(December 2007)

"Justin!" He sat up quickly and then held his head in his hands because of a head rush.

"Justin! Help!" He heard Emma yelling for him and rushed to get out of bed and downstairs to wherever she was yelling from. It was rather early in the afternoon on a Saturday about a week before Christmas.

"What! What!" His shouts were more demands then actual questions as he hurried down the stairs and almost fell. He came face to face with Emma at the bottem, she had a very angry look on her face and he wondered what on earth he could have done to provoke that kind of expression.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He placed his hands on her arms and looked at her questioningly.

She didn't say anything, but simply looked back towards the front door where there were boxes and boxes about half the size of a shoebox stacked on top of eachother almost waist high.

"What did you buy?" He asked, his expression becoming a little annoyed.

"I didn't buy anything! These are cake samples Justin. All of them. Cake!"

"What?" He asked walking over and opening up one of the small boxes and his jaw dropped when he saw that they indeed were small cake samples.

"Justin? Did the doorbell ring at all this morning? Or did the phone ring perhaps?" She asked him.

"I don't know. I was over at JC's for a little bit this morning and when I came back I came in through the garage and went right upstairs to take a shower."

Emma walked over to their answering machine, where the little red light was blinking and hit play. The air filled with a voice of a very celebrated chef saying that he would be dropping off some cake samples for them to sample.

"Justin. You're getting married."

He looked at her as if she were crazy. "I know, I asked you." he laughed lightly but found that she wasn't as amused.

"Inadvertantly, this wedding has become all that the TV can talk about. Chefs and designers and all sorts of businesses want to be involved, did you not hear anything that Natalia was telling us at that meeting yesterday?"

Justin looked at her sheepishly. "I... wasn't really paying attention no." He said slowly. "Joey told me that I should probably just let you handle all the major decisions. His exact words were 'all you gotta do is rent a tux and show up.' he said that any decision I make would most likely be wrong."

Emma's eyes were so wide he thought that they might fall out of her head. "Justin?"

"Yea?"

"Don't ever listen to anything Joey says okay?"

He grinned nervously. "What are we going to do about all these cakes? How could they possibly think we would need to test that many cakes?"

"I don't know. But they are going to start to... melt."

"They're not ice cream cakes are they?"

"No. But Justin, the California sun is either going to melt them, or... burn them so we've gotta get them inside."

"Why don't we bring them downtown to one of the shelters or something. The resort is going to take care of the food and cake and everything. I don't wanna waste them all." Justin said.

"Brilliant idea. I knew there was a reason I was marrying you." Emma smiled and almost leaped into his arms. He hugged her tightly and laughed, his head tossed back and he shook her back and forth.

"That was mean." he said.

"Oh shut up." Emma laughed and couldn't resist kissing the tip of his nose.

"Come on. Let's gt rid of these." He reached for some of the boxes and started carrying them outside to the car.

Emma peeked to make sure he wasn't paying attention and found a completely chocolate one and tucked it in the fridge before helping Justin put the rest of them in the car. Riley had made her way to the living room by then and Emma scooped her up and buckled her into her carseat before jumping in the passenger seat and they headed out.

A few hours later after they had dropped off the cakes and gotten an early dinner from the McDonalds drive thru they came back home and were met with more messeges on the answering machine.

Justin's father had called to say that he wouldn't be coming out for Christmas but hoped to see them soon. Emma's parents had called to confirm their flight out on the coming Tuesday. Lynn had called to ask if she could pick up Riley the next morning and take her to church, saying that it couldn't hurt for them to come to church as well. Justin had to laugh at that. He wasn't against church but he considered himself to be more spiritual then religious but his mother had been trying to get him to start going to church again ever since she had started taking Riley.

There was a messege from Natalia asking them if they had their guest list finished yet and also telling them they should register for gifts even though they probably already had everything they needed.

Last but not least Emma's sister had called to ask if she'd picked out bridesmaid dresses yet. Emma immediately called her back to let her know that she hadn't picked a dress yet but that she had decided on a color scheme and for the next hour and a half they talked about the progress of the wedding in general.

When she got off the phone she headed upstairs and smiled when she saw Justin asleep in their bed with Riley cuddled up next to him. It had to be one of the cutest things she had ever seen and she didn't really want to disturb it but it was well past Riley's bed time and Emma was getting tired herself.

She gently reached across the bed and lifted Riley into her arms. She crossed the hall and tucked the little girl in bed and then returned to her bed and crawled in next to Justin, falling asleep just as soon as he pulled her into his arms and whispered goodnight.


(Christmas Eve 2007, Justin and Emma's home.)

"Okay, now everybody settle down. Mom, Dad, Lynn, we want to giv eyou your presents now."

"Oh Hunny, but Christmas isn't until tomorrow."

"We know, but we're very excited. So take these." Justin replied and handed a card to his mother and another to Emma's parents. "Go ahead and open them."

Justin sat down on the arm of the chair that Emma was now sitting in and he reached for her hand and watched his mother and her mother opening the cards.

Emma's mother pulled out the card and read the front silently with her husband reading over her shoulder and then they looked up when they heard a small gasp from Lynn who had laready opened up her card.

Molly opened up the card and was suprised when a small photo fell out and landed upside down on the ground. Jim reached down and picked it up. He flipped it over and Justin and Emma smiled when Molly and Jim let out small gasps as well.

In the cards were small wallet sized sonograms. "Mom, I'm pregnant. Due September 2nd." Emma said, when her mothers tearful eyes looked up at her.

"Oh my God." Molly stood up and crossed the distence between them quickly, pulling her daughter into her arms. Jim followed his wife and the three of them shared a hug while Justin smiled and laughed when his mother looked at him with tears in her eyes and rushed over to hug him as well.

"Justin." Jim said suddenly.

"Yes sir?" Justin looked nervously at Emma's father. True they knew he already had a daughter but it wasn't with their daughter. He didn't know how Jim would take his daughter being pregnant before they were married.

There was silence for a moment before Jim's face relaxed into a smile and he held out his arms. "Congratulations." He hugged his future son-in-law and patted him strongly on the back.

"Thank you sir." Justin relaxed and smiled hugging the older man back and then letting Molly hug him as well. He smiled when his mother squeezed Emma tightly and kissed her cheek.

"Congratulations Hunny." he heard her say. "You know this means we're going to have to rethink that dress."

"Thanks, and yea I know." Emma replied and once their parents had calmed down she made her way to Justin and hugged his waist while his arms went around her shoulder. They breathed a sigh of relief, happy to have that out of the way.

"This is the best Christmas present I could have ever imagined." Molly exclaimed, nearly giddy with excitment.

Emma laughed and hugged Justin tighter. "I'm glad you're so excited about this."

"Of course Dear. Well now, I suppose we should be going back to the hotel now. We'll see you in the morning Emma. Goodnight." Molly and Jim gathered up their things and said goodbye to Lynn before heading out the door.

"Have you told the boys yet?" Lynn asked, referring to Justin's former bandmates and best friends.

Justin shook his head no. "We wanted to let you all know first. I'll probably talk to them tomorrow."

Lynn nodded. "We're going to have to have your dress altered now." Lynn smiled warmly at Emma. "But this is so wonderful. Congratulations you two, but I am going to be going too. I'll see you in the morning. And Justin?"

He had been busy kissing the side of Emma's head but he looked up at his mother quickly. "Yea mom?"

"Call your father before you call Trace or the boys."

"I know Mom, I know. First thing in the morning. I mailed him a card too, but I'll call so I can be on the phone when he opens it."

"Okay. Love you Baby." Lynn hugged her son and Emma again before she let herself out and headed home.

"Well that was better then I expected it would be." Justin pulled Emma close to him, even closer then she had been before and rested his chin on the top of her head.

"Yea." She sighed and let her cheek rest against his chest. She smiled at the sound of his heartbeat and closed her eyes. They were both silent until Justin began humming a tune she assumed he was making up as he swayed them back and forth to the slow rythem.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj