(January 12, 2008)

"Jay, we have to meet Natalia at 2." Emma said, coming into the kitchen on a Saturday morning. Justin and Riley were quietly munching on some cereal. They both pretty much ignored her; Riley had certainly inherited her father's morning attitude.

"We were just there yesterday." Justin whined, looking at her like she was crazy.

"That was just to drop off the guest list that she's been waiting for. We have to pick out invitations now so that she can send them, and also flowers."

"Flowers? Can't you just... go without me?" He asked, and then instantly regretted it.

Now it was her turn to look at him like he was talking in another language. Her expression changed from disbelief to hurt in about 4 seconds and she glared at him. "What?" she asked softly.

He sighed and realized he'd probably said something rediculous and stood up to walk over to her. He hugged her non-responsive form and squeezed her tightly. "nevermind. I'll be ready. Come on, have some breakfast. What are you thinking about for flowers?" he asked.

After a few moments of just standing there in his arms she finally hugged him back and then ducked out of his arms to steal his seat next to Riley and take a bite of his breakfast. He chuckled and rolled his eyes before pouring a new bowl and sitting across from her. he switched the bowls around and took a bite while he waited for her to answer.

"Orange calla lilies and orange and red circus roses." she said definatively.

"See you don't even need me." he said but dropped his protest of yet another trip to visit the wedding planner, knowing he'd just lose anyway.

They wasted the morning looking through a magazine with invitation samples before they buckled Riley in her carseat and headed downtown to Natalia's office.

"See now that wasn't so horrible!" Emma said as they were coming out of Natalia's office 2 hours later.

"Thats what you think." Justin sighed and rubbed his hands over his face. They walked out to the car and Emma buckled Riley in the carseat and climbed into the passenger side.

"Wanna get some dinner while we're out? Or were you planning on making something?" Justin looked at Emma before starting up the car.

"I didn't take out anything. Do you wanna just run through a drive through?"

"Sure." He drove a few miles down the stretch of highway and pulled into a McDonalds drive thru. They rushed through, thanking God that it wasn't a teenager in the window and then headed home.

"I think I am going to run over to JC's tomorrow morning okay?" Justin told Emma, hours later when they were laying in bed watching a lifetime movie that was capturing Emma's attention more then his.

"Okay."

"Kay." he replied, and slid lower down the bed, so that his head was closer to Emma's stomach then her head and he snaked his arms around her waist, and pushed up the bottom of her shirt.

She looked down at him curiously, but smiled softly when he rested his cheek against her skin and closed his eyes. Very softly she heard him humming a vaguely familiar melody but she couldn't figure out what exactly it was. She reached out for the remote and turned off the tv and closed her eyes letting the strange tune, and the comfort of his embrace lull her to sleep.



"Guess what I've got?" Emma came strolling into their bedroom one evening later that week, holding something behind her back and smiling as she talked in a sing-song voice.

"A sexy nightie?" Justin's eyebrows raised and he looked at her with a goofy grin on his face. He put down the notebook he was writing in and sat up straighter reaching to take off his reading glasses.

"What? No you dork. Nightie? What are you, 80?"

"Oh shut up. What do you have?" He motioned for her to come over and she jumped onto the bed beside him and held up a large book.

"The Big Book of Baby Names huh?" Justin smiled and held up one arm so she would cuddle closer to him. "Alright, let's have a look."

They flipped through a few pages and read silently through name after name before Emma found one she liked.

"I kind of like the name James, what about you?" Emma looked up from the book and waited for him to answer.

"I don't know. That's Lance's first name. I really want a name thats no one elses. Original you know?"

"Nothing crazy Jay. No Airline Manager or something weird like what that one guy did... that poor child."

"First of all it was Pilot Inspector, and I am not psycho." He laughed.

"Okay fine. Mickey?"

"Like the mouse? No way?"

"Ryder?"

"That's Kate Hudson's son."

"Okay, you think of something then."

"What about Jordon? Jordon Cooper Timberlake." he said triumphantly after thinking for a moment.

"Ya know what? I actually like that." Emma smiled and moved a little closer to him. She kissed his lips quickly and he smiled back. "What about for a girl?"

Justin flipped to the section of girls names and picked one. "What about Heather?"

"No."

"Why not?" He asked.

"Just no, I hate that name."

"Okay, okay. Meredith?"

"Maybe. But that kind of reminds me of Grey's Anatomy."

"Oh alright nevermind then. I like the name Ava."

"Oooh. I like that too. Ava... Madison."

"Very nice. I also like the name Bailey, but we can keep that in mind for the next one." Justin smiled and winked and then squeezed Emma playfully and kissed her stomach before resting his hand on it. She wasn't showing at all but he knew it was only a matter of time.

She rolled her eyes sharply. "I don't know how many you think I'm pushing out of there." she scoffed and he laughed.


(Two Weeks Later. January 31, 2008)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Somewhere close to 200 people gathered in the club that Emma had reserved for Justin's suprise birthday party, and they all shouted their greeting when he came into the room.

He stopped short and smiled, his breath caught in his throat at the suprise. Emma hugged him from the side and he looked down at her.

"Did you do this?" he asked, gazing at all the people.

She nodded, sheepishly, and squeezed him tightly while his mother managed to break her way through the crowd and come up to hug her son.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe my Baby's 27, I am getting so old. I remember when you used to run around the house completely naked and tie socks around your head and pretend you were a superhero." She embarrased him like only a mother could and his face turned beet red as Emma giggled into his chest.

"Mo-om!" He whined. Lynn then pulled Emma into her arms and then took a moment to rub her barely rounding hard stomach afectionatly.

Riley came running through the crowd followed closely by Brianna. "Happy birthday Daddy!" Riley jumped into Justin's arms and he stayed at child height until Brianna caught up and he scooped both girls into his arms before standing up.

"Thank you Princess." He kissed his daughter and then looked at Brianna who was poking his arm.

"Happy birthday Uncle Justin!"

"Why thank you Brie. Now, where's your Daddy?"

"He's somewheres! Over there!" Brianna pointed through the crowd, her directions not helping Justin find Joey in the least, until finally he saw him standing with Kelly, peeking over the crowd probably in search of his daughter. By now the music had started playing and people were mingling, waiting to get the change to greet Justin, but giving him the time to acknowledge his family and close friends first. Justin manuevered his way through the crowd towards Joey with the two girls in his arms.

"Hey man, here's your kid." He laughed and Brianna reached out for her father.

"Happy birthday man."

"Thanks. Where are the other guys?" Justin asked.

"I don't know around somewhere."

"Alright, I'll look around. Hey Kell." Justin finally hugged Joey's wife as Emma caught up to him and began to chat with the other woman.

Kelly quickly smiled at Justin and said hello before continuing her conversation with Emma.

"Hey Em?" Justin touched her elbow and leaned closer to her.

"yea?"

"I'm gonna go look for JC and the other guys, I'll be around." He said softly.

"Okay." she smiled and leaned closer to him and he kissed her cheek before taking off with Joey. Emma turned around to see Kelly smiling at her.

"what?"

"nothing." Kelly just grinned and patted Emma's stomach, a strange thing that Emma had gotten used to. "So I heard about the baby, congrats."

Emma blushed and smiled "thanks. We're excited, we actually were talking about names the other night."

"Oh yea?" Emma and Kelly continued to talk about baby stuff until the DJ called everyone together to sing 'Happy Birthday' to the man of the hour and Emma left Kelly to find Justin before the crowd got to thick. After a round of 'Happy Birthday' sung by the chorus of semi-drunk guests, Justin gleefully blew out the 27 candles on his cake, with Emma's help, and the cake was taken away to be cut. Meanwhile Justin pulled Emma into his arms and onto the dance floor for an old Elton John song.

"My gift is my song and this one's for you." Justin couldn't resist singing along with the parts of the song that he knew. "and you can tell everybody that this is your song, it may be quite simple but now that it's done..." she giggled as his whispers tickled her ear.

"You're such a dork." she said "but I love you anyway."

He dipped her dramatically. "I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words. How wonderful life is now you're in the world."

"shush." she laughed and hugged him when the song ended and he pulled her close again.

"Maybe I will write you a song some day." he said.

"Right." she rolled her eyes. "I'm sure you will."

"Oh just wait Baby." He yanked on her arm and she slammed against his chest and he wrapped his arms tightly around her and kissed her shocked lips. "It will be the best song you've ever heard."

Chapter End Notes:
"Your Song" -Elton John


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj