The next morning dawned, sunlight finding its way through the windows, across the floor and finally reaching the bed. Crawling up the blankets and spralling out over the peacefully asleep pair snuggled deep in the sheets.

Emma woke first, the light reaching her face and pulling her out of her slumber and it was her movements, not any sound or the light that woke Justin. He slipped his hands around her waist and kissed the back of her neck.

"Good morning." He mumbled.

"Good morning." Emma replied. She rolled over ont her back and stared up at the ceiling rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Justin propped himself up on one elbow and smiled at her. He reached over and brushed a lock of hair out of her face and his palm rested against her cheek holding her steady as he leaned down and captured her lips with his.

"Now it's a good morning." He said and she smiled.

"So what are we going to do about a date? We need to pick one before my mom and your mom tag team us." Emma said.

Justin pondered the thought for a moment. "What about July 25th." He said suddenly.

"Well that's kind of random isn't it? What day of the week is it?"

"I have no idea. But, it's really not that random." Justin flopped onto his back and stared at the ceiling too. His hand moved under the blankets until it found hers.

"What do you mean?"

"Well..."

"Justin?"

"Thats the day I bought the ring. It's the day I... realized I wanted to marry you." he said quickly and waited for a reaction. He didn't know what she would think of that.

His eyes were closed as he waited for her to speak and Emma took full advantage of that. She moved, and climbed on top of him, straddeling his waist and his eyes popped open.

"That might just be..."

"Yea?" He asked.

"That might just be the cutest thing I've ever heard." She giggled and he blushed. "Now you're even cuter."

He sat up on his elbows and stared into her eyes. "Oh yea?" he baited.

"Yup!" Emma smiled, she was just about to kiss him when they heard a knock at the door.

"Justin?" Lynn called out.

"Just a minute Mom!" He shouted back and then nudged Emma's leg to get her off of him. He stood up and picked his shirt up off the chair and pulled it over his head. Then he turned around and leaned back over the bed and kissed Emma before he trudged over to the door and opened it.

"Oh Baby, you didn't have to get up, I just wanted to tell you that I was going to take Riley and walk down to the park down the street. She's been up for a while now and asked if we could go."

"Oh. Okay Mom, that sounds great. But I was awake anyway." He replied.

He turned back around and looked at Emma. "I'm gonna make some breakfast, you hungry?" She nodded.

"Okay I'll meet you downstairs." He followed his mother back down the hall and into the kitchen letting the bedroom door shut behind him.

"I think we've picked a date." Justin told his mother.

"Oh good. When?"

"July 25th. I have to check the calender but I'm pretty sure thats it." Justin pulled orange juice out of the fridge and poured a glass for himself and for Emma.

"Any reason in particular?" Lynn asked.

"Um... yes but... it's not..."

"Okay. As long as you know why it's important." Lynn patted Justin on the cheek and smiled. "Riley! Come on!"

"Yay!" Riley came jumping into the room and smiled when she saw Justin. "Daddy!" She ran to him and he scooped her into his arms.

"Hey Girl. Good Morning!"

"G'mornin Daddy. We goin to the park!"

"I know. Gimmie a kiss." He puffed out his cheek and Emma smiled as she entered the room. Riley kissed Justin's cheek and he set her back down and after Lynn said a good morning to Emma they were out the door.

"The 25th is a Friday." Justin said after checking the calender on the refridgerator.

"Okay. So... thats the date then?" She smiled brightly, excited over their decision.

"Yup." Justin grinned and handed her a cup of orange juice, he held his up and they toasted to their completed decision.

"So now the only problem is where?"

"Hmm. That is true." Justin worked his way around the kitchen cracking a couple of eggs into a coffee mug and wisking them.

"Lets go somewhere exotic. Can we?" Emma asked.

"Anywhere you want. Money isn't an issue." Justin snapped his fingers. "What about the Bahamas? We could fly our families out for a week and we could stay for a couple weeks ourselves. Mom will watch Riley so we can have a real honeymoon. What do you think about that?"

"Honeymoon? Hell yea!" Emma laughed. "But don't just volunteer your mom like that, ask her first." she pinched him on the side, like she was so fond of doing, and took the mug and wisk out of his hands.

"Sit down and let me do it." Emma said.

"Alrighty then." Justin chuckeled and took the seat that Emma had vacated. "Have you heard of the Atlantis?"

"The long lost city?" Emma laughed and gave him a strange look.

"No! Dork." He replied. "Its a resort on Paradise Island. We did a show there once, with Tim McGraw they have this amazing tunnel underwater. The whole place is gorgeous. You'd love it."

"You wanna do it there?"

Justin smiled evilly and winked at her. "Well..." he began.

Emma whipped around and reached over to poke him. "Don't be vulgar." she giggled.

"Ahem. Yes, I think we should get married there."

"What about media, and... tourists?"

"I'm sure we can work it out." Justin answered.

"Kay." Emma was just about done cooking the eggs and she pulled a couple of plates out of the cupboard and filled them with fluffy yellow scrambled eggs. She grabbed the ketchup and squirted some on her plate and then sat down next to Justin. He looked at her plate and rolled his eyes.

"I don't know how you can eat those like that." he said. "blech"

"Good thing they aren't your eggs then hmm?" she took a big bite and silently challenged him to make another comment.

"What time do we need to be at your parents?"

"Five."

"Okay. I think I am going to run over to Jive studios and visit Johnny, you wanna come?"

"Um... sure?"

"Great." They finished their breakfast and then headed upstairs to shower and get dressed and they were just returning downstairs when Lynn and Riley were getting back.

"Hey Mom, we are gonna go over and see Johnny, can Riley stay with you?"

"Of course, but don't you think Johnny might want to see her?"

"Good point. Okay we'll take her with us. Do you want to come too? I kinda feel bad leaving you here alone."

"Don't even worry Baby, I think I might go out for a bit, do some shopping."

"Kay. Love you Mom." Justin kissed his mothers cheek as they passed by her and the soon to be family of three headed out the door.


Johnny had been estatic to see Justin and his girls. They visited for a couple of hours before Justin told Johnny that they had a few things to do and dinner to get to and said goodbye.

Later on that afternoon they were headed back to Emma's parents house for dinner. They pulled in the drive and Emma was excited to see her sisters car parked in front of the garage.

"Jen is here, you'll get to meet her."

"Well... well... well... My baby sister's gone and got herself engaged to a superstar!" the girl to be known as Jen came out the front door and bearhuged Emma. "Congrats Woman. Lets see the rock!"

Jen grabbed Emma's hand and looked at the ring. "Fantastic. And this is him?" She gestured to Justin who had appeared from the other side of the car with Riley on his hip. Lynn was already heading inside, letting the younger adults interact.

"Jen this is Justin. Justin, Jen."

"He's a hottie." Jen was never one to be shy, and Justin's cheeks pinkened and he smiled nervoisly.

"Jen!" Emma laughed and she reached for Justin's hand. "He's all mine." She leaned against him and he looked down at her smiling, tightening his hold on her fingers.

"Oh relax." Jen laughed. "It's wonderful to meet you Justin. This must be Riley."

"Yes. This is my daughter Riley. Riley this is Emma's sister, your Aunt Jen." He looked at Emma quickly as if making sure that title would be alright and she nodded.

"Good lord all of a sudden I'm an aunt." Jen plucked Riley out of Justin's arms and squeezed her. "Fantastic." She was thrilled.

Withen the hour everyone was seated around the table enjoying a dinner that Molly and Lynn had prepared. Justin took a moment to look around the table at what would soon be his family and smiled. He couldn't have been more happy and he knew it was all because of Emma, and Riley of course. He reached for Emma's hand and kissed the back of it quickly. She gave him a strange look and he just shrugged and shook his head letting her know there was no reason behind his sudden affection. She smiled and squeezed his hand tightly and then went back to eating her dinner.

"So how long will you be staying in Florida?" Jen asked Emma and Justin.

They looked at eachother and then Justin answered. "We're gonna be here for another week and a half and then we're going to visit my father in Tennessee and then back home to L.A." he answered.

"Where in Tennessee?" Jim asked.

"Memphis. I have a house there too." He said quickly.

"Oh. Wow. Very impressive." Jen winked at her sister.

"Yea." Justin chuckled nervously. It wasn't that Emma's parents were strapped for money or poor, in fact Jim was a very successful defense attorney and they had a large expanse of property there in Florida but Justin was still a little apprehensive about discussing his celebrity. He didn't want Emma's family to reguard him as self-involved or conceited. He was finished being the cocky bastard he used to be and that was in part because of Emma.

"So Jen, how is Micheal?" Molly asked her oldest daughter.

"Gone. We broke up. He... well nevermind. I met a new man the other night, his name is Greg and he works for Disney. In the studios with PR stuff not in the parks."

"Oh. Thats a shame I liked Micheal. Oh well." Molly stood up and began clearing away the dishes. Justin stood up and offered to help and Molly shushed him and pointed to his seat.

"You're so sweet but don't even worry. You should probably take this little one home she's falling asleep in her chair." Molly motioned towards Riley who in fact looked like she was slumping over in her seat. They had gotten to a late dinner and Riley was completely worn out by now.

"I guess so." Justin laughed and lifted Riley out of her seat. "I'm going to go put her in the car, if you're ready to go." He looked at Emma and she nodded.

"It was great to see you again Molly... Jim, and good to meet you Jen we'll see you soon." Justin excused himself and headed out to the car while his mother and Emma said their goodbyes.

"I want to have Riley in the wedding." Justin said as he drove them all home.

"Okay." Emma instantly agreed. "Of course, she can be our little flower girl."

"Thanks." Justin said.

"Then you'll need a little boy to be a ring bearer." Lynn inturrupted.

"Oh shoot. Does he have to be the exact same age?"

"No." Emma answered Justin's question.

"Steven won't be to old will he?" Justin asked, referring to his youngest half-brother who would soon be 10.

"Not really no. He could help make sure Riley doesn't wander off track." Lynn assured Justin.

"Is that okay with you?" He looked at Emma.

"Sure." She replied.

"Cool." Justin smiled and then turned around to glance at Riley asleep in her carseat before he continued to concentrate on his driving.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj