Chapter 09

It had almost been a week since Tessa and Justin had gone on their first date. Though Justin knew it was wrong to get involved with his employer, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. There were times that week when Tessa told him to pretend to fall asleep in the theater room, so that at night she could come down and lay with him. They had chosen to keep their relationship secret not only because Justin was her bodyguard but because to the media Tessa needed to appear available.

One morning Justin was doing his usual rounds around the property checking the cameras and lights etc. As he was walking back up the drive way, he looked up the road and saw Tessa rushing towards him, a paper in her hands.

“Justin!” She called and lunged into his arms,

He caught her laughing, as she hugged him tightly and then held out the paper to him.

“I’m nominated!” she replied “I got nominated for a Grammy!!”

“That’s wonderful!” Justin said hugging her again

Tessa laughed as he twirled her around.

“I can’t wait!” she replied “And guess what they invited me to Miami to do two exclusive concerts to make money for the AIDS foundation…its $1,000 a plate!”

He smiled, and put her down as she hugged him tightly.

“Congratulations” he said

“We should celebrate” She said smiling, grabbing his hand as they made their way back towards the house.

“What do you want to do?” Justin asked her, looking around the property and bringing her behind the brush to hide from the view of the house.

“Be with you” she said smiling, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Justin looked at her and smiled, leaning down to kiss her lips lightly. Tessa moved her hands down towards the bottom of his shirt un-tucking it from his pants, and began to run her hands up his abs and chest. Justin had begun to run his hands through her hair, when he had come to his senses and he broke the kiss panting.

“Tess…” he started, “We can’t do this here…”

“Where then?” She asked “Laying with you at night isn’t cutting it anymore”

He looked down at her and kissed her forehead.

“I’ll figure something out” he said,

She hugged him tightly “I better get back to the house” she said “I got people calling me every 5 minutes”

“Okay” He said, as she began to slip from his grip “We’ll talk later”

“Bye” she said, and rushed through the wooden area and back towards the house.

Justin watched her go through the trees and sighed before heading towards the patrol room to make some calls.

~*~

Justin walked into the patrol room and sat down on the love seat in the corner with a huff. He put his sun glasses onto his head as he turned to the table he had his paper work on. He took the cell phone from it’s holder on his hip and went through his phone book, finding the right number. Pressing the call button and put it to his ear hearing the ring, then a familiar voice.

“Hello, this is Johnny” came a voice

“Hey, it’s Justin” Justin said

“Oh hey guy, what’s going on?” Johnny asked

“I jus wanted to see if you had any leads yet” Justin asked

Between the time he had gotten there and now, he had sent the notes and doll to Johnny who had his own private investigating force that worked for him, and hoped to get some leads off the objects.

“Let me get the folder out hold on” Johnny replied and pressed the hold button

Justin looked at the ceiling as he heard the music play over the phone. A minute later Johnny came back onto the line.

“Justin…”

“Still here…”

“Alright” he replied “This guys smarter then we though…no DNA on the letters, no finger prints nothing,”

“What about the glue?” Justin asked “Anything from that?”

“Not done yet” He replied “We’re doing everything we can Justin…just keep doing what you’re doing”

Justin sighed and ran his hand down his face “Alright, call me when you know something”

“We will…” he replied

Justin talked to him a little bit, he had always been close to his boss and knew he would do anything for him, and vise versa. Justin hung up a few minutes later, and lay back in the chair again looking at the ceiling. He really couldn’t keep going on like this, being with Tessa in a more intimate way then was suitable for the job he had to do. He really should break it off with her, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. As he closed his eyes, his cell phone rang and his eyes popped open and he grabbed the phone.

“Hello…”

“Hey baby” came Tessa’s voice

Justin smiled “What’s up?” he asked,

“I’ve figured it out” she said proud of herself

“What have you figured out?” he asked

“A way for us to be alone tonight” she said

“Okay…” he said waiting for her to continue

“Brandon said he had meetings and things, and would be out all night…Joey has a date” she laughed “Can you believe it…a date…and it’s about time for Maria to go visit her family”

“Okay...how are you going to keep them away all night?” he asked

“That’s just it…” she said “I’ll tell them I’ll be just fine with the you, and Tony doesn’t ever stay at night…and if anything happened you’ll be fine to drive…so I’m going to tell them the alarm turns on at 9:00 and doesn’t turn off until 10:00 the next day…no one can come home until then”

“They fell for it?” Justin asked

“Heck yes they did” Tessa said with a smile “So…I expect you to be at the house by 9:00 when the alarm goes on…or you’re just out of luck”

Justin laughed “Well, you sound like you’ve got it together” he said

“Of course I do” she said “I’m gonna order some Chinese for dinner, want anything special?”

“Whatever is fine” he said “You want me to go get some movies?”

She smiled “If you want too…something romantic” she replied

Justin groaned, and Tessa laughed

“You know you love it” she replied

He laughed “I’ll see you tonight okay?” he asked

“Okay baby” she replied “see you then”

“Bye”

With that they both hung up. Justin sighed again and looked at the ceiling, something had to change. He didn’t want it to, but it had too eventually. Justin then got up and grabbed his keys and headed up the drive way to his car, before calling Joey and telling him he was heading out for a minute. He got into his car and headed towards the nearest video rental store to rents some videos for their night in.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey