(3 months later, May 18, 2008)

"What does your mom need anyway?" Emma asked Justin, giving him a confused look. They were in the car, on their way across town to his mothers house.

"I'm not really sure. She just said it was something about the wedding, the centerpieces or something like that."

"Oh no! I hope there wasn't a problem with having those fish shipped to the hotel on time."

"Fish?"

"Yea, these like... Chinese, err... some kind of Asian fighting fish. They are going to be in the glass vases with the flowers, only one though because if they are put together they will puff up and attack eachother."

"What?!"

"Yea. Don't tell your friends though. Next thing you know they'll be putting them in together and there will be dead fish everywhere."

"Well she didn't say anything about fish, so I think we're good." Justin laughed and shook his head. But she was right, Chris would probably be the first one to mix the fish together just to see what happens and then everyone else would just follow suit. He had to admit though, it would probably be a neat thing to see.

"I hope so." Emma sighed and turned up the radio and switched it to a country music station, where a Tim McGraw song was playing.

"You and your country music." Justin chuckled and reached for her hand.

"You and your rap." she mocked him and squeezed his fingers.

"Speaking of music, the DJ needs a list of like 15 songs that we definatly want to hear and anything that we want banned. Like say, any Backstreet Boys or... well my music. I don't wanna hear 'Tearin' Up My Heart' the guys might just be drunk enough to start dancing." He laughed and Emma rolled her eyes.

"Let's put Britney Spears on that list too." Emma suggested and it was Justin's turn to roll his eyes. Well everyone had pretty much let bygone's be bygones, Britney hadn't exactly been invited to the wedding, not that she would have come anyway.

"So, maybe we can look through some CD's and pick out a song list tonight hmm?"

"Okay." Emma smiled. They were pulling into Lynn's driveway and the couple got out of the car and Justin got Riley out of the back and then led Emma inside where they were immediately greeted by a fantastic chorus of people yelling "Suprise!"

Riley screetched at the suprise and Justin and Emma looked around and saw so many of their family members and friends all smiling at them and then looked at eachother.

"Did you...?" Emma pointed at him but he shook his head.

"Nope." He said and held onto her hand while his mother moved towards him.

"We were thinking about throwing you a bridal shower Emma but we didn't really think you needed anything so it's just a... party in honor of you two getting married."

Justin smiled and kissed his mom on the cheek. "Thanks Mom." He let her take Riley. He hugged his bride-to-be close and kissed the side of her head, then he whispered in her ear something about going to find the guys and she nodded and wandered off to talk with her parents.

People mingled around them and Emma gladly spent some time chatting with Kelly and her mother and also JC's new girlfriend Amy, who wasn't shy in introducing herself as such, earning herself a roll of the eyes from Emma and Kelly but they tried to ignore her obvious gold-digging qualities and be friendly.

Meanwhile Justin rounded up his boys and dragged them out to his SUV, trying his hardest not to be noticed.

"Dude? What's going on?" Joey asked, climbing in the back of the 7 passenger Escalade with Lance, Chris and Trace, while JC climbed into the passenger seat and Justin in the drivers side.

"I want you guys to hear something, Jayce... didja bring it?"

"What, do you think I carry it around with me?" JC asked, giving Justin a strange look.

"No, but seeing as I thought I was supposed to be dropping off Emma for a Bridal shower and then meeting you, but instead I find out I've been duped too, I thought maybe you'd have been smart enough to bring that with you." Justin droned on quickly, nervously glancing at the front door of the house.

"Man... you're lucky!" JC said. "It's inside, hold on." JC jumped out of the car and jogged inside, returning a few seconds later, almost breathless. He pulled a CD out of a case and put it in the slot on the console and pushed play.

The song that JC had played for Justin months ago filled the air, this time with Justin's vocals replacing JC's.

The car remained silent for three and a half minutes, until the last guitar chord faded away.

"Wow." Lance said suddenly. JC and Justin beamed at their friends who hadn't heard a note of the song or a word of the lyrics until now.

"Did you write that Jay?" Trace asked.

"Yea. JC helped with the music. It's not what I'm used to, but..."

"I think that's the best thing you've ever done." Chris said.

"She's gonna love it! You're gonna release it to radio right? I mean even if you don't cut an album it's such an amazing song."

"Yea, yea. We've gotta touch up some of the rough parts but I needed the music done for the wedding. I'm gonna sing it before out first dance." He smiled proudly. "It won't get to radio til Septemberish."

"Damn that was awsome." Lance reiterated.

"Thanks." Justin replied.

"So, how are things going with you two anyway?" Joey asked suddenly changing the topic. "Jayce said you were having some issues a while ago?"

Justin gave JC a look, and JC shrugged as if to say 'Sorry.'

"We're fine." Justin said. "She's good."

"See, told ya it would just take some time." JC lightly knocked Justin on the shoulder.

"For the most part. She let's me kiss her and hold her hand and hug her anyway..."

"But...?" They all knew what was coming.

"I... uh..." Justin was suddenly a little uncomfortable talking with them about his sex life, or current lack thereof. They used to do what all guys do and talk about it all the time, but for some reason it just didn't feel right because this time he wasn't searching for jeers of appreciation for scoring or sympathy over a horrible one night stand.

The other guys didn't make him finish his statement, they understood and just nodded and started to climb out of the car. JC was the only one who didn't leave right away.

"Dry spell huh?" JC offered Justin unneccessary sympathy.

"Yea, something like that. I don't really get it, one day we were trying to have a baby and now... well there's only one way to do that ya know?" Justin chuckled lightly and avoided JC's gaze.

"Look, it's been getting better right? Give her a little more time." JC was always good for advice.

"More time huh? We have the rest of our lives right?" Justin smiled and got out of the car, JC noted the subject as dropped and followed Justin back inside to rejoin the party.

Later that night, after the people had cleared out and headed home or to their hotels, Justin was just about to scoop his sleeping daughter off his mother's guest bed, when she stopped him.

"Just let her sleep." Lynn whispered, leading Justin out of the room. "I'll bring her home in the morning." Justin nodded and said gonight to his mother and then found Emma.

"You ready to go?" He asked, reaching for her hand and pulling her off the couch to her feet.

"Where's Riley?" Emma asked.

"She's sleeping so my mom's gonna bring her home in the morning." Justin smiled.

"Okay." Emma waved and whispered goodbye to Lynn and followed Justin out to the car.

They got back home and went inside, where Justin immediately headed upstairs and crawled into bed turning the television on. Emma rummaged through the kitchen for a bottle of water and grabbed a notebook and a pen before heading upstairs.

She dug through one of Justin's dresser drawers for one of his old t-shirts to sleep in and after changing in the bathroom she crawled into bed next to him with the pen and notebook.

"What's that for?" Justin asked, apparently forgetting their earlier conversation.

"song list?" Emma answered. "I was thinking about a couple Brad Paisley and Edwin McCain songs, what do you think?"

"Aww... right." Justin sighed. He thought for a moment "Hey Em?"

"Yea?"

"Can we do this tomorrow?"

"I guess... but why?"

"Because..." Justin turned off the tv and looked straight into her eyes.

She giggled, "that's hardly an acceptable answer." she said, and squirmed when she felt his fingertips trail up her bare leg under the blankets.

His other hand reached for the notebook and pen and he leaned over her to put them on the nightstand. He slid his palm under her chin and began kissing her neck, waiting for her to push him away.

But she didn't.

Instead she breathed in deeply and reached for his face, pulling him to eye level and leaning up to kiss him. They were lost for a few moments, and she slid her hands under his shirt and pulled it off of him before he stopped his current task of attacking her neck again with his lips and looked at her.

One of his hands was curved around her torso pulling her close to him as he hovered above her and the other hand was at her waist, burning her skin.

He looked at her, wondering and hoping that she wouldn't push him away this time.

She smiled softly and one hand came away from his chest and she reached over her head and turned off the light before reaching up, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his lips against hers again.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj