(July 11, 2008, two weeks before wedding)

"So what exactly is left on our checklist?" Justin took a seat across the table from Emma, who was filling out thank you cards for gifts that had been sent to them.

"Our what?"

"Checklist... the stuff that still needs to be done before we take the plunge and then head off into the sunset on my noble steed." He used a funny voice and Emma laughed.

"Talk about needing a reality check." She mumbled. "Well, for starters you can help me with all these thank you cards. Most of this stuff is from people you know anyway."

"Hey now..." Justin looked over the list of celebrities that had been invited to the wedding but RSVPed as no and sent gifts anyway. THere was also another list of fans that had sent cards and small gifts for Riley. Even though she knew she didn't have to Emma was insisting on sending them back something. "I only know half of these people personally." He chuckled and looked at one of the cards from a fan that had a PS with her phone number in case things with Emma "didn't work out."

"Still how about putting your signature on some of these. Give them a thrill."

Justin sighed and saw a stack of photos that she was pointing at and he picked up a nearby sharpie marker and started signing his name.

"You're the one who wanted to be famous." She looked at him.

He looked back at her with a semi-evil glare and then his face softened and he winked. "You know you love watching me work it down on stage." He grinned.

"And everywhere else too." She shocked him with her downright bold and suggestive answer and he shook his head.

"Watch it Girl, I might just have to take advantage of you... and thats dangerous with Riley running around." He chuckled and had to stop what he was doing and think cold shower thoughts.

Emma just laughed and kept filling out the thank you cards. "To answer your question though..."

"What question?" He asked.

"What we still need to do. We have to do the paperwork for the marriage lisence and get the final head count to the resort, to let them know how many rooms we need. It's rediculous really they might as well just give us the whole Beach Tower."

"Okay. What else?"

"Song list to the DJ, make sure all the flights are booked and maybe start packing? We're gonna be gone for almost 3 weeks."

"I know." Justin smiled and reached across the table for her hand. "And what an amazing 3 weeks they will be." he kissed her hand and she rolled her eyes.

"I love you." He said suddenly.

"I love you too."


(July 24, 2008)

"Oh my God Justin this place is beautiful!" Emma watched out the plane window as the jet descended, preparing to land.

"I knew you'd like it."

"Oh I do. Can you beleive we're getting married tomorrow?" she squeezed his hand and he chuckled nervously.

"I know. It's finally here."

Justin looked around the first class section of the plane that was filled with many of his friends and family, at least those that lived in L.A. Some of them were just waking up but seeing everyone together made the fact that he was getting married the next day that much more real.

The large group made its way off the plane, quickly through baggage claim and were shuttled by an envoy of limosines to the resort where everyone was checked in and parted ways to enjoy the afternoon by the pool or on the beach.

Emma and Justin however spent their 'free time' until the rehersal and rehersal dinner meeting with resort staff and the minister about all the stuff that would be going on that evening and the next day. Everything had to run smoothly.

At 6 the wedding party and the parents all met up to run through the ceremony which was taking place on a boardwalk overlooking the beach and then the group along with some of the guests that had already arrived enjoyed their rehersal dinner in the same place where the reception was taking place in a spacious gazeebo right on the beach.

Tiki torches lit up the walkways and dance floor and the evening went smoothly. Afterwords Justin and Emma relaxed on the beach not wanting to separate to go to their seperate hotel rooms. Justin was staying with Trace for the night, and Emma with her sister; not wanting to break the tradition of keeping the bride and groom seperate for good luck until the ceremony.

Even though Justin couldn't wait to see her walking towards him in her white dress, he didn't really want to even try sleeping without her next to him. Finally though they agreed that they needed to get some sleep and with one last hug and kiss they said goodnight knowing they wouldn't see eachother again until they were standing in front of their family and friends exchanging their wedding vows.

Which both of them still had to write.

Justin was a little more relaxed with the idea, he pretty much knew what he was going to say and didn't waste too much of Trace's time that night freaking out about it. He was used to speaking under pressure.

Emma however, proceeded to drive Jen crazy.

"Em... just say what's in your heart. Tell him how you've never loved anyone as much as him and how you never will. It doesn't have to be this long drawn out extravagant speech. You're going to cry anyway. As long as you mean what you say it will be perfect."

Jen tried her best to get Emma to calm down, mostly because she wanted to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a long and exciting day for everyone and the last thing she wanted to do was be yawning and cranky throughout the whole day.

Two hours later, around 1 am Emma was content with the words she had scrawled out on the hotel's notepad and she crawled into bed and tried to fall asleep. A feat that proved to be difficult with all the excitment and nervousness running through her.


The next morning Justin spent double checking that every bill had been paid in full and after an unfortunately too quick call to Emma he went to have his hair buzzed and then spend a couple hours with his boys relaxing by the pool. Emma didn't have this luxury.

Her mother and sisters dragged her out of bed at 9am and took her to the spa for a much too short massage and then it was off to get her hair and nails done.

The primping took the better part of 4 hours and by the time she was back in her hotel room getting ready it was already nearing 2:00. The ceremony was at 5 and she was started to get very nervous.

Her mother forced her to eat something small telling her it would calm her nerves a bit and then left Emma with Jen and the other bridesmaids so that they could get ready.

They ran through the list making sure nothing was forgotten, they had her dress, and slip and garter; they even made sure she had her wedding day underwear. (a special gift from Jen that she had gotten at her bachelorette party)

"You guys!" Emma was shocked when she pulled a silky white thong out of the bottom of the bag that had been filled with a bunch of gag gifts ranging from KY products to love coupons but the underwear was by far the most elaborate. It was white like her dress and had a giant frilly bow at the back and 'I *heart* U' written on the front.

"I am so not gonna wear this!" Emma said.

"Oh you sure as hell are." Jen contradicted. "It's your wedding day and it will match your dress perfectly. Give Justin a thrill!" Jen giggled.

Emma blushed and shoved the thong back in the bag along with the rest of the stuff.

"This stuff will never get used." Emma said.

"Oh thats what you say now. Lighten up woman, have some fun. Show Jay, he'll get a kick out of it... well don't show him the underwear, he can't see that til the big day."

Emma rolled her eyes at the giggling girls.

Looking back on that day made her smile, and against her many protests she chuckled to herself as she slipped into her slip and then left the bathroom so that the other girls could help her get into her dress, trying the whole time to not let on that she was in fact actually wearing the stupid thong.

Once she was in the dress she stepped in front of the mirror and looked at herself. She was so glad she picked that dress. It was simple and not too poofy, which was probably the best thing about it because of the location. Hopefully she wouldn't be too hot, but the ceremony was taking place towards the evening meaning that by the time the reception was underway the night breeze would come up off the ocean and make it seem less steamy outside.

Her sister put the finishing touches on everyone's makeup and the other girls hurried to get ready, putting on their salmon colored knee length bridesmaid dresses.

Meanwhile it was crunch time for Justin as well. He breathed deeply and smoothed out the front of his white tux and then looked around at Trace and the other guys who were tucking in their dress shirts and putting on their white coats. It was a necessary evil but they would be shrugging them off and rolling up their sleeves soon enough.

He waited for them to all be ready and then Trace led the way out of the room and down the hall to the elevator where they rode down to the groud floor and ignored the looks from some other guests as they headed out to where the guests were already being seated and the minister was waiting for him.

And then...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj