Fuck I hate feeling this restless and worried. I keep tossing and turning like no tomorrow. Something just isn’t right and I can’t place my finger on it. I mean sure I don’t like staying in the hospital then again who does? However something in the pit of my stomach it screaming at me something isn’t right. So I figure maybe I can watch a little TV get it to lull me into sleep.

 

It’s kinda late here so I opt for watching the news. As I turn it on the news has some kind of breaking story. I’m not sure why but my face creases in confusion cuz it seems like I know were the news crew is. As the reporter on TV starts talking I realize she is right in front of Justin’s house and panic starts to rise in me. What the hell is going on? I turn up the volume to find out why they are there.

 

“The police arrived about 20 minutes ago responding to a 911 call about an intruder who was shooting inside Mr. Timberlake’s home. Details are kinda of sketchy at the moment, but we will report more to you when it becomes available.”

 

With that said I lose my mind I can’t form a single thought other than Justin and the rest of my friends being ok. OMG what the hell is happening? I quickly grab the phone next to my bed and began frantically dialing numbers. The first number I call is Justin’s. Well that was a no brainier right? When he doesn’t answer I feel the tears stinging at my eyes. So I dial the next number implanted in my brain and just as I give up hope that he is gonna answer I hear a weak voice answer.

 

“Hello?” They say and I can tell it’s a female voice.

 

“Misty is that you? Mist what’s going on?” I ask in a frantic tone.

 

I hear her sniffling and crying. Oh please don’t let anything have happened to Trace or Justin. I don’t know what I would do! “Misty please tell me what’s going on!” I yell.

 

“Dev...Dev….” She starts to cry again and her voice was shaky when she started.

 

“Misty you have to take a deep breath and tell me what’s going on.” I say as calmly as I can.

 

I hear her try to compose herself and then she begins to speak again. “Devon came to Justin’s house. Na he was so angry he had a gun and he was shooting all over every where.” She answers.

 

“Was…. Was anybody hurt?” I ask

 

Misty starts crying again. “I swear Na I don’t know. Trace made me go out the back and around to the front when the police came. I saw blood but I don’t know whose it was and Trace came and brought me his phone and stuff when he came to check on me. Na they won’t tell me anything and I haven’t seen Justin or Devon any where.”

 

I can hear my heart beating a thousand beats per minute. I feel as though it is going to beat right out of my chest. Isn’t it enough that I’m in here? I can’t lose Justin! I didn’t get to tell him that I love him too! That I want to be with him. Why is it that millions of thoughts go through your head when something goes horribly wrong? I hear another voice on the phone, but my mind is so clouded that I can’t make out who it is nor can I form any sentences.

 

“Anais sweetie talk to me please! Are you still there?”

 

I’m finally able to find my voice. “Trace……. Is….Is he ok?” I ask almost afraid to find out.

 

“I’m not sure sweetie. He is being taken to the hospital right now. Misty and I will be there soon too. As soon as I know something I will be right up to see you.” He says in a rushed tone.

 

I get the feeling he knows something and is just afraid to tell me because it’s bad.

******************************************************************

Damn it they say the average person can take a bullet but fuck the shit hurts like hell!! The worst part is that it is still lodged in my arm! So yea I know your wondering what happened to Devon. Well from what I could see he was bleeding a whole lot more than I was. The bullet went through him and logged in my arm. What the fuck is all I can think. They want to put me under a local antithetic so they can take the bullet out, but I don’t think taking it out would hurt worse than the initial shock of it going in. I just want the damn bullet out.

 

“I want to know where my son is!!”

 

I hear my mother’s voice out in the hall. I should have known she would come rushing down to the hospital. She doesn’t even know everything that’s gone on. All she knows is that Anais had a miscarriage.

 

“Ma’am we can’t let you in this area.” One of the nurses is saying.

 

The doctor is finally able to get the bullet out and because he is such a nice man he lets my mother in to see me.

 

“Oh baby are you ok? I didn’t know what to think when I heard the news!! How bad where you hurt?”


She starts talking a mile a minute and finally I get her to calm down long enough for me to talk to her.

“I’m fine mom really. I got hit in the arm. They got the bullet out and everything is going to be fine.” I say more calmly.

 

“What happened?” She asks while she takes a sit next to me.

 

“Well Devon is pissed that Anais lost the baby and he feels it was my fault so he came after me. But mom I’m ok.”

 

“It just scared me to death. As soon as I got in that was the 1st thing off of peoples lips and I …..” 

 

I know what she’s thinking and I don’t even want the words to leave her lips. It is scary to be face to face with some one who has a gun and is aiming for you, but thank God nothing worse happen. I just hope that statement still stands after Devon comes out of surgery. Granted I may not like the guy at all, but I would not wish death upon anyone.

 

“Mom do you know how long it’s gonna be before I can get a room?” I ask trying to get my mothers mind off the events of tonight.

 

“I’m not sure but I can go check with the doctors.” She answers while heading to the door.

 

“Thanks and mom could you please send Trace in here I need to talk to him.”

 

“Sure thing sweetie.” And with that she was out the door.

 

I don’t know if Anais knows anything but in my gut I have a bad feeling she knows what’s up. They wouldn’t let me see Trace after everything had happened. By the time the gun fire was over I was in such a state of shock that I wasn’t sure what was going on. It wasn’t until I was at the hospital that I found out that the police were there by the time the gun fire had stopped and they came rushing into the house.

 

I asked the doctors if I could see Trace and Misty, but since I still had to get the bullet out I wasn’t allowed to. I know the two of them are probably worried sick about me. And if Anais has any clue about what is going on she more than likely called Trace if she couldn’t get in touch with me. I hear the door open again and I hear him take a deep breath.

 

“I know it’s not your fault but you have no idea how worried I was. All I saw was the blood on the floor and I almost lost it.” He says while sitting next to the bed.

 

I laughed a little at the joke in my head. “You have no idea how much it fucking hurts to get shot!” I say

 

He laughs some and then calms down. “Seriously dude are you ok?”

 

“Other than my arm being kinda sore I’m good. But……”  I start to trail off.

 

“She called while we were still at the house.” He answers, already knowing what I’m about to ask.

 

“Shit! She is probably freaking out right now!” I say

 

“J I didn’t know what to say to her. I didn’t know anything at all I just told her what I knew at the moment.”

 

“It’s cool. I’m gonna see if the doctor lets me go to her room. Could you help me get this scrub on so I won’t be half naked?”  I ask.

 

“Sure man.”

 

After we cover my top half I head out to the hall. Not even two steps out of my room a nurse spots me.  “Mr. Timberlake where do you think you’re going?”

 

“Listen nurse….”

 

“Nurse Jordan” She supplies

 

“Nurse Jordan, my girl is on another floor because she was brought in for something else earlier today. I just need to see her cause she heard about what happened and she is freaked. Please I’m begging.” I say.

 

She looks at me and for a second I could tell she didn’t want to let me go because it was probably against hospital rules or something but I could tell she had a soft spot for this kinda thing.

 

“Alright fine. What floor is she on?”

 

“Fifth” I supply.

 

“Ok, but listen you need to be back down here in 10 minutes.” She tells me.

 

“No problem.”

 

We walk out the double doors and immediately see Misty. She quickly runs over to us and we explain what’s going on as we head up the elevators. All I can think now is I have to see Anais.

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story