"Oh my God Justin, this place is amazing." Emma's eyes were wide open as she took in the scenery of the restaurant. She gazed up at the candlelit chandeliers, the golden light illuminating the cream colored tablecothes that covered the tiny tables built for two.

Justin was holding her hand in his own and patted the top of her hand with his other as he laughed a little.

She looked at him and the light, or her sheer excitement he wasn't sure which made her eyes sparkle like the stars twinkling in the moonliight.

They were suddenly caught in a moment, standing there in the foyer of the bistro staring into eachothers eyes. Justin's hand brushed hair away from her face and his palm rested against her cheek. Her hand came up to hold onto his wrist and keep his hand there as she leaned into it and her eyes closed. He started to lean closer when the maitre dee approached them, his french accent thick as he tried to force out english words.

"Meestier Timberlake, your tabal iz reddy." he cleared his throat and politely looked away from them. Justin sighed noticably and collected her hand in his again, following after the man. He remained standing until after she had been seated and then took his own seat accross from her.

A short moment later a waiter approached the table with a bottle of wine and poured it immediately into their glasses and introduced himself. He stayed only briefly to mention the chef specialties and then left them to look over the menu.

"Do you know French?" Emma whispered her question to Justin accross the table.

"Not at all." He looked up and winked at her with a laugh. "I do however know that 'poulet' is chicken so I think I am going for that thing the waiter mentioned."

"I think I'll do the same." She closed her menu and set it on the table, then she reached for her glass of wine.

The waiter seemingly noticed they had set their menu's down and was next to their table within seconds, setting down a plate with various cheeses and breads. He took their order, Justin trying his best to speak French but he only recieved a bored and almost annoyed look in response.

The two were left alone again.

"Thank you for dinner Justin." Emma smiled.

"Thank you for coming." he returned the smile. "You are certainly more beautiful then Mike."

She blushed and reached for her wine again.

"Better company too." Justin grinned triumphantly over having made her blush and took a sip from his own glass. He then clasped his hands together and rested his chin on his fists, watching Emma's every move.


Emma sipped her drink and willed the redness in her cheeks to go away and as she set down her glass she noticed his intent gaze.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?" He grinned and it was almost completely blocked from view by his hands.

"You're staring at me." She replied.

"I'm sorry but, you are sitting accross the table from me and you are my date. You know the French are horribly snooty people and that would be a silly silly thing to lose fans over." He had softened his words and leaned over the table, she'd had to lean closerto hear him and he took advantage of that and kept his voice low. "How would you feel, ruinin my career all because you didn't want me to look at you?" He grinned and this time his hands were on the table and she could see it fully.

She leaned back and playfully glared at him. "Oh hush." she folded her arms over her chest and he started to laugh.

He was suddenly caught in a belly-buster of a laugh, it must have been nerves, but it was so loud and hearty that other people in the restaurant were turning to look at them.

"Justin, Jay!" Emma leaned closer to him. "People are staring."

Then, just as suddenly he stopped laughing and looked at her. "So..." he paused. "It's not just me staring at you that makes you nervous, its anyone?" Way to bring down the ego Em, I was starting to think this was going somewhere." He motioned between the two of them as he baited her.

She opened her mouth to say something but then didn't. He was fishing for compliments and that she was sure of. She smiled slyly. "I guess you'll never really know."

His eyes widened and he grinned that adorable grin of his again. "Keeping me on my toes huh?"

"Someone has to."

"A toast to that." He chuckled and raised his glass, refusing to pull his arm down until she clicked her's against his and took a sip. He winked at her over his glass.

Soon enough the nervousemess on either party drifted away as their food arrived and they melted into comfortable conversation.


"I'll bet you've stared out your window at that tower every night havn't you?" Justin asked Emma. They were walking side by side, trailed by Mike a few feet back. He'd left them alone during dinner but the sidewalks and streets were a different story.

"Not at all." Emma replied.

"Yea right." Justin rolled his eyes and laughed knowing she was lieing and finally mounted the courage to reach for her hand.

She felt his hand slide down her forearm and close around hers and it felt strangely comfortable. She wound her fingers inbetween his and walked a little closer. They were simply letting their feet carry them and slowly but surely they were coming closer to that sparkling tower.

"You wanna go up?" Justin asked her as they neared the entrance to the elevators and stairs.

"Can we?" She asked.

"I think I can pull some strings." He winked again and reluctantly had to let go of her hand to go talk to one of the guards at the entrance. Technically the tower was closed but after a few minutes of convesation they were allowed to go up.

"Well then." Emma was besides herself when she realized the kind of connections he really had. She also noticed that Mike had again stayed behind to give them time alone.

"I'll bet you take all the girls up here." Emma joked as they leaned aginst the railing side by side and stared out over the city. She didn't really allow him to answer though. He just shook his head with a smile anyway. "This is beautiful."

Justin glanced at her, the lights making the outline of her face barely visible as she stared out into the night sky. "Yea." he replied softly. Some of her hair moved with the wind and he wanted so badly to reach out and tuck it behind her ear.

His dreamy tone caught her attention and she turned and looked at him, looking at her.

"I was talking about the city." She replied softly.

"I... wasn't." The urge overtook him and he boldly reached out and traced his fingertips along her forehead and cheek, finally pushing away that hair and leaving his palm their against the side of her face.

"I..." Emma began to say something but Justin's other hand reached up and he pushed his forefinger against her lips.

"Shh."

That hand slowly moved to her other cheek and for a moment the noises and lights of the city faded away. His thumbs moved back and forth across her lips and his eyes were burning fire as they concentrated on the path that his thumbs were trailing.

His gaze moved up, back to meet her eyes and his hands reached for hers and pulled her arms up around his neck, tickleing her skin as they reached then for her waist and held her steady as he stepped closer.

One of his hands stayed at her waist and the other cradled her cheek in it's palm again and then those minutes of quiet contemplation and frustrating silence ended.

"Emma..." Justin whispered. His question unvocalized but understood all the same, and she nodded in response.

Both pairs of eyes shut and in a split second his lips covered hers. Both of them swore they heard fireworks in the distence, but there were none. Her hands moved from his neck and pushed against the back of his head, there was no hair their for her fingertips to bury into. Stupid buzz cut.

She kissed him back with everyting inside her. This night had been pure magic and any dreams that would come that night would just be a dissappointment.

In his mind he was thinking slightly the same thing. His dream the other night hadn't come close to the actual feeling of holding her in his arms this way but at the same time he was wondering what parts of his dream would come true and which wouldn't. He had hope but he knew the reality. Hope would only go so far.

A few minutes later, when they couldn't breathe without gasping and they were dizzy from that sensation, they broke apart from eachother and were again side by side leaning against the railing.

"I think..." Emma said slowly. "I think we need to get back to the hotel. It's getting late."

Justin looked at her confused, that was certainly not what he was thinking. "Um... yea, okay." He turned and followed her back to the elevator. He didn't say much the whole ride down, or back to the hotel, but he was relieved when she reached for his hand as they got out of the car and headed inside.

"Tonight was wonderful Justin." Emma said when they stopped in front of her door. "Thank you for dinner, and the walk. It was perfect."

"Thank you for coming with me." He replied and lifted her hand to his lips for a brief kiss.

She nodded. "Did we ever figure out whether this was a date or not?" She asked with a smile.

"I know what I think, but what about you?"

"I guess you'll never know." She winked and this time he was left momentarily speechless.

"Keeping me on my toes huh?" He recovered quickly and grinned, stepping closer to her and lifting a hand to her cheek.

"Someone has to." she closed her eyes and waited for him to kiss her again and he gladly obliged.

"Goodnight Emma." He whisped and kissed her one last time.

"Goodnight." she smiled softly and then dissappeared into her room.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story