man. Thanks.” 

 

I need to stop zoning out like that or Veronica will notice.

 

***************************************************************************

 

So I finally get Devon’s silly self into the club and I can already tell he is trying to spot Justin. This whole thing with him and Justin is getting on my nerves. I don’t want to get to the point where I start sneaking around to see Justin. I miss hanging out with him it’s just been kinda lonely with out my boys around. I finally spot Misty and go over to her.

 

“Hey sexy Lesbian!” I say as I tap her on the shoulder.

 

“What’s up hot Lesbian?" We giggle to each other as we hug. (I know we have a sick sense of humor.)

 

“Ok so just about everybody is here so why don’t I let the DJ know you’re here so we can really get this party started!” Misty says as she walks to the DJ booth.

 

I turn to Devon who is talking to a couple of my co-workers.

 

“So are you gonna be on my arm when I walk in or what?” I say jokingly

 

“Do you even have to ask me that?” He flashes me a smile and we walk towards the entrance to the dance floor.

 

Just as we get to the door, I hear the DJ come over the loud speaker.

 

“Here she is the woman you’ve been waiting for and who we are here to honor! Anais Taylor!”

 

Everybody started clapping and cheering as we entered the room. It was rather funny cuz the DJ decided to play “Bad Girl” by Usher (Much to Misty’s bargaining I bet.). I looked out the corner of my eye to spot Devon with a smile a mile wide. I get the feeling it’s only cuz he has spotted Justin. We make our way over to the booth that’s on the stage. I lean over to Devon and ask him to go get me drink.

 

“So my lover you like the scene?” Misty asked as she sat down next to me.

 

“Yea I so love it babe. Thank you for everything.” I reach over and give her a hug.

 

“You know you don’t have to thank me! I’m just glad they finally put you in charge of wardrobe. You are great at putting together killer styles.” Misty gushes.

 

“Aww thank you hun.”

 

“You know Justin’s here.”

 

I smile at her. She wants Justin and I to be together and have little Timberlake babies. Cuz in the words of Misty, “You guys would make hella cute babies”. I know she adores Justin and I together but I really wish she would stop trying to get us together. It’s been over a year.

 

“I know he’s here. I could tell by how Devon looked when we came in.” I laugh.

 

Devon walks over to us and hands me my Chocolate Martini. He takes a set next  to me while Misty and I continue talking. Nothing-important just random stuff. In my head all I can think is please let things stay like this.

 

***************************************************************************

 

The only thing that I can say is damn! She looks so sexy in that outfit. Anais always knows how to pull off that look that is just oh so sexy. The look that makes every guy in the room have their eyes on her. The one that makes her look so classy and not like some video hoe.

 

“Justin baby do you wanna dance?” Veronica breaks my thoughts

 

“Sure baby girl lets go out there and show them how to move.

 

As we move to the dance floor I look on the stage and notice Anais and Misty laughing and giggling with each other. God how I wish I was up there with them. Honestly I miss being around my girl. I see Anais and Misty get up and head towards the dance floor. They make there way onto the dance floor not to far away from where Veronica and I are dancing. “Sugar (Gimme some)” By Trick Daddy is playing. I’m thinking boy would I love some sugar and so much more from My Snuggle Bear. After a few more songs I decided I’m gonna get up the nerve to ask Anais to dance with me, and then the perfect song comes on.

 

I took your picture, with one particular reason and it’s to capture your character,

I like to sit and stare at 'cha

Ain't nothin wrong with starin at cha

Girl don't be scared at the fact that I envision us getting married and I ain't tryin to rush nuttin

 

I excuse my self from Veronica and the rest of the people at our table, and make my way over to Misty and Anais dancing.

 

“May I cut in?” I ask Misty.

 

“Sure sexy!” She winks at me and moves to dance with this guy eyeing her.

  

Cuz I ain’t rushin

It'll take a time like, "what’s them things that move slow you know them...damn.. I can’t think cuz you on my mind..."

 And when you on my mind I can’t find anything to rhyme with rhyme

 

 

“Congrats on the promotion.” I say

 

“Thanks, I’m really glad you came tonight.”

 

I smile at her and keep dancing. She is so close to me and yet I wish I could get her closer. I feel Devon’s eyes on us and I know that I should cherish the moment I have with her cuz I may not get another one tonight. So I let the music take me away. Wishing that I could take her home with me and do all the things the song is saying.

 

Girl you really got me going

Outta control

I dot know what I’m doin

Lets let it go

And do what we do best

Take off our clothes

We look better undressed

  

Lets get sexy

Lets get sexy

Sounds so good

Sounds so good

Fightin' is rightin'

Fightin' is rightin'

Lets get sexy

Its so much more exciting

 

Song Lyrics: Sexy By: The Black Eyed Peas



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story