Story Notes:
I wrote this story a LONG time ago for an old friend for her Christmas present. I realized I hadn't posted it, so here it is.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Banner: Ashley G.

I Never Knew the Meaning of Christmas
By: Traci W.
For: Ashley G.


Lookin’ back on childhood days
I can’t believe my foolish ways
Thought that Christmas only came from a store
Had to know what was there for me
Underneath the Christmas tree
I didn’t know that there could be so much more
But in all of the rush
I was missing so much
Girl you made me finally see


Josh zipped up his army jacket, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He walked down the dirt road of Main Street kicking the rocks with his boots. He came out here to get some fresh air, and start shopping for Christmas presents. Christmas was getting closer and closer, and he hadn’t even started shopping yet. As he walked down the street, flashbacks of his childhood flashed.

17 year old Josh sat on the couch with his 14 year old sister, and 15 year old brother next to him. They were waiting for their parents to come back from the kitchen so they could open presents. Christmas just wasn’t the same for him, he seemed to be an old fuddy duddy now that he was the big ‘1-7’. His brother and sister were anxiously waiting to rip into their presents. Josh knew he had to get into the spirit or his mom would be mad. They were having all their family over today for their annual Christmas feast, so he just had to be in the spirit.

Soon Karen and Roy came down from their bedroom, and Heather and Tyler rushed to the tree. Josh watched them, and smiled soon getting into the spirit and ran to grab a present for himself. Roy and Karen watched from the couch, smiling at their 3 children. This was usually how Christmas morning went for the Chasez family. Soon the presents were opened, and the 3 kids ran around the house with their presents running a muck. They were running around causing a ruckus, when the door bell rang. Josh ran to answer it, to his surprise a women his mother’s age, and a girl about his brother’s age (15) were standing there.

“Hi” he said embarrassed he was still in his pajamas
“Good Morning” the women said “Merry Christmas”
“Merry Christmas” Josh replied
Then his mom stepped behind him, putting a hand on his shoulder letting him know she was there behind him.
“Good Morning” Karen said “Can I help you?”
The women smiled “My name is Jean, and we just wanted to come by and let you know we moved in, we’re your new neighbors”
“Oh well, Welcome, I’m Karen, and this is my oldest Josh”
“Hi, this is my oldest Ashley”
Josh looked at the girl, her name running through his mind.


Josh had bumped into someone, causing his flashback to disappear,
“Excuse me” he mumbled moving out of the way
“Josh?” came the familiar voice
He turned and saw Ashley looking grown up as ever.
“Ashley!” he said with a smile
She smiled “How are you?” she pulled him into a hug “When did you get back?”
“I’m ok” he replied “I got back about a week ago”
She looked up at him, as they broke the hug he looked so good, a little tired but the same old Josh she remembered.
“Have you eaten yet?” he asked
She shook her head “No, I was just getting some last minute shopping done” she said
“Want to grab a bite?” he asked
She smiled, and grabbed his hand
“Sure” she said
He smiled as he walked with her to the local diner.

That I never knew the meaning of Christmas
‘Till you came into my life
I was lost in the dark
‘Till you opened my heart
Like an angel shining bright
I wished on a star
And girl here you are
Suddenly I realize
That I never knew the meaning of Christmas
‘Till I looked into you eyes


They walked into the local diner and sat down at the booth in the back. The waitress came to drop off their menus.
“So, what have you been up too?” he asked “you look all grown up”
She blushed “You swear I’m that much younger then you” she said
He laughed “Well” he said shrugging
“Nothing, I’m finishing up my last year of college…I’m just home for the holidays”
“Wow, I’ve been gone that long?” he asked
She smiled “Well between college and war basically”
He nodded. The waitress came back, and they ordered their dinner, and then went back into their conversation.
“So…any boyfriends I should know about?” he asked
She rolled her eyes “A few off and on, nothing serious”
“Hmm” he said sipping his iced tea
She laughed “What?” she asked
“Nothing” he said smiling “Did you bring any home?”
“What, for Christmas?” she asked
“Yea” he smiled
“Oh no” she said “I wouldn’t do that to them unless it was for real”
“Why?” he asked
“Cause my family would tear him apart” she said
He laughed “So true” he said
Their food arrived, and they ate and continued to talk about what had been going on with themselves since the last time they had spoken.
“So your family having their big annual Christmas dinner?” she asked
“Yea…” he said “you guys coming?”
She smiled “Sure” she said
“Cool” he said
As they ate, Ashley watched him as he woofed down his burger like he hadn’t eaten in weeks, which was nothing new for him.
“So, were there any cute army guys with you?” she asked
“Oh yes, because I look at them” he said
She laughed “Well,” she finished eating “That was good”
He laughed
“You really look all grown up” he said
She smiled “You look handsome yourself”
He smiled
“All spiffed up in your uniform” she said
He laughed.

They continued the evening, talking and laughing have a good time. Soon Josh paid the bill and they walked back outside. She looked at her watch

”I better get going” she said “my mom will get worried”
“Can I walk you home?” he asked
She smiled “Sure” she said
She grabbed his hand, and they walked home down the road. They continued to talk mostly about their childhood and memories of past Christmas’. Finally they reached her house, and he walked her up the steps to her porch.
“Well here I am” she said
“Here you are” he said
“Thanks for dinner” she said
He grinned “No problem” he said “That’s what friends are for”
She laughed, and he smiled
“I’ll see you on Christmas” he said
She nodded “See you then”
With that she walked inside. He smiled and walked to his house and walked inside himself all smiles.

Comin’ home for the holidays
Seeing friends from around away
There was always something missing for me
On a sleigh ride caroling
Didn’t really mean anything
Without that someone who can make it complete
While the snows falling down
There was joy all around
‘Cause girl your love has shown me the way


Christmas day came quickly; Josh had spent the whole week shopping for his family. He hadn’t seen Ashley once, which he thought was odd, but he knew he would see her on Christmas day. He walked down the stair’s Christmas morning, and smelled the scent of freshly brewed coffee. He walked into the kitchen and saw his mom standing at the counter setting up some mugs for coffee. She turned when he walked in and smiled.

“Good morning Josh, Merry Christmas” she said
He walked over and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
“Merry Christmas mom” he replied
“Coffee?” she asked
“Yes, please” he replied
She grabbed one of the mugs from the counter top, and pour him a cup, as Josh went to sit down at the bar on the bar stool.
“Did you sleep well?” she asked
He shrugged; she smiled knowing the war was still fresh in his mind. She handed him his coffee and he took it with a smile.
“You ok honey?” she asked him concerned
“Fine” he said “just not awake yet”
She laughed “Just doesn’t seem the same anymore….does it?” she asked “After everything you’ve been through”
He shrugged “Christmas was never that way to me mom, even when I was younger”
She smiled and ruffled his hair
”Yes I know” she said “I always talked your brother and sister into trying to get you excited…and it worked”
He smiled “I matured too early” he said
She leaned over and kisses his head
“Yea, but not to mature for a hug” she said
He smiled and hugged his mom close, taking in the scent of his familiar home. As they broke the hug, they heard the excited footsteps coming down the stairs of his brother and sister. Even at their age now, they were still excited about Christmas.
“Merry Christmas!” they both shouted
Josh laughed, as Heather and Tyler came bouncing into the kitchen all smiles. Karen and Josh laughed
“Merry Christmas” Josh and Karen said
“Come on let’s go open presents” Tyler said
“You guys get some coffee and I’ll go wake up your father” Karen said
They nodded, and Karen headed up the stairs.

A few hours later, presents were opened and everyone was happy. They were now getting ready for their annual Christmas dinner. Josh was in his room getting dressed, Karen wanted him to wear his uniform. Guests had started to arrive, but Josh stayed in his room awhile longer. He was waiting for Ashley to arrive if he let himself believe it. Since he’d seen her he couldn’t stop thinking about her and he didn’t know why. He always saw her as a little sister, even though he had one, she was just an extension. But now, she seemed grown up and mature and he felt he could trust her with all his secrets. He looked at himself once more, before he heard his name being called. He opened the door and heard the Christmas tunes being played. He took a deep breath and headed down the hallway to the stairway. He heard the laughter of his friends and family, and he walked down the stairs. People turned as he walked down, and smiled at him.

“Josh!” everyone said rushing over to give him hugs
He smiled as he hugged each family member and friend, they were glad he was home safe and sound. His best friend walked over and slapped him on the back
“Good to see ya!” Tony said
Josh smiled and turned to hug his best friend
“Wow, don’t you look spiffy” Tony said
Josh smiled “Thanks,” he said “So what’s been going on?”
“Nothing much” Tony said “Just trying to get through life”
“Yea” Josh said “How’s your family?”
“They’re good” he said “they should be around later”

They talked for awhile, then more people began to show and Josh had to hug and talk to all of them. All his aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, were there and they were anxious to see him as well. It had seemed like hours had passed, and everyone showed up except Ashley and her family. He had been helping his mom set up the dinning table in the dinning room, when the door bell rang. Karen had called everyone into the dinning room, so Josh went to answer the door. He answered it, and there Ashley stood with a smile along with her family.

“Hey, glad you could make it” Josh said
“Sorry we’re late” Jean said as she hugged him hello
“It’s okay, we were just about to eat” he said
Everyone walked inside, Ashley stayed behind as Josh took everyone’s coats. She watched him with a smile.
“Merry Christmas” she said
“Merry Christmas” he said with a smile
He went to hang up their jackets, and Ashley walked with him into the dinning room. They all sat down at the long table with the Christmas feast in front of them. It had seemed like old times, and Josh was beginning to get into the spirit.

After dinner, Karen was in the kitchen cleaning up; Josh stayed in the door way watching Ashley as she sat down with some old friends, in the living room and talked to them. He watched as she innocently flirted with Tony, and couldn’t help himself for getting a little jealous. He didn’t know why these feelings had come up, but they had and he needed to do something about them. He had to tell her how he felt, even though he kept it inside for so long. Karen watched her son, from the sink and knew what he was thinking. She walked over, and put a hand on his shoulder, and he turned to look at her.

“Go tell her Josh” Karen said with a smile “You will regret it if she gets away”
Josh looked at her like, like she was crazy. How could she have known, he barely realized it for himself; how could she have known already. She saw his face, and smiled and reached up to kiss his cheek.
“Mother’s always know” she said with a wink
Then she walked into the kitchen to finish the dishes. He watched her, then got an idea and walked up the stairs into his room. He had a plan.

He went into his room and got together something special for Ashley. He waited in his room looking out the window in the front of the house waiting for the surprise to arrive. He saw it, and rushed down the stairs

He rushed through the hallway and into the living room. Ashley was sitting there talking still, and Josh walked over to her and stood in front of her with a smile. She looked up at him, with a smile.

"Yes" she said
He smiled "Want to come with me for a minute?" he asked
She smiled "For what?" she asked even though she stood up

He grabbed her hand, and walked with her to the door. Everyone watched them, as Josh brought her to the front door. He opened it, and smiled making Ashley step out first. She did so, and looked out. And there right down the path on the street was a sleigh, with a horse and everything beautifully decorated with Christmas stuff. She gasped and turned to look at him.

"Would you like a ride?" he asked
She smiled, "Yes" she said

He laughed, as he walked with her to the sleigh. He held his hand up for her to get inside, and told to driver to go to the park. Ashley looked over at Josh, as he looked out around town. She smiled, and gripped his hand.

"So..." she said "Is there something you would like to tell me...or is this just a joy ride?"
He looked at her with a smile, and rubbed her hands with his.
"Well... I don't know what it is..." he said "But..."

She watched him, he was nervous she knew it. He was going to get ready to start biting his thumb nail right about now. She leaned over and took his other hand too, looking into his ice blue eyes. He looked into hers memorized. She then reached up, and pulled him into a light sensual kiss. His eyes closed, he was enjoying this as he kissed her back, not really believing it was actually happening. They broke the kiss, and Ashley looked up at him.

"I like you" he said bluntly "And...I want to...um...ask you out"
Ashley smiled, he was still so innocent. She didn't know why, he was always more mature for his age but something was different.
"I like you too" she said "And if that was you asking me out...then I’m saying yes"
He sighed "I knew you didn't feel the-" he started then looked at her, like he had seen a ghost "What?"
She giggled "I accept" she said with a smile

He laughed, as he pulled her into a hug onto his lap. She laughed as she sat down on his lap under the blanket that was provided and hugged him close. He laughed holding her in his arms, as then noticed the white flakes falling from the sky. He looked up, at the sky and smiled.

"Hey Ash..." he said
"Yea" she said with a smile
"It's snowing!" he said smiling
He gasped and looked up at the sky and flake of snow falling on her nose and she giggled
"OMG!" she screamed "Let's go play in it" she said

He laughed, and told the drive to pull over. He did so, and they jumped out of the sleigh, and ran around the park laughing and playing in the snow.

That I never knew the meaning of Christmas
‘Till you came into my life
I was lost in the dark
‘Till you opened my heart
Like an angel shining bright
I wished on a star
And girl here you are
Suddenly I realize
That I never knew the meaning of Christmas
‘Till I looked into your eyes


Things have been good between Ashley and Josh. They had started dating that next day after Christmas, and spent their New Years together. Ashley continued her last year of college, while Josh went to find a job for himself. Since he was still a part of the army, he would be on call until the war was over. So he did his best to start a carrier for himself in case he was never called back. He started up a construction business with his best friend Tony. It had been 6 months since Ashley and Josh had been dating. Ashley was graduating College, and Josh was there to watch her walk across the stage and receive her diploma. He also had a surprise for her at the party her parent's were throwing for her at her house. He walked with her hand in hand towards the door, she smiled watching him. He then knew he had to do it, it was now or never. He turned and looked down at her, and she smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked
She looked at him "Sure" she said

He walked with her to the back of the house, on the porch so they could have a little privacy. They were standing there facing each other, and Josh got down on one knee and looked up into her eyes. She smiled, knowing what was coming and her eyes began to tear. He smiled as he took her hand and kissed it.

"Ashley...will you marry me" he replied taking the ring from his pocket holding it for her to see.
She looked at him, and then at the ring more tears escaping and she smiled.
"Okay..." she said
He laughed and slipped the ring onto her finger as he stood up and she hugged him tightly. He smiled wrapping his arms around her, holding he close.
"I love you" he said
She grinned "I love you" she faced him and pulled him into a kiss.
He kissed her back, holding her close. They broke it, and looked into each other's
"You know we have to tell them now right?" he said
She smiled "Yes...but I don't mind" she said

He grinned and pulled her in for another kiss. They broke it and walked back into the house, everyone was busy setting up, listening to music and snacking as Ashley had to go and mingle it was her graduation party. After secret looks all night long between Ashley and Josh they decided it was the perfect time to tell everyone. They stood in the middle of the living room friends and family gathered.

"Ok everyone...Josh and I have an announcement to make" she said gripping his hand
He smiled, as everyone watched them
"We're getting married!" Ashley squealed showing everyone her left hand

Everyone gasped in shock, the women squealing getting up quickly to get a look at the ring, as Josh stood back watching them. Things were turned out just right, like the way he planed. He was so glad she said yes though, because he didn't know what he would do if she had said no. But she didn't say no, she said yes he was just so happy. Soon the party was over, and people left. Josh stayed behind to help clean up then he headed home. Ashley stood with him by his car, holding him close laying her head on his chest. He hugged her close, rubbing her back.

"I'll see you tomorrow" he said kissing her head
"And we can start planning?" she said looking up at him
He laughed "Yes if you want too, we'll start planning"
"Yeay" she said
He laughed, and kissed her forehead "I better get going" he said "My mom will wonder..."
She giggled, and stood on her tippy toes to kiss his lips lightly.
"Ok...drive safe" she said
"I will" he said and broke away from her to get into his car
He started it, and Ashley watched as he drove off, she smiled and turned and walked inside.

But in all of the rush
I was missing so much
Girl you made me finally see…yeah


Months had passed since Josh proposed and they had done a lot of planning. The wedding would be January 19th. It was now a day before the wedding, and everything was going so fast. Ashley and Josh were doing the last minute plans, and then they headed back to her house to sit and relax before their engagement party that was going to be held that night. They were sitting together on a love seat, Ashley in Josh's arms. He had his arms around her, as she leaned back against him.

"It's almost over" he said
"I know" she said with a smile
He hugged her close "Can you believe we're finally going to be married tomorrow?" he asked
She smiled "Yes" she said
He smiled and turned so he was facing her and he kissed her lips lightly. She smiled, and kissed him back turning in his lap so she was straddling him. He groaned, as he held her waist and broke the kiss. She looked down at him, and smiled.
"We better not take this too far" she warned
"I know" he said and began to rub her back "Jus wait until tomorrow...you're mine"

She smiled, and leaned down to kiss him again. They spent a little while lying on the couch, making out and talking before Josh had to go get ready for the party as well as Ashley.

They had set up for a limo to pick them up, and take them to the party. It picked up Josh first, and then went to pick up Ashley. It reached her house, and she was out on the porch waiting. He smiled as he got out,

"Your chariot awaits" he said with a smile opening her door

She smiled and walked towards him, getting into the limo after kissing his cheek. He went to the other side and got into the limo. The drive made his way to the hall where the party was being held. Ashley snuggled into Josh's arms. She couldn't wait to be Mr. Joshua Chasez, it was her dream. They made small talk on the way to the hall, and finally reached it. They got out, and held hands as they made their way inside. As they stepped inside the DJ announced their arrival and everyone cheered, flashes from cameras going off all over the place. They went around and talked to family and friends, danced and ate having a good time, it felt like they were married already even though that wouldn't happen until tomorrow. Mostly the people who were at this party were not going to be able to make it to the wedding tomorrow. They had a great time, and then it was time to go home. Ashley and Josh said good-night then went their separate ways to get ready for the big day tomorrow.

The next day came quickly, Ashley was up in the morning to get ready for her hair and nail appointment, and Josh for his nail appointment too (haha). The best men, and brides maids were dressed in their outfits and ready long before the bride and groom were close. They were rushed to the church after their appointments, and into their rooms to get ready. Soon people began to arrive, and the church began to fill with their family and friends. Josh sat nervously in his room, getting ready to bit his newly manicured nail when Tony walked in.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he asked
Josh looked up at him, his eyes big “Ton…stop” he said “I’m nervous”
“Why?” Tony said walking into the room and next to him “You don’t need to be nervous, she hasn’t run away yet”
Josh looked up at him, scared and Tony laughed
“Josh…please” he said “Relax…close your eyes and take a deep breath”
Josh did so, leaning back against the chair, and closed his eyes. After taking a few deep breaths he felt a little better. He then turned to look at Tony.
“Have you seen her?” he asked
Tony smiled “You’re going to drop dead” he said with a wink
Josh smiled, and then stood up to fix his bow tie. Then there was a knock on the door
“Josh, time to take your place” Karen replied
“Okay” he said taking a deep breath

Tony watched him and hugged him, then walked with him to the aisle where he walked his mom down the aisle. After were his father and sister, then his brother with Ashley’s mom. The song started to play as the flower girl and ring barer walked down the aisle and then Tony walked down with the maid of Honor, Ashley’s sister Alyssa and then the rest of the brides maids followed. Finally the wedding march started, and Ashley appeared at the end of the aisle with her father. Josh watched them, and took a breath as she started down the aisle. She was all smiles, like usual as she gripped her dad’s arm making her way to her soon to be husband. She reached Josh, and her father took her hands and put them into Josh’s and kissed her cheek. He then stepped down to sit with his wife. Josh and Ashley walked up the step to stand in front of the minister.

The ceremony started, as Josh and Ashley looked into each other’s eyes. Knowing after this moment they would be together forever. They had decided to do traditional vows, instead of making up their own because it was how Ashley’s mother had done it. So once they had repeated their vows, they were ready for the rings. Ashley was the first to put the ring on Josh’s finger. She did so repeating the words “With this ring I thee wed”. Then Josh took her ring, and slipped it onto her finger also repeating the words “With this ring I thee wed”. The minister then smiled, and said “By the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife…you may kiss the bride”
Josh smiled, as he moved in and kissed Ashley’s lips lightly. The crowd cheered, as they broke the kiss and smiled at each other. They turned and walked down the aisle towards the end and out the church where the limo was waiting for them. They got inside quickly, and the driver made his way towards the reception hall. They both sat back with a sigh, as the limo made its journey. Ashley turned and hugged Josh tightly.

“I’m finally married!” she squealed
Josh smiled, and hugged her back wrapping her into his arms
“We just have to make it past the reception” he said
She laughed and looked up at him facing him, he watched her with a smile
“I love you so much” he said
She smiled and kissed his lips “I love you” she said

Soon they reached the reception hall and were ready to get out. They did so, and held hands as they walked into the room after being announced for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. Chasez. They’re friends and family stood cheering them on, as they made their way into the room, and towards their table where dinner would soon be served. After they finished their meal, they went around and visited all their guests thanking them for coming. Then they had their first dance together as husband and wife. After that, everyone else joined in. It was a night that neither of them would ever forget.

Soon, it was time for Ashley and Josh to go on their way to their honeymoon. They were going to a small cabin in the woods by a lake. They were going for a few days of relaxation. Josh decided he wanted to drive there himself, so they had decorated his car and with the balloons, and streamers, along with the “Just Married” sign. Ashley sat in the passenger seat looking out the window, looking totally relaxed as Josh drove them to their destination. After awhile, they reached the log cabin and they got out of the car to admire the cabin then Josh turned to Ashley.
“Ready?” Josh asked
Ashley smiled, and jumped into Josh’s arms as he smiled and walked up the steps of the cabin and walked her through the threshold. She laughed as she held tightly onto his neck, and looked around it was so nice, roomy, and comforting. It would just be the two of them for a couple of days, no one else to bother them or anything. Josh finally stood Ashley on two feet, and she turned to him hugging his neck and pulled him into a kiss.
“Let me get into something more comfortable” she said with a wink
She grabbed her bag, and walked to the bedroom, while Josh went to get the rest of the stuff out of the car, and came back in closing and locking the front door. They wouldn’t be going anywhere for awhile. He took off his tux jacket, laying it down on the couch as he went to the kitchen to get some wine glasses, and grabbed a bottle of wine. He then went to the bedroom door, and knocked lightly.
“Come in” he heard
He smiled, and opened the door. Ashley was sitting on the bed, leaning back against he mountain of pillows she had a sexy night gown on that he knew she got at her bridal shower. He smiled, as he walked inside, and she giggled
“You like it?” she asked
He smiled, and walked in putting the glasses and wine down on the nightstand, and went to sit next to her.
“I love it…and you” he said
She smiled, and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him in for a steamy kiss. They would then reach that next step together as man and wife.

That I never knew the meaning of Christmas (never knew, never knew, never knew...)
‘Till you came into my life
I was lost in the dark
‘Till you opened my heart
Like an angel shining bright
I wished on a star
And girl here you are
Suddenly I realize
That I never knew the meaning of Christmas
‘Till I looked into you eyes


Josh and Ashley had experienced the most wonderful honeymoon ever. They did whatever they wanted to, and were enjoying every minute of it. They then went home a week later, and Josh took her to her surprise. He had spent the last couple of months building their home. He had worked with Tony, and a couple of other guys to build their dream home. He showed it to her the day they went home from their honeymoon, and she loved it. Josh had built everything in it, the furniture, and rooms; all of it. They then began to settle down as husband and wife. It had been about a month since they had said their I Dos, and things were becoming routine. Ashley worked from 7-3, so she could come home and also be a wife, as Josh did the same coming home at 4 the latest. They enjoyed each other as a married couple very much, and took weekend trips to travel. One weekend, they decided to just lounge around the house and were sitting on the couch; Ashley reading a book, while Josh read the newspaper, then the phone rang. Josh went to answer it

“Hello”
Ashley turned and looked at him, and all she heard was
“Yes Lt. I’ll report Wednesday morning”
He hung up, she watched him as he hung his head down into his hands, and she knew. He would have to leave her for awhile. She got up, and walked towards him, she stood behind him putting a hand on his lower back. He turned and looked at her.
“I…I have to leave” he said in a whisper “They want us to go back out there”
She tried to keep her tears inside, as she looked in his face. He hung his head, tears starting to run down his cheeks. She reached up to wipe them
“Don’t worry…you’ll come back to me” she said
He pulled her into a hug, hiding his face in the side of her neck, he didn’t want to leave her…but he was called, and he must go.

That I never knew the meaning of Christmas
‘Till I looked into your eyes


Josh was shipped out that Wednesday as the wives of his fellow men stood and watched them. It had been 10 months since Josh had left, and now it was going to be Christmas again. Ashley had not heard anything from him for at least a month and she was getting scared. Karen had taken her under her wing while Josh was gone, knowing it had to be hard on her as much as it was on herself. Sometimes when Ashley couldn’t handle it, she stayed over with the Chasez family feeling the comfort of them. She planned on having Christmas with them as well; they still went on with their annual Christmas dinner.

It was Christmas morning, and Ashley woke early she smelled the scent of freshly brewed coffee and knew Karen was awake already. She got up and put on her robe then made her way down the stair’s to the kitchen. She heard voices in the kitchen like whispers, and they sounded so familiar but she couldn’t put her finger on it. She made her way into the kitchen, and stopped. There was one masculine figure she didn’t quite recognize along with Karen. Karen noticed her and smiled,

“Ashley…” she said
The man turned, and Ashley looked at him, it was Josh. She though her eyes were deceiving her as she looked up at the man she married. He had a couple of cuts on his face, and his arm was in a sling but he looked like the same Josh she had last seen when he left. Josh looked at her, tears stating to come to his eyes as he watched her. She almost screamed as she ran to him, hugging him tightly not wanting to kill him. He wrapped his arm around her as he held her close.
“Oh my god” she let out “I missed you”
“Me too baby” he said holding her close, closing his eyes
She started to cry as he held her close, she buried her face in his neck not wanting to let go. He held her close, and finally made her look at him. He looked into her eyes, and pulled her into a passionate kiss.
“I never knew what Christmas meant to me…until I met you when I was 17” he whispered
She looked up at him, she thought she was dreaming. She brought her hands to each side of his face rubbing her thumb lightly across his cheeks.
“I love you” she said “please don’t ever leave again”
He smiled as he hugged her close “Not ever…I will no longer miss another Christmas” he said “or any event in our life”
She smiled, and pulled him into a hug. This was going to be the best Christmas ever.



*&*The End*&*




I Never Knew The Meaning Of Christmas- *Nsync
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com

Completed
Sassy Spacey is the author of 20 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc christmas