Is this the way it's really going down?
Is this how we say goodbye?
Should've known better when you came around
That you were gonna make me cry
It's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie

Allie stared at the ceiling as she lay in bed, the sun rising after another sleepless night. She couldn't quite figure out if it was because she was just over 8 months pregnant, or just the fact that it had been nearly a month since she'd left Justin to come back to New York.

She did know however, that she was still has heartbroken as the day she walked out of that front door.

It had been so difficult to keep from picking up the phone and calling him, or even getting back on a plane to head back to the west coast. She had made sure to clear out the cell phone he'd given her, and leave no way for him to reach her. She knew he didn't have her parents or Renee's number, so she felt like the break was clean enough. She had done everything possible to keep him from finding her, but still she couldn't seem to stop missing him. Every once in a while she would flip open her phone, scroll to his number and think about calling, but she never did.

She had done a relatively good job of staying under the radar now that people knew her face. There were pictures of Justin everywhere, and all the magazines were talking about how they weren't seen together anywhere lately.

She'd basically resorted to staying locked inside Renee's apartment just to avoid being found, and plastered to a magazine cover. She wasn't sure if anyone would actually recognize her, but she didn't want to take any more risks then necessary.

She had found refuge with Renee, mainly because she had lost her apartment when she moved in with Justin, and she didn't want to stay with her parents and have to deal with her mothers comments about how she knew that this would happen.

Allie's constant miserable mood was driving Renee crazy. She hated to see Allie, who was normally an upbeat person, so depressed; and there was nothing she could do about it.

"Alllllie!" Renee yelled out one afternoon when she got home from work. "Where are ya?"

"Out here." Renee heard Allie's voice coming from the kitchen and she dropped her purse on the couch in the living room on her way in that direction.

She entered the kitchen and saw Allie sitting at the table, still in her pajamas, reading... no just staring blankly, at the newspaper.

She'd had enough.

"Hey get dressed, we're going out."

"What?" Allie looked up at Renee quickly. "I don't want to."

"and I don't care. You've been sitting here in my apartment, all alone doing absolutely nothing day after day, wasting away to nothing. As your best friend, I can't let you do that anymore, and besides you're totally bringing me down." Renne pulled on Allie's arm until she stood up.

"Go get dressed and we'll go see a movie. Maybe that will get your mind off of Timber-flake."

"Timberlake."

"Eh whatever..." Renee scoffed, "Just hurry up."

Reluctantly, Allie changed out of her pajamas and met Renee in the hallway. Renee offered her an over-enthusiastic grin, and her purse, and led the way outside to the car.

Renee started up the car and the radio blared out of the speakers.

"In entertainment news, Justin Timberlake's current state is in question, as we get word that he's cancelled yet another slew of shows and appearences."

Renee reached for the dial to change the stations but Allie reached out and stopped her.

"Friends and family are very concerned, sources say he's been very depresed lately, and he's hardly ever seen out and about lately."

The announcer chuckled lightly as his co-host interjected,

"And when he is seen out, it's clear he's not happy."

"Right." The man continued. "We even have word that he turned down the chance to collaborate with U2 on an upcoming charity release... What is going on with him, any ideas Marty?"

The other man spoke up again. "Ya know, I don't know Ray, he's heading for a meltdown it seems."

"Theres a lot of speculation as to why we havn't seen him out with that pregnant girlfriend of his..."

The announcer was cut short as Renee finally turned the station. She knew what was coming next, she knew what the press had been saying about Allie, but Allie herself was oblivious.

Allie didn't need to know that the papers were saying Justin was devastated after hearing that the child might not be his, and that Allie had left him for the real father. Even though there was no truth to it all, Justin wasn't talking and Allie had seemingly dissappeared so there was really no voice to override that notion.

They pulled into the movie theater and were able to waste nearly two hours lost in the newest Will Ferral movie. Allie was able to smile and laugh, and forget about Justin, if only for a little while.

"Hey, we gotta stop at the grocery store on the way home, I don't think we have anything for dinner." Renee said, and Allie sighed, but agreed.

"Okay."

On the way into the store, Renee headed straight towards the frozen fod section to grab a frozen pizza but a magazine rack caught Allie's eye when a picture of Justin looking particularly unkempt graced it's cover. She picked up and looked it over carefully, her fingertips idlely tracing dark circles under his undenieably lifeless eyes. He truely did look like he was breaking down and Allie was suddenly struck with the realization that it was because of her.

She was hurting too, but it had been her decision to leave, and she didn't have the entire world in her face day after day like he did.

A tear came to her eye, and Renee stepped up beside her and took the magazine out of her hands.

"You ready to go?" Renee asked softly.

Allie nodded,"yea." She started walking with Renee to a register and they waited in line. Someone stepped up behind them and coughed. "Bitch"

Allie wasn't sure she'd actually just heard that. But, Renee certainly had.

"Excuse you." She turned around and glared at the girl, she didn't know what was going on exactly.

"No, excuse her." The girl nodded at Allie, with a disgusted look.

"Do I know you?" Allie ased the girl, confused because she definately didn't recognize the face.

"No. But I know who you are. You're the bitch that cheated on Justin Timberlake."

"What?" Allie's eyes opened wide and she couldn't believe this.

"You hooked up with like, the hottest guy on the planet, and then got knocked up by someone else. Isn't that why he kicked your slutty ass to the curb?" The girl rolled her eyes and looked Allie up and down.

Renee stepped in then. "Listen little girl, why don't you get your facts straight before you go running your mouth about shit you know nothing about. It's none of your business, but for your information, she left him."

"Yea right. Cuz I believe that. She's some gold-digging whore who thought she'd get her fifteen minutes by telling Justin Timberlake she was gonna have his baby. He found out she was full of shit and that he deserves someone better."

"Who, like you?"

Just then Renee felt Allie reach for her arm, she whipped around and saw Allie leaning over a bit, holding her stomach with one hand and a strange expression on her face.

"Oh my God, Allie?" Renee forgot about the stupid girl and came to Allie's side, trying to help her stand up right. Allie didn't appear to be in pain at all, but she looked scared.

"Are you okay?"

"I think my water broke." A tear came to Allie's eye.

"Oh my God..." Renee shoved the frozen pizza at the crazy fan and then pushed her out of the way to walk with Allie towards the exit. "We've gotta go to the hospital."

"But I... this isn't... oh my God." Allie couldn't really form a complete sentence. She couldn't believe that this was it.

But even more then that, she couldn't believe that she was going to have to do it alone.

Don't want to think about it
Don't want to talk about it
I'm just so sick about it
Can't believe it's ending this way
Just so confused about it
Feeling the blues about it
I just can't do without ya
Can you tell me is this fair?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story