Chapter 08

Justin waited out the front door, leaning against his Escalade as he waited for Tessa. He couldn’t believe how nervous he was, and he couldn’t figure out why. He was dressed in casual kaki slacks, with a plain black button up shirt, and he had on black dress shoes. He also had on a black leather jacket and his sun glasses on as he jingled his keys in his hands. What he had planed wasn’t going to be high maintenance like she was used too.

A couple minutes later the door opened and Tessa stepped out, she was dressed in light faded denim jeans, and a pink and white stripped shirt that showed her belly button and naval ring, and some casual white Adidas. Her dirty blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail, and she had her purse to match. Justin watched her as she smiled and stepped out of the house and down the steps towards him.

“Wow you look great” she said with a wink,

He laughed and took her hand leading her towards the passenger seat, and helped her inside, “So do you” he said with a wink before he closed the door.

He quickly walked around to the driver side and got in and started the car.

“So where are we going?” She asked

He pulled out of the drive way making sure the gate closed before he drove off.

“You’ll see” he replied,

They made small talk as Justin drove towards their destination. The sun was slowly starting to set and it was starting to get breezy. Finally they reached their destination; the local park. Tessa looked out the window of the car, and noticed there was a huge amount of people around they were all facing this huge white screen and sitting on blankets.

Tessa turned and looked at Justin as he shut off the car, and she smiled. Justin got out of the car and went to the backseat to grab a basket and a blanket, as Tessa climbed out of the passenger seat. Justin went to stand beside her, and lifted his arm. Tessa smiled and wrapped her arm around his and they made their way towards the grass area where everyone else was.

No one seemed to know who Tessa was and she was actually enjoying it. They found a nice quiet spot near the trees in the back and Justin set up the blanket, putting the basket on the edge; while Tessa sat down.

Justin sat down next to her “So?” he asked “What you expected?”

She smiled “No…not really…but you’re not what I expected either” she said

He smiled at her, as he began to take the contents out of the basket. There was one bottle of iced tea, a bottle of orange juice, some sandwiches and a fruit bowl.

“Wow, you really know me huh?” she asked smiling

He laughed

“So what movie is it?” she asked looking around

“An old classic…Casablanca” he replied

She smiled; Maria always talked about the movie, but she had yet to see it.

They started to eat, still making conversation when the movie started Tessa moved into Justin’s arms and she leaned back against his chest complaining she was cold. He laughed, and took his jacket off putting it over her as they watched the movie. Justin had rested his chin on Tessa’s shoulder, becoming more comfortable with her as the night went on.

A couple hours later the movie had ended and everyone was headed out. Justin and Tessa were walking now hand in hand back towards the car.

“So did you like it?” Justin asked

Tessa looked up at him and smiled “It was great…I can’t believe I had never seen it before”

Justin smiled, as they continued their journey to the car. Tessa still had on Justin’s leather jacket as they reached the car and got in.

“How many times have you seen that movie?” she asked him, remember every time she looked back at him he was silently repeating the words

He started the car and drove out of the parking lot “Oh…to many times to count” he replied “It was my mom’s favorite; we kind of had a tradition”

Tessa noticed his mood had changed when he mentioned his mom, and she didn’t want to push it so she changed the subject.

“So is the night over?” she asked

He laughed “No, I thought we’d go to a bar and have a drink or two before we headed back” he said

She smiled “Sounds fine to me” she said

~*~

Soon they were sitting at a quiet booth in the back; Justin was drinking a beer while Tessa was nursing a rum and coke. There was a basket of peanuts sitting between them. The low sound on soft country music was playing in the background and Tessa looked around as Justin took a swig of his beer.

“So…you like this stuff huh?” Tessa asked “The place…the music?”

Justin shrugged “Yea…” he said “Why? To low key for you?”

She laughed and shook her head “No…it’s actually kinda nice” she said and took a sip of her drink.

They were silent for a minute before Tessa spoke up again.

“So…why did you choose this as a career?” she asked him

He looked at her, and shrugged as he took another drink of his beer.

“Oh come on, you choose it for a reason” she said

“Makes me feel good about myself…” he said “Knowing I can protect people” then he added “Plus I can’t sing…”

Tessa smiled before asking “Just people?” she started “I mean I can understand if it’s someone like the president…but just people…like me?”

He nodded “Sure” he replied “I don’t know if Joey told you this but. I wasn’t planning on taking this job…I had never worked with celebrities…and I didn’t want to start”

“So what made you change your mind?” Tessa asked with a smile

He looked at her, “I don’t know” he said “I knew you needed help”

“Well…thank you for coming to rescue me” she said, smiling

He laughed “You seem like you can take care of yourself though” he said

She shrugged “I like to believe I can” she said “But like I said, that club thing…it scared me”

Justin watched her, as she took another sip of her drink.

“I never really did thank you for that” she said watching him

He shook his head “No need, it was my job” he said

“I should have listened to you when you said it was time to go” she said

He shrugged; the waitress had come by to give Justin another beer.

“So…have you ever liked anyone before…you know a girl” she said

He took another drink “Yea sure” he said casually

“What happened?” She asked

Justin didn’t say anything, as Tessa watched him closely.

“She didn’t die did she?” she asked “While you were protecting her…”

Justin stayed silent, as he folded his hands out in front of him.

“No one is perfect” he replied looking at her

Tessa looked at him silently, shocked. Then Justin broke out in a grin,

“No…” he said laughing “It didn’t end that way”

Tessa grabbed some peanuts ready to chuck them at him “You jerk” she replied

He laughed holding onto her hand, forcing her to put the peanuts back into the bowl.

“So what happened?” she asked

“She just didn’t love me anymore” he replied “She was a big time singer at the time, and was moving on to bigger and better things”

“Is that how you met her?” Tessa asked

Justin nodded “Pretty much” he said “My boss introduced us”

Tessa looked around and noticed some couples were dancing in the middle of the bar on a dance floor and she smiled and turned back to Justin.

“So…does this date entitle us to everything?” Tessa asked with a wink

Justin looked at her, not saying anything.

She laughed “Relax…I’m just asking you to dance” she said and stood up holding her hands out to him “Come one” she said

Justin took them as he stood up, and they made their way onto the dance floor. Tessa wrapped her arms around Justin's neck, as he laid his hands on her sides not wanting to cross a line. Tessa could tell he was nervous and she smiled, as she snuggled closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder, nuzzling her face into his neck.

They moved to the slow song in silence, Justin continued to look around; his habit, and when Tessa looked up at him she noticed he was not concentrated on her. She moved her hand to his cheek, and pulled it towards her.

"We're okay" Tessa said, as she looked up into his eyes

He looked down at her, she reached up and stroked his cheek which was usually stubby but now it was soft and smooth. She slowly brought his face down towards her, and their lips met in a slow steamy kiss.

As their kiss continued, there was a loud “CRASH” and Justin quickly broke the kiss, turning so Tessa was behind him as he looked in the direction; the only thing that was there was a waiter picking up the pieces of glass that lay on the floor. He sighed; frustrated that he had let his guard down. Tessa went back into his arms, and made him look at her again.

“It’s okay…” she said “Look at me” he did so looking into her eyes “I’ll keep you safe”
she said, as she hugged him close laying her head on his shoulder, as they continued their slow dance.

~*~

Justin turned on the light to the patrol room, and opened the door more for Tessa to come inside. She walked in, Justin’s jacket still on her shoulder and she looked around the place. There was nothing up, the walls were blank, but there were boxes all over the place. She turned around looking all over, then back at Justin who was sitting on the bed, with a glass of orange juice now.

“Not much of a decorator huh?” She asked

Justin shrugged “Haven’t been here long enough” he replied

She then noticed a bunch of picture frames stacked on the dresser; she picked one up and looked at it, and had to smile. It was of Justin obviously; when he was younger he was kneeling beside a basketball, dressed in his school uniform, his hair was a mass of curls with a sweat band around it. She smiled and held up the picture showing it to him.

“This is a good look for you” she said

He looked at the picture, and Tessa could see the blush creep onto his face.

“That’s how I got into college” he replied “Scholarship”

“Oh” Tessa said and put the frame down, “I bet you were the heartthrob on the team too”

Justin shrugged and put the now empty glass down onto the bedside table. Tessa walked over and sat down next to him.

“Thank for the great evening” Tessa said smiling at him

He smiled “Not a problem” he said

“You wanna know something” Tessa said, as she leaned into him, their faces inches apart, she reached out and caressed his cheek once again, Justin looked into her eyes completely frozen “I’ve never felt more safe then when I’m with you” she said

Justin leaned forward making their lips come into contact, and wrapped his arms around her waist brining her closer to him as they fall back onto the bed. The rest of the night was magical as Tessa felt the pleasure from a man she had never felt before.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin joey