Now if you're ever wondering
About the way I'm feeling
Well baby girl there ain't no question
Just to be around you is a blessing

Justin opened the door and peeked around it before actually coming into the room. He saw Allie staring back at him through the mirror of her dresser as she brushed her hair.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." She smiled and remained silent, his eyes glazed over.

"Um. What's up?" She had never known him to be at a loss for words, but that was what it seemed like now.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." He said, licking his lips.

"Okay." She set the brush down and turned around, walking over and sitting down on the end of her bed. He still seemed lost in thought. "Jay?" She patted the bed next to her and he snapped out of whatever haze he was in.

"Yea." He looked at her. "Right, so... it's a boy." He clapped his hands together. He had chickened out again.

"Yea... I know I was there."

"Yea." he cracked a smile. "Did you want to talk about names?"

She was a bit confused. "Names?"

"For the baby." he clarified.

"Oh, okay." She nodded "I don't know, isn't there a book we can look at or something?"

"Probably... but is there anything that sticks out in your head? You're a girl, you must have thought about it at some point when you were younger."

For a moment she looked offended. "Did you?" she asked him.

"Well... no."

"Then why would I have?"

"I don't know, I just thought that was what girls did. Think about baby names and their dream weddings."

"Are you asking me about baby names, or asking me to marry you because I have no idea where you're going with this."

"Names..." Justin cleared his throat. "I just think it's something we should start thinking about." He didn't even really know where he was going with this anymore.

"Well, fine I'll think about it. But, ya know what I have been thinking about?"

"What?" He stopped watching his hands and glanced up at her.

"What's going to happen when he gets here Justin?"

"I, Uh... don't know."

Allie stood up and walked around a bit, finally turning and casually folding her arms across her chest. "I mean, I'm here so that you can be around when he's born but my family and my job are in New York. My life is in New York."

"I know." Justin could see that she was getting riled up and he stood up wondering what kind of answer he could give her. "I don't know what to do right now." He said.

"I can't stay here forever Justin, and there's really no reason to. You can go anywhere at any time and..."

She didn't get to finish her thought because he suddenly stepped forward, cradled her face in his hands and kissed her.

She was shocked, her eyes wide open and for a split second she thought about stepping back, but his hands were holding her still and his lips were commanding hers and she just couldn't pull away. Nor did she want to.

Her arms moved to rest out over his shoulders and she leaned into him. He loomed over her, one of his hands came away from her cheek and reached around her back to pull her as close to him as possible until her stomach got in the way and she couldn't possibly get any closer.

He tore his lips away from hers momentarily so that they could catch a breath before he kissed her again and again. He'd been wanting and waiting to do this for so long now that he didn't want to stop.

The sound of a knock at the door and the Renee opening it and calling out for Allie startled them and Allie pushed him back just as Renee came into the room.

"Allie? Oh." A sly grin covered Renee's face. "Watcha doin?" she asked.

The doorbell rang downstairs and Justin nearly ran from the room in his haste to aviod Renee's questions. He had never been more happy to see a pizza delivery man.

Justin paid the delivery man and took the pizza into the kitchen, he opened up the box, but he wasn't hungry at all. He sat at the island, picking at the piece of pizza and wondering how he could be so stupid... he was calling himself stupid a lot lately.

They were certainly going to have to talk about all of this now. Why did he go and kiss her for. She had just been way to annoyingly cute ranting on and on like that and he just couldn't help himself, he had to hush her up somehow, besides it had just felt so good to be that close to her.

He had to wonder though, what was going on upstairs.


"Allie, Allie, Allie..." Renee had a strange skip to her step as she walked across the room and plopped down in the middle of Allie's bed, smiling brightly at Allie who was blushing like mad.

"You got youself a little treat didja?" Renee giggled and Allie's jaw dropped a little.

"Hey now... he kissed me."

"Right and you were hating it so much huh?"

"Well... no of course not, have you looked at him lately." Allie started to laugh and had to lay down on the bed too, before she fell down. "Whew, that was great."

Renee was a little shocked at how outright honest Allie was being at the moment. "You are crazy girl. So what now?"

That question brought Allie right down from the high she was on and she turned her head so that she could see Renee. "I have absolutely no idea."

Renee smiled, a semi-evil and very mischivous grin. "You should go jump him... I'll chill out up here, just steal me some pizza when you're done." Renee laughed and Allie tossed a pillow at her.

"You're bad." Allie smiled, although she definatly wouldn't mind a second round.

"Well for what's it's worth, he heard us talking before, outside."

"He did?"

"Yea." Renee nodded, hoping she hadn't screwed things up by telling Allie that. "So he obviously feels the same way you do, that's good right?"

"I don't know."

"He kissed you right? I mean, maybe if you weren't knocked up it wouldn't have meant anything, but this situations crazy enough without adding this to it, I doubt he would've kissed you if he wasn't sure that was what he wanted."

Renee could dish out some pretty good advice when she wanted to. There was a soft knock at the door and Allie's eyes popped wide open again because she knew it was Justin.

Renee patted Allie's knee and stood up just as Justin pushed the door open, he looked right at Allie, "Can I talk to you?" he asked.

Renee nodded at Allie and then headed towards the door, where Justin moved out of her way. She was out the door and he had almost completely closed it before she yelled out,

"Maybe try actually talking this time."

Justin blushed.

Allie blushed.

But neither said anything at all.

Allie had sat up and was staring at him, waiting for him to speak first. He walked across the room and raised an eyebrow, glancing at the bed.

Allie nodded slightly and he sat down, reaching for her hand thinking that just holding it between his would give him the strength to initiate this inevitable conversation.

He stared into her eyes, desperately trying to find the right words, it should have been so easy to just say how he was feeling but in all honestly he couldn't quite place his feelings. He certainly wasn't in love with her, he was intrigued by her, he wanted to know more about her, and he definatly wanted to spend more time kissing her and then some.

Allie was completly entranced by the intense deep blue pools that were staring at her. She simply couldn't look away and she wished he would say something so that she could say something back and end the confusing silence.

He was searching for words.

And she was waiting for them.

She finally couldn't stand it anymore and she raised her hand up to his cheek, and his eyes closed as he leaned into it. He still didn't know what to say, but just knowing that she wasn't running away from this was comforting. He licked his lips and Allie smiled. His eyes opened when she started to lean forward and then they closed again when she kissed his forehead.

Then they were right back where they started, silently staring at eachother, but this time it wasn't as nerve-racking. She didn't need words anymore, and he knew that, but that didn't stop him from trying.

"I don't..." She pressed a finger to his lips and shook her head.

"It's okay, we'll figure it out." She said, and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into a hug which he returned, his chin resting on her shoulder, his eyes closed and he forgot everything about this overwhelming situation and soaked in the comfortable and easy silence that was now surrounding them.

Sick and tired of trying to save the world
I just want to spend my time with you girl
And what you're giving me
Let's me know that we'll be alright.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story