Author's Chapter Notes:
An update? Yes I know. Took me long enough. Thanks to everyone who is reading and reviewing. I think I'm getting readt to end it, but not quite sure yet. But we'll see. Anyway, thanks to all of you who are reading! It means alot, please let me know what you think. :-D. Uh. I think that's it. TTYL!
Chapter 20

The morning came quickly, as the sun rose over the tree tops of Big Bear and shinned right into Justin's bedroom where Tessa laid cuddled under the covers. Tessa lay on her back opening her eyes slowly; she was surprised she got any sleep after last night.

She sat up slowly, looking around the room and noticed Sandy lying on the foot of the bed, watching her. Tessa smiled, and put her hand out to her.

"Morning Sandy girl" she replied,

Sandy made her way towards Tessa on the bed, and Tessa pet her. Sandy loving the attention pawed at her and tried to lick her face.

After a few minutes Tessa got out of the bed, and opened the bedroom door letting Sandy out as she began to walk down the stairs following Sandy's lead. Tessa walked down the stairs waiting to hear any familiar sounds of someone moving around the house.

She heard the faint sound of the TV coming in from the living room, and smelled the fresh brewed coffee coming from the kitchen. She walked to the front door, to let Sandy out who was pawing at it. She opened it up slightly and Sandy rushed out, then Tessa closed the door and she then made her way into the living room.

She stopped in the doorway, and had to smile. There was Justin lying across the couch, fast asleep. She walked into the living room towards the couch and got down on her knees in front of him. She leaned forward and kissed his lips lightly, after she kissed him Justin let out a small groan as he began to stretch his legs out, and his eyes opened slowly.

Tessa watched him, her smile growing. Justin's vision adjusted, as Tessa's face came into view and he smiled sleepily.

"Morning" he mumbled.

"Hi" Tessa said with a smile.

"You sleep ok?" he asked.

She nodded, as she made room in his arms climbing in next to him. Justin wrapped his arms around her tightly, hiding his face in the back of her neck.

"I let Sandy out" she replied, "She was stuck in my room all night"

"Okay" Justin replied, "Where's Paul?"

Tessa shrugged, "I haven't heard or seen him" she said.

They lay quiet for a minute, before Justin spoke once again.

"We should probably get the day going" he replied,

Tessa turned herself so that she was lying face to face with him, tangling their legs together. Justin looked at her and smiled as he leaned in and kissed her lips lightly.

"Thank you for taking care of me" Tessa said looking into his deep blue eyes.

Justin looked back at her, "It's my job Tess, I said I wouldn't let anything happen to you and I mean it" he replied.

"I know" she said, and sniffled, tears coming to her eyes as she thought about last night and how freaked out she was.

Justin watched her face; he knew she was thinking about last night. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers in a short kiss once more.

"Tessa…" he started.

Tessa looked at him, as a tear slid down her cheek. Justin looked at her, and then shook his head clearing his thoughts before he spoke.

"C'mon, I'll make you some breakfast…" he started "Go get changed and finish packing ok?"

She nodded and she untangled herself from him and getting off the couch. Justin sat up and watched her as she made her way up the stairs. When she was no longer in view he sighed and leaned forward rubbing his face with his hands.

"You love her don't you?" came a voice from the other side of the living room.

Justin stood up quickly, and turned to see Paul there watching him.

"Shit…Paul…geezish" Justin sighed in relief.

Paul continued to watch him, crossing his arms over his chest. Justin looked at him, and bit his lip a little bit nervous.

"Dad…its not-" Justin started.

Paul shook his head "Yes it is Justin, it's exactly what I think" he said "And you better watch your back…because if something happens to her…you will be responsible" he said pointing to him.

Justin looked at him and gulped, he hadn't seen him this way in a long time, since his mom was around, that could only mean one thing: he really cared about her like a family member.

"Dad, nothings going to happen" he said, "She's safe with me, she has been so far and she will be from now on"

"Does that mean you're going to stay with her?" he questioned "And not leave when the Grammy's are done?"

"I don't know yet" he said, "I haven't decided"

"Well you better" Paul said, "Because whatever you decide it may break her heart"

With that Paul walked towards the front door where Sandy was pawing at it and opened it and Sandy rushed into the house heading towards her bed by the heater. Paul then headed to the back of the house, where Justin knew he was going to his office.

Justin sighed in frustration, and rubbed his face with his hands once again. He was getting too involved, and he knew it would come back to kick him in the ass.

-*-

The drive back to Los Angeles seemed to go on for ever. After tearful goodbyes with Paul, Tessa got into Justin's Escalade and put on her ear phones not really wanting to talk to Justin for the moment. She was too freaked out about last night still.

The fact that Justin assured her that she would be safe, and some freak made it into her bedroom. Justin kept to himself as well as they drove back down to 'reality'. They made a small stop to fill up the gas tank and grab something to eat, and then they were back on the road heading to Tessa's home.

They pulled into the gated area about 3 hours later, both exhausted from the trip and their quiet spree. Justin pulled the car up to the front of the house, and shut it off putting the break on.

"Thank god" Tessa said opening her door.

As she opened the car door, the front door of her house opened and Brandon and Joey came flying out of it. She rushed towards them hugging them both tightly,

"Oh, I missed you guys" she squealed wrapping her arms around both Brandon and Joey's neck.

"How was it? okay?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, until last night" Tessa said with a pout.

Brandon and Joey both looked at Justin as he got out of the car, and headed to the trunk to take out her bags and brought the bags to the steps,

"What happened last night?" Brandon asked.

Justin looked at Tessa, then at Brandon.

"Someone snuck into Tessa's room last night" Justin replied with a sigh.

"What?!" Brandon practically screamed.

Tessa grabbed onto Brandon's hand, "It's not his fault" she defended him.

Surprising both Justin and Brandon, they both looked at her as she looked back and forth between the two men.

"How is it not his fault?" Brandon asked, "He's supposed to be taking care of you, that the whole reason why you went up there"

"He did" Tessa replied, "I was fine all week"

"What happened?" Joey asked, looking at Tessa then at Justin.

"Someone got into her bedroom last night" Justin started "She made it to my room when my dad's dog Sandy attacked the guy chasing him out of the house"

"So you didn't even do anything?" Brandon asked.

"Brandon, cut it out" Joey replied, "The important thing is that Tessa is fine, she's safe and back home"

Brandon rolled his eyes, and reached down to grab one of her bags "Yeah, no thanks to Justin" he said and walked into the house.

"Brandon, stop it!" Tessa screamed following him into the house carrying another one of her bags.

Joey looked at Justin, as he ran a hand over his head "Don't worry about him" he told Justin, "He'll get over it"

Justin shrugged, "Anything I should know about before heading back to the patrol room?" he asked.

Joey shook his head, "We figured she'd want to relax before starting business" he replied, "Meeting tomorrow at 10 to go over plans for the Grammy's"

"Where at?" he asked.

"Here," he replied, "The organization was nice enough to schedule the meeting here so Tessa wouldn't have to go out"

Justin nodded,

"Meet us in Brandon's office at 10" Joey said.

"Will do" Justin said, and went to the trunk of the car pulling out his own bag.
"Call me if you need me"

Joey nodded, as he watched Justin walk down the drive way towards the patrol room. Joey sighed and grabbed the last bag before entering the house, putting in on the floor by the door along with the two other ones that Brandon and Tessa must have put there.

He could heard the faint sounds of both Tessa's and Brandon's voice somewhere in the house. He began his journey to find them, first he walked into the kitchen and saw no one but Maria who was making Tessa some lunch, and he then walked into the dinning room, no one there.

He made his way towards the theater room, hearing the voices get louder. He stood outside the door listening to their conversation.

"Brandon stop please!" Tessa begged.

"I can't believe after all that shit, and he couldn't even watch you on the last night you were there!" Brandon screamed back at her.

Tessa was sitting on the couch watching him; she could understand where he was coming from.

"Nothing happened to me" Tessa said looking up at him,

"Something could have happened to you" Brandon said, "Then where would I be?"

Tessa stood up and walked over to him, pouting. Brandon looked out the window, his arms crossed over his chest. Tessa went behind him, and hugged his back, laying her head on his back.

"I understand what you're saying" Tessa said, "But the point is, nothing happened to me, I'm still here"

Brandon sighed, and turned himself so that he was facing Tessa. He wrapped his arms around her hugging her close.

"I promised your mom you would be safe" he said, and leaned down to kiss her head.

"I am safe" Tessa said "You guys all take good care of me, and I'm thankful"

They were quiet for a minute as Tessa and Brandon stayed in the embrace.

"Why do you always pick on him anyway?" Tessa asked looking up at him.

He looked down at her, "Because…" he started "I want you to be safe no matter where you go, and someone sneaking into your bedroom is not safe"

"Be nice please" Tessa said.

"Why does it matter?" Brandon asked, "You don't even like him"

"Say's who?" Tessa asked, "I've spend a lot of time with him, and he's fine, he understands what needs to be done"

Brandon looked down at her, something happened up there.

"Now can we get on with the day" Tessa said before Brandon could come to any conclusions.

With that Joey walked into the room, "Hey guys what's up?" he asked.

They both looked at him, both looking a little surprised.

"Brandon's throwing a hissy fit" Tessa said breaking away from Brandon and walked towards Joey, "Is Maria done making my lunch yet?"

"She should be" he replied.

She walked out of the room, heading towards the dinning room. Brandon remained looking out the window, his arms still crossed over his chest. Joey watched him intently.

"Something happened up there" Brandon said,

"What do you mean happened?" Joey asked,

Brandon turned to look at Joey "Something happened between the two of them," he said once again "And I hope it's not what I think it is"

"What do you think it is?" Joey asked.

Brandon looked at Joey again, this time Joey picked up on the look, and his face scrunched in disgust.

"No way" Joey replied, "Justin take this job way to serious to do something that stupid"

"I don't know" Brandon said with a sigh, "Something is off"

"Justin would never jeopardize his career that way" Joey said, hoping he was right.

Brandon shook his head, "Did you tell him about the meeting tomorrow?" he asked.

Joey nodded, "He told us to call him if we needed him" he said.

Brandon scoffed "Yeah..." he said, and then turned to leave the room.

Joey watched him leave, and shook his head. If anything did go down, he hoped Brandon wouldn't find out about it.

-*-

The day went on as usual. Tessa ate lunch, talking over her time in Big Bear with Maria and Joey while Brandon claimed he had things to do in his office. So after she ate, Tessa went into her room with her bags and unpacked her clothes putting dirty stuff in the laundry and stuff she didn't wear back into the closet.

After a while she lay down across her bed with her Ipod and journal and began to write things down. The next couple of days were going to be busy and hectic. She really wanted to go see Justin, she really wasn't mad at him, he did everything he could last night, and she wasn't blaming him for what happened.

She wrote in her journal for awhile before putting it away, and got off the bed opening her bedroom door looking out. No on is sight. She walked out of the room and headed down the stairs towards the entrance. She slipped on some sandals and opened the front door walking out quickly.

She walked down the steps of the porch, and began to walk down towards the patrol room. If anyone asked, she'd say she was just walking. She made it towards the room, and walked towards it as Justin was walking out. He had a towel wrapped around his waist, his bare chest glistening in the sun, sunglasses on his head, phone in his hand. He saw her standing there and stopped,

"Hey" he said.

She smiled "Going for a swim?" she asked.

He nodded, "You want to join me?" he asked.

She semi smiled, definitely no expecting him to say that.

"I'll go change and meet you by the pool" she said.

He nodded; she turned and rushed back towards the house. She reached the house walked in quickly, rushing up the stairs to her bedroom. She went into her drawers picking out a baby blue Bikini, her Hawaiian wrap, sunglasses and a thing of sun tan lotion.

She made her way down the stairs—after grabbing a towel—as Brandon came back into the house, and spotted Tessa as she was walking down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

She smiled, "Um to take a swim" she said,

"Justin's out there" Brandon said,

"Oh…" Tessa said secretly smiling.

Brandon looked at her as she continued to walk towards the back of the house to the back door.

"Be careful Tess" Brandon called after her.

Tessa turned and looked at him as he walked into the kitchen and she sighed before walking of the back door out into the back yard. Justin was already swimming around in the pool, doing laps across it. Tessa went and put all her stuff down on one of the lounge chairs in the shade, taking off her sunglasses and walked towards the edge of the pool.

She went to the shallow end of the pool and sat down by the steps, putting her feet in the water watching Justin as he swam, in his black Speedo. Justin swam towards her, finally stopping his laps as he noticed her sitting there.

"Hi" she said with a smile.

He smiled back, and ran a hand over his face getting rid of the water on his face.

"I think Brandon knows something" she said, watching him.

Justin looked at her confused, "What do you mean?" he asked.

She told him about what just happened inside the house.

"He's just worried about you that's all" he said, "And I wouldn't blame him, I'm the same way"

Tessa leaned her arms on her legs, as she sat there resting her chin on her hand watching him.

"Are you?" she smiled.

He looked at her and smiled, before he rolled his eyes and fell back into the way on his back.

Tessa smiled and watched him, as he came back above the water and looked at her.

"Aren't you comin in?" he asked.

Tessa smirked "Maybe" she said.

"Oh you're comin in" he said, and reached for her hand pulling her into the pool.

Tessa half scream half laughed as she flew into the pool, landing in Justin's arms as he fell back in the water making both of them go under the water. Tessa quickly got above the water swimming around the pool as Justin followed her.

"What was that for?" she questioned swimming to the deep end by the step there.

He laughed, "Oh come on, you were gonna come in anyway" he said.

She stuck her tongue out at him, and he laughed following her. She sat down on the step, the water going to the middle of her stomach. Justin swam up to her resting his hands on either side of the step facing her.

"Isn't it funny how we're out here swimming and it's like 90 degrees out here, and a couple of days ago we were throwing snow balls at each other" she said,

He laughed, "Only in California" he replied,

Tessa looked up at the sky, and felt Justin's hands begin to rub her thighs under water. He was getting a little daring these days, she thought as she smiled and looked down at him.

