When your doubts have got you thinkin'
Nothing's ever really sacred
And you're afraid you might believe it
Believe in me
And I'll give you a reason

"Justin! Come on!" Allie shouted, not too loudly towards the stairs where he had dissappeared almost ten minutes ago.

He had only left to bring Noah upstairs to bed and she was wondering what was taking him so long.

"It's back on!" She called agian and he came down the stairs.

"Okay, okay, I'm here." He sat down on the couch beside her, tossing his arm around her shoulders. She snuggled up next to him and they focused their attention on the television screen in front of them.

Reflecting back at them, were their own images from just a week ago when they had done an interview with Barbara Walters.

Yes, Justin had finally...finally done the one thing Allie had asked him to do.

The interview itself was put together very quickly. About two weeks after Noah was born, Allie had come back to L.A. with Justin, they'd talked about it and he got in touch with Barbara.

If he was going to do this, he was going to do it right. And Ms. Walters was the best in the business for things like this.

"What were you doing up there?" Allie asked.

"Just watching him." He said softly, trying to appear nonchalant about it.

Allie leaned back a bit and smiled. "You're so cute." she said.

He felt his cheeks pinken. "Heh..."

"And now, you're even cuter." She shook her head and then cuddled close to him again. He kissed the top of her head, and then focused his attention on a particularly poignant section of the interview.

"Now Justin, you recently became a father." Barbara said.

"Yes."

"And that wasn't planned, no?"

"No it was not." He breathed in deeply, wondering if he should elaborate.

"We did not plan on having a child no and despite what I know a lot of people would think, I hesitate to call it a mistake, or accident. I believe everything happens for a reason and he is the best thing to ever happen to me, and she..." he nudged Allie with his arm and she smiled. "She is amazing too."

Barbara turned to Allie. "What does it feel like to have the man who was once considered America's Most Eligible Bachelor at your side?"

Allie breathed in deeply and squeezed Justins hand. "I really can't answer that question. To me, he isn't that person. Not anymore anyway. I've seen the good and the bad, and I take it all in as the man that he is." She paused as if trying to find the best way to complete her thought. "The man who has my heart."

Barbara turned back to Justin again.

"Justin, why did you decide to come out and give this interview?"

"You know, I'm usually very private with my personal life. My music is my music and my life... is mine. But, it seemed that no matter what I did or said, people kept dragging her through the mud and it wasn't right. It was hard on her, hard on me and I didn't want to risk losing her because of this craziness." He didn't feel the need to go into how he almost had, that was now irrelevant.

It looked as though Barbara was going to ask another question but he breathed in again and kept going.

It was his time now to take this all home. "I've said this before, the tabloids take someone's life and turn it into a soap opera. If there isn't drama, they'll create it out of anything. I wanted to just... let everyone know the truth."

"And what's that Justin?"

This was his moment, this was it.

"I am human. Sometimes I am less then perfect, and the only difference between me and my fans, all the people who have me on this pedestal, is that I have to live all of my bad days, all of my off days in front of a camera. I've learned that those dark times, when you think everything is falling down around you, they can bring you some of the greatest blessings. They make you into the best person you could possibly be."

He looked off camera, to where Noah was sitting with his mother. He smiled and Allie and Barbara turned to look too.

"Honestly, I think this will make me even more relatable to my fans, which is a good thing in my book." He smiled.

"Justin, if possible..." Barbara said, "I think you've just won a few more people over."

Justin looked down at Allie and he sighed, he thought about how wonderful this had all turned out to be. They'd fought through one hell of a storm and they might have lost eachother briefly in the thick of it, but they'd come out togther. The outcome was better then he could've imagined.

Noah was perfect and he couldn't imagine having anyone other then Allie as the mother of his child. In retrospect, he couldn't really comprehend what he had been so afraid of. There was no place else he wanted to be.

"I love you." He said suddenly.

"I love you too." Allie said, looking up at him. "Is everything okay?"

He thought for a moment, and smiled softly. "Absolutely perfect."

And after all the sky is fallin' down
And after all the water's washed away
My love's the only promise that remains

Completed
Ally is the author of 22 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked The Walk also liked 534 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story