The morning came too quickly as Justin unwrapped himself from the arms of some nameless blonde who lay naked in his bed. He groaned when he read the bright green digits on his alarm clock telling him it was already quarter to eleven.

"Hey Baby, I gotta get up, and you gotta get out." He nudged the woman off of him, allowing her to place a few aimless kisses on his bare chest and neck before he was out of her reach and off of the bed. "I gotta shower, so I'll see you later."

"You don't want me to stick around. I could make you some breakfast?" the pretty girl tried her best to find a way to stick around, but she'd been here before and knew how he acted afterwards. He would tell her no, to get going, and not call her again for a few weeks, until he had another free night and no one to spend it with.

He didn't really even notice the fact that he was naked, what did he care she'd already slept with him, he had nothing to hide. He was 'Justin Timberlake', and she... well she was nobody. He shook his head and muttered a no and then headed into the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind him.

He turned on the water, full blast and once it was warm enough, stepped inside letting the hot water beat against the muscles in his back. His hair was buzzed too short to really worry about so the purpose of the shower was really just to wake himself up and get the girl to leave. After washing away the dried sweat, and the traces of that girl's red lipstick, that he had acquired from the previous night's activities he shut off the water and climbed out of the shower, drying off his body quickly and wrapping the towel around his waist. He leaned over the sink and brushed his teeth and he noticed a bite mark on his shoulder and half smiled. He even impressed himself sometimes.

When he left the bathroom to go get dressed, a heavy steam cloud followed him through the door. As he expected the girl had left, but in her wake there was a note taped to his headboard with her number "in case he lost it" telling him to "call her sometime soon." He chuckled to himself and crumpled up the note, throwing it in the direction of the bathroom, planning on bringing it to the garbage there later.

Justin then picked out a pair of black boxer-briefs, and jeans and dressed his bottom half. He sprayed himself with cologne and grabbed a t-shirt out of a dresser drawer. He took the shirt and a pair of socks with him downstairs to the kitchen and fixed himself a bowl of cereal. He turned on the television in the kitchen and sat at the island while he wolfed down the cereal as quickly as he could. Finally he dropped the empty bowl in the sink and took a swig of milk right from the carton.

Then he looked at the clock again. It was already 11:45 and he knew he was going to be late so he picked up his cell phone from the counter and pulled the business card out of his wallet. After making the phone call to tell Sulley that he'd be late, he pulled the shirt over his head, put on his socks and shoes and shoved his wallet in his pocket. As he headed to his garage he grabbed his car keys off the counter and locked the door. Then he got into his black BMW roadster and pulled out of the drive.

After only getting lost once he pulled into the parking lot of the Sulley's office and parked the car. He turned off the engine and with a heavy sigh he leaned his forehead against the stearing wheel and checked the time from the clock on the dashboard. It was now 12:34. Knowing that he was late enough already, and also knowing that his life as he knew it was quite possibly over he debated on starting up the car again and just driving away.

But overall the guilt he would feel if the child was his and he'd abandoned her won out and he slowly got out of the car and with every step he felt more and more nauseous. His ever attentive bodyguard Mike, was waiting for him inside and it made Justin a little more at ease to see the friendly face. He sat in the chair next to Mike, and breathed a sigh of relief thinking that maybe he had time to calm down a little bit but much to his dismay a woman in a gray suit appeared before him and asked him to follow her to Mr. Sulley's office.

The office was relatively bare, with very few trinkets and only a couple photos in frames on the wall. There was a bookshelf in the corner with the usual legal journals and pamphlets filling the shelves. There was a desk in the dead center of the room and sitting behind it was the man Justin had come to know as Mark Sulley.

"Well hello Mr. Timberlake, I trust you found us alright?" Sulley stood up and walked around the desk to shake his hand. "Please, have a seat."

Nervously Justin sat in one of the two chairs that were in front of the desk. Mike looked at Justin, who was silently praying for him to stay there but Mike knew that this was something Justin had to do on his own. With downcast eyes, and avoiding Justin's stare Mike nodded a hello to Mr. Sulley and then left the room.

"Well then let's get this started shall we?" Mr. Sulley said, pulling a binder out of his desk drawer and opening it up to what appeared to be Julie's will. "In her will, as you can clearly see, Julie Grant left sole legal and physical custody her daughter, Riley Grant, to you, Justin R. Timberlake, but only after a test confirms that you are in fact the father of Riley. A paternity test is simple, we just take a cotton swab and wipe the inside of your cheek, as we have already done with Riley, and we just compare the DNA and if it's a match, then it's a match." he spoke matter of factly.

"Um, how much, I mean, how close of a match is required to, to make it official?" Justin stammered.

"Sometimes as low as 66% but it's usually either 99.9% or under 100% so let's just complete the test and then see where we are. Okay?"

Justin swallowed loudly and nodded as Mr. Sulley pushed a button on his phone and asked his secretary to have a woman named Heather come in. Heather entered the room and sat down in the chair next to Justin. Mark explained that Heather was here to administer the test and with another deep breath Justin opened his mouth and let Heather rub the inside of his cheek with an extra long cotton swab. She zipped it in a ziplock bag and then said goodbye and left the room.

"See, that wasn't so hard. Now we just have to wait."

"How long?" Justin asked.

"We should have the results in a couple days. We've put a rush on this because of the situation. Now, would you like to meet Riley?"

"I can? I mean... she's here?"

"Yes she certainly is, we've been entertaining her in one of the other offices until after you arrived because we weren't sure if you would want to meet her, but I can have Ellie bring her in. She doesn't know anything really about this, she's only three so until we're sure, you'll just be Justin okay?"

Again Justin just nodded but his palms were beginning to sweat as he rubbed them together and stood up to follow Sulley to the other office.

"No, no." He said as he waved his hands, and stood up. "You sit tight and we'll bring her here." Sulley left the room and for a few seconds Justin felt as though the silence of the room, and the walls, were closing in on him. He took a few deep breaths but it was all a lost cause because the second he heard the door start to open again his heart rate sped up again and he was just as nervous as he was a few minutes before.

Then he saw her.

Sulley came back into the room, with a little blond girl in his arms. Her curls framed her tiny face, but Justin could see dark blue eyes much like his own reflected back at him and he knew instantly that the test was just a formality. Even he couldn't deny that this little girl looked like him.

"Riley, I want you to meet a friend of mine, his name is Justin."

"Hi Jussin." The child said timidly. Justin nearly melted at the sound of the girl saying his name.

"H... hi." he replied. "What do you have there?" He asked, motioning to the teddy bear she held in her arms.

"It's mine." she answered and held it tighter in her arms. Sulley put her on the ground and she immediately went over to one of the chairs and climbed onto it.

"Riley, sweetie, he knows it's yours, but I think he was asking what it's name was." Sulley knelt down on the ground near the chair and looked at Riley's face. She nodded and smiled her little girl smile.

Meanwhile Justin was in complete awe of the little girl. Still trying to understand where the need to protect and care for her that had suddenly come over him, came from.

"Is Randy. You wanna see?" Suddenly Riley was standing right in front of him, holding the bear up to him waiting for him to take it. He hesitantly knelt down and took the bear from her hands.

"Oh he's cute." Justin said.

Riley reached for her bear back and then went back to Sulley, who picked her up and walked back to where Justin was now standing.

"Well I don't want to keep you for too much longer, I'm sure you have things to do. If you would like to see her again, this is the address to the home she is staying in. I will call you as soon as I get the results."

"Okay." Justin nodded, "Can I... can I hold her?" he asked nervously.

"Sure." Sulley replied with a smile. "Riley can you give Justin a hug goodbye? He has to go, but maybe you'll see him soon okay?" Riley nodded and held out her arms so that Justin could take her. He lifted her into his arms and immediately felt at ease when her little arms curled around his neck. His eyes closed and he inhaled deeply, trying to remember what she smelled like, and what it felt like to have her hug him.

"Bye-bye." she said and kissed his cheek.

When Sulley took her back and turned around to open the door Justin's hand lifted on it's own accord and his fingertips rested at the place where she had kissed him and he knew.

Knew without a doubt he knew that she was his daughter.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story