He was watching her, and when she looked at him he smiled before ducking back under the water swimming around the deep end a little bit. Tessa got into the water as well, and swam around a little bit as did Justin.

"I'm not mad at you, you know" Tessa said finally.

Justin looked at her, "Brandon is" he said,

She rolled her eyes, "Since when do you care what Brandon thinks" she said.

He laughed, "I guess you're right" he said.

She smiled, "I'm back home and safe, that's all that matters" she said.

Justin watcher her and smiled, "Thanks" he replied.

She nodded, "Do you know the plan for tomorrow?" she asked.

"Yeah, the people from the Grammy's are comin over for a meeting at 10" he replied,

"Yuck" Tessa said making a face.

Tessa swam over to him, getting behind him and wrapping her arms around his neck, "Take me for a ride" she said with a giggle.

He laughed, "What kind of ride" he said, teasingly.

Tessa leaned down toward his ear, and bit it lightly and wrapped her legs around his waist. Justin closed his eyes, a sigh escaping.

"You better watch it gurlie" he teased, "before you start something you can't finish"

"Who say's I can't finish it?" She whispered in his ear,

"The office that's over there, that's who" Justin said.

Tessa looked out at the office and sighed, he was right. If Brandon walked out and saw them right now, he would throw a fit.

"That's what I'll miss about Big Bear" she replied,

"Well…we weren't that discreet" Justin replied.

"What do you mean?" Tessa asked a little worried.

Justin started to walk towards the deep end, with Tessa still on his back.

"My dad found out," Justin said.

Tessa's eyes got big, "What? He did?" she questioned,

She got off of his back and swam in front of him as he made his way towards the deep end.

He nodded, "He won't tell anyone, don't worry" he said, "He's just not very happy with me"

Tessa reached the end of the pool, and put her hands on the side holding herself there, as Justin swam in front of her.

"Do you think any one else knows?" Tessa asked.

Justin shook his head, "I think it would have been in the news already if someone else knew" he replied.

"I wish we didn't have to do this" Tessa said, kinda pouting.

He smiled, "Now don't start pouting again" he joked, "After this psycho stops bothering you, maybe things will be different"

"Yeah?" Tessa asked a little hopeful for her future with Justin.

Justin nodded, "Maybe" he replied,

"Will I get to see you later" Tessa asked,

Justin sighed, "I don't think so, it's not as easy as it was in Big Bear" he replied.

Tessa couldn't help but stick her bottom lip out again into a pout.

"Tessa seriously, you need to cut that out" He replied with a laugh, in reality it made him weak to her commands.

Tessa smiled, "I'm sorry!" she said, "This isn't fair"

"I know" he replied, and moved closer to her, at the same time looking around the back yard then at the pool house to see if Brandon was there, no one.

Tessa had her back to the wall of the pool, he hands holding onto the sides so she wouldn't drown. She watched Justin as he moved closer to her, and was hoping he would go through with that she thought he was going to do. Justin looked at her once again, and pressed his lips to hers lightly.

Tessa practically melted against him, as her legs reached out to Justin's under the water, and their legs intertwined together as the kiss intensified. Justin felt her smooth legs rub against his, and decided he'd better stop before things got too far.

He broke the kiss by moving his lips way from hers, towards her cheek. He felt her breath against his cheek, as she reached out and wrapped her arms around his neck. He wondered when they would get passed this stage, every time they kissed each other they wanted to do the deed once more no matter where they were.

He pushed her against the wall of the pool, putting his hands on the surface, to hold both of them up in the water.

"Justin" she whispered, laying her head on his shoulder,

"We can't" He replied, "It's too risky right now"

Tessa sighed as she nuzzled her face in his neck, leaving a small kiss there before she unwrapped her arms from his neck, slipping into the water going down under him and swimming towards the shallow end of the pool towards the stairs.

Justin sighed, and he leaned his forehead against the wall of the pool trying to calm himself down a little. Tessa walked up the steps out of the pool and walked over to a lounge chair, spreading her towel out and laid down on it, putting on her sunglasses and leaned back trying to catch some rays.

Justin turned to watch her, before ducking his head in the water and heading towards the shallow end getting out of the pool. He grabbed his towel running it over himself before wrapping it around his waist and stuck his sunglasses on.

"I'll see you tomorrow Tessa" He replied.

She nodded, "See ya" she said,

He walked towards the gate of the pool towards the exit; he closed the gate making sure it locked before walking back down to his patrol room with a loud sigh. He needed to do some serious thinking. Tessa watched him go out of the corner of her eye, and she leaned her head back closing her eyes as he left.

She was falling in love with him.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey