As the taxi pulled up in front of JFK airport and stopped just behind the black stretch limo that Justin was in, Mark Sulley handed the driver way too much cash and quickly exited the cab. He walked up to the side of the unguarded limo and knocked on the glass window. For a second it seemed as though nothing was going to happen and he started to think he was too late but then suddenly the door opened and a tall large black man stepped out.

"Can I help you?" He asked sternly, making sure the door to the limo was shut before he stood in front of it.

"Yes. Is Justin Timberlake in that limosine?" Mr. Sulley asked, knowing full well that the man wouldn't volunteer that information with just one question.

"I'm afraid I'm not qualified to give you that information." he replied.

Sulley popped open his briefcase and pulled out the summons with Justin's name on it. He held it up and motioned for the man to take it. He looked it over breifly, snatched it from Sulley's hands, looked it over more carefully, and then handed it back to him. "Who are you?"

"My name is Mark Sulley, I'm a lawyer from Illinois and I was chosen to represent Miss Riley Grant, and carry out the instructions left in her mother's will regarding her care. I have been trying to get in touch with Mr. Timberlake for the last month to inform him of..." Sulley trailed off, not wanting to reveal too much information to a man he wasn't sure he could trust with confidential information. "I need to speak with Mr. Timberlake. Can you help me do that?"

The man nodded and then opened up the door to the limo. "JT?"

"Yeah?" Sulley heard Justin's voice reply.

"There's someone out here who needs to talk to you. Can I let him in?"

"It's a him? Man Mike , I've got a headache, I just wanna go home. Can you just tell him I'm in a hurry?"

"Naw man, I really think this is important."

"Uh damn. Okay whatever."

"Go ahead." The man named Mike stepped aside and allowed Sulley to climb into the car and found himself suddenly face to face with Justin Timberlake.

"Yo Mike? How much time we got?" Justin asked.

"You're good, the plane won't leave without you." Mike answered and then shut the door.

Mark Sulley held out his hand "Mr. Timberlake. You're a difficult man to get in touch with. I've been tracking you down for over a month. My name is Mark Sulley."

"Justin" Justin replied unnecessarily and shook the hand offered to him.

"Mr. Timberlake. I am in a difficult situation." Sulley began earning himself a confused look from Justin. "Let me introduce myself, I am a family affairs lawyer from Illinois. I largely deal with divorce, annulments, and also prenuptual agreements."

"Okay, what does this have to do with me? I'm not married... or engaged for that matter." Justin rolled his eyes and began to mess around with his sidekick sending a text messege and virtually ignoring what Mr. Sulley was talking to him about.

"Well in rare cases I am also called in to resolve custody arrangements when there are children involved. Do you ever recall meeting a woman named Julie Grant?"

Justin absentmindedly shook his head no and continued to type onto his phone.

"Ms. Grant recently was in a fatal car crash and we have reason to believe that you Mr. Timberlake are the father of her 3 year old daughter Riley."

Sulley's last statement caught Justin off-guard and it managed to drag him away from his urgent text messaging and make him an active part of the conversation. "Excuse me, what?"

Sulley had expected some sort of disbelief as a reaction, in fact that was usually the case with these types of cases. He took out a photo of the little girl in question and handed it to Justin who took it and looked at it as if it would burn him and then handed it back to Sulley. "Mr. Timberlake, we request your willing participation in a paternity test before we proceed any further."

"Pa... pat... paternity? Why...how...do you know I am the father?" Justin stuttered out, still lost in disbelief.

"We won't know for sure until you take the paternity test, but in Julie's will she left sole physical and legal custody of Riley to her biological father and she claimed that is you. Normally we would have placed the child with her grandparents or another blood relative instead of the halfway house but unfortunatly there is no such person to place her with. We had no choice but to track you down as quickly as possible. Now I understand you have a few days before your next scheduled tour date, are you on your way back to L.A.?"

"Yes. Yes." Justin nodded.

"Okay. well we have a few options. You could agree to take the test, we could allow Riley to be placed in your custody until the results are returned, in which case if you are not her father she will be placed in a foster home until she is adopted."

"If I am the father?"

"Why don't we just get the test done first and then we'll worry about that."

Justin just nodded and swallowed loudly.

"Here's my card." Sulley spoke again handing Justin his business card, "Would you be able to meet me, and Riley of course at my office tomorrow around noon?"

Justin again nodded.

"Well I know you have a plane to catch and I have to book a flight myself so I will see you tomorrow afternoon and I will also arrange someone to be there to administer the test. It's not a very invasive procedure. I know we have special circumstances and I will be sure that everything is kept confidential so you don't need to worry about that. But Mr. Timberlake?"

"Yea?" Justin asked, looking up from his hands to Mr. Sulley.

"I'd advise you to start thinking about what you would do if the girl is your daughter. Things will start to move very quickly, especially with your lifestyle." Mark climbed out of the limo and thanked the bodyguard and then headed into the airport.

Mike climbed back into the limo himself. "Jay, dude, we need to get going the plane won't wait forever."

"Yea, man I know." Justin replied. "Dude, did you know what that guy had to say? I might have a kid."

"A kid?"

"Yea man. A daughter. Some woman died and said her daughter is my daughter."

"Some woman?"

"Yea man. Julie Grant, I think is her name. Do you remember her?"

"Do I remember her? Man you're the one that had to have slept with her why would I remember?"

"Mike come'on man. You know how it is."

"Damn Jay seriously? I don't know. Is that the woman from the club tour, the one you met in that po-dunk town in like Iowa? Or Illinois?"

"Illinois." Justin replied, he reached for his carry on bag and scooted towards the door of the limo. "Let's just go, I can't deal with this now. I just need to get to my first class seat and order a damn drink."

Mike shook his head with a sigh but dutifully followed his ward through the crowded airport and rushed through boarding procedures. By the time the plane was taking off Justin was already downing a drink and relaxing away his worries on the way home to Florida. However he couldn't shake the nagging feeling that his life was about to change forever.

"Hell Mike. What am I going to do man?" He said suddenly after an hour of internalizing his fears.

"Right now? Or in general?"

"Damn Mike, be real here. Seriously I might have a kid man. A kid. I'm too young to be a dad."

"You're too young to have sex?" Mike asked.

"Naw man, I'm too young to have a kid."

"If you're old enough to have sex then apparently you're old enough to have a kid, seeings as that's how you get there. Dude, don't do the crime if ya can't do the time."

"Man that's not helping." Justin rubbed his eyes with his fists and sat up straighter in the seat.

"Sorry man, but you're on your own. There's nothing I can say that's gonna change any of this. Just take the test and worry about it from there."

Justin nodded and then returned to his semi-relaxed position for the rest of the flight. By time time the plane touched down at LAX he had pushed the thoughts from his mind and was now more worried about finding a girl to spend the night with. Just another way to get this disaster off his mind.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story