Author's Chapter Notes:
Well I decided if I didn't add something after having 5 days off, then I had a problem. LoL. Anyway. I hope whoever is reading this is enjoying it. I get alot of hits on it, but never any reviews. Anyway, let me know what ya'll think. TTYL
Chapter 22

The night gone off without a hitch, nothing had gone wrong. No one tried to break in, and no one tried to break out. The girls were up at 9, showered, changed, and fed by 10:30 and out the door by 11. Tessa was standing out on the porch waving to the girls as they drove out of site, she was happy she got a chance to visit with them. It had been a long time.

She smiled as they were out of site and walked back into the house heading to her bedroom. Maria was in the theater room cleaning up after last nights festivities with Joey who was helping her, while Justin had gone out to check the property once more. Brandon had meetings he had to get to.

The day—they were hoping—was going to uneventful. Wade was coming over later in the day to work on Tessa’s routine, and that was about it. After looking around the property Justin went back to the patrol room to shower and change into fresh clothes for the day.

The Grammy’s were a week away, and after that he didn’t know what he would be doing. He had to decide if he wanted to continue to protect Tessa, or leave like he said he would. Tomorrow they were going to have to leave the safety of the property and go shopping so Tessa could find something to wear to the Grammy’s, one to walk down the red carpet in, to perform, and present in, since she insisted on having a different outfit for each.

He got out of the shower and changed into some tight fitting jeans and his signature white T-shirt. He ran the towel over his hair, thinking of getting it shaven once more even though he liked the feel of Tessa running her hands through it.

He sat down in the desk chair by the monitors and watched everything that was going on, which was nothing. He leaned back against the chair, putting his arm over his eyes for a second and there was a soft knock on the door. He quickly got to his feet, going to the door.

Tessa stood there out of breath, “Justin” she started

Justin looked at her, his eyes scrunched in confusion “Tessa, what’s wrong?”

She pushed him into the house, and followed him in closing the door quickly. She was carrying her lap top with her as Justin took a few steps back allowing her to get into the room.

“We’re in trouble” she replied, walking to the desk and setting her lap top up.

Justin watched her as she connected to the internet, and pulled up a website. She moved out of the way, letting him look at the website.

“Pop Princess getting more then protection from her Bodyguard”

It was a little blurb of something, but it was something that was out there.

“A source close to Tessa Johnson has informed us that she’s more then friends with her over protective bodyguard. The two just came back from a week away together in the secluded hills of Big Bear where things that shouldn’t happen between employer and employee did. Tessa was unavailable for comment, but this source is very reliable and knows Tessa personally”

Justin looked at her, his eyes big in disbelief.

“Did you tell the girls?” he questioned

“They’re my girls!” Tessa practically yelled, “I’m supposed to be able to trust them!”

Justin sighed, “Tessa…” he warned

She looked like she was about to cry, “I’m sorry alright” she cried, “I needed someone to confide in” she went and sat down his semi made bed and put her head in her hands.

“This is so not good” she said,

“Have you gotten any calls?” Justin asked, as she closed down the lap top.

She shook her head no and looked up at him, tears were down going down he cheeks.

“I’m so sorry” she said and began to cry once more

“Tessa” he sighed, “It’s alright, it’s my fault”

She sniffled, and looked at him “It was just as much mine as it was yours” she said

He went and sat down next to her, and she instantly leaned over and sat in his lap as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

“You’re gonna have to leave” she said, “Brandon is going to be furious with me”

“He’s not going to be happy with me either” Justin replied, “we’ll take it as it comes okay?”

She looked up at him, a bit surprised “You mean you’re not gonna end this?” she questioned

Justin looked back at her, and leaned forward to press his lips to hers lightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing his lips once more. Knowing this was probably the last time they would get to kiss.

They broke the kiss a minute later, but now Tessa was straddling his lap, her hands on his shoulders and Justin’s around her waist. They broke the kiss and Tessa panted as she leaned her forehead against his, her eyes closed. Justin’s hands went from her waist to her face as he caressed her cheeks lightly.

“You better go” he replied, “We don’t want to upset Brandon more”

Tessa nodded, and climbed off his lap, grabbing her lap top and walking towards the door. She turned and looked at him once more before opening the door and walked out closing it behind her.

Justin fell back on the bed closing his eyes and sighing deeply. What a mess. After thinking of a plan, he got up and grabbed his cell phone dialing the familiar number.

“Yo?” came the voice on the other end

“Joe, its Justin” he said quickly,

“Hey Jus, what’s up?” he questioned

“Can you watch Tessa for awhile, I have to go talk to Johnny” Justin asked

“Sure, no problem” Joey said

“Wade should be by any minute, but other then that she’s not expecting anyone” Justin said,

“Alright sure,” Joey said, “You leaving right now?”

“Yeah” Justin said, slipping on a pair of shoes “Be careful alright?”

“I will” Joey said,

Justin hung up, slipping the phone into his pocket as he grabbed his keys that were sitting on the table. He slipped on a gray hooded sweat shirt, and closed and locked the patrol room. He walked, more like jogged up the drive way to his car unlocking it and getting inside starting it up quickly. He reversed his way out of the drive way and watched as the gates closed before he sped off down the street.

He had to get to Johnny’s, to explain everything to him first before the news was spread everywhere. He slipped his sun glasses on his face before driving into town; it was time to face the music. He reached Johnny’s office a half hour later and got out of his car, locking his car with the alarm and headed into the building.

He walked to the elevator and pressed the up button and stood back looking up at the buttons as they light up one by one. When it finally dinged he stepped inside, and pressed the 10th floor button, the doors closed. He sighs as he leans back against the wall of the elevator. He watched the buttons light up as he went up each floor and finally ding open on the 10th.

He walked out, immediately turning right and walking towards the desk where an older woman sat typing away at her computer. She looked up as Justin neared.

“Justin” she smiles “Hello”

Justin smiles back at her, “Afternoon May” he says, “Is Johnny in?”

May nodded, “Just got back from lunch, he’s not doing anything yet” she said

“Thanks” he said, and walked to the door knocking softly and entered.

Johnny was sitting at his desk, and looked up from his computer as Justin walked into the room, and smiled.

“Justin” he replied, “What’s up?”

Justin sighed as he walked further into the room and sat down in one of the overstuffed chairs in front of his desk.

“I need to tell you something, before you hear it from someone else” Justin said looking at Johnny seriously.

Johnny turned away from the computer, folding his hands on the desk.

“What is it?” he questioned

Justin sighed and ran a hand through his hair, before rubbing the back of his neck.

“I mean more to Tessa then just her bodyguard” Justin said, looking at Johnny his face filled with worry.

Johnny looked at Justin, his eyes brows going together in confusion. Justin sighed as he held his head in his hands.

“We’re involved” Justin said, “In ways we shouldn’t be”

The comment finally dawned on Johnny as he looked at Justin, his face stern.

“Justin!” he almost screamed

“I know!” Justin almost screamed back, “I know”

Johnny shook his head, “This is not good” he said,

“And it doesn’t stop there” Justin said looking at Johnny once more.

Johnny crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for the next piece of information.

“She told some girlfriends, and they blabbed to the tabloids” Justin said, “Tessa found a little article on the web today”

Johnny sighed, hanging his head.

“Jesus Justin!” he said, clearly annoyed

“I know Johnny” Justin said, “I’m sorry, I tried to end it before…she’s not that easy to walk away from”

“Obviously” Johnny said “Brandon know?”

Justin shook his head, “Not as far as I know” he said, “But that could change any minute”

Johnny sighed, “We need to think of something” he said, “A plan of action”

Justin nodded, “I’ll leave after the Grammy’s” he said, “I just need to be there for the Grammy’s”

Johnny nodded, “Well work it out” he said

Justin sighed, thank god. He talked with Johnny for a little bit before leaving after a hand shake. Things would turn out alright. He hoped. He drove back to the mansion, feeling a little bit better but as he turned the corner, his world dropped.

There were paparazzi everywhere. People pilled outside the door, cameras and pads in hand.

“Oh no” Justin groaned

He braced himself, before turning into the property. The windows were up and tinted so they couldn’t exactly see who it was, but I’m sure they knew. He drove into the property, waiting until the gates were closed before driving up the driveway.

He drove up the driveway and got out of the car, lifting his hands into the air as he stretched out his back. He walked into the house, closing the door behind him.

“You ass!” he heard

And before he could react, someone lunge at him and jumped on his back wrapping his arms around his neck. Justin struggled a minute, but got Brandon off of him pushing him away as Justin moved to the other side of the room.

“Brandon!” he heard Tessa scream as she rushed down the stairs.

Brandon lunged at Justin again, but Justin moved out of the way this time “Don’t push me Brandon, I’ll fight you back!” he screamed.

Tessa rushed past Justin, and towards Brandon standing in front of him, holding onto her hands as he looked past her at Justin giving him the death stare.

“Brandon, stop it” she said, trying to get him to calm down.

“I knew something was going on” Brandon said, giving Justin the death stare.

“It wasn’t anything that I didn’t agree too” Tessa defended.

Joey came rushing in from the back of the house, “What’s going on?” he questioned

“Do you know what this guy has been doing?” Brandon questioned “Behind our backs!”

Joey looked at Brandon, and then looked at Justin. Justin watched him carefully; he might lunge at him too.

“He’s been sleeping with Tessa” Brandon screamed “Right here, under our noses!”

Joey looked at Justin once more, his hands turning into fists. Justin gulped as he looked at Joey, his eyes pleading for understanding. Tessa turned and looked at Joey, tears starting to come to them.

“Joey, please” she begged, “Don’t do it”

Joey looked at her, breathing deeply.

“I love him” she stated

All three men turned and looked at her. She sniffled and looked at Justin once more; Justin watched her licking his lips. He loved her too.

“There is no way in hell he is working for you anymore” Brandon announced as he stormed out of the house.

Joey looked at Justin, and then shook his head before turning around and walking away. As he walked away, Justin turned to Tessa and she sighed before running at him and jumping into his arms hugging him tightly. Justin wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face in the crock of her neck.

“Where did you go?” she questioned,

“To Johnny’s” Justin said, “I had to tell him everything”

She nodded, and sighed “What happened?” she asked

“We worked out a plan of action” He said, “If Brandon calls; Johnny will insist that I work the Grammy’s”

“Thank god” Tessa said and looked up at him “What about after that?”

Justin looked at her, taking his hands from her waist and put them on each side of her face.

“I don’t know yet” he said, “but it’s not looking good”

Tessa’s eyes started to water once more, and Justin smiled as he moved his fingers to he cheeks wiping away he tears as they fell.

“Hey hey,” he whispered, “Everything’s gonna be fine okay?”

She sniffled, looking at him, not so sure.

“Are you gonna leave?” she questioned

“I don’t know yet” Justin repeated, “That really depends on Brandon”

“I’m never having anyone over again” she pouted, “I’m not trusting anyone, ever”

Justin sighed, “Don’t do that” he said, “You don’t want to be alone forever Tess”

“Maybe I do” she said, looking at him

He smiled, “No you don’t” he said, “You’ll be a lonely old fart like me”

“You are not” she said,

He smiled, “I was before I met you” he said

She sniffled and hugged him tightly once more. Justin smiled as his arms wrapped around her once more.

“I should go back” he said, “Has Wade arrived yet?”

Tessa shook her head, “I’m not in the mood” she whined

“I know” Justin said, “But it’ll be good to do it, workout through some frustration”

“Where are you going?” she questioned

“To the patrol room” he said, “I’m still here to protect you”

Tessa looked at him, and stood on her tippy toes and kissed his lips lightly before letting go of him and running up the stairs. Justin watched her go, and sighed and turned walking out of the house.

As he walked down the driveway, he got the call that Wade was waiting outside and he signaled him in. He saw Wade’s car drive up towards him and Wade stopped rolling down his window.

“What’s going on?” he questioned

“Some information got out,” Justin said, “And they want the story”

“What story?” Wade questioned

Justin sighed and looked around, before back at Wade.

“Tessa and I have been more then friends, for awhile, secretly” he said,

Wade looked at him in disbelief and Justin continued “She told her friends last night, and one of them leaked it to the press” he said,

“Oh Justin” Wade said sighing

“I know it” Justin said, “I’m gonna be there for the Grammy’s, then it’ll be up to Brandon”

“Was he pissed?” Wade asked,

Justin laughed, “That’s not even the half of it” he said “And Joey doesn’t look happy with me either”

Wade looked up at Justin, “Should I leave then?” he questioned

Justin shook his head, “No, it’ll be good for her” he said “Besides, she needs to be her best at the Grammy’s”

Wade nodded, “Alright” he said, “I’ll see you around then”

Justin nodded and stepped away from the car and Wade drove up the drive way. Justin made his way to the patrol room, trying to be hidden from the paparazzi outside.

-*-

Two days later the paparazzi still hadn’t lightened up. They were all still camped outside the gates, trying to get the best pictures. Tessa had put off going to get her outfits for a couple of days, but she had to do it now. There was no other time.

Brandon had called the stores she wanted to go to and asked if they would close early, so that Tessa could shop in peace. They graciously agreed and Tessa would be heading out that night at 7:00 to shop for her three outfits for the Grammy’s. Justin opted to stay behind so that there wasn’t a huge frenzy, but Tessa insisted that he’d come.

So about 6:45, Tessa came walking down the stairs of her house, purse hanging on her arm as she was dressed in some jeans and a flowery blue top. Justin, Joey, and Brandon were standing in the foyer waiting for her. Though their relationship would never be what it was, they agreed the most important thing was to keep Tessa safe.

“Are we ready?” she asked at the 3 men that were waiting for her in the foyer.

All three men turned to look at her as she walked down the stairs. Justin immediately opened the front door and Tessa stepped out followed by Joey and Brandon. Tony come back to the house to be Tessa’s driver, and was waiting with the door open to the black SUV.

Tessa stepped inside first with a wave to Tony, and Joey and Brandon followed suit. Justin would take his seat in the passenger seat, as Tony drove to their destination.

Tessa looked out the window as the streets passed her by, her life was not getting any better since her and Justin were found out. Brandon had chosen to make a statement on the matter hoping it would die down the attention, but it only did the opposite. They still wanted the pictures, the inside information, but it wasn’t going to happen. Tessa’s face had been all over the magazines, which was causing a lot of unwanted attention before the Grammy’s.

Tony drove towards their destination, talking quietly to Justin. He was informed of the situation and knew what kind of chaos they may be dealing with. He turned the corner towards their destination and pulling up into a deserted ally. She would be going in through the back way, hoping it would confuse some. The alley was complete deserted which made them all sigh in relief.

Tony stopped in front of the back door, and Justin exited the car first looking around the area before he opened the back doors. Brandon came out first, and then Joey and Tessa came out after. Joey and Brandon stood on each side of her, as Justin knocked on the back door. They waited a minute before the door opened, and a young woman came into view.

“Karenna?” Justin questioned

The young women smiled, her blonde bangs falling over her eyes, as she reached up to move them before shaking his hand.

“Justin,” she said “Glad you could make it”

“Thank you for closing early” Justin said, and moved out of the way to let Tessa come into view.

Tessa smiled and stuck her hand out to shake the women’s hand.

“Oh Tessa, I love your work” Karenna said, shaking her hand.

Tessa smiled “Thank you” she said, “And thanks for letting me come shop here in peace”

Karenna nodded, “Of course” she then moved out of the way “Well, come on in” she said

Tessa stepped passed Justin into the room, as Justin followed and Joey and Brandon behind him. All the lights were on in the store, but there were curtains over the windows with the exception of the front door, but it was closed and secured. Joey made his place by the back door, Tony was going to stay out in the car, and Justin was walking around the place while Brandon was with Tessa helping her decide on which 3 outfits she should buy.

They were about an hour into their shopping, when Justin’s cell rang. He looked at the caller ID and saw Tony’s name and quickly flipped it open.

“Whats up Tony?”

“Uh, word got out”

“What do you mean?”

“There’s paparazzi surrounding the car, and waiting by the back door”

“Shit”

“You want me to drive around”

“Yeah, drive around a little and I’ll call you when we’re done”

“Alright”

They hung up. Brandon turned to Justin as soon as he hung up the phone.

“What’s wrong?” he asked,

Tessa had been in the dressing room so she didn’t hear any of the conversation.

“Paparazzi found us” Justin sighed, “Tony’s gonna drive around a little, but they’re surrounding the back door”

“Seriously?” Brandon asked

Justin nodded and sighed. “Is she almost done?” he asked

As if on que, Tessa came out of the dressing room area.

"What's wrong?" she asked looking at the two men.

“Noth-“ Brandon started, but she cut him off.

“Don’t say nothing, you two don’t whisper for no reason” Tessa said firmly,

Brandon looked at her then at Justin once more.

“You got found out, they’re surrounding the back door, and Tony took off to drive around a little” Justin said, knowing not to mess with her.

She shook her head with a sigh; “I’m almost done” she said and walked back into the dressing room.

Justin looked at Brandon once more, and ran a hand through his semi grown back hair before looking out the front door of the shop. He could see people starting to gather, peeping in through the glass trying to get a glimpse of the pop star. He walked to the back of the store to let Joey know what was going on, as Brandon went back to help Tessa finish up her purchases.

By the time Tessa was ready to buy, there was a crowd surrounding the front door, flashes of lights going off as people snapped pictures.

Justin did his best to stand in front of it, to try and block what he could; he got a call from Tony stating there were still people in the back of the store but was there. He parked as close to the door as he could, and had it ready to take off when they were ready.

When Tessa thanked Karenna once more for closing early, and staying for her they headed to the back of the store. Joey and Brandon headed out first, the door opened and screams could be heard.

“Tessa!”

