Now, if I wrote you a love note
And made you smile with every word I wrote
Would that make you want to change your scene
And wanna be the one on my team
See, what's the point of waiting anymore?
Cause girl I've never been more sure

The sun broke through the thin white curtains as it did every morning and Allie tossed an arm over her face to sheild out the offensive light. A jolt in her stomach snapped her out of her dreams and her hand flew to the place where the sudden bump had occured. She sat up and a funy feeling came over her as she felt the movement against her hand again.

He was moving!

Her first instinct was to find someone to tell an as it turned out she didn't have to go very far.

She realized as she tried to move that there was a weight on the bed next to her. A memory of the night before ran through her mind when she saw Justin asleep on top of the blankets weighing them down.

It took her only a split second to move past the shock as the baby kicked at her hand again and she nudged Justin's shoulder with her other hand.

"Justin! Jay!"

He was laying on his side faceing her and he made absolutely no effort to move except that his arm lifted up and attempted to reach around her, and had she been laying down she would have been wrapped up in his arms. An enviable position at the very least.

But, she wasn't laying down and she rolled her eyes at his lame movement, grabbed his hand and yanked on it. "Justin!"

That woke him up.

"Wha... What?" His eys poped open with a start and he appeared slightly confused as to where he was and definatly confused as to what was going on.

"He's moving!"

"Who?" He rubbed at his eyes.

"The baby!"

"Really?"

She nodded excitedly and grabbed his hand again. She placed it on her stomach where her hand had been and then covered his hand with hers. She watched him carefully, waiting for another bump.

He watched his hand as if it would move, and when the baby kicked at his hand his eyes lifted up to meet hers, with a silly grin and an undesribable light in his eyes.

"Oh my God he's moving!"

"I know!" She smiled back at him, and was going to say something more but his free hand lifted up to her cheek and he leaned forward to kiss her so quickly that she completely forgot what it was.

This was turning out to be a great morning.

There was a knock at the door and without even thinking Allie shouted, 'Come in!' not even worried about Renee seeing her and Justin there in bed together. She was much too excited.

"Allie?" Renee opened the door and was clearly shocked by the scene before her. "What's going on guys?"

"The baby's moving!" Allie and Justin both said at the same time, those goofy grins reaapearing.

Renee smiled. "That's great!"

"I know!" Allie replied. Justin pulled his hand away from Allie's stomach and got off the bed. "I'm going to go take a shower." He told her. Allie nodded and mouthed an 'okay.' Then he left the room smiling at Renee as he passed her.

Renee walked over to Allie's bed and sat in the place that Justin had vacated.

"Did he... sleep here?" was Renee's first question.

"Apparently." Allie nodded. "I don't actually remember falling asleep though."

"Iiinteresting." Renee grinned, earning a playful shove from Allie.

"Are you all packed?" Allie asked. Renee was supposed to fly back to New York that afternoon.

"Yeap, I'm all ready to go."

"I'm sorry we didn't have a whole lot of time to do much." Allie said sadly.

"It's alright. I got to see you, and this belly, and that hunky man of yours."

"He's still not my man."

Renee clibed off the bed. "You keep telling yourself that." She patted Allie's knee. "Get ready and I'll be downstairs." Allie waited until Renee had left before she got out of bed and trudged to the bathroom to shower.

That afternoon flew by in a blur, and all too soon, Allie was watching Renee walk through security checkpoints in the airport and head out of sight. Allie turned around and headed back out of the airport to get into the car where Justin was waiting parked along the sidewalk.

She opened the door and he was on the phone, so she climbed in quietly and shut the door.

"Yea Ma, he was kicking this morning." She smiled when he said that and she turned her head so that she could see him. He was listening to his mother talk, but he caught her eye and winked.

"It was amazing. But listen Ma, Allie's back so we're gonna head home. I love you too. Bye." He closed his cell phone and dropped it in the cupholder before turning off the hazard lights and putting the car in drive.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yea."

"Okay." He pressed his foot on the gas and they were on their way. It was a few minutes before he spoke again.

"So, I asked my mom to start looking for penthouses in New York City." He said.

"You what!?" He had to smile at the sound of the suprise in her voice.

"Heh..." He chuckled. "I'm going to move to New York." He said. "I've been thinking about it for a while, even before all this..." He trailed off momentarily. "This just gives me more of a reason to."

"Oh yea? What's that?"

"What's what?"

"You're reason."

He made sure he was fully stopped at a red light before taking his eyes off the road to look straight at her. "You."

Allie's mouth opened but no words came out.

The light turned green and he gave her that wink again before turning his attention back to his driving. It made him feel good to leave her speechless. Maybe they hadn't exactly talked about what all this hugging and winking and kissing meant, but at this point it didn't really seem like they needed to. Without having to discuss it they already knew they were on the same page.

They were almost home, when Justin reached for her hand and held on to it, occasionally rubbing his thumb back and forth across the top of it. She glanced at him when she felt his fingers close around hers and he seemed deep in thought.

Then he turned down the road towards the house.

"I've also been thinking..."

"Wow, really? What a miracle." Allie had to laugh, he'd left that wide open.

He hung his head with a smile and pulled the car into the driveway. "Cheap shot." he mumbled. "But seriously. I've been thinking."

"About what?"

They both got out of the car and he found the house key to unlock the door.

"I think I want to give People an interview."

"Who people?" Allie asked.

"People Magazine. Johnny said he's getting calls every day wanting me to talk, and I think I've held out long enough."

"Um... alright. What exactly are you going to say?"

"I'm not entirely sure yet, they'll ask me questions and I'll answer the ones I want to, but it would basically come out and say that you are my girlfriend and that we're having a baby together. You know... the truth."

"Justin that's not exactly true though, I'm not your girlfriend."

"Well... maybe by the time I give them the interview it will be?" He voiced the phrase as a question and Allie was a bit confused... in a good way.

"Well Justin Timberlake." She smiled. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

He half-smiled at her with a deep chuckle. "Well Miss Allie, I suppose I am." He took her hand. "Will you do me this honor?" he knew he was being unbelieveably corny but with any luck she would think it was cute, not lame.

She laughed and stopped him before he moved to kneel down. "You're a dork." She swatted at his shoulder and he put his hand up and acted hurt.

"You havn't answered me yet."

"Do I really have to?" He was standing right in front of her, holding out his arms and yes she thought he looked completely adorable standing there actually waiting for an answer to a question she felt was retorical, but she wasn't going to let him know that. His ego was beefed up enough by everyone else.

"Hell yea." He said.

"How's this instead." she said, and he was confused for a second before she stepped forward and kissed him.

"That'll do." he smiled against her lips, pausing the moment before picking it right back up again as his hands reached for her waist and pulled her closer. Life was good.

I can see us holding hands
Walking on the beach, our toes in the sand
I can see us on the countryside
Sitting on the grass, laying side by side
You could be my baby, let me make you my lady
Girl, you amaze me
Ain't gotta do nothing crazy
See, all I want you to do is be my love



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story