Later on that day, the trio were seated in their first class seats as the American Airlines jet soared through the sky toward the Empire State. Riley had fallen asleep almost as soon as the plane had reached cruising altitude, and her head was cushioned against a pillow so that it wouldn't bump against the window. Justin was in the middle seat with Emma sitting on his left. They spent most of the flight talking, Emma was more then nervous and Justin was doing his best to answer her many questions.

Suddenly the plane experianced a bit of turbulance and in her shock Emma gripped tightly to Justin's hand. He was so accustomed to flying that it really didn't bother him anymore and he laughed when she freaked out. He put his other hand over hers and patted it lightly.

Her cheeks pinkened with embarrassment. "I'm sorry." She said and pulled her hand away.

"It's fine." Justin smiled and reached for her hand on his own when more turbulence hit and held it between his. "You just let go when your ready." He said and then with her hand still held between his own he leaned his head back against the chair and tried to fall asleep. However his mind was concentrating on memorizing the feel of her skin against his even though it probably wasn't a good idea.

Emma was a little uncomfortable holding his hand so soon enough she excused herself and went to the bathroom and by the time she returned it looked like he was sleeping so she sat down quietly and tried to sleep as well.

A half hour later the plane landed in Buffalo and Justin, Emma, Riley and Mike were escorted off the plane before the other passengers. They made their way to baggage claim where all of a sudden they were met with a chorus of 'Oh my God's!' as a group of younger girls caught sight of Justin. Fortunatly Justin's security team was there and the group wasn't too large so Mike and two other guards stayed with Justin while he signed a few autographs and the other guards took Emma and Riley to the car and grabbed the luggage.

20 minutes later just as Emma was beginning to worry Justin opened up the door to the black SUV that she was waiting in and climbed inside.

"What was that about?" Emma asked.

"What?" Justin replied.

"Why couldn't we wait for you?"

"Oh. I don't really want any pictures out there or Riley or you. It would just cause a lot of rumors and I don't really want to deal with that." He answered.

"Rumors? Like what?"

"Um... you know." He shrugged.

"No... I don't." Emma gave him a confused look.

Suddenly Justin became a little uncomfortable. "I don't comment often on my personal life, so usually if I'm seen with a woman, people start to talk."

"So."

"Well they're either going to say you're my girlfriend, or Riley's mom... or both."

"Oh." Now it was Emma's turn to be uncomfortable and the conversation was dropped as she turned and watched out the window as the car pulled into the parking lot of a Marriot hotel.

Mike got out of the car and went inside to check them in and when he returned he pulled open the door next to Justin and handed him the keys to the room. "It's the same one as usual. I'll be across the hall." Mike said and walked around the car to open the back door. "What bags do you need upstairs? Everything else is gonna go to the busses so take anything you'll need."

Justin nodded as he got out of the car and walked to Mike. "I need that one." He pointed "Hey Em, what bag do you need?"

Emma had already gotten out of the car and she was unbuckling Riley's carseat when Justin asked her the question. She got Riley out of the car and then walked over to stand in between the two men. "This one." She said and reached for the handle of the suitcase. Mike reached over her shoulder though and got to it before she could.

"I can do it." She said.

"Don't even worry about it. We'll have them brought up." Mike said and ushered her in the direction that Justin had already started walking in.

"You comin?" he asked.

"Uh... yea." She gave one last look at her luggage and then followed Justin into the hotel and to the elevator that would take them upstairs to their room.

"Do I have my own room?"

"Kind of."

"Huh?"

"It's all suites, so you have your own bedroom but it's like a little apartment. Sort of." Justin answered.

"Oh."

They exited the elevator and Justin led the way. He unlocked the door and then took Riley from Emma as he walked inside and looked around quickly before relaxing in front of the television with Riley on his lap.

It took Emma considerably longer to take in her surroundings. She was amazed by the sheer size of the hotel room... or rooms rather. There were two bedrooms that were off of a hall out of the main living room area. There was also a raised area that served as a dining room, with a table and four chairs. On the table there was a complimentary fruit basket, complete with a "thank for staying with us" note. The living room had a giant couch and two overstuffed chairs as well as a coffee table and an entertainment center. To top it all off there were sliding glass doors that led to a balcony.

"Aren't we only here for one night?" She asked as she walked into the room and sat in one of the chairs.

"Yea." Justin answered absentmindedly, he was focuses on the Shakira music video playing on the television. Emma rolled her eyes and got up to answer the door when a knock sounded. Mike was there with a luggage cart that had her and Justin's bags on it. He wheeled it into the room.

"Jay, be ready to go by 6 aight?" It was more of a statement then an actual question.

"Yea." Justin replied and waved a hand in Mike's direction but still concentrated on the woman dancing on the tv screen. Mike shook his head and smiled at Emma as he walked out of the room. After a while one of Justin's videos came on screen and he muted the tv and looked at Emma. "Have you ever been to one of my shows?"

"No." Emma answered and walked closer to him.

"Do you wanna come tonight?" he asked.

"I guess, but how can I?" She looked down and twirled a curl of Riley's hair between her fingers.

"I can have Mike watch her just for tonight so you can come." Justin shrugged.

"Well alright." Emma smiled and then looked at the clock. It was just after 4. She yawned. "I'm going to go take a nap, can you wake me up at 5:30?"

"Sure." Justin answered and un-muted the tv when his video was over.

"Thanks." Emma replied and then headed into one of the bedrooms and shut the door.


(February 18, 2007, 9:15 PM, HSBC Arena, Buffalo NY)

Justin could hear the screams of the hundreds of fans calling his name as they not so patiently waited for him to take the stage. He paced back and forth while the speakers began to blare the his intro. His dancers brushed passed him and ran up the stairs to the darkened stage, giving him a high-five or the occasional slap to the ass as they passed by.

He was pretty much locked in his own zone though. Concentrating on the fact that Emma was out in the audience, front row center, at the cat-walk on one end of the stage. He was used to the pre-show jitters that still frequented his brain, but this was different. Everyone else in the arena had paid to be there, they were fans and would love him if he was standing in a chicken suit staring at a wall.

But Emma barely even knew he existed, as a performer anyway.

He didn't have time to really concentrate on that now though, the stage manager stepped closer to him and ushered him to the platform that would raise him into the center of the stage and a minute later he was back in superstar Justin mode, working his sold-out crowd of thousands and impressing the hell out of all of them in the process.

Justin took his usual break when Timbaland took the stage, and he sent one of the bodyguards out to bring Emma backstage. She was brought to his dressing room where she cautiously pushed open the door and smiled when she saw him standing in front of a full length mirror trying to button the vest of his suit.

"So, what do you think so far?" Justin asked, looking at her through the mirror with a wink.

"It's great. I really liked that one song you did, on the piano, the slow one."

"What Goes Around?" he asked.

"Yea." She nodded.

"Cool." Justin replied "Anyway, I gotta finish gettin ready and get back out there so Rob will take ya back to your seat and to the hotel after, I prolly won't see ya til the mornin." Justin explained.

"Why?" Emma asked.

"Ummm." Justin's eyebrows furrowed and he avoided her gaze. "It takes a little while to wind down after the show and get everything together and there's a few things I gotta get done so you'll prolly be asleep by the time I get back." It wasn't exactly a lie, but what she didn't know couldn't hurt her. In reality Justin was meeting up with one of the dancers to 'wind down' with, and he knew for a fact that she was a wild one who would keep him busy for quite a while.

Emma looked at him skeptically, and raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. She just nodded and turned around. "I'll see you in the morning then." Emma said and followed the man she now knew as Rob, back to her seat.

The lights dimmed again and Timbaland ended his set, and Justin took the stage as the crowd erupted in cheers when "LoveStoned" started to play. He moved around the stage as he sang and winded up dancing down the catwalk towards Emma. His dancers moved around him and then all but one headed toward the opposite end of the stage. Justin worked the crowd on the floor until he was standing right in front of Emma.

She rolled her eyes when he winked at her and smiled. It did make her feel slightly special but overall he was more focused on the dancer who was grinding against him as the lyrics talked about her going home with him tonight. He playfully smacked the girls ass as she walked away and she whipped around and blew him a kiss with a wink of her own.

Emma rolled her eyes again as the crowd around her screamed in reaction to the sexy coreography. None of them knew that he probably was 'going home' with that girl tonight, or at least going somewhere. Emma had only known Justin for a week but it already seemed as though he was a completely different person then he had been when she first met him at his house.


(February 19, 2007, 2:30 AM)

Mike sighed heavily and folded his arms across his chest as he relaxed into the couch on Justin's tour bus. All the other busses had left for Ohio after the show had ended, but Justin had insisted on keeping one bus behind for his "date." Of course it was his tour, so without question his bus had stayed behind and now Mike knew why. He increased the volume on the television when the music in the back got louder and he tried to focus on the movie playing, but all he really wanted to do was sleep.

An hour later he was almost literally carrying a drunk Justin through the hotel lobby and up to his room. The girl had been left on the tour bus, which was now on it's way to Columbus. Mike unlocked the hotel room door and, with Justin stumbling along beside him, he went into the empty bedroom and watched as Justin shrugged out of his shirt and jeans and crawl into the welcoming bed.

"See ya in the mornin' Jay. 10 Am." Mike sighed again and shook his head disapprovingly as Justin mumbled somthing un-intelligble in response, and rolled over to face the window.

"Right." Mike muttered to himself. Normally Justin was a pretty controlled guy. He was young and he knew how to have fun, yes, but when he was home he kept himself in check. but "tour Justin" was completely different. But of course Mike had been hired to gaurd Justin's body, not tell him what to do, or not do with it so he kept his mouth shut and only offered advice when he was asked. Which wasn't very often.

He shut the door to Justin's bedroom and then tried to be quiet but when he started down the hall, a door opened and a sleepy Emma looked at him strangely.

"Is he just getting in?" She asked, pointing at the other bedroom door.

Mike nodded "He was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, but yea."

"The meetings took that long?" she asked, her eyes widened.

"Meeting? Oh yea, it took a while."

Emma wasn't stupid. She had already suspected that Justin was with some girl and just too ashamed to come clean to her, this just confirmed it. She shook her head. "He got drunk and hooked up with a dancer didn't he?" she asked.

Mike didn't say anything but he really didn't have to.

"Yea. Okay." Emma rolled her eyes. "This is going to be a long 3 months." She said. "Poor Riley." She peeked back into her room where a portable crib was set up in the corner. "Anyway, goodnight Mike. I'll see you later." She waved a hand at Mike and disappeared into the bathroom before he could respond.

"Goodnight." he said, and let himself out of the suite to go to his own room and get some sleep.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story