Emma and their wonderful evening were the only things that filtered through Justin's dreams that night, and she was the first thing that entered his conscious the next morning as he showered and got ready for the day.

"Daddy?" Riley was sitting cross-legged in the middle of the bed while he was getting dressed.

"What Princess?"

"Why didn't I stay with Emmy last night?"

"Emma and Daddy went to dinner last night, so she was with me."

"Oh." Riley was satisfied with that answer it seemed. "Am I gonna be with Emmy today?"

"Yup, you sure are." He was buckleing his belt when he heard a knock at the door. "Is that okay?"

"Yea, I like Emmy. Is she my new Mommy?"

Justin stopped midway to the door and looked at Riley. "No no Riley, Emma is just... just Daddy's friend, she's not your Mommy." he answered. "Hold on a second Riley... come here." He walked back to the bed and picked her up, and they walked towards the door.

Justin adjusted Riley on his hip and looked out the peephole. It was Emma, already dressed and ready to pick up Riley, and he didn't even have a shirt on. 'oh well' he thought, and with a shrug of his shoulders he opened the door and smiled.

"Good morning." he said.

Emma opened her mouth to speak but got caught looking him over before she could form a word. 'Damn him'

"G'Mornin Emmy" Riley broke the silence and reached out to her. She recovered quickly and ignored Justin's cocky grin, however she couldn't ignore the warmth of his skin when her hand brushed his chest in it's pursuit to pull Riley form his arms.

"Good Morning Riley. How are you today?"

"good... and Daddy says you're not my Mommy just his friend." Riley had inadvertantly drawn out the last word simply because that was the way Justin had done it. His shoulders shrugged and he strongly resisted the urge to slap himself in the forehead. Emma looked right at him, wide eyed and clearly confused, possibly even angry but he couldn't tell. Either way she quickly turned her attention back to Riley, who was waiting for her to say something.

"Well you're Daddy is right, I'm not your Mommy Riley."

"Ur Daddy's friend."

"Riley... Riley, Daddy's begging you to stop saying that. Or Emma might not be Daddy's friend anymore." Justin's face was beet red, something Emma had never seen before. He reached for his daughter and then put her on the floor. "Why don't you go watch Spongebob Okay, so Daddy can talk to Emma."

"O tay." Riley ran off and climbed onto the bed to watch the television.

"I'm sorry about that." Justin said softly to Emma, who was standing there with her arms folded across her chest waiting for some kin of explanation. Even though Riley had know idea what she was saying, Emma didn't like the way the word made it sound like she was Justin's call girl.

"She woke up this morning and was asking me why she didn't stay with you last night and I told her we were together, and then she was asking if you were... her new Mommy and I guess I stressed the word unneccessarily." He rambled on until Emma reached up and pushed her finger against his lips.

"It's okay." She said, and he slowly smiled at her.

"So, how are you this morning Emma?" Justin walked over to his bag and as slowly as he possibly could, pulled a t-shirt over his head, all the while that evil grin on his face.

Emma stared past him at Riley laughing at the cartoon, basically just looking anywhere but at him. "I'm fine." she replied.

"Good." Justin walked back and stood directly in front of her. "I should get going, Mike's gonna be banging on this door any second, but first..." he paused, wrapped his arms around Emma and then kissed her forehead, "I had to do that." he smiled and then stepped around her. "I'll see you later Emma. Riley! Come give Daddy a hug." He kneeled on the floor and watched Riley scramble off the bed and run full speed towards him. He held his arms out and she crashed into him and he stood, hugging her.

"Gimmie a kiss." He puckered up his lips and she gave him a peck and then she set her back on the ground and she shouted g'bye and ran back to the bed. Then he turned and looked at Emma. "What about you?"

"Get real." She laughed a little and pushed him back when he stepped closer, however, he was much stronger then her and got close anyway, again enveloping her in his arms and staring at her expectantly. She looked back at Riley to make sure she wasn't looking and then very quickly she leaned up and kissed Justin's waiting lips.

"Now it's a good day." He smiled. "See ya." He winked at her and then finally was out the door.

"Whats got you so smiley." Mike was on his way down the hallway and was soon at Justin's side as they headed to the elevators and inevitably to a sound check.

"Nuthin, why?" Justin tactfully ignored Mike's knowing glance.

"Oh I don't know, you're up and out here on time for one. Not to mention I was with you on your date with Emma last night."

"Technically that wasn't a date."

"Right. Uh huh, whatever you say. Because the Effiel Tower, and Paris aren't romantic at all." Mike replied sarcastically.

"uh, right."

"Get off it Jay, it was a date, did you kiss her?"

"Yeess."

"It was a date."

"Remember what I told you about guarding my body and not telling me how to use it?"

"Hey man don't get all snippy with me, I'm just lookin out for ya. Theres more riding on this then just your life, you've got Riley to worry about."

"Don't you think I know that!" Justin was getting a little angry now. "I'm not just fuckin' around here."

"Okay Jay."

"Dude it's not like I hooked up with her and didn't call her back, we just kissed a few times and for God's sakes I saw her this morning too, and I kissed her then, do I have to tell you everything?"

Nothin more was said, Justin was on the verge of seething as it was and Mike felt like he had made his point.


Emma and Riley spent the day exploring a little more of the city and were able to meet up with Justin for dinner. They were sitting in his dressing room eating pizza and watching cartoons. They were usually the only thing that Riley would sit still for.

"So how come you don't have us come for dinner more often?" Emma took a sip of her soda and looked at Justin who was chewing an enormous bite of pepperoni pizza. He held up a finger and swallowed.

"I don't know, never really thought about it I 'spose." he glanced at Riley and told her to eat her dinner, then looked back at Emma and lowered his voice a little. "And, I have my own selfish reasons." He winked and then took another bite of his pizza. Emma blushed and then pretended to watch the television. Justin laughed lightly with a shake of his head. Oh how he loved to make her blush.

"Jay, ya gotta start getting ready." Mike popped his head into the room and after speaking with Justin he smiled and said hello to Emma and the left.

"It's only 6 o'clock." Emma looked at Justin confused look.

"Yea, but I have to be ready by the time Pink goes on, and sometimes they have stuff to touch up with wardrobe and hair and make-up."

"You have no hair!" Emma laughed. Justin ran a hand over his buzzed head.

"Yea, yea, yea, but they always put stuff on my face, I don't really know why, only the dancers get that close but I just do what they tell me to." He stood up and picked up Riley.

"Take orders well huh?" Emma smiled evilly and a million dirty thoughts ran through Justin's mind.

"Depends." he winked again and then kissed Riley's cheek before handing her to Emma.

"I'll see you later Jay." Emma rolled her eyes and started to leave but he caught her arm and quickly kissed her cheek.

"You gonna wait up?"

"maaaaybe. Should I?"

"Maaaybe." He replied and kissed Riley again, "you'll just have to do it and find out."

"And on that note. I'm gonna go. Say goodnight to Daddy, Riley, you'll see him in the morning."

"Bye Daddy!" Riley called out as Justin was heading towards the bathroom.

"Goodnight my girls." He said hoping Emma would catch the 's' on the end of 'girl.'

"Goodnight Jay." Emma nodded at him and left with Riley.


The show was over earlier then usual that night and when Justin got back to the hotel he found Emma and Riley both asleep on the couch, the television softly echoing thorugh the room. He was faced with a dilemma.

Riley was no problem, he could put her in her crib and she wouldn't even notice. Emma was another story, he could let her sleep there on the couch and she would wake up with probably a horrible neck problem and be miserable all day. He had the day off and he definately didn't want that. He could wake her up and be selfish with some of her time, he did want to spend time with her, or...

He made his decision. He took care of Riley just like he had planned and then pulled back the covers of his own bed. God he was tired.

He padded quietly back over to the couch where Emma was still sleeping and he turned off the television. Thankfully she had already kicked off her shoes. He moved as slowly and fluidly as his tired muscles could work, and he lifted her off the couch and waited for her to adjust to this new position before he carried her to the bed and tucked her under the covers. 'It was so much easier with Riley.' he thought, not that Emma weighed much but he hadn't had a woman in his arms in so long, as least not this way.

The light beside the couch was casting just enough into the room so that he could see Emma relax back into sleep. He leaned over her and thought for a moment before kissing her forehead. He was falling so hard for this girl and that feeling was very strange for him.

Justin turned around and shrugged off his shirt and then ducked into the bathroom to strip to his boxers and brush his teeth.

Then he took a pillow off the bed and another blanket out of the closet and made himself a bed on the couch. He supposed he could have easily found her key and gotten her to her own room, or even made Mike do it, but having her close to him, in the same room while he slept put him at a strange ease. He drifted off to sleep in no time, his dreams filled with this quasi-family that he was erecting with the relationship between himself and Emma and he couldn't have been more happy.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story