Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who is reading. Feedback is much apprecaited. :-)

You know that stage of sleep you’re in where you aren’t sure if you’re awake or still dreaming? Well that’s where I am right now. I mean I feel this calmness all over my body. (And I know it’s not all the alcohol I consumed last night) It’s the feeling I get when I’m sleeping with Justin. While I am laying here pondering this I hear a phone ring and I can’t tell who’s it is and honestly I’m not gonna try and find out. However I feel the bed shift and I hear the sound of a button being pushed and my dream question answered with that sexy sleepy voice I have come to love.

 

“Hello?” I hear Justin say

 

“Who the fuck is this?”

 

“You called my phone and you wanna ask who I am? Dude it’s to early for the bullshit!”

 

“I called my girlfriends phone!” I hear the person yell.

 

It suddenly occurs to me that maybe just maybe Justin picked up my phone and so this causes a panic inside me and I quickly reach for the phone. I know Justin is just as confused as I am but we can talk about that later.

 

“Devon?” I ask almost afraid to find out it’s him.

 

“Why the fuck is another guy answering your phone?” He growls.

 

“He thought it was his cell phone.”

 

I feel Justin’s eyes on me and then after a minute I feel the bed shift as he lies down.

 

“Who the hell is he?” Devon’s voice is growing louder and louder.

 

“Justin.” I say already knowing where this is gonna go but seeing no reason to lie about it.

 

“Oh I get it. We have a fight and you run out to be with Justin. Like I said you were just looking for a reason to run to him weren’t you?”

 

I flip the cover back and get out the bed cuz I already feel myself getting heated.

 

“Look Devon I’m not gonna go asking your permission every time I wanna hang out with Justin or Trace. Justin needed a friend last night so I was there. I’m not gonna stay on the phone and argue with you about it!”

 

***************************************************************************

 

I love it when she gets upset and starts snapping on people. I think it’s so sexy. Even when she’s mad at me I can’t help but get a little turned on. However it’s like double time now cuz she got out of the bed and I can see her body. She has on some of those cute lacey tangy things from Victoria Secret. Although I call them boy short things. She also has on a matching bra that’s lacey too, and on top of everything they are baby blue. I watch her walking around the bedroom yelling on the phone at Devon. Really I wasn’t trying to start anything I honestly thought it was my phone. I notice she shuts her phone and lets out a frustrated growl.

 

“I’m sorry Snuggs. I didn’t mean to start a fight with you and Devon.” I say.

 

“It’s not your fault J. Devon and I have some issues we need to work out. Sorry we disturbed your sleep.”

 

I pull her down next to me and give her a big hug. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

 

Suddenly there is a knock on the door and Anais yells for who ever it is to come in.

 

“Hey guys, I heard a little commotion in here is everything ok?” Misty asks.

 

“Yea everything is fine. Just dealing with Devon and his jealous ways.” Anais answers and they both share a laugh.

 

“Well Trace and I were thinking we should all get dressed and head out to eat some where.”

 

I groan at the sound of going out to eat.

 

“What’s the matter J?” Misty asks me

 

“I kinda don’t feel like dealing with people today ya know? I just wanna relax and chill with my friends.”

 

“Well then why don’t we go eat at Chi? I mean that way we can have a private room or something and then come back here and chill. I mean if it’s okay with you Misty? Anais suggested.

 

“Well I don’t mind as long as it’s ok with you J.” Misty answers while they both look at me.

 

“Sounds like a plan. Lets get moving ladies.” I say.

 

We all start buss ling around the house getting ready to go and I think to myself this could be a really great weekend.

 

***************************************************************************

 

I’m bad and I know I am. I’m sitting next to Justin but I have my head on his shoulder and my arm linked with his and he’s feeding me apple spring rolls. We are seriously acting like a couple and if it wasn’t for the fact that this was Justin’s restaurant I know the pictures of us like this would be splashed all over the front of Us Weekly. It’s almost like everyone here has decided to date someone else for the weekend. (Except for Misty who is unattached) Trace is getting along quit well with Mist though.

 

“So what’s next on our agenda?” Trace asks.

 

“I know I know! We should go rent some movies and get some liquor and have a house party at my house!” Misty says just a little to fast.

 

Justin and I start cracking up. “Misty are you trying to get people drunk?” I ask

 

“Why would I ever go and do a thing like that?” She says trying to look all innocent

 

I roll my eyes at her. I know she’s up to something, I just haven’t figured out what it is yet.

 

“I’m game for it. If it keeps me away from Veronica a little longer I’m all for it.” Justin replies.

 

“Speaking of Veronica. Exactly what did happen between you and her last night to drive you into a night out with your real friends?” Misty giggles.

 

Trace shakes his head and I can tell it must be something big. I think normally I would be a little hurt that he told Trace and has yet to share with me but then again under the circumstances I can’t be all that upset. Justin and I don’t talk like we use to. He doesn’t even know that I’ve been having fights with Devon. Although I don’t doubt that Trace told him about what happened when he and I went to lunch.

 

“It’s not really important. We just had a little bit of a disagreement and that’s all.”

 

“Yea well if you ask me it was one hell of a disagreement!” Trace said.

 

“Well that’s why nobody asked you!” Justin glared at Trace.

 

“OOH it’s juicy. I really wanna know now!” Misty gushes.

 

Trace leans over and whispers something in her ear and I leave it at that. I know when Justin gets those faces he really wants things to be left alone. We start to gather our things and head out to our car. Once again I know that tonight is going to be an interesting one to say the least.

 

It’s funny drinking with Trace, Misty and Anais. I think it’s mostly cuz Misty and Anais can usually out drink Trace and I. I use to wonder if the two of them use to have shots of Tequila in their milk when they were babies. Seriously though we’re playing questions and Trace just seems to be getting stumped the most, it’s hilarious. I think my only problem with this whole set up is the fact that Anais has on these really sexy pajamas. Then again I think she looks sexy in everything so yeah I know I’m just getting my self deeper in trouble. Misty decides that since Trace is getting punk’d by playing questions we should just talk or something.

 

“Well Mist you can start off whatever conversation you would like I’m going to go make me another drink”. Anais says while heading into the kitchen.

 

“Mind if I join you in the kitchen?” I ask.

 

“Nope don’t mind at all. You guys want anything while I’m in there?”

 

“I don’t think Trace needs anymore to drink but I would like whatever you’re going to make you!” Misty exclaims.

 

Anais laughs. “Ok, but I really think Trace will feel left out.”

 

“I no drunnkkkkkk yet.” Trace slurs.

 

“Yea sure your not.” Misty says with a mock tone.

  

Anais and I head into the kitchen shaking our heads about Trace. I watch her move around the kitchen gathering things to make some drink that I’m not really sure about.

 

“What ya getting ready to make?” I ask

 

“Chocolate Martini. They can be a girls best friend.” She laughed.

 

“I thought woman only turned to chocolate when their significant other won’t give it up?” I laughed.

 

“This is true, but we do like chocolate any other time.”

 

We’re both silent for a moment. Then I hear my cell phone go off in the other room. After a second Misty brings me my phone and I see that Veronica is calling me. I’m not ready to talk to her yet, but I know if I ignore her call it might not go over very well. So I swallow whatever hesitation I have about the situation and answer the phone.

 

“Hello?” I say trying not to sound annoyed.

 

“I just love how you say another woman’s name during sex, walk out and then don’t call for the whole day! It’s really sweet of you to do that J!” She says although it sounds like it’s through gritted teeth.

 

“Look I just thought we needed some time to cool off. I know I pissed you off to high hell so I just thought I should give you a few days.” I offer as a way to keep her from bitching anymore.

 

“You know what Justin maybe you’re right. We need some cool off time. I think we should see other people for a while.” She says

 

I pull the phone back from my ear and look at it. My main reason for the action was because she doesn’t sound pissed about it. She sounds like she genuinely means it. I’m wondering in the back of my mind is this some kind of mind game or is she serious?

 

“What do you mean you think we should see other people?” I ask

 

“Look Justin it’s plan to see that you have some kind of feelings for Anais so when you figure out what they are then call me and let me know.” Veronica stated kind of glumly and with that hung up.

 

Once again I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at it dumb founded. I can’t believe that just happened. I never meant for Veronica to get hurt. She’s a great girl and she deserves so much more than I give her. Maybe this is for the best. Maybe it’s good we are gonna see other people. It will give her the chance to find somebody who she deserves and deserves her back cuz I sure as hell don’t. Suddenly I hear a sweet voice break my thoughts.

 

“Is everything ok J?” I look up at Anais when she speaks.

 

“Yea, I mean I guess so. I think Veronica and I just broke up” I say still a little stunned.

 

“What? Why?” She asks just as surprised.

 

“She feels as though we need some time apart to work through how we feel for each other.” I say, not really wanting to offer anything more.

 

“Well do you love her?” Anais asks.

 

“Yea I do, but that’s just it. She’s in love with me and I don’t think that’s the kind of love I have for her.” I answer

 

“Ah I see. Well maybe you should just be straight up with her and let her know that’s how you feel. I mean don’t let her think that if you guys take a break everything will be better later. Be honest with her J.” She says and I know she is being sincere.

 

I think the problem with being honest is that with the honesty that I give Veronica I need to give Anais the same honesty. But I can’t be that honest with her right now. I mean just because she and Devon are having a moment doesn’t mean that I should try and come between them or even further more it could really hurt my friendship with Anais because there is a good chance that she doesn’t feel that way about me. Oh I’m so torn I don’t know what to do.

   

I shouldn’t be happy that he and Veronica are breaking up. Hello Anais you have a boyfriend!! Even though things are bad between you guys right now does not mean that you can’t work through them. I love Devon I do. But I guess I feel like Justin, I’m not in love with him. At least not as much as I am with Justin. I would do anything for Justin. I don’t know when or why it happened but it just did. I’m standing here watching him think when the buzz of Misty’s doorbell breaks us both from our thoughts. I glace at the clock and wonder who that could be at 1:12 in the morning. Maybe Misty ordered food.

 

“Who is it?” Misty asked

 

“Devon. Will you open up Misty?"

 

Misty looks over at Justin and I who just came out of the kitchen. She’s looking at me with that should I let him in gaze. I shrug at her cuz I’m not sure what would happen. Even though we have been drinking I’m still sober enough to know that when he walks in here things could go either way. Misty cracks the door open some and looks at him.

 

“Dev could this possibly wait till tomorrow?” Misty asked

 

“Look Misty I really need to talk to her right now. It’s important.” He says

 

I run to the bedroom to grab my robe while they are talking and head to the door.

 

“I’ll talk to him out here thanks Misty.” I say with a smile. Then I turn to face Devon.

 

“Yes what is so important it can’t wait till tomorrow?” I ask.

 

“Why couldn’t we talk inside?” He asks me and I look at him like he’s crazy.

 

“Is that what was so important? If it was that surely could have waited.” I turn to head back inside but Devon grabs my arm.

 

“No Anais wait. I just wanna know what’s going on?  I mean you and I have been arguing for days now. I miss you and I want to be with you.” He says as though this will just magically change how things have been going.

 

“Devon it’s not that easy. I’ve given up things for you that I said I wouldn’t and now that I realize that you have the biggest issue in the world with it cuz I’m changing it.” I say looking deep into his eyes.

 

“Anais what ever it is we can work it out.” He looks so pitiful.

 

I’m standing here looking at him and I don’t wanna break his heart. I care about him greatly and maybe I could grow to fall in love with him, but I’m tired of fighting with him. I’m basically doing what J did with Brit. Sneaking around to see my best friends cuz my boyfriend doesn’t think it’s right to be that close to someone of the opposite sex.

 

“Devon I’m tired can we talk about this later?” I ask

 

“NO ANAIS, we’re gonna talk about this now. I’m sick of you fucking walking away every time we start to talk about things. Why can’t we just go inside sit down and talk?” He asks with much more anger and force in his voice.

 

“Look you can’t make me invite you inside someone else’s house at this hour. Second I don’t feel like talking about it.” I say as I turn to walk back inside.

 

I don’t know where it came from or anything but I felt Devon grab my wrist and spin me around. My back hits the door really hard and I’m so shocked that he just did that to me.

 

“Devon what the hell is wrong with you?” I ask my anger starting to show.

 

“Look Anais I’m sick of this shit! You’re gonna go get your things and we’re going home! Now Anais!” He yells while yanking me toward him.

 

I yank my arm back and we both stare at each other for a long while. I don’t want to fight with him and I don’t want to go to blows with him either but I will if I need to!

 

“I’m not going any where with you like this and I think you need to clam the fuck down.” I say my voice getting a little louder.

 

Then it happened the one thing that I always said would drive me over the edge with any guy. He brought his hand up and smacked me hard across my face and I feel this horrible sting to my face. When everything finally registers to me that he just hit me and that I’m bleeding form my mouth I just lose it.

 

“YOU SON OF A BICTH!!” I yell as I lung for him.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story