Author's Chapter Notes:
Most current chapter. I should have more posted soon. Thanks to those who are reading. Please let me know what you think. :-D.
Chapter 19

The week went by quickly, with nothing much going on. Justin took Tessa out around the town again, they went to ride horses on a trail, and he attempted to teach her how to snowboard, which didn’t go very well, and even went out to dinner a couple of times. But it was a good and relaxing week for Tessa, and she was sad that she was going to have to go home soon and be in the spotlight of the public once again.

Tessa and Justin's relationship went on, in the privacy of Paul's home, they even tried to keep it a secret from Paul as well. Tessa had made it a habit to sneak into Justin's room after Paul had gone to bed and sleep in there with him.

It was Tessa and Justin's last day up in Big Bear. Tessa had to head home, she had to start getting things together for the Grammy's: costume fitting, sound checks, and choreograph run through with Wade. She definitely was not looking forward to it; she'd have to leave this privacy she had with Justin and Paul in Big Bear and be in the spotlight again because it was Grammy fever.

The day had been a mellow day; Tessa knew Justin wasn't going to see his dad for awhile so she opted to stay out of their way. She was in her room, laying against the head board with a book and her Ipod on her head listening to some music. Justin and Paul had gone to the market, since it was their last night Paul wanted to make some special for dinner.
So Tessa opted to stay at the house with Sandy and relax a little.

She had been reading for about an hour when her bedroom door opened, and there stood Justin dressed in some jeans and his gray hooded sweat shirt. Tessa looked up at him from her book and smiled, reaching over to shut off her Ipod.

"Good afternoon" he said, closing the door behind him.

Tessa smiled "Hi" she said, taking the head phones out of her ears and putting the Ipod on the night stand.

Justin walked to the edge of the bed, and shuffled off his shoes before jumping onto the bed landing on Tessa.

She giggled "What's wrong with you?" she asked,

He crawled up her, laying on her as he hid his face in her neck "Hmm...nothing" he replied.

Tessa smiled, as she wrapped her arms around him hugging him close, "How was the market?" she asked.

"Ehh" he said, and took a breathe smelling her wild flower scented hair.

Tessa smiled, as her hands moved to his head and she began to run her nails lazily over his scalp. Justin's eyes closed in delight, as he sighed. Tessa leaned her cheek against his forehead, and closed her eyes.

After a minute of lying this way, Justin lifted his head and looked at Tessa and reached up to kiss her lips lightly.

Tessa smiled watching him, "You okay?" she asked.

He nodded, "Are you packed?" he asked; they were leaving tomorrow early.

Tessa pouted, but nodded. She didn't want to leave this secret place, and got back into the 'real' world. Justin smiled and leaned forward again to kiss her lips, then started to get up.

"Wait, where are you going?" Tessa asked and reached for him, wrapping her arms around his neck trying to pull him on top of her.

Justin laughed, as he struggled to keep his balance, holding himself over her.

"I have to help my dad with dinner" he replied, his hands going to her side as he started to tickle her.

Tessa began to giggle, "Stay a minute" she said in-between laughs,

Justin’s hands journeyed up her shirt, running across her sides to her stomach. Tessa squealed moving her hands from around his neck to his hands trying to get them to stop the torture.

"Jus..." she squealed "Stop it!"

Justin laughed, as he continued his torture for another minute before rolling himself off of her and standing up in front of the bed. Tessa lay on the bed trying to catch her breath, and looked up at him. He was about to turn and open the door when Tessa stood on the bed, and jumped at him, jumping onto his back.

Justin let out a squeak as he felt Tessa’s weight on his back and her arms wrapped around his neck. Tessa wrapped her legs around his waist, as she rested her chin on his shoulder. Justin laughed as he caught his balance, and wrapped his arms around her legs to keep himself steady.

"What are you doing?" he questioned.

Tessa nuzzled her face in the back of his neck, leaving baby kisses there.

"Spend time with me" she said in a baby voice.

Justin rolled his eyes, she was acting like a brat and he wasn't going to have any of that.

“Tessa, this is our last night here” he said, “I won’t get to see my dad for awhile, so I’d like to spend as much time with him as I can” he explained firmly.

Tessa pouted, and un-wrapped her legs from around his waist, putting herself down on the ground again and unwrapped her arms from his neck. She went and sat back down on the bed, pouting like a five year old as she reached for the book she was reading and her Ipod from the bedside.

Justin smirked to himself before turning and noticed her face, he walked to her bedside and leaned down on his knees resting his elbows on the bedside.

“Hey…” he said,

Tessa looked at him out of the side of her eyes, and then looked back at her book.
He leaned forward and kissed her cheek, as his lips touched her skin Tessa moved her face away, showing that she was NOT in the mood. Justin chuckled, before standing up and heading towards the door. He wasn’t worried; he would make up for it later.

-*-

A few hours passed, and it was time for dinner. During that time Tessa had finished almost half her book, got her clothes out and ready for tomorrow and took a shower getting dressed in some black Adidas sweat pants, and a white long sleeve shirt.

She opened her bedroom door ready to head down the stairs to offer her services for dinner. She walked slowly down the hall, not really wanting to run into Justin. She knew she acted like a spoiled brat, and that was no way to act on the last day here, especially since Paul had opened his home to her for the past week and a half.

She reached the stair way and walked down it slowly, seeing the lights coming in from the down stairs. She heard the faint sound of talking coming from the kitchen as she reached the bottom of the stairs, and took a deep breath walking towards the kitchen.

Paul looked up from his position behind the stove as Tessa walked in, and he smiled; having a woman around was a little refreshing.

"Hey honey," he replied,

With that Justin looked over from his position at the sink, and then went back to what he was doing. Tessa smiled, and walked further into the kitchen.

"Need any help?" she asked, and glanced at Justin.

Paul shook his head, and smirked noticing her glance. He had known about them since the beginning, although he would never admit that to Justin.

"No, everything is pretty much done" he said,

Tessa semi smiled, "Well at least let me set the table" she said, wanting to help.

Paul smiled and picked up the stack of plates, napkins and silverware and handed them to her. Tessa took them with a smile, and headed into the dinning room to set the table. Paul glanced at Justin and noticed he was watching her; he smirked and shook his head going back to the stove.

A few minutes they all sat down at the table and started the wonderful feast Paul had made for them. It was chicken breasts sautéed in garlic sauce, some corn on the cob, sourdough roles, and iced tea to drink. They all sat down in the same seats they had been sitting in all week and began to eat, quietly.

Paul watched both Justin and Tessa as they concentrated on their meals and tried not to look at each other.

“So, Tessa are you nervous about the Grammy’s?” Paul asked.

Tessa looked up from her plate, “Um…not really” she replied, “I’m more nervous about the people attending then my actual performance”

Paul smiled, “Don’t worry I’m sure Justin will take good care of you” he said.

Justin looked up from his plate at Paul, then at Tessa and semi smiled before going back to his meal. The awkwardness was really getting to him, he was about to say his apologies to Tessa when he felt something rub up his leg.

He looked up at Tessa, and she was looking back at him, smiling. He shook his head laughing to himself. All was forgiven. They finished the rest of dinner talking about their week, and some of Tessa’s future plans as a singer and actress.

-*-

The night went on as usual, nothing out of the ordinary went on as Paul, Justin, and Tessa sat around the fire place talking for a few hours. Then Justin made Tessa go to bed because they were going to get up early the next morning to head back to LA. So Tessa got dressed in some warm sweats and a sweat shirt and climbed into bed with Sandy lying on the floor at the foot of her bed.

She had been Tessa's watch dog at night, and it was comforting. Tessa was thinking about getting a dog herself, one to keep her company while she was on the road, and while she was at her home.

She just closed her eyes thinking of the day ahead, when she heard the creaking of her bedroom door open quietly, she saw a shadow of a person come in and was about to sit up and scream when she heard Justin's familiar whispers to Sandy.

Tessa sighed in relief, as she continued to lie on her side under the covers. Sandy had taken habit of sleeping in Tessa’s room through out her stay; it did make her feel secure. She then heard the bedroom door close; she stayed quiet as she felt the bed dip, and a warm body made its way next to hers.

Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, as he cuddled close to her and started kissing the back of her neck. Tessa tried her hardest to not react, but it felt too damn good.

"How come you didn't go into my room?" he whispered,

Tessa sighed, "Cause I didn't know if you wanted me there" she whispered back, and turned to look at him.

Justin looked at her, and reached out moving her hair from her face. He leaned forward and kissed her lips lightly. Tessa groaned as she practically melted against him, as she leaned forward pushing Justin onto his back as she lay on him.

Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her against him. His hands journeyed up her shirt, as he caressed her stomach lightly. Tessa let out a soft moan, but it wasn’t soft enough because it caused Sandy to whimper and jump onto the bed, landing at the foot of the bed and she began to paw at the two bodies.

They broke the kiss quickly, and Justin put his hand out to Sandy, trying to calm her down.

“Sandy girl…” he whispered, “It’s me”

Sandy whimpered again, as she sniffed his hand, smelling the familiar scent. After a minute Sandy stepped down off the bed, and lay back down by the door. Tessa giggled as she lay back on the bed with a sigh of relief. Justin lay beside her, on his side leaning his head on his arm as he watched her.

“You alright?” he asked

Tessa glanced at him, “Yeah” she replied,

With that she turned herself, as Justin laid on his back and Tessa cuddled close to him, laying her head on his chest as she wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him close. Justin wrapped his arms around her, cuddling close.

“Do we have to go?” Tessa asked once more,

Justin smiled and leaned down to kiss her head “Yes,” he replied “You’ve got to get on with your life; you can’t stay in hiding forever”

Tessa sighed “Why not?” she questioned, “As long as I’m with you”

Justin sighed, and hugged her close and closed his eyes “You’ll be fine, now relax and get some sleep okay?”

“Alright” Tessa said, and closed her eyes trying to relax.

-*-

It seemed like only a few minutes later, when Tessa’s eyes began to open slowly. She groaned, not wanting to wake up and was wondering what was causing her to awake. Then she felt it, there was a cold breeze that blew over her.

She reached her arms out feeling for the familiar warm body next to her but found none; Justin must’ve gone back to his bed. She groaned and snuggled back under the covers trying to stay warm, thinking it might just be a draft from the old house.

A few minutes later, Tessa opened her eyes again, feeling another brush of cold wind fill the room. She sighed and lay on her back, turning herself to look at the window and gasped, sitting up noticing it was wide open. Her eyes quickly moved around the room, trying to see if there was something out of place.

“Sandy…” she whispered,

Silence.

Tessa whimpered, either something happened to her or she left when Justin left. After a moment, she decided what she was going to do. She looked around the room once more, before slowly lifting the covers from her bed, and stepping out onto the cold hard wood floor.

She walked as quietly as possible towards the bedroom door, as she did she heard the faint noise of the closet door creaking open. She heard a single boot stomp on the floor behind her, and she squealed and opened the bedroom running down the long hall way.

She heard the booted footprints get closer, as she kept running.

“Justin!!!” she screamed reaching his bedroom door at the end of the hall.

She heard the barking of Sandy, as she journeyed up the stairs. She pounded on his door, tears starting to fall down her cheeks.

“Justin, open the door!!!” she screamed again.

She turned to the side, and saw this dark figure walking towards her. She screamed loudly, and as she did she heard Sandy growl, and saw her speed past her as she attacked the figure.

As Sandy landed on the figure and it gave a grunt and fell to the floor, Justin opened his bedroom door.

“Tessa what-?” he questioned his eyes half open.

“Oh my god!” Tessa sighed, and ran into the bedroom, running into the closet and closing the door behind her.

Justin heard the scuffled going on outside the room, and looked out down the hall seeing Sandy chasing after a figure who was now running towards Tessa’s room. He then heard his dad coming up the stairs, and saw him come into view holding a pistol.

“Is she okay?” he questioned.

Justin nodded, “She’s in my room” he said,

They heard the noise of the lamp crashing to the floor and Sandy’s bark, they both looked down the hall and rushed down it after him. They both rushed into the bedroom as the figure jumped out of her bedroom window, landing with a thud on the roof.

Because it was still dark, they didn’t see him climb off the roof and run into the woods. Sandy was still barking at the window as she stood on top of the bed.

“Shit!” Paul replied banging his hand on the window seal.

Justin shook his head, “How the hell did he get in here…” he replied “I checked every window last night”

Paul shook his head, and closed the window himself locking it, “It doesn’t matter how, the fact is that he got in” he replied.

Justin sighed, “Sandy…quit it” he replied, as Sandy pawed at the window.

She whimpered and looked at Justin, getting down off the bed and stood next to Justin.

“Where’s Tessa?” Paul asked again, as he put the safety on the pistol and stuck it in the band of his jeans.

Justin looked at him; “In my room” he replied and headed down the hall way quickly.

Sandy and Paul followed as he walked into his bedroom and looked around the room not spotting Tessa immediately.

“Tess…” he called.

He heard a whimper, and knew exactly where she was. He walked to the other side of his room and opened his closet door. There she was curled against the wall, wrapped in a blanket. Sandy immediately trotted into the closet, and cuddled close to Tessa as she sat huddled on the floor, her arms wrapped around her legs.

‘Tess…you alright?” Justin asked, his heart breaking at the sight of her, but he knew he couldn’t exactly do anything right now since Paul was in the room.

Tessa sniffled, and looked up at the two men; they could see the tears glistening on her cheeks. Paul then walked into the closet and got down on his knees in front of her,

“Honey, he’s gone now” he said, trying to bring some comfort to the distraught girl.

Tessa looked at Paul, then past him at Justin who was standing behind him.

“How did he know where I was?” she asked quietly,

Paul shook his head, “I don’t know sweetie, but don’t worry ok?” he said, “I’ll stay up the rest of the night, and you get some sleep”

Tessa looked at him, tears still evident in her eyes, “I couldn’t do that to you” she said.

He semi smiled, and leaned forward and kissed her head, “I’ll be fine,” he replied,

“Wouldn’t be the first time” he simply stated.

Tessa sniffled and sighed, looking at him again and smiling. He was an incredibly sweet man. She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him close. Paul smiled hugging her back, rubbing her back softly. Justin watched the scene in front of him, his heart practically breaking with the thought of what could have happened to Tessa.

A few minutes later Paul stood up and helped Tessa to her feet, and she looked past Paul at Justin who watched her closely.

“C’mon, sleep here” he said pulling the covers down from his bed.

Tessa hesitated as she looked at him.

“I’m going downstairs with Paul” he replied, and “Sandy will stay with you”

Tessa nodded as she walked over towards the bed and got into it pulling the covers over herself. Justin watched as his dad left, and he leaned down to be face to face with Tessa.

“Holler if you need me ok?” he questioned.

She nodded as she looked up at him, mesmerized by his eyes. He leaned down and brushed his lips to hers for a second before breaking it and heading towards the door, rubbing Sandy’s head as he closed the door. Tessa sighed as she door closed and she closed her eyes turning over, trying to get some sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey