Author's Chapter Notes:
Well guys this story is coming to an end. There is only one more chapter after this so enjoy. :-)

I had meetings all morning and a few interviews this afternoon, but I finally made it out of them all and I’m heading to Anais house right now to talk to her. As I pull up to her place I am a little nervous about seeing her. I’m just really worried that she is going to slam the door in my face. I slowly walk to her door. I could use my key but I feel that would be kinda wrong right now so I knock on the door.

 

“Just a second.” I hear her say.

 

I watch as she slowly opens the door and gives me a slight smile. “Hey”

 

“Hey” was all I could say.

 

She motions for me to come in. “So how are you?” she asks

 

“I’m ok I guess. How about you?

 

“I’m great.” There is a silence between us and then she laughs. “Um I know this isn’t exactly what you would be expecting me to say, but could you come in the bedroom? I have a lot of things I have to do.” She says

 

“Sure.” I reply following her into her bedroom. Once in there I notice a suitcase on the bed half full and I look a little confused. “Going on a trip?” I ask.

 

She steps out of the closet and smiles some. “Actually I am going for a job in New York.” She says.

 

I feel this rush of nervousness and sadness go through me. “Are you going for an interview or something?” I ask

 

She just laughs. “No Justin it’s just a short job for a month. I will be back so don’t worry.”

 

I release the breath I didn’t even realize I was holding. “So when are you leaving?”

 

“Tomorrow morning.” She answers.

 

I walk towards her and engulf her in a hug. I didn’t even realize that a few tears slipped from my eyes. “I missed you so much Snuggs. I’m so sorry I didn’t believe you that night at the hospital. I should have never doubted you and for that I apologize.”

 

“Justin why would you think I would say something like that just because you got hurt?” She asks pulling away from me.

 

“I got scared. I mean honestly Anais I did think I was ruining our friendship when you hadn’t said anything back. To you I’m not Justin “Mr. JT” Timberlake. To you I am Justin Randall from Shelbyville. The Justin you spent summer nights with looking up at the stars and having big dreams. You don’t drool over me like that and throw yourself at me.” I say looking into her eyes.

 

She sits on the bed and I see the tears rolling down her checks. I knell down in front of her and wipe her tears. “Justin I love you I really do, but I can’t do this with you. I can’t keep going back and froth with you. The fact that you didn’t say anything to me nor did you even tell Trace you were thinking about getting back with Veronica says a lot. I think me going away for a while will be good. Maybe when I come back we can work on our friendship.”

 

I couldn’t believe she was actually saying this to me. “I’m sorry Anais I never meant to hurt you and I really do apologize for all of this but I do love you.” I say

 

“Justin you don’t even know what you want.” She says turning back to pack some more things.

 

“I do know what I want.” I defend.

 

“What do you want Justin?”

 

I turn her around and look deep in her eyes. “I want you!”

 

She laughed at me bitterly. “Yea and that’s why you ran and got back together with Veronica. I can’t do this with you. I think you should leave Justin.”

 

Hearing her say that really tore at my heart. I can’t believe she is actually asking me to leave. But because I respect her I will do as she asks. I start to walk toward the door and I look back at her one last time as she furiously wiped at her eyes. “I’m sorry Snuggles.” I say as I walk out the door.

 

As I walk to my car I know that I have to fix things between us. I was stupid for not believing her and I can’t just be her friend. I want to be with her until the day I die. I know that the first place to start fixing things is to talk to Veronica. I pull into my garage and sit for a moment trying to gather my thoughts on how I should approach things. I walk into the house to see Veronica dancing around the kitchen making cookies.

 

“Hey you I’m so glad you’re home!” She exclaims.

 

“Hey. Umm Veronica we need to talk.” I say

 

“Sure what’s up?” She asks taking a seat.

 

I’m not even sure where to begin with this conversation. “Veronica you know I care about you?” I ask

 

She laughs at me. “Yes I know this. What’s the matter with you?” She asks.

 

I figure that I might as well just come out and say it. “Veronica I think it would be better if we started seeing other people.” I say

 

She turns and looks at me. Then she starts to smile. “You can’t be serious.” She says.

 

I sigh as I look at her. “I know this is just so crazy to hear, but I think it would be better.”

 

I watch for the second time to night as I caused a woman to cry. She looks at me and trembles a little before the words leave her lips.

 

“Justin we can’t break up. I’m pregnant.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story