“Tessa, did you shop for the Grammy’s?”

“Who are you taking?”

“Any comment about your relationship with Justin?”

“Look this way!”

They put themselves on each side of the walk way, blocking anyone that they could. She grabbed Justin’s hand, holding her bag of purchases tightly.

“You okay?” he questioned,

She nodded, “Jus get me home” she said

He nodded, and thanked Karenna once more before heading out the door, his arm wrapped around Tessa protectively. The crowd broke out into a scream, as Justin quickly ushered her into the SUV.

People attempted to reach over Joey and Brandon with their cameras and were quickly pushed aside by the two men as Tessa reached the car and got in quickly. Justin turned to the two men.

“Let’s go” he said, signaling them to get in.

They did quickly, Brandon first then Joey second. Justin got into the passenger seat and as soon as the door closed, Tony took off. Everyone sighed in relief as they turned the corner; they made it out of there alive.

“Everyone alright?” Justin asked, turned in his seat to look at everyone.

“We’re good” Brandon said, holding Tessa’s hand as she looked at Justin before turning to look out the window again.

To think, this was only the beginning.

-*-

Hours later Tessa sat in her theater room trying to keep her mind of anything but what was happening in her life. The attention she was getting for this scandal was not good, not with the Grammy’s so close.

She had yet to talk to any of her girlfriends, despite the calls they all made to her cell phone, house phone, and even to Brandon. She refused to talk to any of them, one of them betrayed her and she didn’t want to hear their sorry excuses.

Brandon and Joey had yet to really talk to her, unless it had to do with her well being. She knew she betrayed their trust by getting involved with Justin, but she couldn’t help it and would not regret it.

She was laying across one of the over stuffed couches in some pajama pants and a tank top hugging a pillow to her chest as she scanned the TV.

She heard someone step into the room and she peeked her head over the couch and sighed when she saw Justin standing there.

“You ok?” he questioned

She nodded before sinking back on the couch, leaning her head against the arm. Justin took that as a hint to come into the room and he walked inside, and went to sit down on the other side of the couch, putting her feet onto his lap.

He looked at her before looking back at the TV. Despite their relationship being found out, Tessa was happy that Justin’s affection towards her did not change.

“Whatcha watching?” he asked,

She shrugged “Nothing” she said “TV is boring”

“You want me to run down and get you some movies” he suggested

Tessa smiled and looked at him, too sweet. She shook her head.

“I’ll survive” she said,

He smiled at her before turning back to the TV.

“So, what’s happening tomorrow?” she asked, it was only 2 days before the big day and she was starting to get a little bit nervous.

“Wade comes over for his last run of the choreography in the morning, and we head out to the arena to practice and do a run through” Justin said, as she began to gently massage her socked feet.

“I can’t believe it’s almost here” Tessa said looking at him.

“Felt like it would never come huh?” he questioned.

She nodded, “I kinda don’t want it to come” she whispered

Justin looked at her and sighed, he knew why. After the Grammy’s their future was unclear, they both knew that. Tessa moved her feet from his lap and crawled towards him, resting herself onto his lap as she straddled his thighs. Justin looked up at her as she leaned against him.

“Promise me you’ll stay” she whispered

He smirked, “You know I can’t promise that” he said “It’s not my decision”

“Yes it is” she said, leaning her forehead against his.

He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers, Tessa leaned against him. He smiled and moved his hands to her hair, moving the hair from her face.

“Brandon is in charge” Justin said,

She poked her bottom lip, and Justin leaned forward taking it into his mouth as he gnawed on it. Tessa groaned as she moved herself more into his arms. Justin broke the kiss before it got too far, this would not go well with the other two men in the house.

“You’re gonna try and stay right?” Tessa asked,

Justin smirked, “I’ll try and do what I can”

Tessa sighed and laid her head against his chest as she hugged him close. Justin had his hands on her waist, holding her close too.

“Maybe, he can hire someone else and you can still be with me” she suggested “So it won’t be breaking any rules”

“I’ll be working too though” he said “And who knows where that will take me”

Tessa sighed once more as she closed her eyes, hugging him tightly. Justin smiled and leaned down to kiss her head.

“C’mon, you should go to bed” he said, “Just 2 days until the big day, you want to be rested”

“No I don’t” she pouted

He chuckled, as she sat up and looked at him. He leaned forward pressing his lips to hers once more.

“Go on” he said,

She sighed and got off of him and headed towards the door. She turned and looked at him once more before heading out the door. Justin sighed and leaned his head back against the couch closing his eyes. The next couple of days were going to be rough.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey