Trace walked in the door ready to go to the game. I was actually surprised he wanted to go out with me considering the fact that he was still a little pissed at me. I guess in some way we kind of resolved that issue. At any rate we were getting ready to head to the Lakers game.

 

“Dude you ready to go?” He yells up the stairs.

 

“Yea man lets go.” I say grabbing my Pony cap off the table and heading out the door.

 

After the game Trace and I headed to In & Out burger to grab some eats and talk.

 

“So where is Misty at tonight?” I ask

 

“She went out with Anais. They went clubbing.”

 

“You let her go out with Anais alone?” I laugh

 

“Yeah I did. Besides she wanted to take her girl out to celebrate.” Trace says taking a bite from his burger.

 

“What are they celebrating?” I ask slightly curious.

 

“Well I could tell you that, but I think it will give you a reason to call Anais and talk to her.” He says

 

“You really think she is gonna talk to me?” I ask a little unsure.

 

“Yes I think she will talk to you. Honestly I think she is just waiting for you to make the 1st move.” He states.

 

“I miss her so much Trace. I just don’t know what to do, where to start to fix things between us.”

 

We finish talking and head back to the house. Veronica actually went ahead and stayed at home tonight so I was alone in bed to once again think about Anais and what I was going to do. I decided right then and there to go see her tomorrow.

 

It wasn’t until after noon when I finally rolled out of the bed to go get in the shower. Misty was still knocked out when I got out the shower. So I figured I would make some coffee and try and get her up. My phone rings and I run to answer it so it doesn’t wake Misty.

 

“Hello?” I say

 

“Hey Na. I can’t believe you’re up!” Trace says

 

I laughed. “Yea, I gotta be. I have a lot to do before I leave. I haven’t even packed yet.”

 

“Well I guess I should let you know that Justin will probably call you or come by to see you. I told him that you and Misty were out celebrating. He asked what you were celebrating and I told him that he needed to call you.”  Trace said.

 

“Ok Trace. Well I am gonna go try to get your girlfriend up and send her home to you.” I laugh.

 

“Yea send her home to me and make me deal with the whole hangover.” He laughs.

 

“Whatever you know we don’t get hangovers.” I say.

 

We go ahead and say goodbye. I feel this huge rush of happiness come threw. I hadn’t seen Justin in over a month. We have never stopped speaking to each other like this. It wasn’t even a argument or nothing like that. He made a statement that wasn’t true and we just stopped talking and I hate that. The coffee finishes and I make Misty a cup and head back into the bedroom.

 

“Come on baby wake up.” I say

 

“Give me like five more minutes.” She says trying to sit up.

 

“I have coffee come on. Besides you know I have a lot to do and I know your boyfriend wants you back home.” I laugh.

 

She takes the coffee and looks at me. “You talk to him?”

 

“Yea he called to tell me that Justin will probably call me or come by today.” I say

 

“Are you serious?” She says

 

“Yea.” I say smiling some.

 

“Well it’s about damn time.” She says finishing up her coffee and heading for the shower.

 

I think to myself yea it is about time.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story