Chapter 04

Justin spent the next week completely re-doing the security in Tessa’s home. He changed the intercom in the front of the gate, adding security cameras all around the gate, and the outside of the house, and backyard. He was re-doing the iron gate around her property, along with some other things.

He went through the process of hiring a driver, instead of having Joey drive her everywhere. A well qualified driver would keep Tessa safer when out on the road, and she would have two people watching over her.

The construction and noise though was driving Tessa insane. She couldn’t get a quiet moment to herself. She was attempting to get a tan, as she laid out in her back yard on a lounge chair by the pool. She leaned back in her chair, and sighed…finally the noise had stopped.

As her eyes drifted closed, the loud pounding noise of a drill could be heard, close by. Her eyes popped open, and she sat up turning to face the man drilling something inside her house. She scowled at him, before getting up and wrapping her wrap around her waist and walking towards the pool house.

She knocked and waited for an answer before entering; she had learned her lesson once entering and found Brandon a little busy. Brandon was sitting at his desk, thin wire reading glasses on going over some paper work.

“Oh Tessa…” he said smiling “What’s going on honey?”

Tessa sighed heavily, pouting as she went and sat down on one of the overstuffed couches in front of his desk, and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Uh oh I know that face” Brandon said, taking off his glasses

“I can’t get a moments peace here Brandon” she replied “I tried to go sit by the pool, and I can’t even relax there…the constant drilling is driving me insane!”

Brandon sighed “I know…he’s almost done okay?” he said “It’s for your safety…it really is” he said

Tessa stuck her lip out even more, as she leaned back against the couch. Brandon laughed, knowing exactly what she was trying to do.

“Listen…why don’t you go get dressed, and we’ll go do some shopping” he replied

“No…” she pouted again “Because he’ll have to come with us”

“Tessa…we hired him for a reason” he said “To protect you”

Tessa sighed “Alright fine” she gave in “give me 20 minutes”

She stood up, and rushed out the door back towards the house. Brandon leaned back against the chair, and sighed. He then got on the phone, and called Justin’s phone letting him know they were planning an outing in about 20 minutes.

~*~

More like an hour later, Tessa walked out the front door of her house, dressed to impress in tight jeans, and a cute little halter top, hair back, and her sun-glasses on, and her Louis Vuitton purse.
Justin was standing next to the driver; Tony, along with Brandon and Joey as they leaned against the black Suburban. Tony went right away to open the door for her; she climbed into the car, then Brandon as they sat in the way back. Joey then got in and sat in the seats closer to the back doors, as Justin sat in the passenger seat. The driver got in, and they headed towards the mall.

It had been a couple of hours, and Tessa forgot why she was even angry, she was having the best time shopping. She walked from store to store with Brandon by her side, as they looked through clothes.

Joey would stand outside the store, while Justin was in the store not following her, but watching over here. Brandon was looking through some things while Tessa went to try some clothes on, Justin followed standing outside her dressing room.

Soon Tessa came out of the little room, in a mini skirt, and tube top, walking towards the 3 mirrors at the end of the walk way. Tessa studied herself in the mirror, fixing her top, and looked at Justin through the mirror. He wasn’t even watching her, which annoyed Tessa; everyone paid attention to her.

“So what’s your deal?” Tessa asked as she turned and face Justin

Justin turned and looked at her, “Excuse me?” he asked

“Don’t you find me attractive?” she questioned “Or…are you in the closet”

Justin watched her, then shook his head and looked away.

“You’re my employer” he replied

“And?” she questioned hands on her hips “No one stops you from looking”

“Is that how you feel loved?” He questioned “by having people look at you”

Tessa rolled her eyes, and walked back into the dressing room. Justin crossed his arms over his chest, as he looked out into the store.

“You don’t know anything about me” Tessa said as she began to change “So don’t pretend you do”

“I never did” Justin replied, looking at her

Tessa looked back at him over the top of the door, and noticed his icy blue eyes.

“I don’t intimidate you?” she questioned

“Should you?” he asked

“People consider me a b*tch sometimes” she replied “I didn’t start out as one…but when people think of you that way long enough…it grows on you”

Justin shook his head “You can be who you want to be…even if you’re a big celebrity” he said “no matter what people say”

Tessa looked at the back of his head, as he scanned the store yet again. Finally she had finished shopping, and was hungry. So they headed back towards the car, and drove somewhere for lunch.

They headed towards a little Italian place closer to her house. Tessa, Brandon, and Joey went inside to eat, while Justin stood outside with Tony close by. Of course word got out that Tessa was at the restaurant so by the time Tessa came out to leave there were photographers everywhere.

As Tessa stuck her sunglasses on again and stepped outside, a little girl came running up followed by her mother.

“Tessa Tessa!” the little girl squealed running up to hug her

Justin quickly stepped in front of her holding her at bay. Tessa looked at Justin angrily, and moved him out of the way.

“Hey honey…what can I do for you?” Tessa asked bending down to be the little girls size. By this time her mother stepped behind her.

“Can I have your autograph??” the little girl questioned eyes big

Tessa smiled “Sure” she replied

“And a picture?” her mother asked, holding a throw away camera

Tessa smiled, and signed the napkin the little girl was holding, and then handed the camera to Brandon.

“Make it a good one B” Tessa said

The little girl, and mom stood next to Tessa, and Brandon snapped the picture.

“Thank you so much” the little girl smiled

Tessa smiled and tapped her head “You’re very welcome” she replied

She started walking towards her car, walking past Justin

“You should have just hit her” she said angrily

Justin followed behind her, along with Joey and Tony. They got back into the car, and Tony made his way back towards her house. As they drove, Justin ignored the complaining Tessa was doing to Brandon about what just happened.

As Justin looked out the side mirror he noticed a black Jeep Cherokee following behind them.

“Tony…speed up…and make a right at the next block” Justin said, looking through his sunglasses at the rearview mirror.

Tony did as he was told, and saw the Jeep follow him.

“Shit” Justin mumbled, “Drive faster…get into the property”

Tony did so, making a quick turn into the drive way

“Stop the car” Justin replied

Tony did so with a skid on the ground, and saw the Jeep speed by. Justin quickly got out,

“Go to the house quickly!” Justin said

The car sped off, and Justin began to run along the gate of the property, hiding himself in the brush. He took out his gun, holding it securely in his hands, and made his way around the property. He saw the black Jeep parked on the side, and noticed a camera lens sticking out of the passenger window.

“HEY!” Justin called loudly running after him

Who ever was in the car, sped off quickly down the street, although Justin tried to chase him; he got away. Justin sighed, and stopped running and looked back at the house and headed back towards it.

~*~

Tessa was sitting in the dinning room now, with Brandon and Joey, while Tony went to wash the car (like he always did after a drive). Tessa was sitting cross legged on one of the chairs, leaning on the table.

“I can’t do this anymore Joey” Tessa complained

Joey sat down on one of the other chairs across from her, with a beer in hand.

“Tessa…please” he replied “I can’t come rushing to your side every time he does something you don’t like”

“He was about to pummel that little girl” Tessa whined “All she wanted was an autograph and a picture”

“I know…” Joey replied

“Someone is seriously after you Tess” Brandon replied “We need to keep you safe”

“I thought you didn’t even like him” Tessa accused

“I don’t…” Brandon said, and laughed “But…he’s doing a better job, then Joey did alone…no offense Jo”

“None taken” Joey replied,

Tessa sighed and leaned her head back on the couch. Brandon walked over behind her and started to massage her shoulders.

“It’ll all work out honey” Brandon replied “We just need to take it one day at a time”

Tessa closed her eyes, and sighed once again. Joey and Brandon began to talk about something else, going on and on about it when Tessa heard the music from her latest music video blaring.

She got up, Brandon and Joey not noticing and headed down the hall way towards the theater room, the door was open and her voice was heard clearly. She stood in the door way, and saw Justin sitting on one of the couches, orange juice in a tall glass in his hand as he watched Tessa’s music video. She leaned against the door way, and watched him…he was so mysterious…why?
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey