Chapter 15

The second concert had gone on without any complications. The crowd reacted the same way to the songs Tessa sang, and she had a wonderful night. There was no party scheduled for that night in her suite, for one Justin wouldn’t allow it and for two Tessa was dead tired anyway.

She was quickly escorted back to her suite where she took a long bath, and relaxed. Justin had been his usual quiet self the whole night and didn’t say more then two words to Tessa the entire night.

He had gone down to ‘get some air’ she heard him tell Joey when Tessa was safely in the room. She didn’t care, she didn’t want him around anyway, or did she? After taking a long bath she got changed into some comfy pajama pants and a sweat shirt and sat down on her bed with her notebook to get some stuff out on paper.

While she was busy writing away the phone that was on her night stand rang, she looked at it. No one had this number, accept for of course management and Justin. She reached over to quickly answer it.

“Hello?”

“Tessa?” came a semi familiar voice

“Justin?”

There was silence as Tessa heard breathing on the other line. Then there was a loud chuckle.

“Noooooooo” said the voice, and another loud laugh “Your little bodyguard can’t keep you safe forever”

With the gasp Tessa hung up the phone, tears were starting to come to her eyes. She quickly jumped off the bed and into the living room where Joey was sitting watching TV on the couch.

“Joey!” she cried, and ran towards him jumping onto the couch next to him.

Joey looked at her; he noticed the tears in her eyes “What’s wrong?”

“Someone just called the hotel phone” Tessa said grabbing his arm, the tears now falling down her cheeks.

“Someone who?” he asked

“I don’t know!” she said, crying now.

Joey held her close “Alright, calm down” he said, as he rubbed her back.

“I thought it was Justin” she started “and the voice started laughing, and said ‘Your little bodyguard can’t keep you safe forever’ and then I hung up”

She cried into his chest for a little, before relaxing and laying her head on his shoulder and sniffled.

“Tell Justin to come back” she whimpered looking at him, and pouted.

“He’ll come back” he reassured her, hoping he was right.

“Call him” Tessa said

“You need to relax first, go sit out in the balcony for a minute, and collect your thoughts ok?” he asked

She nodded, and got up with Joey and hugged him tightly. He laughed and hugged her back. She went to get her notebook and a blanket before heading into the balcony to sit there and clear her head once again. She watched Joey grab his phone, and walk out into the hallway outside the door.

~*~

Justin had gone down to the gym that was in the hotel and was doing some punching techniques against the bag. He had a sweat band around his head, and wrists as be beat down at the bag trying to get his frustration out on it. He didn’t know if he could continue to protect Tessa, he was too involved.

After finishing up on the bag for a half hour he stopped and went to the running machine to run some laps. As he was jogging on the machine he felt his cell phone vibrate against his hip and he stepped off the machine. He took some deep breaths as he looked at the ID on his phone and saw ‘Joey’ flashing. He quickly answered.

“Yea?” kind of out of breath

“Woah, you busy pal?”

“No…just working out, what’s up?”

“Something happened”

“What??’ Justin asked, as he walked out of the gym into a private hall way.

Joey explained as best as he could what Tessa told him about the phone call. After hearing what Joey said, Justin sighed and laid his head back against the hall.

“Damn it!” he growled frustrated

“What should we do?” Joey asked

“There’s nothing we can do, I can try and call Johnny and ask him to get the number that called the room but, the guy’s smart I bet it was from a pay phone or something” Justin said, trying to think of something

“Should we try anyway?” he asked

“Yea, I’ll be right up” Justin said, “Let me call Johnny first”

“Okay”

They hung up. Justin sighed and rubbed his face in frustration. He quickly grabbed his bag and headed towards the pay phones once again to call Johnny with the news. After that he headed back up the stairs towards the hotel suite. He walked into the room and Joey and Brandon were pacing the living room floor. They both looked up at him as he walked into the room, both feeling a little safer now that he was here.

“Where is she?” he asked

“She’s fine” Brandon said “Did you call Johnny?” Joey obviously filled him in on the plans.

“Yea, he said he’d get back to me as soon as he could” Justin said, dropping his bag by the door.

“This guy is serious” Brandon replied as he looked at Justin

Justin looked at him like he was crazy “I’ve been trying to tell you people that since the beginning” he said “You think I did all this shyt for my health? Hell no!”

They were silent for a minute; no one knew what to say to each other. Justin had gone to grab a cold water bottle from the mini fridge and came back into the living room where Brandon and Joey were now sitting. He looked at them after taking a long drink.

“I don’t know if I can do this” Justin said to them “I’ll be able to get you guys back to LA safely, but after that-“

He was cut off as Joey looked up at him “What?” he asked “You’ve got to be kidding me Justin”

Justin looked at him, then down at his feet “She goes against everything I say” he replied “Someone is seriously after her, and she doesn’t get it”

“She does now!” Brandon said looking at him angrily “You think she’ll be her old self after that phone call?”

Justin looked at Brandon then back at Joey. He couldn’t tell them the real reason for him not wanting to work for Tessa anymore. They would kill him.

“Don’t do it Justin” Joey said,

“I need some air” he said and started to walk to the balcony windows

Brandon was about to tell him Tessa was out there, when Joey grabbed his hand and shook his head. Brandon sighed and sat back against the couch, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched Justin walk out and close the door.

~*~

Justin walked out into the cool night air, and headed towards the balcony wall. He leaned against it, resting his elbows on the flat surface. He sighed deeply as he put his face into his hands, and rubbed his eyes. He took a deep breath, breathing in the salty air from the ocean.

“I’m sorry”

Justin almost jumped out of his skin, and he turned quickly standing up straight and saw Tessa sitting in one of the comfortable chairs wrapped in a blanket.

“Geezish Tessa” Justin said before leaning back against the balcony.

Tessa watched him, as he rubbed at his eyes.

“I’ll do whatever you tell me to from now on” Tessa said, watching him

“That may not be enough” he said

“How come?” she asked, “Please Justin, I’m scared”

Justin didn’t say anything, as he continued to look out over the ocean.

“He knew where I was, he had the room number” she replied “He could be watching me right now”

“I can’t keep working like this” Justin said to her “Whatever we had…it can’t go on anymore”

“It hasn’t been going on” she replied

“It can’t cause anymore tension, I can’t protect you and worry about that happening to us again” he replied

Tessa didn’t say anything, as she tightened the blanket around her and looked out at the ocean.

“You don’t understand” she said “You don’t treat me the way everyone else does”

“How do they treat you?” he asked

“They let me have what I want, and you were the first person to tell me no when I wanted something” she said

Justin turned and looked at her, as she wiped her tears with the blanket.

“You’re not afraid to tell me the truth” she replied “And that’s what drew me to you”

“Tessa, I work for you” Justin said, walking towards her and he bent down in front of the chair looking into her face. “Nothing can happen between us because of that fact, and if you want me to keep you safe I need to continue working for you”

Tessa sniffled as she looked back at Justin, wishing she could kiss him once again; but she knew what her decision was.

“Just catch this guy” Tessa said and looked out into the ocean again.

Justin nodded and stood up “We need to set some new rules after we leave here tomorrow”

She looked back up at him “Like what?” she asked

“I’ve got a plan, but you have to trust me” he said “I mean really trust me”

“Okay” she said

“We’re gonna lay low until the Grammy’s” Justin said “And that means, just me and you. No Joey, no Brandon, no Maria, no parties or concerts and no house in Hollywood Hills”

Tessa looked up at him, unsure of what to expect. But she knew he would keep her safe no matter what.

“Okay, I trust you” she said
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments?? Questions?? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey