I don’t know what bothered me more the other night. The fact that after that rather sexy dance with Justin, Devon was glued to my side for the rest of the night or the fact that I wanted to have Justin right then and there once the dance was over! I also don’t doubt that our little dance had a slight affect on Veronica. She has been nothing but nice to me since her and Justin got together but I get the feeling that she is sensing something is there between me and J. Not that either one of us are cheating but you know what I mean.

 

I’m trying really hard to concentrate on the fact that I am suppose to be picking out outfits for Ashlee Simpson to wear for her photo shoot later this week. I hate when these kinds of things consume my thoughts and I can’t think straight. After a few minutes there is a knock on my office door.

   

“Come in.” I yell.

 

“Hey Na. How is my favorite new wardrobe stylist?” Trace smirks while taking a set in front of me.

 

“I would be so much better if I could actually concentrate on my job!”

 

“What’s wrong?” Trace asks with a frown. Showing his concern.

 

“It’s nothing really just have some stuff on my mind.” I answer.

 

“Well grab your purse and we can talk about it over lunch.”

   

Leave it to Trace to want to make things all better for me. But I highly doubt he can.

  

**************************************************************************

  

Boy was Devon pissed at me the rest of the night. He was glaring at me and giving me the death eye for the rest of the night. Honestly I don’t care though. However I do care that after that dance Veronica did have an attitude with me for the rest of the night. I guess I can’t blame her I mean I didn’t even attempt to pull her as close to me as I had Anais. I care about Veronica very much but I’m not in love with her the way I am with Anais.

 

Yeah I know you’re thinking well if that’s how you feel why don’t you just call it quits between the two of you? Well I guess I’m just afraid of being alone again. I know Veronica loves me and I love the fact that she is there. I can reach out and hold her in the middle of the night. When I know the person I really want can’t be there.

 

“No guy’s afternoon out for you and Trace today?” Veronica asks coming out the kitchen.

 

“Nah. He said he had some runs to make. Besides I would rather have lunch with my girl today. So where would you like to go eat or did you make other plans already?”

 

“Nope I’m free as a bird for the day.” She smiles at me.

 

“You got a taste for anything particular?” I ask

 

“Ooh yea lets go to White Louts.” She says while standing up.

 

“Well White Louts it is.” I say while I get my keys.

 

I lock up thinking to myself, Timberlake you need to stop worrying so much about what you could have had and focus on what you do have.

 

***************************************************************************

 

After Trace and I are seated we settle into a nice little conversation, but I know all the big stuff is yet to come.

  

“So how are things with you and Byrne?” I ask

 

“There okay. I think things are starting to cool down between us dramatically.”

 

“You think it’s coming around to that ending the relationship period?” I ask while taking a sip of water.

 

“I don’t know. I mean I still love her so much. I’m not sure of much when it comes to us.” He admits.

 

“It can get like that some times.” I say

 

“So enough about me what’s going on with you? Nobody has talked to you since your party.”

 

“I know Tray. I just seem to never have time for anything other than work.”  I laughed.

  

As Trace and I were talking I spotted a very familiar face. Thinking to myself I really don’t need this right now, but before I could do anything about it he was at our table.

  

“Business meeting today Anais?” Kyle asked me with an over exaggeration of my name.

 

“Not that it’s any of your business but no. I’m just having lunch with a friend.” I mange to get out through gritted teeth.

 

“Well fortunately for you I don’t have a meeting as well and I could join you.” He smiles while flagging down the waiter to ask for a chair and a menu.

 

Trace is giving him this look like what the fuck! I’m even overlay glad that Justin isn’t here cuz this would be very bad. Kyle is Devon’s best friend. (Even though I can’t figure out why for the life of me.) Kyle very much doesn’t approve of my relationship with Justin or Trace, which if you ask me is none of his business. I think he really believes that there is something going on with us. I also believe he is whispering in Devon’s ear to make him think the same. I look over at Trace who I can tell is about to say something, but I quickly intervene.

  

“Kyle. Trace and I were having a private conversion so why don’t you just go ahead with your first plan and have lunch alone.” I say as calmly as possible.

 

“What is really so personal that friends can’t discusses in front of each other?” He prods.

 

“Well if you were our friend then maybe we wouldn’t have such a problem with talking in front of you, but because we’re not why don’t you just do as asked?” Trace huffs.

   

Oh I can tell this isn’t going over well. I bet you can tell I can’t stand Kyle. I don’t want them to cause a scene so I jump up and get in between the two who quickly look as if they are about to come to blows.

   

“Listen this is not the place to be having this type of scene. Kyle would you please leave us alone and let me and my friend talk!” I say as calmly as I can.

 

“Fine Anais, but does Devon know you are out having rendezvous lunches with him?” He asks as he eyes us both and walks off.

   

“What the fuck does he mean does Devon know?” Trace asks

  

I can see the anger building up inside Trace and I really don’t want him to make things worse so I calm him down. The rest of the lunch was spent with Trace and Kyle giving each other the evil eye. By the time I got back to my office I was actually ready to go home. Walking to my office I think to myself can things get any worse? I open the door and to my surprise Devon is sitting in my office waiting for me.

  

“I hear you had lunch with Trace? What’s going on Babe?” Devon asks

  

All I can think is apparently they do!

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story