Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok we're back on track now people. LOL

I would just like to say that if I wasn’t a woman it would have taken a good 5 hours before anything was done at the police station. I’m so glad that I’m on my way back to Misty’s cuz all I wanna do right now is crawl into bed and go to sleep. It’s like 4:45 in the morning and Justin and I are just pulling back up to Misty’s. Misty and Justin both thought that it would be best for J to go with me. I guess I’m really glad he did go because he seems to be the only one (other than my father) who can keep me really calm when things get bad.

 

“You ready to go inside or do you wanna sit here for a second?” He asks

 

“Actually I really wanna go in and head to bed.” I say

 

“Snuggs you gonna be okay? I mean you’ve been really strong about this whole thing.”

 

I look over at him and I can see that he is very concerned. I take a deep breath before I answer.

 

“You know what? I can’t believe that he hit me. I mean I don’t even know where it came from. I guess I should have known things were only gonna get worse when he slammed me up against the door.”

 

“You know it took everything in me not to beat the crap outta of him right?” He asks with that half joking half serious tone.

 

“Yea I know. Had Trace actually been awake it would have been a done deal.” I laugh.

 

We’re both quite for a few minutes before I speak again.

 

“Justin will you sleep with me tonight?” I ask almost afraid he’ll say no.

 

“Of course I will. I mean if that’s what you want.” He says placing his hand on mine.

 

We get out the car and head for the door. I guess I was right about this being a very interesting night. But right now all I want to do is be wrapped up safely in Justin’s arms.

 

********************************************************************************

 

Devon has got to be one of the dumbest guys I have ever met. How he could put his hands on Anais is beyond me. We get in the house and see that Misty is waiting up for us. When she notices us she jumps up from the chair and runs towards Anais.

 

“Hun are you ok?” She asks still pretty worried.

 

“I’m fine really Mist. You didn’t need to stay up and wait for us.” Anais replies while giving Misty a hug.

 

“Why don’t you girls go ahead to bed. I’ll lock up and everything.” I say

 

“What about Trace?” Misty asks.

 

“He’ll be alright, just leave him on the couch.” I say.

 

I watch as Misty and Anais head up stairs and I stand there and think for a second, why am I not with her? Devon doesn’t deserve her. Then again who am I to say I do either. I just wanna give her every thing, treat her like the princess she is. I just want to love her. I break out of my thoughts and cut the TV off and lock the door. I cover Trace up and then head up to Anais room. At least for the rest of the weekend I may be able to keep her safe in my arms.

 

*******************************************************************************

 

Misty and I sit on her bed for a few minutes talking. She tells me if I really need to I can stay at her house for a few days while Devon gets his things out of my apartment. I honestly feel like it is all starting to get to me.

 

“Anais are you sure you are gonna be alright?” Misty asks me breaking me of my thoughts.

 

I look at her and I feel the tears start to burn my eyes. “I don’t know anymore Mist. It’s like I feel so stupid for not seeing this coming. The fact that he was so jealous of Justin and Trace. Asking me to not spend so much time with them. All the signs point to him being controlling and a bunch of other things.”

 

Misty gives me a big hug while I start wiping at my eyes. I’m such a baby sometimes.

 

“Hey Mist I’m gonna head to bed. I am so tired and I just want this night to be over.”

 

“Yea you should defiantly go get some rest. Tomorrow is a new day! Hey how about we go shopping tomorrow?”

 

I turn and smile and her. “Yea that sounds like a plan. Night Misty.”

 

“Night Na.”

 

I walk down the hall to my room and when I open the door I smile cuz I see the one thing I know in my heart I always want. To see Justin waiting for me in bed. I know he’s not asleep even though his eyes are closed. I close the door and start to change my clothes.

 

“So aren’t you gonna open your eyes and watch me strip?” I ask even though I know my voice is cracking.

 

“I would but it’s not as fun when you’re a little stressed and I know you’ve been crying.”

 

“Sometimes it’s bad that you know me so well.” I state while throwing my pants on the chair.

 

Justin sits up in the bed and looks at me. “Snuggs I know you’re not ok so why don’t you stop trying to act strong and pretend you are?”

 

I sigh. “I don’t feel like he deserves any of my tears Justin! I’m so angry with myself for giving up so much for him and to have him hurt me! Do you know how that feels?"

 

I feel myself starting to get more and more angry. I don’t want to be all girly and get so very emotional but I know I will and more than likely I am gonna cry myself to sleep.

 

Justin reaches out to grab me. “Just clam down Anais I know this is getting hard for you and I know that you are upset, but none of this is your fault.”

 

Once again I’m wiping my eyes and trying to clam down. God I just want this night to be over.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story