I think Drive is my favorite of the whole series. While Just What I Needed had a messege of sorts... Drive was all about being a cheesy love story. Yes, it has it's moments, its twists, but it's about a wedding, it's all about the day most girls dream about their entire lives.

I got to have a lot of fun with this because, well, I got to put in some of my dream moments. (I'm such a girl haha!) I'll clarify that it is not my dream wedding, but I have always wanted to go to The Atlantis, and I absolutely want "You Save Me" to be my first dance... I just got to make this story all about the love.

I like the development of the dynamic between Emma and her parents, her mother in particular. While Lynn is so laid back and involved in her son's life, Emma's parents are almost cmplete opposites. Its not that they have no interest in their daughter's life, they are more stepford-like, country club republicans. (I have nothing against country clubs, or republicans) They are just more conservative, and Emma isn't.

One of the things I liked most about this was initally, you have no idea why Justin is spending so much time with JC, you start getting little bits and pieces until you finally get the whole picture in the last chapter.

I liked writing about Justin meeting Emma's parents. Emma had it easy with Lynn, but as i said before, Emma's parents are a little more... intimidating. And the moment when Justin plays golf with Jim and Jim gives him the talk, is just a classic cliche that fits with the whole picture i was trying to paint of Jim and Molly.

Ever since I saw that holiday special that Nsync did, with Tim Mcgraw at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas I've wanted to go there. It was also in a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie haha, but it's so beautiful and I swear I will get to go there some day. But it seemed like the perfect opportunity to talk about it, in the story.

One thing I do regret, is that I tend to leave Justin's dad out of my stories, although on occasion he's mentioned, and I do put Jon and Steven in. I don't have any reasons for that, I just know that Justin is such a momma's boy. So it makes sense to have Lynn there, and his dad and stepmom and the boys are rooted in Tennessee so it's hard to manipulate that.

I write a lot about the papparazzi. I really dislike them, and the whole principle of them stalking these people. I know though, its kind of hypocritical because I do like to look at the pictures, but they're going to shoot them anyway, and get involved anyway, so I just look at the pictures and pretty much ignore everything thats said, unless it's direct quotes and even then I'm skeptical. At any rate, I find it impossible to write about Justin and not have that part of his life in the story in some way. It would be way too unrealistic.

I think the incident with the cake, what just pure comedy.

Now, I can't take credit for the Christmas card idea for the ultrasounds. Almost 4 years ago, my grandfather was really sick, we'd found out that he only had a few months left with us and everyone knew that one thing that he always wished for was for my uncle to take his name and carry it down because he was the only male. But, for years my uncle and his wife swore they would never have children. At any rate, that Christmas was kind of bittersweet, although I chose not to acknowledge the whole situation, I think my aunts, uncles, mom, grandma and even my grandpa himsef knew it would be the last one with us and my Uncle and Aunt actually did include ultrasounds with the announcement that she was pregnant in the card. I think they kind of knew that it would be something he would appreciate so much.

Moving on...

At Justin's birthday, you get another big hint about why he's spending so much time with JC, of course you don't know until the end of the story, but he jokes with her, saying he'll write her a song, and she thinks he's joking.

Valentine's day is when another aspect of my real life, came into play. I havn't had a good valentines day since, my like sophmore year of high school, so the day isn't one of my favorites, something always seems to go wrong. Anyway, I didn't enjoy writing about Emma losing the baby, but I felt there needed to be some conflict, life isn't always cheery and things like that happen. And, I know people who have miscarried, so it was something that I could write about truthfully. And, again, the ability that the press has to work their way into every tiny aspect of a celebrity's life never ceases to amaze me.

It's a sad incident, but they make it through. And instead of Justin depending on Emma to help him out, he becomes her rock. Good relationships are all about give and take right?

Then you're finally told what Justin is up to, and I think it was a good way to lighten the mood after such a tragic event. That chapter also brings the comedy back in, with Justin talking to the guys in the car.

Then, we have the actually wedding. I loved writing that chapter, and bringing everything all together. The song that Justin 'wrote' is so beautiful. It's a Big & Rich song and it was just perfect. I think I actually welled-up while I was writing the chapter so yea... not to mention the idea of Justin singing a country song... whew! I don't know why but that's so damn hot to me! When that Reba song came out... I just about died out of pure euphoria.

Anyway, in the end, you find out Emma is pregnant again. It was just a nice way to fix whatever damage had been done, by having her lose the first baby.

As far as thank you's go. I thank Big & Rich for releasing that song. That was my starting point (well technically ending point) for this story.

Other then that, I just thank whoever reads this story. It's just pure romance, and sometimes it's nice to get lost in a complete fairy tale.

...waste it well...
-Ally

Completed
Ally is the author of 22 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Drive also liked 392 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Chasing Cars. The previous story in the series is Just What I Needed. The next story in the series is Since I Held You.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj