Chapter 11

Justin’s eyes popped open, and he gasped for breath as he sat up in bed and looked around. It took him a minute to realize where he was, and he looked next to him and saw Tessa fast asleep, snuggled under the covers. He sighed, and looked around the room once again. The sun was starting to show itself over the hill top out the window, and he remembered why he had woken up; he forgot to check the windows the night before.

He slowly climbed out of the bed cursing at himself for getting distracted and he began to look around for his boxer briefs. He found them and quickly put them on, and walked outside of the room and went around the upstairs checking every door and window, the headed downstairs and did the same thing.

When he was done he walked into the kitchen and got a glass of orange juice. He sat down at the bar, and drank his juice and he leaned his head on his arm. He couldn’t believe he had forgotten his duties, this wasn’t like him. Getting involved with Tessa was not a smart move, and now he knew he had to break it off; to keep her safe.

He didn’t know how long he was sitting there, but the next thing he knew he felt arms wrap around his neck and he jumped turning, pushing the figure back.

“Justin…its jus me” Tessa said looking at him, her eyes big

He sighed “Shyt Tessa…” he replied “Don’t do that”

She looked at him, her lip turning into a pout “Sorry” she replied

“You just scared me” He replied, and relaxed a little

Tessa walked towards him, and went to sit on his lap. She took his glass of orange juice on the table and took a sip.

“How long have you been awake?” she asked

He shrugged “A couple hours” he said looking at the clock on the wall, it was 8:00.

Tessa wrapped an arm around his neck, as he held onto her back making sure she didn’t fall back.

“We still have two hours left” she replied “What do you want to do?”

Justin looked at her, and then took a drink of his juice.

“Tessa…I think we need to talk” Justin said looking at her seriously

Tessa looked at him “About what?” she asked

Justin looked into her eyes, and knew she was going to be incredibly pissed when their conversation was finished.

“I think…what’s going on between us…needs to stop” Justin started

Tessa looked at him, her eyes searching his face. “What do you mean?” she asked

He sighed “I mean…” he started “I shouldn’t have even slept with you in the first place…it’s not my job to get involved with you”

“Your job??” she questioned

“Tessa…I forgot to check the house last night before we went to bed” Justin stressed
“Something could of happened to you…and I would never forgive myself”

“Nothing happened…” Tessa said, tears were starting to build up in her eyes.

“But it could of…and I would have been the one to blame” he replied “I care about you too much to…”

“You @sshole!” she screamed getting off his lap, and paced the kitchen

“Tessa…please!” Justin said standing up, walking towards her

“Don’t come near me!” Tessa screamed at him “Go on and take the easy way out!”

“That’s not why I’m doing this” Justin started “You are my employer and that won’t change.”

Tessa was quiet as she angrily wiped at her eyes, trying to get rid of the tears that ran down her cheeks.

“Is it something I did?” She questioned

Justin looked at her, his heart aching for her “No…Tessa…no it was nothing you did” he replied “It’s my conscious I guess…”

“What a f*cking cop out” Tessa said angrily and walked out of the kitchen.

“Tessa!” Justin called, following her into the foyer.

“Stay away from me Justin, do whatever you want to until 10, then turn off the alarm and get out of my house” she replied, as he walked up the stairs.

Justin watched her walk up the stairs, and sighed as he ran a hand over his head. There he was standing there in his boxer briefs in the foyer of his employer. When he was about to walk up the stairs to get his clothes, Tessa threw them down from the top of the staircase and walked away. Justin picked them up, and walked into the down stairs bathroom to change.

He went into the kitchen and fixed himself a bowl of cereal and walked into the theater room to watch TV and kill time until 10:00. Justin hadn’t heard from Tessa the rest of the morning, and he kind of didn’t want to. When 10:00 rolled around he took one look around the house, minus her bedroom and shut off the security system and opened the door making his way out towards his patrol room. He passed Joey’s car on the way down and gave him a nod, and saw Brandon’s car coming into the property as he walked into the patrol room. His job was not going to be any easier from now on.

~*~

Justin was sitting in his patrol room; in front of the TVs which showed what each camera saw. He hadn’t left the room since this morning when he walked into it. He took a long shower thinking things over; this was the situation he was trying to ignore.

After changing into some comfortable sweats and a wife beater he then cleaned up around the room, throwing take-out containers away before sitting down in front of the screens. He had his bare feet propped up on the table holding a glass of orange juice.

He nearly fell over when his phone rang loudly next to him. He reached over and looked at the caller ID. It read: ‘Joey’. He answered it quickly.

“Hello”

“Hey Jus, its Joey”

“What’s up?”

“There’s a meeting in Brandon’s office…asap”

“Okay…what about?”

“Just touching base…oh and going over plans for Miami”

“Alright, I’ll head over now”

“See ya then”

He hung up and took one last gulp of his orange juice and stood up. He slipped on some sneakers and grabbed his cell and headed up towards the house and around to the pool house. He walked up the side of the house, heading into the back yard and saw Tessa floating around the pool, sun glasses on; he couldn’t tell if she was watching him, which she secretly was.

Justin walked to the door and knocked and entered after hearing Brandon’s voice. He walked in and saw Joey lounging on an over stuffed chair in the front of Brandon’s desk, and Brandon was seated behind his desk. Joey looked up at him and sat up.

“Hey come sit” Joey said pointing to the other chair beside him.

Justin did so, lounging back.

“What’s up?” Justin asked “How were your nights?”

Joey laughed “Definitely one to remember” he winked at Justin

“God Jo, we don’t need to know” Brandon complained

Joey laughed “Aw c’mon B, you know you had fun” he said

Brandon shrugged

“How about you Justin?” Joey asked

Justin shrugged “Nothing to report” he said

“You sure?” Joey asked “She’s a little prissy today”

Justin shrugged “She watched movies while I made some calls in the kitchen”

“Hmm” Joey said

“Maybe she got into a fight with a friend” Justin suggested

“Yea” Joey said

“Anyway, back to business” Brandon said

Joey and Justin both looked at Brandon

“Justin, have you heard anything on the notes?” asked Brandon

“I called Johnny yesterday…he said there was no DNA on either letter. And they haven’t gotten the results for the glue yet” Justin said “He said he’d call when anything came up”

“Great” Brandon said making notes

Joey and Justin watched him for a minute, and then he looked at both of them.

“Now…about this Miami trip” Brandon said

They spent a good hour going over the things needed to make this trip safe. Justin was taking care of the over all security while Brandon did the appearances, etc. Joey and Tony would be going of course along with more security hired only for the trip.

Finally the meeting was over and the three men went their separate ways. Justin heading back to the patrol room to make more calls, Joey headed inside to watch over Tessa and Brandon stayed in his office setting up his own plans. Miami was two weeks away, things needed to happen quickly.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey