It’s about 1 in the morning and I quietly slip out of bed and into my office to call my mother. I know it’s late but I’m not going to be able to sleep until I talk to my mother. I picked up the phone and dialed that familiar number.

 

“Hello?” A sleepy male voice says.

 

“Hey dad it’s me Justin.”

“Justin is everything ok?” My dad asks me.

 

“Yea, I just really need to talk to my mom.”

 

“Hang on a sec.” He says.

 

I hear some ruffling and then the phone is picked up. “Hello?” the sleepy voice says.

 

“Momma it’s me. I just needed to talk to you. I’m sorry I woke you and dad up.”

 

“It’s ok baby. What’s going on?” She asks in her concerned motherly tone.

 

“Momma I had a conversation with Trace earlier and I just don’t know what to do.”

 

“Well what happened?” She asked.

 

I took a deep breath before I began to tell her what had been going on between Anais and I. Telling her how much I really do love her and Anais said it back to me and just everything. Unfortunately she told me that this was something I was going to have to figure out on my own. I guess I can understand that. I mean this isn’t like when I was younger and I was just trying to figure out which shoes to wear. This was about a very important relationship in my life.

 

I hung up the phone with my mother and headed back to my bed room. I crawled back in the bed and started up at the ceilings and thought about everything that had been going on. I looked over at Veronica and thought about how much I wished it was Anais. I turned over on my side praying that I could find a way to fix what I broke between us.

  

Few days later

 

“Anais can I see you in my office for a moment?” My boss asked.

 

“Sure I’ll be there in a second.” I say while I finish looking at some new cloths we just got in.

 

“What’s up Jackie?” I say taking a seat.

 

“I just got a call from our branch in New York and they need a stylist for some shoots out there and I recommended you for the job.”

 

I smiled at that. “Well how long is the job?” I ask

 

“A few weeks. A month at the most. You wouldn’t be gone that long.”

 

I happily expected the job while she went on to tell me when I would be leaving and give me the details of the job. I went ahead and finished my work and headed home. Misty and I decided we should celebrate by going out to dinner and partying. I didn’t have to leave until the day after tomorrow so I had time to party. A few hours later Misty came walking through my door.

 

“Baby where are you?” Misty asked

 

“I’m in the bedroom I’ll be out in a minute.” I say putting on my shoes.

 

“Did you want Trace to come out with us tonight?” She asks.

 

“Nah. I talked to him earlier. He and Justin made plans to go to a basketball game so he said he would just meet up with me in New York next week.” I say walking into the living room.

 

“Oh look at you looking all hot.” Misty says.

 

“Thank you Thank you.”  I say modeling for her.

 

We head out to the club and party it up having a great time. I remembered how much fun it was for us to just go out and have a good time. So I spent my night out with my best girlfriend partying and celebrating being free and at least being partly happy.

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story