Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow. I missed a chapter, and no one told me LoL.
Chapter 16

The next day, Tessa was headed home with her security team close to her. As Justin had said, they headed home to only drop off dirty clothes and pack new ones to last a week before the Grammy’s were scheduled. Joey, Brandon, and Maria were given some time off to do as they wished before they were needed again.

Justin then packed up his Escalade with his stuff along with Tessa’s and they headed off to a secluded area. They headed up the mountains towards Big Bear Lake, where Justin’s father liked in a cabin right by the lake.

Tessa looked out the window, as she sat snuggled in the passenger seat, with her pillow and a blanket. Justin had put on some jazz music to calm her down a little as he drove. He could tell she was getting anxious about being with just two other men, but he knew she would be fine.

Some hours later, they pulled onto the long dirt driveway and headed towards a middle-sized, two story wooden cabin. Tessa lifted her head off the pillow as the house came into view and she looked around.

“Wow” she said, “this place is huge”

Justin smiled, as he stopped his car and parked. He then noticed his dad coming out of the front door to stand on the deck and he smiled getting out. Tessa watched him, and smiled as she noticed how happy he had been to see his father.

He slowly got herself out of the car, as Justin walked quickly towards his dad. Paul walked down the stairs from the deck onto the snow covered ground and headed towards Justin as he walked towards him. When they met Justin hugged him tightly.

“Hey pop” he replied,

Paul smiled “Hey” he said, hugging him close “How are you?”

“Fine” Justin said, “How about you, keeping healthy?”

“Of course” Paul said, as he patted his back

Justin laughed as they broke the hug. Paul had been watching Tessa get out of the car, as she crossed her arms and looked around the place.

“She okay?” Paul asked him

Justin looked at Tessa, and then back at his dad “Yea,” he replied “She just needs a little bit more security”

Paul nodded.

“Tessa…” Justin said, and waved his arm at her signaling her to come towards him

She smiled, as she walked over. He snow boots sinking into the snow as she walked as quickly as she could. She reached Justin’s side.

“Tessa, this is my dad Paul” Justin said,

Tessa smiled “Nice to meet you” she replied

“You too” he said

They shook hands. Then Paul turned to them.

“I’ve got some fresh cookies and coffee inside” he said “Why don’t we go inside while Justin gets the bags out”

Justin laughed “Thanks Pop” he replied, rolling his eyes.

Paul laughed, as he put his arm around Tessa and brought her towards the house. Justin made his way towards the car to unload everything and bring it into the house.

~*~

Paul brought Tessa into the house, and showed her around the bottom floor before escorting her into the kitchen where there was a plate of cookies sitting on the island along with mugs.

They had made small conversation through out the tour, and finally Tessa sat down and looked out the window at Justin who was bringing the bags up to the deck. Paul had washed his hands in the sink and was drying them on a towel when he noticed Tessa starring at his son.

He smiled and went to sit down next to her on the stool.

“So you in the music business?” he asked

Tessa quickly snapped out of her daze and turned to Paul who was watching her.

She blushed, “Yes, and in the movies as well” she said “I started out in the movies, then got a record deal”

“Wow” he said “That’s impressive”

She smiled, and reached over to take a cookie off the plate. She bite into it, and closed her eyes moaning.

“Wow, these are excellent” she replied looking at him

He smiled, and took a mug and poured coffee into it.

“Thank you, my wife taught me well” he said as he took a sip of his coffee

“Oh, I didn’t realize she was here” Tessa said looking around “Is she here?”

Paul shook his head “No, she died a year ago” he said, and looked out the window again at Justin “that was the night the Mayor was killed”

Tessa looked at Paul; she didn’t know that was Justin’s last job before he came to work for her. He had never mentioned it, but then again she didn’t ask.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know” she said looking at him

He smiled at her “Not your fault darling” he said, “You eat those up though, I can always make more”

She smiled at him, as she took another bite of her cookie. Then the front door opened, and they could hear the sound of Justin’s footsteps walking through the house. He walked into the kitchen, shrugging his jacket off.

“OoO cookies” he said, as he walked towards the island.

“Ah! Hang your jacket up young man” Paul said,

Justin rolled his eyes, as he took his jacket off and hung it up on a chair to dry off. He then took a mug and poured some coffee into it before snagging a cookie from the plate.

“Place looks good dad” Justin said, as he took a bite of his cookie.

Paul laughed “Well I’m glad I have your approval son” he said

Justin smiled, and popped the rest of the cookie into his mouth. Tessa watched him with amazement. Usually he was so calm and quiet, but around his dad he was so happy and open.

“Where’s Sandy?” Justin asked

“She’s around” Paul replied,

Tessa looked at the two men, her eye brows scrunching in confusion. Justin looked at her, and laughed.

“Sandy’s my dad’s Collie” he replied

“Oh” Tessa said, her cheeks turning red.

As if on cue, the sound of Sandy’s tags he could heard as she came trotting over towards them. Justin smiled and bent down.

“There’s Sandy girl” he said, as she rushed to him ready for some attention.

Justin put his mug down as he played around with Sandy for a little bit. Tessa watching him with a smile, as Paul watched her with a smile.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments> Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey