(1 month later, October 31, 2007)

Emma looked up when she heard the front door open and Justin came strolling inside. He noticed her sitting on the couch and he leaned over the back of the couch and she tilted her head back and he kissed her.

"So... where were you Mister?" Emma cuddled up to him when he walked around the couch and sat down next to her, his hand finding its way to her thigh and he patted her leg.

"I went to find a halloween costume for Riley and then went over to JC's to help him out with some songs."

"You've been spending a lot of time with JC lately. Is something wrong?"

"Huh? No. We're just so used to working together ya know? It's easier that way."

"So, you're talking Riley trick-or-treating?"

"I'm not. My mom wants to. And Joey and Kelly are out here so I think shes taking Brianna too."

"Oh. So... we'll have the house to ourselves tonight?" Emma asked.

"Yeeesss." Justin answered slowly. "But..."

"I don't like buts." Emma raised her eyebrows and looked at him.

"Yea, I know... it's just that I kinda wanted to go with my mom and Riley. It's such a normal thing, taking your kids trick-or-treating but I've never gotten to do it and I just kinda..." Emma stopped him mid-sentence.

"It's fine. You go, with your mom, take your daughter out for halloween. I know this kind of stuff is important to you so go."

"Thanks." Justin leaned his forehead against hers and nudged her nose with his own until their lips met. "Love you."

"Love you too." Emma replied and Justin patted her leg again before he stood up and headed upstairs to shower and get ready.

Even Emma had to admit that Riley looked unbelievably cute all dressed up as a princess. What took the cake though was Justin, Riley had insisted that her Daddy dress up too and he didn't have the heart to say no so he had managed to find an adult prince charming costume and Emma hadn't been able to resist teasing him.

"I have to get a picture of this. It's just too good." She rushed off the find the camera and get a couple pictures before Justin, Lynn and Riley headed out. Emma hadn't been able to figure out how Lynn had avoided getting into a costume too but she wasn't going to ask.

"I should make you get in a costum and come out with us." Justin mumbled.

"It's a little too late for that." Emma replied, snapping a couple pictures. Lynn began to usher Riley out the front door and Emma took a second to say goodbye to Justin.

"You're totally cute by the way. Keep the costume on when you get home and maybe I'll return the favor." She winked at him and his jaw dropped a little.

"Prince Charming? Really?"

"Totally." Emma laughed. She hugged and kissed him goodbye and couldn't help smacking his butt has he walked out the door.


"So, lets talk wedding." Justin and Emma were seated next to Lynn, in the office of their newly hired wedding planner, Natalia.

"A wedding planner? Like as in the J.Lo movie?" Emma asked when Justin suggested the idea.

"Yes. Joey and Kelly used her when they got married and he said she i very good at what she does. I scheduled a meeting for tomorrow afternoon and my mom's gonna come."

"Well okay I guess. But who's gonna..."

"Lance." Justin anticipated her question before she even asked it. "Lance is going to watch Riley for a while."

"So, first things first do we have a location picked for your wedding Mr. Timberlake?" clearly this woman was a fan, she barely looked at Emma at all. Justin smiled graciously and reached for Emma's hand, his thumb rubing back and forth against the back of his hand.

"We were thinking about the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas?"

"Oh... Paradise Island, very nice, excellent choise for a destination wedding. I'm assuming you are going to be renting the honeymoon suite?"

"Yes. Two weeks. And I would like to reserve as many rooms as possible, I don't want to have to deal with fans and press during my wedding or my honeymoon."

"Certainly. The honeymoon suite won't be a problem however, I'm not sure about the room situation. There are so many rooms and towers but I am sure we can make special arrangements to make sure your privacy remains a high priority."

"That's all I ask. I have to share so much of my life with the world as it is I would like to keep some moments special."

"Ok. So theme? What colors are we thinking? And You must get to work on a guest list."

"We'll have a guest list for you soon. What do you think about colors?" Justin looked at Emma.

"What about orange and yellow and red and white, it's beachy and tropical. Calla lily's and roses for flowers."

"Beautiful. We can arrange that. I will talk with the hotel and make those arrangements and I already have your date written down. Your homework is to get me a guest list." Natalia stood up and shook everyone's hand and said her goodbyes.

"Right. Thanks so much and we'll be in touch with that list soon." Justin continued to hold tightly to Emma's hand and thanked Natalia before following Emma and his mother out of the office and to the car.


A week later Emma was busy cooking dinner when a voice on the television caught her attention. She heard one of the hosts of Entertainment Tonight mention her name and she dropped the plate of raw chicken on the floor.

"What was that?" Justin came running down the stairs and appeared at the kitchen door.

"Oh... it's nothing. I just dropped a plate." Justin looked around at the mess of meat and shards of broken ceramic dinner plate all over the floor.

"Be careful Babe, don't cut yourself. What happened?"

"They said my name Justin. They were talking about you and they mentioned my name. I didn't expect it."

Justin turned the volume up on the television and listened to a story about him at the MTV Europe Awards earlier that week. He had brought Emma with him and made the mistake of stopping to talk to some of the press on the red carpet. His engagement wasn't a secret but it was the first time he'd brought Emma into the public since he'd made his private life so public and now he was a little worried that he shouldn't have.

"Don't worry about it Em. They're gonna talk no matter what. I wish I could do something about it but, I... can't." He grabbed a broom and brushed the broken plate out of the way and then pulled Emma into his arms. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." She shook her head. "It's not your fault."

"Well, it kind of is. But, I don't know what to do about it."

"Justin, just shush." Emma locked her arms around his trim waist and rested her forehead against his chest. "It's not that big of a deal, I expected it sooner or later."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Now...get out of here and let me cook." she playfully shoved him backwards.

"Oookay but you shouldn't watch those shows, all they do is lie anyway."

"So you say!" She remarked. "But they can't be wrong all the time."

"It's about 90-10, but close enough."

"Go away Justin!" she laughed.

"I'm going!" She heard him yell back and heard his footsteps dissappear back up the stairs towards Riley's room where he had been before.

Emma smiled and changed the television to one of the music channels and begn jamming out to a 90's hits station while she cooked dinner. Justin couldn't resist sneaking back into the kitchen a few minutes later when he heard the Macarena and he laughed out loud when he caught her shaking her butt with the dance movements of the song.

"You're such a dork." He snuck up behind her and hugged her from behind. She jumped and squealed before she realized it was him and slapped him on the arm.

"Don't do that!" She laughed.

"You were dancing to the macarena!" He laughed along with her. "I so wish I had a camera handy."

"Oh shut up! It was popular at one point."

"Yea, ten years ago!"

Emma ignored his teasing and finished up dinner and Justin went to get Riley.

"I was going to run back over to JC's for a little bit after dinner is that okay?" Justin scooped a big spoonful of mashed potatos onto his plate and looked at Emma.

"I guess so."

"Great. I promise I won't be too late though."

"It's okay, Grey's Anatomy is on tonight I'll be fine." She smiled.

"Ah I see how it is. As long as theres a hot doctor on TV you're good to go."

"Exactly." She helped Riley by cutting up her chicken into tiny pieces and even though it was such a simple gesture, Justin couldn't help the smile that formed on his face. He couldn't wait until Riley had a little brother or sister running around. For now though Riley was all they could handle and with planning a wedding he wasn't going to rush everything. As far as he was concerned they had the rest of their lives.

"Stop it." Emma said suddenly.

"Stop what?" he asked innocently.

"Staring at me like that. You know I don't like it."

He laughed lightly and shook his head, 'some things never change.'

They finished up dinner and after helping her clean up the dishes and then putting Riley to bed he headed over to JC's and Emma settled into bed to watch her TV show.

Justin returned a few hours later, around 10:30 and found Emma asleep, the television still showing the nightly news. He muted it, but left it on for the light until he was finished stripping down to his boxers and climbing into bed next to her. She shifted and woke up when he finally turned it off and she turned over to face him.

He smiled and his white teeth gleamed in the darkness. He held out his arms and she moved closer to him and kissed him before resting her head on his shoulder and haphazardly tossing an arm on his chest. Her fingertip idlely tracing circles on his bare skin.

"We have to pick out and mail invitations soon." She said softly.

"Oh yea?" He asked. "I guess that means we have to figure out how many people and who exactly we're inviting."

"Well... yes." she giggled and he squeezed her tightly and tickled her side with the arm that was wrapped around her.

"Listen you. It's not smart to be so sarcastic when someone has you at their mercy."

"If you say so." she poked his side, but her non-chalant manner quickly changed when he caught her offguard and rolled over, trapping her underneath him. His hands pinned down hers and he hovered above her, a cheeky grin on his face.

"I warned ya." He winked.

"Oh heavens me... just what will I do. I'm trapped with... with a hella hottie and I have no way out." She laughed and smirked and he shook his head, and rolled back onto his back, he hadn't taken into account her complete willingness to be his captive.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I ruin it?" She was still laughing, but was definatly a little dissappointed.

He turned his head away from her, pretending to be offended and trying to hide his smile.

"Oh come'ere you." She tugged on his arm.

"Nope. No love for you now. You ruined it." He replied.

Emma didn't say anything she just smiled and in a split second she pushed back the blankets and leaned on top of him.

"Justin?" she said leaning closer, so they were face to face.

"Hmm?" He looked at her, his eyes wavering back and forth between her eyes and lips, his hands finding their way to her legs, holding her close to him.

"Shut up and kiss me." She answered finally.

"Yes Ma'am." He smiled before following through with her request.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj