Chapter 07

The next morning Justin got up at his usual time, smacking the alarm clock onto the floor as he crawled out of the bed. He did his usual morning rituals getting dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt. He slipped on some sneakers and his sun glasses and went to walk around the property, checking the gates and cameras.

As he was checking the camera on the intercom, he heard a rustling in the trees; he turned quickly and saw Tessa coming out of them, her iPod on her hip, one ear phone hanging down, she put her hands up.

“Sorry…” she replied “Didn’t mean to scare you”

Justin sighed and semi smiled “How you feeling?” he asked

“Fine” she said, as she stepped onto the road, and moving to shut off her music

“Did you sleep okay?” He asked

She nodded, “I didn’t wake up once” she replied

He nodded, and watched her as she looked at her feet.

“Want to walk with me back to the house?” she asked

He nodded his head in agreement, and she stood beside him and they made their way up the drive way.

“I understand now what you mean, about keeping me safe” Tessa said, as she looked at him

He turned and looked at her as well.

“But I wanted to talk to you about something” she said “And you can say no okay?”

He didn’t say anything, so Tessa took that as her cue to continue.

“I was thinking…that I’d like to go out with a guy sometime…on a date” she started “But I don’t know if I can do that…I mean what if he asks me to go back to his place…you’re gonna have to come right?”

Justin turned and looked at her, confused. They had reached the house now, and were standing by the door.

“So…I was thinking…maybe…you can take me out” she replied, smiling brightly

“Tessa…I“ he started

“Just think about it” she started, “If you say no…I’ll understand”

“Is this based on the kiss from last night?’ Justin asked

Tessa looked at him, and smirked “Maybe…” she teased

As Justin was about to answer, the front door opened and Maria came into view.

“Tessa…there’s a phone call for you” she said,

Tessa looked at her, her cheeks turning pink “Maria…I’ll take it inside, one minute ok?”

Maria nodded as she closed the door, and Tessa turned back to Justin.

“Just think about it okay?” she asked,

She reached over and kissed his cheek, then rushed into the house leaving Justin stunned.

~*~

A few hours later, after Justin did his usual checks of the property he decided to head out to the back yard and do some laps in the pool. Tessa was once again entertaining her friends in the theater room; Brandon was in his pool house doing who knows what, Justin just kept seeing girls walking in, but none leaving so far. And Joey was in the house, keeping his watch on the house and Maria as usual keeping tabs on the girls.

Justin dove into the pool, dressed in a black Speedo and began to swim up and down the pool trying to clear his head. But as he swan, visions flowed through his mind, making him push harder.

~Flashback~

Justin reached the house of his employer after leaving as quickly as he could from his parents home. His mother had just died from cancer a few hours before, and he had asked for some time off to go visit her before it was too late. Of course it was granted, and someone else was put in charge of the Mayor.

He parked his car in front of the mansion and looked in the rearview mirror wiping his eyes of the tears that fell from them. He looked around and noticed the house was dark, something was wrong. He quickly got out of the car, taking out his walkie talkie and pressed the button.

“Mac come in” he said into it, there was static and no answer.

Right then he knew something wasn’t right. He quickly took out his gun from its holder and walked towards the front door, looking into the windows seeing nothing. He reached over and kicked the door; it flew open with a crack the house pitch black.

There was no one in sigh; Justin quickly walked through the house slowly one room at a time. He walked into the kitchen and saw Jose on floor face first, blood down the back of his white shirt.

“Shit!” Justin screamed,

He grabbed his cell phone and dialed 911, after being on hold for 5 minutes he got this message through to them and help was on the way. Justin continued his journey through the house, looking from room to room. Not finding anyone down stairs he made his journey up the stairs.

He nearly fainted as he walked by Mac’s body, his fellow body guard, a gun shot to his head laying in the hall way near the master bedroom. His worst fears were coming true; he finally walked down to the master bedroom door. He put his ear to it, to listen for anything; tears were already pouring down his cheeks as he kicked the door open and almost screamed at the sight in front of him.

The Mayor lying on his back on his bed, blood every where and written on the walls of the room in blood “DEATH TO THE GOVERNEMT”. Justin turned hearing footsteps, and finally noticed the blinking red and blue lights around the property.

“FREEZE!” her heard, and Justin held his hands up

“I’m the bodyguard…” Justin replied “I made the 911 call…in my jacket there’s my badge”

The two officers went towards him, and one took the badge out of his pocket and saw it.

“Alright…what happened?” the officer asked

Justin shook his head “I came home to this…” he replied “As far as I know…there’s a body in the kitchen, and one down the hall, and…” he moved out of sight where the police saw the Mayor.

One of the officers put his hand over his mouth and ran out of the room, as the other looked on.

Justin put his gun back into his strap, “Everyone’s dead” he replied,

The police officer looked at him, and shook his head “This world is a sick place”

Justin nodded his head in agreement and they headed outside where more and more police had made their way to the property. The rest of the night was a blur to Justin; he was in too much shock from his mother and from the Mayor.

~End of Flashback~


Justin just kept pushing himself up and down the pool. He did laps until his legs and arms hurt and finally he reached the shallow end and stopped sitting on the steps panting as he leaned against the edge of the pool. Water running down his cheeks, as his tears mixed in with the pool water.

He sat on the top step putting his head in hands, and ran his hands over his shaved head; he had to stop doing this to himself. He didn’t know how long he sat there, but when he heard a door open and close he turned towards the house and saw Tessa walk out. She smiled and walked over to him, and sat down on the edge of the pool near him putting her legs in the water.

“Hey…you okay?’ She asked him

He looked at her, then looked out at the horizon “Yea…” was all he said

“You were pushing yourself pretty hard” she said

He shrugged “Just trying to get some aggression out” he said

“Aggression…towards me?” She questioned

He shook his head “No…just thinking” he replied

“About?’ She questioned “Your last girl friend?”

He laughed “No…” he said

They were silent for a minute, when Justin finally looked up at her.

“Aren’t you entertaining?” he asked her

She shrugged “They’re into the movie” she said, she leaned back on her hands as she kicked at the water with her legs. They were silent for a minute when Justin spoke.

“Tessa…” he said “About what you asked me…”

“Yea…” Tessa said looking at him

He smiled “When do you want to go?” he asked

She smiled, “Whenever…” she said “Take me where ever you want too”

Justin smiled, “Alright…how’s tomorrow?” he asked

She nodded “Great” she said

“Okay…we’ll leave around 7:30” he replied

She nodded, then got up “I’ll see ya then” she said and walked towards the house.

Justin watched her walk away and sighed as she walked into the house and he lay back down on the floor covering his eyes with his hands. What was he getting himself into?
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey