Author's Chapter Notes:
I feel so bad that I left you guys hanging for so long. With work and school things have been so crazy. But here is a new chapter for you guys to enjoy. Hope you like it.

I drove around for a long while before I finally ended up back at home. I think the only real reason I came back here was so that Veronica wouldn’t feel like I had completely abandoned her. I slowly walked into the house and heard the tv on in the living room. I watched for a minute as Veronica sat on the couch engrossed in some lifetime movie playing. I spoke softly as to not startle her.

 

“Hey”

 

She looked up and smiled while cutting the TV off. “Hey. I didn’t know what time you would be back.”

 

“I’m sorry I had to run out like that.”

 

“It’s ok. I went ahead and made dinner do you still want to eat and just hang out?” She asked

 

“Yeah that sounds good.” I smile warmly at her.

 

I watch her walk toward the kitchen and all I can think about is what Trace said to me at the restaurant. Truth be told I miss Anais so damn much. The way she smiles. The smart ass remakes we pass back and froth. Just everything. How could I not believe what she said to me. She has never lied to me before. (Except that one time on my 20 birthday when her and Trace threw me a surprise party but still that doesn’t count) I know I have royally fucked up and I don’t know where to begin to fix it. Maybe after Veronica is sleep I’ll call my mom. She always knows the answers.

  

“Are you serious? She really said he broke down and just told her what happened?” Misty asked taking another bite from her taco.

 

“Yeah, he has never really been able to lie to his mother when she knew something.”

 

“But didn’t he lie about why you two hadn’t gotten back together?” She asked.

 

“Well I’m not exactly sure I know what he did say to her.” I admitted taking a sip of my margarita.

 

“Well if you ask me I’m glad you are finally through with that dumb ass. I already told you where I think you should be.” She smiles.

 

I knew this night was not gonna go by with out the mention of Justin in some way shape or form. I roll my eyes at Misty as I get up and head toward the kitchen to get some more margarita.

 

“Oh come on don’t you miss him even a little bit?” Misty asks while following me into the kitchen.

 

“Misty I don’t really wanna talk about Justin right now. What about you and Trace? How are you guys doing?” I ask quickly trying to change the subject.

 

“Oh no you are not about to do this. Come on Na why don’t you just go ahead and call him? I know your upset but at least call to see how he is.” She pleads with me.

 

“Why should I? He hasn’t called me. He isn’t concerned about my well being anymore!” I shout.

 

“Na you know that’s not true. You know Justin cares about you very much. He is just stubborn and a male so that in itself should let you know something.”

 

I laughed at that and continued to pour myself some more to drink. I sighed. “I just don’t understand it. How can he just tell me that he loves me and then go and get back together with Veronica? It’s not that I think she is a bad person or anything like that. I just don’t get it.”

 

Misty sighed while she walked up to me and engulfed me in a hug. “Oh baby I know. Everything is going to be fine. I know this whole thing is getting to you, but you have to stay strong. Don’t give up on things with you and Justin because he is having a moment.”

 

After a few minutes Trace came walking in the door. “Hey Na, hey cutie.” He says giving both of us a hug.

 

“I stopped off at your place and saw the note you left. What you guys up to?” He asked taking a sip of my drink.

 

“Nothing just talking about Justin you know how it goes.” Misty laughed.

 

Trace laughed at Misty and I just rolled my eyes at the both of them. “I’m glad you think it’s so funny.”

 

“I need something to laugh at after talking to Justin.” Trace says.

 

“Talking to Justin about what?” I asked.

 

“Just stuff. It wasn’t really anything.” Trace says grabbing a beer out of my fridge.

 

“In other words it was guy talk and we don’t need to know about it.” Misty laughs

 

We all continue to talk for a while and just trip out. I forgot how much I missed this seeing as we haven’t done it in a long while. It wasn’t until after midnight when Misty and Trace left. I dressed in my pj’s and climbed in the bed thinking about how much I missed Justin.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story