Author's Chapter Notes:

"To give him more freedoms would only lead to disaster."

Justin just rolled his eyes and he took watch over the small city part. Michael had been thrilled when the blond had finally shown up and had quickly taken his leave. Of course, he had offered a remark or two over the fact that he had been stuck with Justin’s watch but the other had just brushed him off completely, as he often did to most. Sitting on one of the high rooftops, he watched the children as played amount with another. Some were with their parents and others with their friends, while some played by the lake the others walked their dogs or what not.

The young angel was pleased to see the joy surrounding him but soon enough he grew very bored and his mind began to wander and wonder. He just didn’t understand a lot of things and no one seemed about to clarify his reality or offer answers to his questions. He wanted so badly to know when he would be given the chance to truly help those he watched.

Looking around he just sighed, at this point, this was all there as to it. He watched over the children who had families and who were happy. He was grateful for each smile they gave and he shared in their joy but he wanted more then anything to help those who needed him. He wanted to do some good, he knew so many suffered in the human world, he could feel those children who felt that they were alone and who cried at night. Why did no one understand how much he wanted to help?

Biting his bottom lip, he was soon brought back to the sight before him. Looking down over everyone, he ran a hand through his hair before leaning forward. He knew he was supposed to keep his distance but, he was a curious, always curious and soon he pushed himself from the ledge and allow his wings to take him towards the ground.

As he hit the grass, he looked left and right quickly to make sure no one took notice of him, no one had and he smiled some. Shifting some he soon blended in with the rest f the young men and women. He didn’t know why he loved to be among the humans so much but he did. They were very interesting and God had made them the responsibility of the angels, shouldn’t he know all he could about them and their ways?

The clothing he now wore matched those of a teenager. Pulling his hoodie down some, he raised the hood and headed towards the lake. How he loved the water for whatever reason. Licking his lips, he soon stood at the edge and watched as a few children waited by the water’s edge. Kneeling down he dipped his hand into the water but felt nothing and frowned. Much of that which humans take for granted was not able to be felt by an angel, the water, a light breeze or the warmth of the sun being a few he could name. They had senses of course but not on earth and he something wished to know what the cold felt like on earth.

He was full of questions; it wasn’t that he wasn’t happy with what and who he was. He didn’t know anything else and therefore should truly just content but he wasn’t and that sometimes scared him. Not as much as it scared Christopher however but that was another story all together.

One Justin didn’t know anything about which may just be a mistake.

Angels were made a certain way, they mad to be servants and they were made to only know heaven and the ways of their world and God. It was safe existence and one that was far too pure and precious to be questioned. This didn’t stop Justin unfortunately from questioning twenty-four seven.

~

Joseph could smell the angel and he could sense him, even if he couldn’t yet see him. Looking upwards he knew that the little one was close by, he’d hunted angels a long time now, before the human race had come and he would hunt them long after they were gone. Just like angels and heaven, demons and hell were eternal. He formed his own sort of agreement with the devil, as many other of his kind had.

He to worked to take down God by hitting him where it hurt the most. Of all his creations of course, man was by far the one he held closet to his hart. The angels however were a second and so much harder to steal and to turn. Nevertheless, he did what he could, some times were harder then others but overall he did well. He had caused the fall of many and he doubted the loses went unfelt.

Taking pride in such actions was truly sickening but he was not one to care or to feel. Overall, he was rewards. He took and kept one for pleasure and only when he grew tired of them did they leave his side for the next step. Most often, it was hell but most welcomed it.

As the boy finally revealed himself Joseph’s eyes found him immediately. To the world, he may have looked like an other teenager but to the demon, he looked of more. The male could see the purity and the innocence pouring from the thin and shapely curved body. Biting his bottom lip, he was half-tempted to take him then and there.

Everyone creature he was always someone new of his choosing. James’ time with him was nearly complete but oddly enough …

It wasn’t so much Justin that he wanted. Not at all actually but he knew he could use him to get what really wanted and in the end, he’d be a good runner up. He’d just watch him for now though, in the end the child would make his own trap, they all did.

~

The hadn’t talked about their estranged in years, they preferred to just forget and to just pretend. The truth hurt enough to live through to once, when relive it and why morn what you could not change?

“He isn’t James though.” Joshua said as the to moved along the waters edge. Neither wanted to remain in the church after awhile.

“I know he isn’t.” Christopher said with a near eye roll. “However that doesn’t mean he couldn’t end up like him. He isn’t satisfied with who and what he is. He always wants more. Curiosity might be healthy but …” Shaking his head he just trailed off.

“May I be so bold?” the angel asked softly. He wanted permission to speak freely and honestly. Hat he had to say was not harsh but he didn’t want to make the other feel as if he were being disrespectful. Joshua always worried about making any sort or mistake. He feared being prideful or arrogant. More then that though, he knew the subject at hand were one of great pain and he didn’t want this any harder then it already was.

Stopping a moment, the older of the two looked on and merely nodded. Why did he have that sinking feeling that he wasn’t going to like what was about to be said to him? He knew he treated Justin as if he were a mistake in the making but he didn’t view him as such. He cared for him and even loved him and it was his safety he was worried. He didn’t want him to be hurt and the boy was just careless.

“You gave James great love and affection, yet to Justin you give almost none. The way you cared for James did not cause him to fall. His own choices are what did that. I know you may fear that you gave James too much and maybe in fact you did but to give Justin to less would only lead to the same end.”

The words were met with a cold and harsh look. The very same that Justin often received and Joshua looked away. He was never one to point out the mistakes of others and in truth a wave of guilt rushed over him for such thoughts and feelings. “Forgive me.” He whispered not looking back at his elder. “I just worry for you both.” He confused.

Christopher’s eyes softened some and he did not say anything. He knew that he often hurt Justin’s feelings but the boy was born arrogant in a way. He didn’t feel the laws and the consequences applied to him, that the dangers of hell would temped him and if they did … He seemed the kind that may give in. He wanted to play and he wanted to be less then what he was. Lance was the same, he had wanted nothing more then to enjoy the life of a human and in the end and he received the life of a slave.

The male often looked in on his old charge, maybe to remind himself or punish himself though Lance’s pain. Yes, he knew the blond had made his own choice but so did they all and he refused to ignore in Justin the mistakes and the sin. Saying nothing, he walked away from his friend. He did not look back, he was angrier but he knew there was some truth in Joshua’s words but Justin was getting worse, nothing seemed to change and nothing seemed to work.

To give him more freedoms would only lead to disaster.


Incomplete
Jace is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked A Fall From Grace also liked 214 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story