"Recently Timberlake’s rep released a statement comfirming suspicions that his current fiancée Emma Waldman had indeed been pregnant and the recent emergency trip to the hospital on Valentines day ended in tragedy for the couple when she miscarried. Timberlake makes no further comment except to say that he hopes that his fans will allow him and his fiancée some time and privacy to recover from this loss and that despite ugly rumors saying that this pregnancy was the reason for their quick engagement, they still plan to be married in July."

Justin could hear the news still talking about him and he tried his best to ignore the constant coverage that was playing on the television in the docters office. This was almost as crazy as when Anna Nicole Smith died a couple years ago, he just wished they'd find something else to talk about. He glanced up and was surprised to see a photo of him crying at the hospital with his mother hugging him. He was was shocked that someone had managed to get that picture and he was transported back a few days.

He tried to hold back his emotions while the doctor finished explaining everything to Emma and himself. He gripped her hand tightly and brought it to his lips briefly. The doctor left the room shutting the door behind him and leaving the two alone. Emma was crying already and seeing her tears made it even harder for him not to. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and couldn’t resist when she pulled on his arm and forced him to sit down on the tiny bed next to her.

After a few minutes he relaxed and laid down beside her, while she cried into his chest.

“Hush Baby.” He said softly, kissing the top of her head over and over and rubbing her back. “It’s gonna be okay. We’ll get through this.” He felt her head nod against him.

“I’m so sorry.” She muttered a few times.

“It’s not your fault, don’t you dare think this is your fault. This kind of stuff happens Babe."

"But if... if I'd just let you... call the doctor when... I wasn't feeling well maybe..." Her words broke between her cries.

"No. There was no reason to think anything major was wrong Baby. Everything will work out okay? We'll wait a few months and just try it again alright. This is going to happen for us, it just might take a little while. But, it will happen. You get some sleep okay?” He kissed her again and then slowly climbed off the bed.

“I’m going to go talk to my mom, and then call your parents too, but you get some rest.” He really just couldn’t hold back his own tears anymore and he didn’t want her to see him cry.

He left the room and met up with Lynn in the waiting room. She stood up the instant she saw him and he broke down. She didn’t have to ask. She hugged him as he cried.

Angrily Justin got up and turned off the television getting a couple of strange looks from a couple of other people in the waiting room but after a few seconds they seemed to recognize who he was and thier looks changed from disgust to sympathy.

That, by far, was one thing he couldn't take. He went up to the counter and the receptionist pulled open the sliding glass window.

"Can I help you Mr. Timberlake?" She asked politely.

"Could you tell me what room my fiancée is in?"

"One moment please." The sliding window was closed again and he saw her get up from her chair and dissappear down the hallway, she returned a few moments later.

"I'm sorry sir, I just had to double check. Ms. Waldman is in exam room 3."

"Thanks." Justin gave one last glance at the other people in the waiting room and headed down the hallway. He knocked on the door and then pushed it open to find Emma sitting there alone on the table.

"Hey." she said softly. "The doctor just left, I was just getting ready to come back out what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just..." he didn't really finish his sentence he just walked over to her and kissed the side of her head. "Are you ready?"

She nodded and ducked out of his arm and headed towards the door. He sighed and followed her out of the room, and out of the building. They silently got into the car and headed home.

They pulled in the driveway and Justin jumped out and ran to the other side of the car to help Emma. It was a little unneccessary but he'd been pretty much attached to her side since they'd come home from the hospital.

"I talked to Natalia today. She booked our honeymoon." He winked and slid his hand down her arm and wound their fingers together.

"Oh... good."

"Yea I thought so. She emailed me pictures of the room and there is a hot tub on the balcony."

"Oh."

"Very romantic. Complimentary room service and champagne and they really make it all up with flowers and stuff."

"Sounds nice." Emma's amswers were significantly less enthusiastic then Justin's statements and he frowned. She seemed so avoidant and isolated from him and no matter what he tried to do it was as if she kept pushing him out.

He followed up the front steps where yet another bouquet of flowers was waiting for them. Over the past couple of days, as the news traveled through social circles Justin and Emma had recieved flowers and other gifts from everyone from the Osbornes to Oprah all giving him their condolences.

A few people, like Ellen Degeneres and Timbaland had actually called to ask if there was anything they could do but overall it was just getting to be too much. He wanted to be left alone.

"Who's that from?" Emma let Justin pick it up since most of them were from his celebrity friends anyway and she unlocked the front door.

"Jay Leno." Justin answered and followed her inside, finding a place for the flowers in the living room where most of the others were.

"Thats nice of him." Emma put her bag on the couch and then headed upstairs. "I'm going to go take a nap."

"That sounds like a good idea." Justin just wanted to be near her and he sighed when he saw her shoulders slump like she wished he hadn't said that, but he ignored it anyway and followed her upstiars to their bedroom. When they laid down he pulled her into his arms like he was accustomed to doing and closed his eyes trying to fall asleep, willing her to relax and get some rest as well.

Almost an hour later, when he assumed she thought he'd fallen asleep he felt her move out of his reach and roll over to face the other way. He waited a few minutes before opening his eyes and checking on her, noticing that she was now fast asleep and almost as far away from him on the bed as she could possibly be. He flopped onto his back and stared at the ceiling.

"You're killing me Emmy." He whispered into the air knowing that she wouldn't hear him anyway. "I don't know what to do for you." He sat up and got off the bed, scribbled a note onto a piece of paper and left it on his side of the bed before grabbing his car keys and heading to JC's house.

"Hey" JC said when Justin found him in his basement studio. "What's goin on?"

Justin collapsed on the couch, tossed an arm haphazardly over his eyes and groaned.

"That good huh?" JC chuckled lightly and stopped what he was doing to go sit down on the chair near Justin. "How's Emma?"

Justin was completely still for a few moments, and didn't say a word. Then slowly his arm uncovered his face and he sat up, and looked right at JC.

"Honestly?" He said, and JC nodded.

"I have no idea." Justin sighed heavily and laid back down again.

JC was confused. "What do you mean?"

"She won't talk to me Jayce. No matter what I say or do her answers to everything are short and simple and it's like she's avoiding me. She doesn't want me to touch her, or talk to her or even look at her."

"I'm sure that's not true. Maybe you're just over-reacting."

Justin sat up quickly and almost glared at JC. "No. I'm not." He said. "She had to go see the doctor this morning, not the regular doctor but the... woman doctor." he said, carefully choosing his words and he heard JC laugh a little again. "Anyway, so I took her and she didn't even want me to come in with her. I mean... it's not like... I don't know. It's not like I wasn't with her for all the other appointments to check on the baby and stuff."

"Jay, this is going to be tough on both of you. Maybe she just didn't want you to have to deal with that part of it."

"But I want to. For God's sakes it, it is my problem too."

"I don't know what to tell you Jay. It'll get easier."

"I hope so. We got back from the doctor's and she said she wanted to take a nap. My mom has Riley until like 6 so I said that sounded like a good idea and I laid down with her and... hugged her like I always do and she waited Jayce, she waited til she thought I was asleep and she got about as far away from me as she could and then fell asleep. It's killing me."

JC couldn't really think of anything to say that would make a difference. Justin watched him expectantly waiting for some words of wisdom from the older man but got nothing in return and he flopped backwards again, with his arm over his eyes.

"How's the song coming?" Justin asked.

"I'm almost done with the arrangement, and most of the vocals are complete just need the last chorus redone. It's a little bit different then the others."

"Cool."

"Yea. So it will definately be ready by the end of June and out to radio by August or September."

"Awsome. But the music will be done by July?"

"Oh yea." JC nodded. "Do you wanna hear it?"

"Yea." Justin was suddenly a little more uplifted, and he sat up while JC walked back into the small soundproof room and hit a couple buttons then came back out to where Justin was. He pushed another button on the console just outside the windows of the other room and a rough cut of a slow song started to play, JC's voice coming in with some lyrics.

"I love it." Justin said.

"Good." JC replied and then shut down the system as the song finished. "When am I gonna get you in that studio to cut it?"

Justin just laughed and shook his head. "I think I'm done for a little while." He said. "I should get going. Maybe pick up dinner and get Riley from my mom's so she doesn't have to drive her over later. I'll see ya."

"Okay. Good luck!" JC called after him as Justin headed up the stairs and out of the house.

"Yea! Thanks!" He heard Justin call back before a door shut somewhere in the distance.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj