Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the story. Keep leaving comments please.

My feeling of sickness quickly turned into blood rushing anger and I ran back down the stairs and into the living room. When I got there my mother looked at me strangely and begin to ask me questions.

 

“Honey I thought you were going to change into your pajama’s?”

 

I didn’t even bother to look at her. Nor did I bother to reply to her question. I just stared at Devon until I let the words I was thinking come out of my mouth.

 

“What the fuck are you doing here?” I yell.

 

“Anais!” My dad yells.

 

I again ignore anything my parents are saying to me and stare at Devon with hateful eyes.

 

“You won’t return any of my phone calls and I knew you would be here this weekend so I asked your parents if I could come down and talk to you. Please baby we can work this all out.” He says while walking towards me.

 

I step back cuz I think I might be sick by the slightest touch. “You have a lot of nerve showing up here you know that?” I ask

 

Both my parents are looking slightly confused but more annoyed at the situation that is being played out in front of them.

 

“Anais what ever is going on between you and Devon I am sure you guys can work it out. You just need to sit down and talk things through.” My mother says.

 

I turn and face my mom. “Why couldn’t you guys just talk to me before you go butting into my love life? You don’t even know what happened or why I am so angry with him!”

 

“Well what ever it is sunshine I’m sure you guys can work it out.” My dad says calmly

 

I know there is such a better way to do this but I’m too upset to even deal with it right now. I turn back to Devon.

 

“Get the hell out of my parent’s house now!” I yell

 

“Anais please can we just talk? I know I hurt you but please baby.”

 

I’m completely stunned. The fact that he just said that is just so wow. My brain can’t even function correctly.

 

“There is nothing left to say get out of my parent’s house now stop calling me stop coming by just stop it!” I yell again as I turn to walk away.

 

Devon must be really stupid or he just wants to die cuz he actually tired to grab my arm and stop me from leaving the room. When I yanked my arm back he looked at me with those please don’t do this eyes. Then he got smart once again and let me go. I walked up to my room and immediately picked up the phone and dial those familiar numbers.

 

********************************************************************************

 

Trace and I were sitting in my old room talking and drinking beers when my cell phone rang. I smiled as soon as I heard the ringer.

 

“What’s up Snuggs?”

 

“Justin I need you and Trace over here now!” Anais says

 

I can tell she is trying to stay clam it’s just the way her voice sounds.

 

“What’s the matter?” I ask. Trace is watching me very closely.

 

“I was gonna do it J. I was gonna tell my parents what happened when we got home. But low and behold what did they do they had already invited Devon here!”

 

“Wait what? Devon’s at your parent’s house right now?” I say jumping up already with Trace right behind me.

 

“Yea I don’t know if he has left yet. I told him about 4 times to leave but my parents might be trying to find out why I’m reacting like this.”

 

I hear her tell me to hold on and I hear her mother in the background asking her to come down and talk with them. I also hear her saying that what ever it is she and Devon can work through it as long as they talk it through. Then I hear Anais voice through the phone again.

 

“J just please you and Trace hurry up and get here.” She says desperately

 

“We’re already in the car on our way.” I say as we hang up.

 

“Yo J what’s going on? Is Na ok?” Trace asks.

 

“No that fucker Devon is at her parent’s house.” I say pissed.

 

“Are you serious? He has some nerve showing up there.”

 

I look over at Trace. “Would you believe her parents were the ones who invited him over?” I ask.

 

“Oh you have got to be shittin me! Usually they stay out of her love life.”

 

“I know which makes this even more baffling to me.” I say as we pull up to Anais parent’s house.

 

I dial her cell to let her know we are here and she comes out to the front and looks a little worried. After a second I see Devon follow and this just sends me into overdrive. I also know that Trace and Anais know I want to beat the crap out of this guy so why act like I am not going to. I start walking up to Anais, with Trace running up behind me.

 

“J no I know what you want to do and he is not wroth it you know it!” Anais says pledging with me.

 

I don’t care what she is saying to me. I never liked Devon in the 1st place.

 

“I should have known that she would call her good ole trusty guard dog” Devon says in that oh so smug voice and I just lose it.

 

“You stupid son of a bitch!” I say just as I hit him dead in his face.

 

“OMG J please stop it!” Anais is yelling and Trace is trying to clam her down.

 

“Oh so you want a piece of me Timberass!” Devon says

 

I see Anais parents come out and we hear them ask what’s going on and the next thing I know Devon sucker punches me and busts my lip. So here we are out here fighting and soon Trace and Mr. Taylor are pulling us apart.

 

“Just admit it Justin you’re mad cuz you want what I have.” Devon says smugly

 

“You don’t have shit!” I yell with Trace trying to hold me back.

 

Anais comes and stands in front of me with tears in her eyes.

 

“J please just come in the house with me. Like I said he is so not wroth it. I don’t care what happens to him but I care what happens to you!”

 

“Will someone tell us what the hell is going on?” Mr. Taylor yells

 

“Daddy the reason I got so mad about Devon being here and the reason we broke up was because Devon hit me.”

 

Her mother was in such shock and her dad looked like he was about to go on a killing rampage.  Mr. Taylor turned to Devon.

 

“You put your hands on my daughter?”

 

“Mr. Taylor it wasn’t like that we had a misunderstanding and…”

 

Mr. Taylor cut him off.

 

“You put your fucking hands on my daughter!! If you think what Justin did to you was something you haven’t seen anything yet!” He says rolling up his sleeves.

 

“Daddy Don’t! Like I said to Justin he is not worth it. Please just come in and talk to me. I’ll tell you what happened. Let him go I don’t want my guys going to jail over this ass hole.”

 

I watched her and her dad walk back over towards us and it never seems to amaze me just how strong Anais can be. She can be in the worst of situations and still mange to have a sensible head. It’s just one of the many things I adore about her. We all head in the house and into the living room.

 

“Honey why didn’t you tell us what happened?” Mrs. Taylor asked.

 

“I wanted to but I was a little nervous about it. Then when I got the nerve to do it tonight I got so upset at the fact you let him come here and butted into my love life without talking to me first.” Anais answered.

 

“Justin, Trace I want to thank you both for looking after my little girl.” Mr. Taylor says.

 

“You know you never have to thank us for that. Nobody hurts Na.” Trace replied.

 

It’s just been that way since we were younger. Nobody ever hurt Anais and got away with it. We stayed there and talked for a little longer. Soon Mr. & Mrs. Taylor headed up to bed and left the 3 of us to talk.

 

“Anais you sure you’re ok?” Trace asked?

 

“Yea I’m fine now. Thank you guys for coming so fast.”

 

“Well as soon as you said Devon was here there was no taking our time.” I replied.

 

“Can you guys stay here tonight?” Anais asked us.

 

Trace and I look at each other. She’s pretty shaken up and it’s so obvious. I hate seeing her like this.

 

“Of course we’ll stay Na. We can make it a sleep over thing like we use to when we were younger.” Trace answers.

 

“Yea it will be fun we can stay up and watch movies and talk and shit like we use to.” I say trying to make Anais feel better.

 

“Thank you guys. I’m just gonna go up and hop in the shower real quick and then I’ll bring you guys something to sleep in.”

 

I watch her get up and head up the stairs to her room and I feel Trace staring at me.

 

“You would have killed him had we not been there.” Trace says breaking me from my trance.

 

“I don’t necessarily know that I would have killed him as opposed to hurting him really badly.” I say

 

“J you were ready to kill him I saw the look in your eyes. You wanted him dead for hurting Anais. I mean hell you already disliked the guy.”

 

“This is true.” I laugh.

 

“You think she is gonna be ok?” Trace asks

 

“Yea, I just think she needs a fun night with us and the fact that she knows all three of her protectors are in one house, she doesn’t have to worry that one of us will go out and do something crazy to Devon.”

 

“I believe that’s the real reason she asked us to stay. Just so she doesn’t have to worry we will be out trying to kill that fool.” Trace laughs.

 

“Yea that’s defiantly one of the reasons but not the only one.” I reply glancing back up the stairs.

 

********************************************************************************

 

So yea it finally happened. Justin and Devon came to blows. I knew it would come about soon. I mean when Devon and I first got together I didn’t think it would get here. I figured they might have a few disagreements but nothing like this. I sit down on my bed for a minute and just enjoy the quietness until I hear my cell phone ring.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey sweetie. How are you?” Misty asks

 

“OMG you don’t even wanna know right now.” I say as I get up to find Justin and Trace something to sleep in.

 

“Aww baby what happened?”

 

“Well let’s see, Devon called my parents to try and get them to help him win me back. Of course you know he didn’t tell them what he did, so they invited him up here for the weekend.”

 

“WHAT!!! Are you fucking serious!” Misty yells into the phone.

 

“Yea and that’s not even the half of it. I ended up snapping on him and then ran to call Trace and Justin.”

 

“Shit I’m mad I missed that one.” She laughs

 

“OMG Mist, Justin was gonna kill Devon if we hadn’t been there. Then as soon as my dad found out jezz I was looking at Trace and my mom like what are we gonna do. If it wasn’t for the fact that they would do anything for me I would have never gotten them into the house with out them killing Devon first.” I sigh

 

“Well at least he got his ass kicked cuz Na you know he deserved at least that much.”

 

“Yea I know and I really don’t deny that but he is defiantly not worth my guys going to jail.”

 

“This is true. But other than that whole thing how have things been going?”

 

“Good. We had fun at the barbeque tonight. Listen Mist let me call you tomorrow. Justin and Trace are downstairs waiting on me.” I say

 

“Oh ok babe, just give me a call tomorrow after you’re done with everything.”

 

We hang up and I go back downstairs to see that Justin and Trace made popcorn and have juice for us. I laugh when I see what movie they have picked out for us to watch. I hand them both the clothes I got for them to wear to bed and I sit down.

 

“What are you laughing at?” Trace asks

 

“You guys hate “Ever After” and yet you guys picked it out or am I mistaken that we are gonna watch it.” I ask.

 

“You’re right we do hate this movie but for you we can bare through it for tonight.” Justin says as he heads for the bathroom.

 

After Trace and Justin both got changed we let the let out bed out and we started the movie. It reminded me so much of old times. I was in the middle of these two goof balls and they were throwing popcorn while I was trying to watch the movie.

 

“I swear I don’t know why you guys put this movie on and you never let me watch it in peace.” I laugh.

 

“We were trying to help though!” Trace says trying to feed me some popcorn.

 

“Ok, Ok, guys we should really try and get some sleep seeing as we have runs to make tomorrow for my aunt.” Justin says.

 

“Yea Justin’s right.” I reply as I start turning off stuff.

 

When I get back in the bed I lay there and think I am so lucky to have people that care about me so much.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story